Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast

Thread: An Open Letter To Paul Tollet

Endearingly Dislikable RotationSlimWang's Avatar

Default Re: An Open Letter To Paul Tollet

It also doesn't feel as nice when it's washing over your vagina.
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    Do you see why you're all idiots? Honestly, sorry for making this personal but I really don't understand how so many people can be this stupid. You don't let the entire allotment of tickets available to people who have previously attended, the same way they don't allow the entire allotment of tickets to be available during presale. 15k for registered Coachella goers in initial presale, 15k in the next round of layaway presales open to everybody, the other 40k in the general onsale.
    If there aren't already 15k that went last year that would also like to go this year, I'm guessing there will be in the next couple of years. So then there are more people who would like to use the loyalty program than can, and we are back to where we started.

I'm not really against a loyalty program, I'm just wondering what other ramifications it would have.

Not everyone is going to be able to get tickets. This was never meant to resolve the fact that there is more demand for tickets than there are tickets.
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

Coachella Junkie shakermaker113's Avatar

coachella.com registration would work for one year, after which every scalper will have an account here and easier access to tickets.

the glastonbury deal or some other way to bind a ticket to the original purchaser would eliminate scalping but may not address the problem - getting tickets to glastonbury is also a clusterfuck, and there's as many available for that as there are for two weekends of coachella.

one idea may be to allow a pre-sale AT coachella for the next year and limit it to one per person. that would rule out a lot of scalpers since they don't actually attend.

sorry if these were already mentioned. the first page was great but the ensuing pages were drivel.

It also doesn't feel as nice when it's washing over your vagina.
    It's only a problem when penetration is involved.

Only accounts with wristbands that were registered to that person and then used would be valid. Again, why do you guys not get this?

Coachella Junkie shakermaker113's Avatar

Only accounts with wristbands that were registered to that person and then used would be valid. Again, why do you guys not get this?
    oh. I missed that detail. that might work. I'm not up to speed on this whole registration thing.

Oh come on, let's talk about sand in the vagina.

Quote Originally Posted by algunz View Post
    Oh come on, let's talk about sand in the vagina.
    When this happens, the vagina is not as fun to lick.

True. Beach sex is never as good as one thinks it should be.

I really don't understand how so many people can be this stupid.

How do you NOT understand this?
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

It's too stupid for such a mind as Randy to grasp.

I don't get why they don't get it either.

Quote Originally Posted by algunz View Post

I don't get why they don't get it either.
    i had someone email to ask if there was any way to buy advance tickets online instead of just at "the front gate". see my avatar.
    .................................................. ..............
    She added the phrase "meany head" to my profile.
    I hardly think I'm an attention whore.
    I train birds of prey and am I licensed falconer

Hahahahaha, I'm sorry you have to deal with that, but I would love to have your job.

Quote Originally Posted by shakermaker113 View Post
    one idea may be to allow a pre-sale AT coachella for the next year and limit it to one per person. that would rule out a lot of scalpers since they don't actually attend.
    I agree. This is the best of ideas. http://www.coachella.com/forum/showt...g-ticket-sales
    Quote Originally Posted by hawkingvsreeve View Post
    Perhaps if you had spent more time planning your sets out and less time playing slutty Indian this wouldn't be so difficult for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Goatchella View Post
    what the fuck do you want from these people. The best festival on earth is not enough?
    You need special privileges because you were cool enough to be there first?
    ^^^^^ this!

...and this...

I'm going to go ahead and play devil's advocate:

How about we assume that the people who have attended Coachella 5+ times have clearly experienced their fill of the festival, and perhaps it's time for them to step aside and for folks who haven't had as many chances, whether it's because they've previously been too young or too poor or too ignorant, to attend? Maybe if you've been to Coachella 10 times, and there are people who have never attended, or who have attended, say, 3 times (like me for example), the less experienced people should get priority. That sounds closer to the power of the 99% than the 1% to me, if we're getting all Occupy Coachella or whatever.

Somehow I doubt this viewpoint will be popular here.
    Quote Originally Posted by JaysonBandivas View Post
    I want to know more about this festival.
    Weekend One & Weekend Two ftw

Your theory just gives more flexibility to scalpers or anyone who hasn't demonstrated a clear propensity towards attending the festival. Once again there is absolute no way to apply this policy fairly to anyone beyond those who have attended in 2012. Therefore, there is no logistically feasible way of weeding out those who have attended one year vs. three years vs. five years vs. ten years. The only determining factor is whether you went LAST year, meaning 2012.

There is absolutely no way to be egalitarian about this. The only way to totally verify your eligibility is having a verified wristband from this very past Coachella.

If everyone would please shut the fuck up about this being some kind of "get rewarded for having been in attendance the most years" stupid kind of shit, I'd really appreciate it. I made it abundantly clear to anyone who can understand the English language worth half a shit that that's not what I'm proposing. Replying to Goatchella's responses is like arguing against the pro-choice movement on the basis of what an autistic Catholic thinks about abortion.

Allotment of tickets keeps being mentioned. Surely you mean an allocation? The only allotments we get over here are full of vegetables.

Oh wait. Now I see the connection.
    Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    well, for all intensive porpoises it is, will sell out within seconds tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by korbinn View Post
    It's jsut dawned on me that I'm overly confident and a extremely ocd perfectionist.
    Quote Originally Posted by kroqken View Post
    I don't give a flying fuck about the Kardashians, I doubt they know who Belle and Sebastian are.

No one gives a shit how you Brits define the American language. We outnumber you at least 50 to 1. It's our language now, and frankly you don't know it that much better than the dumbshits over here.

Yeah but don't act like it's their fault for being dumb. You wouldn't have any choice in the matter, you'd just know the undertow had you and get pulled out to your death. The waves have their way, always.
    Fuck, what I wouldn't give to yell out, "Surf's up," right now, and then watch you get slapped upside the head by a big salty wave...
    Last edited by BROKENDOLL; 05-26-2012 at 03:42 AM.

Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar

...A salty wave of bukkake
    Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    When Foster the People played Pumped Up Kicks I freaked the fuck out because I thought that song was long gone

Quote Originally Posted by TheMadeleine View Post
    ^^^^^ this!

...and this...

I'm going to go ahead and play devil's advocate:

How about we assume that the people who have attended Coachella 5+ times have clearly experienced their fill of the festival, and perhaps it's time for them to step aside and for folks who haven't had as many chances, whether it's because they've previously been too young or too poor or too ignorant, to attend? Maybe if you've been to Coachella 10 times, and there are people who have never attended, or who have attended, say, 3 times (like me for example), the less experienced people should get priority. That sounds closer to the power of the 99% than the 1% to me, if we're getting all Occupy Coachella or whatever.

It won't be popular because it's stupid. What don't you get? The people that were loyal and have been going since the festival was small and virtually unknown and unprofitable are the reason it exists now. Idiot.
    Last edited by captncrzy; 05-26-2012 at 07:39 AM.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

Quote Originally Posted by TheMadeleine View Post

That's certainly a unique business strategy: refuse to sell to your best, most loyal customers.

There is a lot of stupidity on this board, but this might just be the all time champ right here.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    That's certainly a unique business strategy: refuse to sell to your best, most loyal customers.

There is a lot of stupidity on this board, but this might just be the all time champ right here.
    Well, call me illiterate, but where did she say, "refuse to sell to your best and most loyal customers?"

You are illiterate. What do you think this means:

Maybe if you've been to Coachella 10 times, and there are people who have never attended, or who have attended, say, 3 times (like me for example), the less experienced people should get priority
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    You are illiterate. What do you think this means:
    This?
    Maybe if you've been to Coachella 10 times, and there are people who have never attended, or who have attended, say, 3 times (like me for example), the less experienced people should get priority
    According to the book of Brokendollesque, that means she thinks that people who aren't as elite as you think you are should get first dibs, (priority) and that people like you and I would then get ours. Nowhere was it mentioned that we would be refused passes altogether, Einstein.

Season tickets would be a lovely idea, I was really excited to do a 10th year in a row, but the tickets sold out so fast... And I was online on a fucking phone at 1015am (driving to fantastifest since midnight) - for about 45 minutes I watched this fucker refresh over and over. Till it said - sorry sold out!

Perhaps only a certain allotment were available, but I feel like they might as well have just offered all the tickets available. If it sells out in the presale, it sells out. Not leaving those without tickets to fret for the next few months and risk getting scalped or having another heartbreak in January when it sells out instantly.

Now some folks who say, "Hey Mugwog, you've been the last 9 years...You should let someone else go to Coachella..."

Hey person: Shoosh! It's folks like myself who told everyone about how amazing and fun this festival was, and we kept going, bringing more friends and family to witness this event. Although in the recent years as they've improved their logistics, it seems we lost a little bit of the soul of the event. That happens with everything in LA (and the surrounding areas) so its not too much of a loss.

Perhaps the next year they will consider a loyalty program, for at least one of the weeks. That would be fair IMO, and hopefully it could be a weekend 1 thing, most of us at weekend 1 didn't mind Rainchella. The weather wasn't an overbearing heat for once.

Also, it would be nice if they waited till June/July so at least we could possibly save/enjoy other festivals. Also - bring back the 8 payments you greedy mcgreedsters. It's amazing how much of a difference 20-30 dollars will make a monthly bill seem less imposing.

When you consider that this year was the first year where there's a record of passes purchased, and by whom, that makes for an even slate, doesn't it? And... according to the book of Brokendollesque, "Age and wisdom before youth and stupidity." Will that work for you, Tom?