Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: An Open Letter To Paul Tollet

Default Re: An Open Letter To Paul Tollet

Quote Originally Posted by Wheres the beef? View Post
    Sorry, maybe I didn't word this right.

In your scenario, I am a typical "coachella season pass holder". I'm going to renew my pass every year forever even though I don't plan on going every year and I will either sell my pass on the secondary market (at a profit) or back to Coachella (at no cost to me). I still retain my "rights" for the following year and I suffer no consequences if I don't go. The same goes for the other 149,999 passes while who knows how many thousands stand by on the waiting list. Do you not see the problem with this?
    I do see a problem which is why you should probably go back and read my entire post.
    Quote Originally Posted by HotHamWater View Post
    Nobody has ever given a single fuck about anything you've ever had to say.
    Quote Originally Posted by kvnty View Post
    That was Daft Punk, you stupid retarded mongoloid mother fuckers.
    Win even thanked them again towards the end. Just because you trifling bitches weren't there ...

Quote Originally Posted by GuyInTucson View Post
    I do see a problem which is why you should probably go back and read my entire post.
    I will not.

Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    Popularity is a factor too. I don't have any problem defining who gets access to the presale--if you read my post, I explain very clearly who gets access. People with registered wristbands from 2011, or next year 2011 and 2012. GV would be able to see that the wristband was sold to John Smith through his frontgate account, then that his wristband was registered to John Smith on coachella.com, then that the wristband had been scanned in at the turnstiles. There ya go, dude went, he's eligible: proof. The reason we can finally advocate a system like this is it took the RFID bands, the Frontgate ticket system, and the registering your RFID chip with your name and info to make verifying any of this possible.

Now it's possible. Let's do it.
    Even though I would be excluded from the presale for not having went last year, I would be down for this. But only if a person buys a ticket through their frontgate account, registers it coachella.com, has their ID verified at Coachella, and has their wristband scanned at the terminals.
    Last edited by Wheres the beef?; 05-18-2012 at 05:37 PM.

the 30 year old male equivalent of Brokendoll.
    He's closer to a 30 year old cr***, to be fair.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Thanks for giving us the opportunity to not give a fuck again.

I'm with the others, that some type of loyalty program isn't a bad idea. But take me as an example, I've been every year except 1999 and 2012. So if I didn't go in 2012, will I be penalized for not being "loyal", since I didn't scan in? I bought tickets with the intention of going and gave them to a friend instead. Where do you draw the line?

Sure, it can be arbitrary, but then those who just missed the cutoff will feel alienated. And is the cutoff justified? Would the Coachella virgin that first attended in 2012 and then in 2013 establish more "loyalty" than me, despite me having been to the festival for 9 years more than him/her?

I'm all for registration on a site allowing preference. But word will spread and everyone will register. Then what?
    northside groove...southside groove....eastside groove...westside groove

This is a very fair proposal and I hope Paul or any of the other head honchos reads this. If this were to be implemented, I'm sure I would be entitled to a free pass for life or VIP for life considering that I have attended every one of these mofos.
    Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    Is that written in some sort of underground rat language I'm not familiar with?

Guys, seriously, it's not like you have any obligation to listen to me, but your playing into his trolling here?
    Your

Nobody is perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by microcuts View Post
    I met a girl in line in 2004 from my college who said she was only there for Radiohead and was leaving the next day. There's been people like that every year.
    Makes my point - your 04 girl was there for Radiohead. The 12 girl was there for Swedish House Mafia. Plus she was wearing a little club dress and heels.

Jason: sorry, but I can't help myself -- it's "license." Just the one 's'.

Another proposal, which borrows a bit from Brandon's: have another festival comprised entirely of EDM artists in the fall (not sure when the polo season begins, but perhaps September or October -- whenever fall break happens to be) and have the on-sale for tickets to that event coincide with the pre-sale for the following year's Coachella. It could also either be paired with the limited, exclusive pre-sale for previous years' attendees (who would be verified through the process Randy's suggesting) as well as picture verification of ticketholders. Perhaps part of the registration process of your RFID chip could also entail having to upload a passport- or driver's license-style picture of yourself, and they could use something like an iPad to scan you in so that when they do so, your picture appears on the screen.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    "Soon they'll hear my words," he thought, "and they will know that roboto's side-splitting reign of ha-has has begun."

Fuck it, iPads for every attendee.

If the passes were all registered as they were sold I don't see why Goldenvoice couldn't use something like Ticketmaster's system where you can resell a ticket to a show you bought except it's all verified by their system so you know you're not getting ripped off. But in TM's case it's like an ebay auction, whereas Coachella could just let you put your wristband's ID back into the system available for purchase anew at face value from GV and when it's sold just deactivate your wristband and refund you your ticket costs minus all the fees and whatever a fair fee is for "restocking" so to speak. You get a guaranteed ticket but if you can't go you can only get half your money back. I'd do it.
    I have actually been wondering about this myself. What if, as Randy has mentioned, Goldenvoice/Coachella legitimized the resell of tickets by creating their own ticket reselling system or use Ticketmaster's system? Another option could be to partner with Stub Hub? Major League Baseball (with the exception of the Toronto Blue Jays) has partnered with Stub Hub to ensure that tickets purchased on Stub Hubís site are legitimate MLB tickets. Goldenvoice could do the same for Coachella and possibly Stagecoach.

Of course everyone would like to be able to purchase tickets initially at face price but the reality is that even with a loyalty program some people are going to get left out, and/or miss the opportunity, and ticket/wristband scalping is going to exist (though not necessarily related to those people who purchased tickets via a loyalty program). So why not make it so people can feel confident buying wristbands in the secondary market. I would not mind paying above face value if I knew I was getting a real wristband. I would not feel comfortable getting a wristband in the secondary market if I wasnít guaranteed that it was real. Those of us who do not live within driving distance to Coachella have to pay for a plane ticket, hotel room, and a rental car just to make it to the festival. It would suck to spend all that money (along with the price of the fake wristband) only to find out at the gate that a fake wristband had been purchase and we would not be allows into the festival.

I know many people do not like the idea of buying tickets above face value but Coachella is for me, and many others, something we look forward to all year long and I would pay a lot of money to be able to attend. While I was able to get a GA ticket for 2013, if I had to, I would have purchase a VIP 4 Person Tent at $5200 for just myself so I could go to Coachella. Excessive maybe but every year Iíve been itís been the high point of my year and I canít put a price on that.

Guys, seriously, it's not like you have any obligation to listen to me, but your playing into his trolling has now turned a thread of positive, useful discussion for the first two pages into three straight pages of arguing with the 30 year old male equivalent of Brokendoll.

It's your choice if you really wanna keep trying to rationally debate someone who clearly has no education, life experience, grasp of commerce, and who's only really doing this being he's too dumb to ever be right about anything and wanted to derail the thread.

I was ignoring him for a reason, so that if anyone in a position to think about adopting this policy again happened to check it out they wouldn't be turned off by how quickly these supposed "loyal fans" of Coachella degenerate into a slap-fight. Every post he ever made has been immature, feather-headed gibberish. Why not go make fun of the ones in other threads and just let him wear himself out trying to start a fight in here?
    Randy, how long was your hiatus, or "time-out" from the board? What, maybe a little over a year? Amazing... All that time away and you couldn't manage to come up with any new material to stroke your ego with? Lame.

Quote Originally Posted by ods.. View Post
    Fuck it, iPads for every attendee.
    Let's see if they'll toss in a Maxi-Pad for Randy...

Quote Originally Posted by bullcat View Post
    I have actually been wondering about this myself. What if, as Randy has mentioned, Goldenvoice/Coachella legitimized the resell of tickets by creating their own ticket reselling system or use Ticketmaster's system? Another option could be to partner with Stub Hub? Major League Baseball (with the exception of the Toronto Blue Jays) has partnered with Stub Hub to ensure that tickets purchased on Stub Hub’s site are legitimate MLB tickets. Goldenvoice could do the same for Coachella and possibly Stagecoach.

Of course everyone would like to be able to purchase tickets initially at face price but the reality is that even with a loyalty program some people are going to get left out, and/or miss the opportunity, and ticket/wristband scalping is going to exist (though not necessarily related to those people who purchased tickets via a loyalty program). So why not make it so people can feel confident buying wristbands in the secondary market. I would not mind paying above face value if I knew I was getting a real wristband. I would not feel comfortable getting a wristband in the secondary market if I wasn’t guaranteed that it was real. Those of us who do not live within driving distance to Coachella have to pay for a plane ticket, hotel room, and a rental car just to make it to the festival. It would suck to spend all that money (along with the price of the fake wristband) only to find out at the gate that a fake wristband had been purchase and we would not be allows into the festival.

I know many people do not like the idea of buying tickets above face value but Coachella is for me, and many others, something we look forward to all year long and I would pay a lot of money to be able to attend. While I was able to get a GA ticket for 2013, if I had to, I would have purchase a VIP 4 Person Tent at $5200 for just myself so I could go to Coachella. Excessive maybe but every year I’ve been it’s been the high point of my year and I can’t put a price on that.
    You know, when I saw everybody trippin' on getting their Front Gate accounts all set and ready, their browsers finely tuned, and oiling up their refresh buttons so they could be all over this pre-sale at exactly 10 am, I figured I'd skip the "rush hour" phone traffic, and try to purchase later in the afternoon. In fact, I didn't even wakeup until almost 10:30 that morning, and was supposed to work by noon. But, like a moth to a flame, I came here to see what was up, and realized then, that I needed to re-adjust my priority list, or I might end up missing out on what would be my 10th Coachella. I was lucky enough to secure our passes, but for the rest of the day I kept thinking to myself how it might have felt to not secure tickets...Couldn't even imagine after all these years!

That gif.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Thanks for giving us the opportunity to not give a fuck again.

Quote Originally Posted by Somewhat Damaged View Post
    Jason: sorry, but I can't help myself -- it's "license." Just the one 's'.
    embarrassing.

You obviously didn't learn English from the same place the person who programmed the spell-checker/ auto corrector on the word program at work did, Rick.
    Quote Originally Posted by HotHamWater View Post
    Nobody has ever given a single fuck about anything you've ever had to say.
    That was Daft Punk, you stupid retarded mongoloid mother fuckers.
    Win even thanked them again towards the end. Just because you trifling bitches weren't there ...

How ironic.

I love how Coachella Forum Whores instantly claim someone is trolling just because there is a difference of opinions.

Next year will be my 5th Coachella festival and I am entitled to my own god damn portapotty.
    Also, I hate waiting in line behind all the bros and n00bs. I deserve my own "Coachella Celebrity VIP Line" for the food stands. Fuck you assholes who come to their first coachella and dare stand in front of me in line.
    Every consecutive year I go to Coachella, I deserve 5 extra feet of camping space.
    Most importantly, The more experienced campers get better camping spots.
    Coachella Forum Celebrities should all get a free purple holy fuck tshirt.

Slimwang, I hope there is more to your life than just Coachella. Stop acting like you are more deserving than anyone else that wants to get tickets.

That's 7 "I's"
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Free VIP upgrade after 5 Coachellas!
    I likey

malcolmjamalaweful malcolmjama1awesome's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BROKENDOLL View Post
    You know, when I saw everybody trippin' on getting their Front Gate accounts all set and ready, their browsers finely tuned, and oiling up their refresh buttons so they could be all over this pre-sale at exactly 10 am, I figured I'd skip the "rush hour" phone traffic, and try to purchase later in the afternoon. In fact, I didn't even wakeup until almost 10:30 that morning, and was supposed to work by noon. But, like a moth to a flame, I came here to see what was up, and realized then, that I needed to re-adjust my priority list, or I might end up missing out on what would be my 10th Coachella. I was lucky enough to secure our passes, but for the rest of the day I kept thinking to myself how it might have felt to not secure tickets...Couldn't even imagine after all these years!
    so youre saying youre unemployed

Quote Originally Posted by Neighborhood Creep View Post
    Larry Farnsworth is the cause of why Coachella is ruined to certain people
    Frankly, Neighborhood Creep, I figured you'd know better.

I registered my wristband last year specifically because I thought there might be something coming later in the form of presale or some other loyalty program.

EDIT- And by last year, I mean like 6 weeks ago.
    The Tinychat password is coache11a

Quote Originally Posted by Shiloka View Post
    Share the art bus to enhance the festival... can be used as stage for band ...
    I can also come early and help set up ...
    How can you say no to this offer, Goldenvoice?

there should be absolutely no discrimination based on how many or what years you attended.
    100%

get tickets into the hands of loyal fans and only loyal fans I'd call that a success.
    if you read my post, I explain very clearly who gets access. People with registered wristbands from 2011, or next year 2011 and 2012.
    You will never ever ever have any say who gets a pass or when. Nice try.

1 says there should be "no discrimination based on how many or what years you attended."

2 says "get tickets into the hands of loyal fans and only loyal fans" "People with registered wristbands from 2011, or next year 2011 and 2012."

FAIL

Endearingly Dislikable RotationSlimWang's Avatar

The infrastructure doesn't exist to track any further back than 2012 in any accurate way, Goat. You're out of your depth.
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

what the fuck does that have to do with your hypocritical, contradicting posts?

If Goldenvoice gives tickets to any certain group it is discrimination. First come first serve. Don't get caught slipping. Pretty easy.

Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Farnsworth View Post
    Frankly, Neighborhood Creep, I figured you'd know better.
    I said certain people, not myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    kvnty offered me 2 fists for one companion parking pass