Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: An Open Letter To Paul Tollet

Default Re: An Open Letter To Paul Tollet

I'm sorry you don't get in for free. You should complain. Drop a few names.
    Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    well, for all intensive porpoises it is, will sell out within seconds tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by korbinn View Post
    It's jsut dawned on me that I'm overly confident and a extremely ocd perfectionist.
    Quote Originally Posted by kroqken View Post
    I don't give a flying fuck about the Kardashians, I doubt they know who Belle and Sebastian are.

Judgy McMarco TeamCoachellaHellYeah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by algunz View Post
    Speaking for the very few that have been with the festival since 1999 and have never missed a year, I do feel I am owed a little something. I have invested so much money and time, and it saddens me that the only thing that might keep me from going next year would be that getting tickets has become such a huge pain in the ass. I refuse to buy a pass from scalpers.
    Yeah, this is just nuts. I've been going since 2001 and almost missed 2011 if not for an Angel Investor of a boardie. But this really takes the cake. I had no cash to spend on Thursday because my pay day was today so this really hurt. I'll take my chances again come January but I don't like the odds if the pre sale a year before the festival sells out like this. Especially if they get a extra crowd friendly headliner. If it something like David Bowie or Led Zeppelin then anyone who doesn't have tickets is just fucked.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Reviewers who note the size of the crowd are dumb fucks.
    COACHELLA's: 2001. 2002. 2003. 2004. 2005. 2006. 2007. 2008. 2009. 2010. 2011. 2012. 2013. 2014. 2015.

Quote Originally Posted by sonofhal View Post
    You have no right to be critical of Coachella - JustSteve said so. He knows people. Has he mentioned that.

Also, stop moaning about the price. It upsets him. He gets in free.

Correction - not free - just free upgrades and bowie hand jobs.
    bowie actually pays to touch my cock, i'm nice and only charge him half the cost of my pass, i make up the rest.

Judgy McMarco TeamCoachellaHellYeah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    I agree with Gunz. Not about that I'm owed anything. I'm not. However, it would be cool if we were rewarded for the loyalty. Not a complaint, just would be a cool thing.
    I would just like a first crack at the tickets for the loyalty. I wouldn't demand anything else.
    Reviewers who note the size of the crowd are dumb fucks.
    COACHELLA's: 2001. 2002. 2003. 2004. 2005. 2006. 2007. 2008. 2009. 2010. 2011. 2012. 2013. 2014. 2015.

your years of knowing better should have you prepared with money in account and a computer online at 9:55.

You know better....there was plenty of warning. Like you stated...we all take care of each other. There is no way someone that wants to go will not go.
    Obviously some just like to complain...if it isn't the tickets, its the beer, the music, the guests, the weather, the art ...ect. Surprised Paul hasn't killed himself....if he really gave a shit about everyone crying all the time he would have blown his head off years ago.

I wouldn't say six days was necessarily plenty of time to be fully prepared to make the initial purchase. Some people just can't come up with money that quickly. Last year, it was a couple weeks later. Maybe he prepared for a similar date.

As for the letter, agreed that it would be great to reward those who helped keep the festival afloat during the bad times, but I get that they don't need to do this anymore. I will just always do my best to be prepared and roll with the punches as necessary.
    For your health

But Paul needs to pay attention to MMEEEEEE!!!!

Tell me more about the "purity" of coachella, randy.

Quote Originally Posted by Goatchella View Post
    You know better....there was plenty of warning. Like you stated...we all take care of each other. There is no way someone that wants to go will not go.
    Obviously some just like to complain...if it isn't the tickets, its the beer, the music, the guests, the weather, the art ...ect. Surprised Paul hasn't killed himself....if he really gave a shit about everyone crying all the time he would have blown his head off years ago.
    If you should ever think about starting your own business, don't.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

(this is before I read the letter)

edit: ok, they actually did have the ''microcommunity'' for 3 years where you could create a different account not attached to the message board. You could put information like what years you attended, who your favorite performances of each year were, and I think if I recall correctly, anyone you would like to see the following year. I always thought it was a way to sample survey the audience and see what was liked and what wasnt liked.

Didnt Paul T mention in a story once where he broke down some of the audience data and all that? Like ''20% of people attending wanted to see The Killers, while that same 20% wanted to see the Chemical Brothers'' or something to that effect. There has been an attempt at this, it never caught on.

All in all, they should go the way of Glastonbury, picture attached to the wristband and all that. Its in your name, you cannot transfer it no matter what. You will have the option to ''opt out'' at a certain point so it could be resold to somebody else, and thats it. This will probably have to be the next step taken to see how committed the audience is to attending the festival. I would also think that you only get a limited time to opt out of your ticket to get a refund, so lets say, a week after the line up is out you will have the option, and then those remaining tickets go onsale a couple weeks later. Glasto makes you opt out before there is even a line up, but they give you the headliners at least. I doubt GV would do that, though.
    Last edited by suprefan; 05-18-2012 at 10:46 AM.

Why is everyone acting like tickets are so difficult to get? Do we not remember how many extras were flooding just a few months ago?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Coyne
    People treat Arcade Fire like they're the greatest thing ever and they get away with it.

your years of knowing better should have you prepared with money in account and a computer online at 9:55.

I know someone who was in the waiting room yesterday at 9:55 and didn't get a pass. This person has only missed two Coachellas since 1999. It's getting to be like buying Super Bowl tickets where, no matter how much you prepare, you're likely going to have to buy a ticket on the secondary market unless you get lucky or know someone. At this rate, it will be there in two years. So, I get the sentiment behind the original post and I would be totally for it.
    10/8 - Little Dragon @ Marquee (Tempe, AZ)
    10/11 - Carolina Chocolate Drops @ Rialto Theater (Tucson, AZ)
    11/10 - The Black Keys @ US Airways Center (Phoenix, AZ)
    4/10/15 - 4/12/15 - Coachella

If you should ever think about starting your own business, don't.
    I you should ever think that your lame opinion will ever matter to me, don't.

It remains my opinion regardless. You think like a lackey.
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Quote Originally Posted by sbessiso View Post
    Why is everyone acting like tickets are so difficult to get? Do we not remember how many extras were flooding just a few months ago?
    Totally agree, but sometimes people are more paranoid about buying on the secondary market because there are no guarantees. If you get them through a friend then obviously that's different, but there can be a lot of stress in buying passes in the secondary market.

Quote Originally Posted by GuyInTucson View Post
    I know someone who was in the waiting room yesterday at 9:55 and didn't get a pass. This person has only missed two Coachellas since 1999. It's getting to be like buying Super Bowl tickets where, no matter how much you prepare, you're likely going to have to buy a ticket on the secondary market unless you get lucky or know someone. At this rate, it will be there in two years. So, I get the sentiment behind the original post and I would be totally for it.
    Im sure almost everyone here agrees with the sentiment. That does not mean it is realistic or fair. You know a lot of people. We are a pretty big fucking network ( genius and derp alike) This "problem" with tickets hold an answer. We need each other now. We need to help each other.

Quote Originally Posted by sbessiso View Post
    thank you....the panic has been extinguished with reason.

It remains my opinion regardless. You think like a lackey.
    Who cares how I think? you apparently. Sorry to let you down wise one. Ive told you countless times I am an uneducated simpleton. You can file that into your big cabinet and move on.

LUCK will get you tickets, luck will get your whiney voices heard. All the skill, education, experience, wisdom, money and loyalty in the world will not assure you a Coachella ticket. Can you just realize that you have no control or input in the matter? Stop fighting the universe. You will never win.

At this point, the only way you'll find out the truest level of loyalty to Coachella would be to hold it during the months of either July or August...
    Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

we don't need no water let the mother fucker burn....stop selling booze, remove the free water, book good music....

and all the retards will go away.

LUCK will get you tickets, luck will get your whiney voices heard. All the skill, education, experience, wisdom, money and loyalty in the world will not assure you a Coachella ticket. Can you just realize that you have no control or input in the matter? Stop fighting the universe. You will never win.
    "I am a great believer in luck. The harder I work the more of it I seem to have."

Hi this is Paul Tollet, Paulie T to my friends. Thanks so much for your valuable input and that novel you posted there. I'm totally going to read it, I swear. Right after I take a swim in my diamond encrusted pool all filled with gold coins, Scrooge McDuck style. Welp, bye.
    06, 08-14

Quote Originally Posted by Ravingmad View Post
    Hi this is Paul Tollet, Paulie T to my friends. Thanks so much for your valuable input and that novel you posted there. I'm totally going to read it, I swear. Right after I take a swim in my diamond encrusted pool all filled with gold coins, Scrooge McDuck style. Welp, bye.
    Because you know what you're talking about....

Not to play devil's advocate or anything, but if this person has only missed two fests ever and really wants to go, Lake Eldorado is still available. Though I realize GV is probably hoping they can get more people to buy that option.
    2004, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2012b, 2013a, 2014a

Totally agree, but sometimes people are more paranoid about buying on the secondary market because there are no guarantees. If you get them through a friend then obviously that's different, but there can be a lot of stress in buying passes in the secondary market.
    Personally I would not want to buy a ticket on the secondary mark since I am coming to Coachella from so far away. I mean I know people who have done it and no problems what so ever, but like you said there are no guarantees.

Because you know what you're talking about....
    Of course I do. I'm Paul Tollet, and we'll leave the light on for you.

Wait, no, that's Tom Bodett. Shit, I'm the wrong guy.
    06, 08-14

my whole crew bought tickets from craigslist...the wristbands are so advanced....you have to be an idiot to get scammed.

the only possible way is to buy a deactivated wristband that someone claimed they lost....even then they will usually send you to will call or somewhere to get a new wristband on site and your all good.

Who's Paul Toilet?

Loyal customers providing feedback isn't necessarily "whining" you fucking drooling ape.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Farnsworth View Post
    Who's Paul Toilet?
    He is to Coachella as Jesus is to Christians.

Quote Originally Posted by HotHamWater View Post
    Loyal customers providing feedback isn't necessarily "whining" you fucking drooling ape.
    I am going to panhandle on the street corner so we can come up with enough money so you can do Coachella AND venture off to a new fest.

Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Farnsworth View Post
    Who's Paul Toilet?
    Larry Farnsworth is the cause of why Coachella is ruined to certain people
    Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    When Foster the People played Pumped Up Kicks I freaked the fuck out because I thought that song was long gone