Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: An Open Letter To Paul Tollet

Endearingly Dislikable RotationSlimWang's Avatar

Default Re: An Open Letter To Paul Tollet

If the passes were all registered as they were sold I don't see why Goldenvoice couldn't use something like Ticketmaster's system where you can resell a ticket to a show you bought except it's all verified by their system so you know you're not getting ripped off. But in TM's case it's like an ebay auction, whereas Coachella could just let you put your wristband's ID back into the system available for purchase anew at face value from GV and when it's sold just deactivate your wristband and refund you your ticket costs minus all the fees and whatever a fair fee is for "restocking" so to speak. You get a guaranteed ticket but if you can't go you can only get half your money back. I'd do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

Not getting into it with you here, man. You keep going if you really want, I'll let you babble without comment from here on... in this thread.
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

I endorse this idea in theory.

I also endorse seeing where Randy v. Goatchella goes.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    To you guys I say Wat?????????? Off to ?????? ....... cr****
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    It's hard to argue with that.

Well written and I support.

Also, Goatchella, as much as I sort of enjoy him, would be completely outwitted.

Also, hoping someone sends this in a message to Paul's facebook ( I would but I'm at work-no Zuckerberg here).
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

What do you mean, tl,dr? That fine example of reading material had me on the end of my office chair wondering whether or not you would be unleashing your typical cache' of rude and vile insults as each paragraph would unfold. (The suspense.) I was literally glued to my seat thinking that the post would take a surprise turn with you informing Paul that this was your message board! (The anticipation.) But, lo n' behold, (The awe.) your writing style exposed a concerned and compassionate side of you that gave this piece an almost "Happily Ever After" ending... Almost.... Will there perhaps be a sequel coming out around lineup time? I can't hardly wait!
    Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

I don't think it requires facebooking him. He reads the boards, I imagine he'll definitely be checking in today to gauge reactions to yesterday's surprising events.

Eh. Probably right.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    Also, and this probably isn't cost feasible yet but in a year or two might very well be: how bout if the turnstiles where you have to scan on your way into the fest could display the name registered to that wristband to further cut down on scalping/people sneaking in by all sharing the same wristbands like the people who were camping next to us this year? Perhaps even a Glasto-style system where you get a picture ID in your wristband gift box that you have to flash as you go through so that the security staff could check your name against the name showing on the turnstile display?
    I agree with this, although it does seem a bit 1984-ish.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

Is Coachella broke? not financially but functionally? No! So why fix it?

Now if you have frequent flyer miles type thing...and he was tracking how many hours you put into this festival over the course of the last 12 + years, maybe he could have kept track of who has paid dues. He hasn't. You are not any more special than the next guy in line, whether he chooses to buy tickets for his child, to see one band and leave, to sell them for more ect.

In our economy, our consumer driven, money talks world...it is just that. Money talks. Coachella did not expand and blow up on good vibes and support from returning attendees. Coachella blew up because newbs with no clue and a handful of cash wanted to experience what Coachella was all about. Why should anyone cater to you? You really think the tap tap, claimed it, I was here first shit applies anywhere, ever? If that was the case, the natives of the land would be scalping your dumb asses and be dancing around a fire and banging a drum.

Money talks. The examples are everywhere around you. Goldenvoice is not the 1%. Rallying and occupying (annoying) this website will not change any of those facts. Revolution is def in order...but not to change Coachella Music Festival. Something else. It is already happening. There are other avenues.

I understand your frustration. I agree that things have changed for the worse, all over. There are too many mouths, too many eyes and ears. Paul cannot make everyone happy. You cannot always get your way. Its hard, but deal with it.

It's got to be killing you to remain subdued and mature while refraining from going off on Goat, isn't it? I bet that little Wit stick of yours is quivering as it anticipates it's next verbal assault...
    Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

Quote Originally Posted by Somewhat Damaged View Post
    Only problem with this is it would make it so somebody who had to sell their ticket for a legitimate reason -- say a military person gets deployed out of country, or someone breaks their leg a couple weeks before the fest -- would basically be unable to do so.

Support your idea all the same, obviously, and appreciate that you're proposing ideas like the above that could help to further eliminate the specter of scalping.
    If I'm not mistaken (which I may be) at Glasto if you can't go you basically forfeit the tickets back to Glasto and can't sell them on the open market. I realize a short time window (such as a broken leg right before the fest) may be a challenge, but that's the risk. No different if you dropped money for a vacation and you suddenly had to cancel, losing deposits etc.
    northside groove...southside groove....eastside groove...westside groove

Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miroir Noir View Post

I also endorse seeing where Randy v. Goatchella goes.
    Award worthy potential
    Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    When Foster the People played Pumped Up Kicks I freaked the fuck out because I thought that song was long gone

Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    I don't think it requires facebooking him. He reads the boards, I imagine he'll definitely be checking in today to gauge reactions to yesterday's surprising events.
    was just going to say, it will get to him just fine via this channel. the guys at the top know what's going on and what is being said, i just really hate that they have to waste their time reading all the shit that is posted by the whiners on this board and facebook that have no clue how the business is run or who the people are behind it. i take it personally at times since i have a personal relationship with some there and know how great they are.
    Last edited by JustSteve; 05-18-2012 at 09:16 AM.

I don't have any beef with anyone here...i don't even know who passive theory is, or why everyone makes fun of him...really, I don't give a shit. I goof around a lot, I know that. I am being serious here. This whole request and idea is a fucking pipe dream. It is just not real and would never work out.

This is not Korea. Goldenvoice needs to cater to the people. All of the boards OG, elite are a small fraction of "the people". If your such an old school badass, you'd have a place in the festival like Danny or Mike...doing something, contributing and putting in hours that matter. The amount of hours you put in drinking beer and watching bands at chella and/or bullshitting here about music and other things does not make you an asset or someone that deserves anything.

If you want to change things or assure your position, devote some time and energy into Coachella. Use all the hours you ramble and degrade morons here to instead better the festival. Everyone is talking and no one is doing.

let it go.

Excellent letter. I disagree though. Stop this gimmie gimmie and make it happen. Didnt get my tickets. Not worried. I'll be there.

you guys need a cup of chamomile tea. its good for you

Quote Originally Posted by Goatchella View Post
    Is Coachella broke? not financially but functionally? No! So why fix it?

Now if you have frequent flyer miles type thing...and he was tracking how many hours you put into this festival over the course of the last 12 + years, maybe he could have kept track of who has paid dues. He hasn't. You are not any more special than the next guy in line, whether he chooses to buy tickets for his child, to see one band and leave, to sell them for more ect.

In our economy, our consumer driven, money talks world...it is just that. Money talks. Coachella did not expand and blow up on good vibes and support from returning attendees. Coachella blew up because newbs with no clue and a handful of cash wanted to experience what Coachella was all about. Why should anyone cater to you? You really think the tap tap, claimed it, I was here first shit applies anywhere, ever? If that was the case, the natives of the land would be scalping your dumb asses and be dancing around a fire and banging a drum.

Money talks. The examples are everywhere around you. Goldenvoice is not the 1%. Rallying and occupying (annoying) this website will not change any of those facts. Revolution is def in order...but not to change Coachella Music Festival. Something else. It is already happening. There are other avenues.

I understand your frustration. I agree that things have changed for the worse, all over. There are too many mouths, too many eyes and ears. Paul cannot make everyone happy. You cannot always get your way. Its hard, but deal with it.
    Madonna started it!

The fact that Paul and GV DO listen to what we say on the board and try to fix things, speaks VOLUMES to me as a consumer, and I want to remain a loyal Coachellian as a result.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

You can't always get what you want

But if you write a letter to paul you just might find...

You get what you need

;p

Quote Originally Posted by NachoCat View Post
    Excellent letter. I disagree though. Stop this gimmie gimmie and make it happen. Didnt get my tickets. Not worried. I'll be there.
    exactly the way it is

Quote Originally Posted by pinkandbrown View Post
    you guys need a cup of chamomile tea. its good for you
    Id love that...sounds good.

The fact that Paul and GV DO listen to what we say on the board and try to fix things, speaks VOLUMES to me as a consumer, and I want to remain a loyal Coachellian as a result.
    It's not a matter of listening but more a matter of what he is hearing having any kind of influence at all. I don't doubt that every concern is taken with a grain of salt. The idea that anyone here is being heard more because they have been going for longer seems out of whack. I know you would like to think that you are someone special and get some kind of reward for years and years of attending Coachella.

you have been rewarded. Every year. You buy the ticket and you have a good time. Thats the only agreement. He has delivered. You are being greedy and will always want more.

thestripe

I agree. Well done, Randy.

words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words,
    "Well, that's just like, you know... your opinion, man"

Speaking for the very few that have been with the festival since 1999 and have never missed a year, I do feel I am owed a little something. I have invested so much money and time, and it saddens me that the only thing that might keep me from going next year would be that getting tickets has become such a huge pain in the ass. I refuse to buy a pass from scalpers.

You have no right to be critical of Coachella - JustSteve said so. He knows people. Has he mentioned that.

Also, stop moaning about the price. It upsets him. He gets in free.

Correction - not free - just free upgrades and bowie hand jobs.
    Last edited by sonofhal; 05-18-2012 at 09:48 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    well, for all intensive porpoises it is, will sell out within seconds tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by korbinn View Post
    It's jsut dawned on me that I'm overly confident and a extremely ocd perfectionist.
    Quote Originally Posted by kroqken View Post
    I don't give a flying fuck about the Kardashians, I doubt they know who Belle and Sebastian are.

I agree with Gunz. Not about that I'm owed anything. I'm not. However, it would be cool if we were rewarded for the loyalty. Not a complaint, just would be a cool thing.

you aren't a dummy...you will get tickets.

I will give them to you if you can't find them. All you vets are too smart and too seasoned to be worried. You should just KNOW>.

So when April comes along...lemme know if anyone needs help. Including Randy. Ill help you without thinking twice. The good energy and love here on these boards will never be smothered by newbs or ticket sales. You are all respected by the youngsters like me. Your help and your years of experience have taught all of us and we will pay it forward. Paul is busy.
    We have each other and thats all we need.

and guns you can share my sleeping bag if ya want

Quote Originally Posted by sonofhal View Post
    You have no right to be critical of Coachella - JustSteve said so. He knows people. Has he mentioned that.

Also, stop moaning about the price. It upsets him. He gets in free.
    so if people talk shit about your friends it doesn't upset you? you don't defend them? i am not allowed to offer an opinion about things and let people know that i am coming from the side of someone who has a relationship with the people who are being talked shit on? i am perfectly content to correct someone who says they are only in it for the money, they don't care about the fans, etc. why can't i use the fact that i know someone to help in my point?

being critical is fine. being critical with no idea about things and bitching just to bitch is not, which is what i was commenting on. and yes, bitching about paying an extra $13/$29 is fucking ridiculous. do people bitch to the gas station attendant every time gas goes up? a manager at a grocery store when the price of milk increases?

i do not get in for free.
    Last edited by JustSteve; 05-18-2012 at 09:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    I agree with Gunz. Not about that I'm owed anything. I'm not. However, it would be cool if we were rewarded for the loyalty. Not a complaint, just would be a cool thing.
    Yea, owed might have been a bit over the top.
    Last edited by algunz; 05-18-2012 at 09:46 AM.

im more sad that burning man tickets are sold out
    Last edited by pinkandbrown; 05-18-2012 at 09:45 AM.