Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 5/17/2012 The Day Coachella Died.

Default Re: 5/17/2012 The Day Coachella Died.

I can't understand why some people give a shit about what kind of crowd goes to the festival. Unless its impeding my ability to hear or see the show, I couldn't give two fucks about who else is around me.
    06,11,12,13,14(1+2)

Quote Originally Posted by PlayaDelWes View Post
    I'm pretty sure the official death will be December 21, 2012.
    Truth. The end is near.
    "It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge"

Quote Originally Posted by Shaxspear View Post
    I can't understand why some people give a shit about what kind of crowd goes to the festival. Unless its impeding my ability to hear or see the show, I couldn't give two fucks about who else is around me.

The only kinds of people I dont like to see a lot of at Coachella are really really tall people.

As long as they know when to shut up and watch the show.

Lol no matter what, all seem to agree that Sahara is just atrocious.
    Well, I am here to say it's not. It has good energy, fun crowd, and I don't judge anyone's taste in music (just mine) so I manage to have fun in there while I'm there.

On another note, yes this thread's theme has been dead horse beaten.
    2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012: II, 2013: I, 2014: I

Quote Originally Posted by kneuller View Post
    The only kinds of people I dont like to see a lot of at Coachella are really really tall people.
    That's why it is better to have more Mexican and Latin bands... the more Mexicans in the crowd, the better the view.
    OutKast-TheKnife-Replacements-theGlitchMob-JagwarMa-Shlohmo-MSMR-AntiFlag-CaravanPalace-GabbaGabbaHeys-EllieGoulding-NekoC-AFI-Bonobo-theCult-Bastille

QOTSA-Lorde-PetShopBoys-MGMT-EmpireOfTheSun-CageTheElephant-Chvrches-CapitalCities-Temples-Naked&Famous-Mogwai-HolyGhost-WhiteLies-theInternet-LauraMvula-

ArcadeFire-Beck-NMH-Disclosure-LanaDelRey-Motörhead-LittleDragon-ToyDolls-1975-Krewella-Fishbone-TromboneShorty-ArtDept-Bombino-BadManners-SurferBlood-BoNingen-JRoddy-FactoyFloor

Or Peruvian bands because I've always found them to be on the short side so you are guaranteed a clear view from in front of the sound board (which is where you should be in the first place).

Coachella is the best thing in the whole wide world.
    I've been to every one since St. Germain and I don't even care who they book next year because Paul ALWAYS surprises.

See you at LiB?

malcolmjamalaweful malcolmjama1awesome's Avatar

WOAH DUDE I JUST

RAVED MY DICK OFF

TO THIS THREAD

I thought you left?

malcolmjamalaweful malcolmjama1awesome's Avatar

Holy dick detachment guys i am raving my dick off to this

I have a suspicious feeling that mja's imposter is sonicc

Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WhatLies View Post
    I have a suspicious feeling that mja's imposter is sonicc
    it's Nick o
    April 22 - Thee Silver Mt. Zion Memorial
    April 24 - Godflesh
    April 26 - Cloud Nothings
    May 1 - Ghost
    May 2-4 - Austin Psych Fest
    May 23 - Saint Vitus
    May 27 - Fu Manchu
    June 6-8 - X Games Concerts
    June 12-14 - Sónar Barcelona
    June 27 - Deafheaven
    June 29 - Swans

Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    Muse might as well named themselves the Pablo Honeys.

Quote Originally Posted by paulb View Post
    I think lineups aren't the problem, its the size of crowd that are now attending blindly, and using Coachella as a place to strictly party and be seen. For me it was about discovering great music I would have otherwise potentially never seen.
    sounds like you should have been going to SXSW this whole time

11/21 - Pearl Jam - Viejas Arena

Quote Originally Posted by heart cooks brain View Post
    it's pretty unique, as far as i can tell.
    Not really. Go over to the Bonnaroo board sometime and listen to people bemoaning the death of Bonnaroo because there are too many indie/hip-hop/mainstream/whatever acts. There is a decent sized contingent who are legitimately upset that Bonnaroo is no longer solely the province of dreadlocked white guys and girls who look pregnant but aren't, and dislike that they aren't all just grooving out to String Cheese Incident.

Quote Originally Posted by cman1098 View Post
    2010 was not bad at all. Last year was terrible. So many people and one big clusterfuck. 2010 was smooth and easy. I chose not to buy a ticket on lay away like I did the last two years. I feel a cash in is coming.

signed.
    I think you're confused. 2011 was the first year of the expanded festival grounds. 2010 was the year where 30,000 people snuck in according to Paul Tollett.
    Quote Originally Posted by HotHamWater View Post
    Nobody has ever given a single fuck about anything you've ever had to say.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Erik or Dani: Can we change Spooks' member title to "Stupid Pigfucker"? thanks.

Coachella Junkie malcolmjamalawesome's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    it's Nick o
    I don't think so. At the beginning there was a glimpse of potential that I think forecloses nick o as an option.
    Quote Originally Posted by ruetheday View Post
    I don't fucking care. I don't even know who the hell Dave Wang is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devin the Dude View Post
    you used to be that guy that just Dave Wang's everybody. that guy. he's gone now, and whoever you really are showed up, and that was utter disappointment.

Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    I don't think so. At the beginning there was a glimpse of potential that I think forecloses nick o as an option.
    Who are the other potential candidates? I thought it was Nick o too.

who the hell is Nick o?
    Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    HAY CAN SOMEONE DRIVE DOWN TO THE FESTIVAL GROUNDS AND SEE IF THE BEER BARN IS REALLY A BARN?

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Farnsworth View Post
    girls who look pregnant but aren't
    This is great. I'm going to use this.
    HAY CAN SOMEONE DRIVE DOWN TO THE FESTIVAL GROUNDS AND SEE IF THE BEER BARN IS REALLY A BARN?

who the hell is Nick o?
    Somebody who was legitimately excited for Swedish House Mafia and thinks people in their early 30's are "old". I believe he was deactivated.

Quote Originally Posted by GuyInTucson View Post
    Somebody who was legitimately excited for Swedish House Mafia and thinks people in their early 30's are "old". I believe he was deactivated.
    I thought Nick o was the guy who works for the promoter that put on the High Contrast show in SF, and was talking down to everyone and calling them elitists or something for saying that the show wasn't put together very well. Then we torched him in the EDC thread, and haven't heard from him since.

I thought Nick o was the guy who works for the promoter that put on the High Contrast show in SF, and was talking down to everyone and calling them elitists or something for saying that the show wasn't put together very well. Then we torched him in the EDC thread, and haven't heard from him since.
    Haha! Yeah... that was him. I linked that High Contrast thread to someone who helps run that production company. I wonder if Nick O still hands out fliers for them.

This is great. I'm going to use this.
    Keep preaching the word.

Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyInTucson View Post
    Who are the other potential candidates? I thought it was Nick o too.
    It's Gorillex.
    Quote Originally Posted by miscorrections View Post
    I think the safest course is to assume everyone is a fucking nightmare and proceed from there.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.

Who the hell is Gorillex?

MJA, why do so many people I've never heard of hate you so?

A previous troll.
    Quote Originally Posted by miscorrections View Post
    I think the safest course is to assume everyone is a fucking nightmare and proceed from there.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.

Same guy.

Oh wait, that's your point.

Atop Zardoz, wagging my pickle everywhere

Can we just skip to the end and give Mr Farnsworth the Best New Boardie award for 2012 now?
    "All of you coachella 'regulars' have nasty boy pussies and itchy dick4's on your asses.
    Why don't you all make like a tree and get chopped down and die. You all have been dreadfully mean to me.
    I Hate you. All of you. None of you will ever get to see a womans chest meat or finger blast hott cougies like me.
    Fuck you all. Consider this my resignation.
    Fair the well, you elitest scumbags."

— Faxman75, who has clearly had enough

Having gone from 04-12 and camping every year, I have seen many different phases of Coachella. We, the folks who grew up in the 90s were spoiled rotten with the most amazing musicians who survived past the mediocrity that dominated the air waves such as All 4 One and Smash Mouth. GV gave us acts that were amazing. The crowd was filled with fellow music fanatics who wanted to hear the next great bootleg everyone would be listening to for the next few years, and the bands delivered these amazing sets also (Pixies/Radiohead04/DP06etc).

Everyone told their friends and their mamas to come after each year, unfortunately this brought some of the wrong crowd to fields. Folks who appreciate a catchy single, but immediately leave after that single is played. This pattern increased more and more over the last 4 years, now we have folks who go to Coachella to "find dat pussy" and yell stupid shit during sets, stand and occupy a dance space, stepping within an inch from your face and posting up for a show, but never dancing, just getting in the fucking way. This past year, walking around with my younger sister, I couldn't have imagined the number of rapey creeps the women have the deal with before. On Saturday, some douche was just talking mad shit to every person just to get a reaction. When he did get one, he became a defensive twerp, hoping his friends will back him up? After he knowingly has provoked a few individuals for no reason? Does anyone really like people who act like that?

Basically: There is no fucking consideration for your fellow human beings. Over half of the conversations initiated by strangers are this: "Do you have any drugs for sale?"

My experience for another gathering from this past weekend completely blew my last 3 years of Coachella out of the water. I've also grown a little bit out of the "need to be up front to rage" mindset. Instead, I love meeting the people at the shows and making new connections, sharing some magic with these folks, not trying to size their wallet up and how much one could profit. A friendship is worth far more than $10-$15 profit and a potential felony. Plus most of them know how to handle their entheogens and are still able to interact with people around them compared to the drug noobs at Chella...

If a friend in the biz gets me a free ticket or Daft Punk is playing their first new show, I'll go. I could have probably gotten a weekend 2 ticket if I wasn't so stubborn for weekend 1 and trying to buy my ticket while in transit to an amazing gathering last Thursday morning.

Coachella has changed for sure, but you can't expect a festival to produce something better than the year before every single year. There has to be a downfall, and maybe that is what it will take for Coachella to regain its steam again. Best case scenario for all of us: Mainstream music gets better, because that is what Coachella is really reaching for right now.

For those of you who can't read a few paragraphs cuz "tldr":

"Coachella is OVER "

I went to coachella once and would never go back. Nothing remarkable or special about the place, those of you that disagree need to open your eyes and travel.
    "How long will this last, this delicious feeling of being alive, of having penetrated the veil which hides beauty and the wonders of celestial vistas? It doesn't matter, as there can be nothing but gratitude for even a glimpse of what exists for those who can become open to it."