Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Safari Tents 2013

Default Re: Safari Tents 2013

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    No. It gets very cool at night in the desert and if you have it on at night it's freezing. You wear warm clothes to bed. The sun is up around 7 and the AC goes back on.
    ummm, when it's 107 during the day, it does not get "very cool" at night.

Quote Originally Posted by Buddha99 View Post
    If a Safari tent with 4 people is over $9k, the yurt is going to be a bigger hit than $12k... My wife inquired last year and I think it was in the $15-20K range and included meals...
    My $12K guess was based on 2 people - a 5K bump on safari

15-20K -damn, that would need to be some special meals......

Even if four people went in together on one of these tents, that sounds miserably crowded, especially at night and during the multi-day costume changes and make-up touch-ups.

You could go VIP at a four-star resort with shuttle pass for $1,000/person less than the per person cost of Safari.

And I could get two high-class hookers and few 8balls for them sheckles.
    Quote Originally Posted by fakekvnty View Post
    All you ladybois want inside this pink slip
    You bitchez will all CUM-ba-ya when y'all see my pee-shooter.
    "I'm a thief and a shitkicker, and I wanna be famous."
    - D. Davenport

Quote Originally Posted by crazzz2007 View Post
    Yes it does. It's cool enough that you freeze your ass off if the AC stays on in your tent. And after being bloody hot all day it's a shock to the system so you feel colder, a lot more than you'd expect. I wore a toque to bed every night.
    Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    It's all riding on this. You've got big dreams to ride to the top of the Flash Mob world. Well internet fame costs. And right now is when you start paying for it...in sweat.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    hey. get your own colonoscopy thread, bitch.

Anyone who camps knows that it is cool at night. WTF crazz?
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

Christ almighty. We're going to Spain for TWO WEEKS and not spending $9,000. You people need to learn better money management (particularly those that don't have the disposable income to spend on shit like this..none of you are Kanye.)
    Last edited by captncrzy; 05-15-2014 at 07:41 AM.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

Quote Originally Posted by crazzz2007 View Post
    Sure. It is often in 101- 104 range during the day then low 50's at night.

Some of us have mortgages and cars paid off and have enough left over to party safari
    Papi Piratón!

I understand that, but (speaking as a former financial counselor) it's still not the smartest way to spend your disposable income, unless all of your income is disposable. Seriously, think about what you can do with $9,000. That's college tuition for your kid for A YEAR at some schools.
    Last edited by captncrzy; 05-15-2014 at 08:02 AM.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

One of the benefits of having no kids is that their college fund becomes your fun fund. That being said, I'm not sure I'm willing to part with that kind of cash. The lineup will need to be pretty stellar to consider it.
    Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    It's all riding on this. You've got big dreams to ride to the top of the Flash Mob world. Well internet fame costs. And right now is when you start paying for it...in sweat.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    hey. get your own colonoscopy thread, bitch.

I would never argue with you capt, knowing I'll get my ass handed to me easily...All your points are spot on and yeah safari isn't for everyone to be disposing a huge percentage of their income on, for me personally it's a bucket list thing...my plans are not to be wasting serious money on it every year
    Papi Piratón!

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    Christ almighty. We're going to Spain for TWO WEEKS and not spending $9,000. You people need to learn better money management (particularly those that don't have the disposable income to spend on shit like this..none of you are Kanye.)
    I did 3 months of backpacking through Europe for around $10,000. And that was comfortable backpacking with good food and hotels at times. Would never drop that much for a 3-4 day music fest.
    Last edited by JustSteve; 05-15-2014 at 08:50 AM.

I should probably go to Glastonbury instead and do some sightseeing in the British Isles.

Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    I did 3 months of backpacking through Europe for around $10,000. And that was comfortable backpacking with good food and hotels at times. Would never drop that much for a 3-4 day music fest.
    And if you did a trip to the Galapagos, you could easily drop $20k for a family of four (I think the National Geographic tour is closer to $30k.)

Different adventures have different costs.

I would never drop a dime on a cruise of any kind - but I don't give a shit if someone else puts money on it. If the Safari tents don't sell this year, then Golden Voice knows they have priced them out of market.

You pay your (incredibly expensive) ticket, and you take your ride...
    Last edited by Buddha99; 05-15-2014 at 09:36 AM.

^ muah
    - D. Davenport

These prices just seem targeted to people that don't really care about spending that kind of money at all. I have a client that went to a mediterranean cruise for a week then spent 2 weeks visiting a few places in Europe. He spent $150k for his family of 4. He still thinks the Safari tents are overpriced.
    OutKast-TheKnife-Replacements-theGlitchMob-JagwarMa-Shlohmo-MSMR-AntiFlag-CaravanPalace-GabbaGabbaHeys-EllieGoulding-NekoC-AFI-Bonobo-theCult-Bastille

QOTSA-Lorde-PetShopBoys-MGMT-EmpireOfTheSun-CageTheElephant-Chvrches-CapitalCities-Temples-Naked&Famous-Mogwai-HolyGhost-WhiteLies-theInternet-LauraMvula-

ArcadeFire-Beck-NMH-Disclosure-LanaDelRey-Motörhead-LittleDragon-ToyDolls-1975-Krewella-Fishbone-TromboneShorty-ArtDept-Bombino-BadManners-SurferBlood-BoNingen-JRoddy-FactoyFloor

It's all perspective really.
    Quote Originally Posted by PotVsKtl View Post
    The middle class needs sick beats.

I agree its expensive, but aren't we all entitled to spend our own money however we see fit?

I work my ass off all year round for my money, I save hard and therefore I reserve the right to choose how I spend it... I think the same applies to all of us.

We travel over from Ireland just for this and having added up the bills from my previous trips to Coachella, Safari really isn't that much more than I have previously spent on 2 x VIP passes plus a decent hotel IF (and I say if) you split it between four people.

Its all about experiences for me and this might be the last coachella I get to for a long time due to young kids and other commitments, its also my wifes 40th - therefore I want to make it a different experience to previous trips and make sure that we both have great memories to look back on.

u hung, bro?
    - D. Davenport

Quote Originally Posted by kvnty View Post
    u hung, bro?

Quote Originally Posted by Bud Luster View Post
    It's all perspective really.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    I wore a toque to bed every night.
    Wow, I'll have to try that!
    For all intensive porpoises presale finally sold out

I'm on a tightrope baby, nine miles high.

I understand that, but (speaking as a former financial counselor) it's still not the smartest way to spend your disposable income, unless all of your income is disposable. Seriously, think about what you can do with $9,000. That's college tuition for your kid for A YEAR at some schools.
    I bet you're a right barrell of laughs on a night out. Stick your cash in a pension and watch it disappear y'all.

First year in safari this year. It was absolutely worth it. Why? because it was brilliant.
    Those that need an explanation don't understand.
    Dede' Arneaux
    Come a long long, come a long long way

I just checked the Valley Music Travel site -- price went up to $7,000 for a Safari tent for 2 from $6,500 last year. Each additional guest is now $1,750 versus $1,500 last year. And yeah -- no layaway -- gotta pay to play. http://www.valleymusictravel.com/coa...safari2015.php

We had a blast in Safari this year -- like Dede' says, "it was brilliant." Worth doing at least once if you can swing the green. We didn't buy our package until December 2013, and I'm sure they were nowhere near sold out at the time. With the price increase, Safari will probably be available well after the lineup drops.

Regarding the yurts, we asked the Safari concierge and they said the yurts went for $15,000. I saw only one of them in use (the farthest away) during W1.

An extra $500 is not going to deter someone already used to paying $6500.

Quote Originally Posted by Dede' Arneaux View Post
    I bet you're a right barrell of laughs on a night out. Stick your cash in a pension and watch it disappear y'all.

First year in safari this year. It was absolutely worth it. Why? because it was brilliant.
    Those that need an explanation don't understand.
    I'm hilarious and super fun, and I don't need to spend money like a $30k-millionaire pretentious douchebag to prove it. Unlike you, apparently.
    Last edited by captncrzy; 05-15-2014 at 06:47 PM.

Hey Amy, fuck it. Spend seven month's rent on a four day vacation even though everyone knows you can't afford to. It's the only way to have a BRILLIANT time.
    Last edited by captncrzy; 05-15-2014 at 06:48 PM.

You either have the money and it's no sweat to spend it, or you don't. It does not make someone a pretentious douchebag if they do have the scratch. No one said it's the only way to have a brilliant time. I for one am going to give it a shot. If any of my Coachella going friends want to split a Safari tent, it won't be a problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by PotVsKtl View Post
    The middle class needs sick beats.

Do whatever you want with your money. I don't give a shit. It doesn't mean it's not fucking stupid to spend $7k on a tent with air conditioning and side stages passes so you can pretend to be a Kardashian for three days...even if you have the money to do it.

Although if it included a maid, free alcohol and food, a private bathroom and a private kiddie pool, I'd consider it.
    Last edited by captncrzy; 05-16-2014 at 06:22 AM.

The yurt is too pricey then. I never did get a response from Valley Music Travel.

I'm on a tightrope baby, nine miles high.

I'm hilarious and super fun, and I don't need to spend money like a $30k-millionaire pretentious douchebag to prove it. Unlike you, apparently.
    It's about the music knobhead, not the money,
    It's about the music and enjoyment, not where you stayed.
    I hope you enjoyed it his year. I did, even better than the real thing, even better than the last 5 years. I don't care where you stayed, I'm glad if you also enjoyed the best music festival on earth.
    Are you going to slate me for travelling 7000 miles every April for the last 6 years and using valuable time too? Time, cost, quality - it balances for me. Give yourself a shake.

Prove myself - ha my arse
    28ivonl.jpg
    Dede' Arneaux
    Come a long long, come a long long way