Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Reasons Front Gate Tickets is a complete JOKE

Default Re: Reasons Front Gate Tickets is a complete JOKE

Quote Originally Posted by euphonicfiend View Post
    Well I must have gotten super lucky. I had one window open, I was on at 10am - Had ticket and camping by 10:30am. Just seems with that the odds would be against me with everyone having multiple windows open vs my lonely one window.
    The universe blesses those who require blessing.

Quote Originally Posted by Goatchella View Post
    The universe blesses those who require blessing.
    The universe does not do shit. Except for infinitely expand in infinite directions.

It was random except the part where people who got in once could refresh and get right back in.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Bater View Post
    The universe does not do shit. Except for infinitely expand in infinite directions.
    hahahhaha oh Darth...you must not believe in the force either.

Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    It was random except the part where people who got in once could refresh and get right back in.
    ...and the people in standby first had a better chance than those after them.
    Quote Originally Posted by dj12inches View Post
    What makes me qualified? I've watched EVERY fucking episode of American Idol, and every single episode of The Voice...Forget that I won departmental music awards when I was in the 8th grade choir.

hahahhaha oh Darth...you must not believe in the force either.
    "...No mystical energy field controls my destiny. It's all a lot of simple tricks and nonsense."

I had one window open as well, on at 10am, ticket purchased by 10:10.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

yes..it was pretty easy. The ticket system works great if you are on top of things.

That being said, we def need to freak out, try to change things, blame some one or some thing and trash anyone who disagrees.

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    I had a window open at 9:58 and I didn't get in until after 11:10. Doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to how people were "selected" from the stand-by room. However, as long as you got in when it still said your chances were "looking good" and you didn't close or refresh the window, then I am pretty sure you were able to eventually get a pass.
    7/21 - !!! @ Club Congress (Tucson, AZ)
    8/23 - Galactic @ Rialto Theater (Tucson, AZ)
    8/25 - Future Islands @ 191 Toole (Tucson, AZ)
    10/11 - Carolina Chocolate Drops @ Rialto Theater (Tucson, AZ)
    11/10 - The Black Keys @ US Airways Center (Phoenix, AZ)
    4/10/15 - 4/12/15 - Coachella

yes..it was pretty easy. The ticket system works great if you are on top of things.
    Not sure how you can conclude that this is true. The data (such as it is, just a bunch of anecdotes on here) seems to suggest it's a mixed bag which means there's room for improvement. It worked great for me and others; it didn't work great for some other people though. I'm not ready to conclude that the people it didn't work for weren't "on top of things".
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

I had 2 computers - I got both weekends by 10:55 am. That includes making a mistake in ordering and having to get through 3 times. I did a lot of work while watching the screen from the corner of my eye.

Quote Originally Posted by Archie Bunker View Post
    I almost didn't get tickets because their entire system is so flawed.
    How does one "almost" not get tickets? You either got them. Or you didn't. There is no in between. Black/White. Front Gate was fine this year. Not perfect. But ok.
    Last edited by sonnyboy11; 05-21-2012 at 07:39 PM.
    Steve Winwood| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| Echo and the Bunnymen| Echo and the Bunnymen| Paul McCartney| Foxygen| FYF Fest| NIN/Soundgarden|
    Elvis Costello| Swans| Buzzcocks| King Crimson| Elton John| Kasabian| Massive Attack| Massive Attack| Slowdive| Fleetwood Mac| A Winged Victory for the Sullen

I'd almost be willing to bet they had a far lesser cap on tickets for presale this year than last. Keeping in mind it took me nearly FOUR HOURS of dealing with the waiting room crap last year. Tickets were "gone" in less than 4 hours this year.

Count on a price increase for general sale, really no other reason to cut off sales.
    2004, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2012b, 2013a, 2014a

i got weekend 1 tickets last year around the 3rd day of presale. i checked back towards the "end of the week" and discovered the weekend 1 were sold out at which point i checked weekend 2 and still there were some available.
    i had a crazy busy thursday morning when my nephew texted 'got em' after waiting room screen for about an hour, at which point i figured i'd see what i could get. i had only one browser open @ 11 and opened a second around 11:15 for weekend 2 after i got the notice "weekend 1 will surely sell out so check weekend 2" notice. after waiting about 40 minutes, i got weekend 1. i followed up to purchase weekend 2 which opened about 5 minutes into weekend 1 purchase because i need 4 tickets to bring my kids again. hoping for a trade next year to do so. tried to get back on to get more but was blocked. i was glad to use frontgate as ticketmaster still doesn't sit well with me since pj's attempted revolt.
    that said, i remember years ago - maybe 2004 or5, getting presale discount before lineup was announced through dukatking or some promoter. since it hasn't happened since, i have usually bought presale at least one pair straight out, but this year opted to split: weekend 1 - purchased and 2 is on layaway. i've always thought the layaway was ingenious, but now can't stop thinking what a bummer it will be in 2014 to be in a lottery.
    my llth cchella was this year and my kids are now just getting into it... praying for loyalty perks (: paz and <3 to all, all ways and always1.
    Last edited by carolinesgood; 05-21-2012 at 09:28 PM. Reason: incomplete

Quote Originally Posted by LiquidL View Post
    They may filter by IP address so opening multiple browsers won't do anything since they would all show the same IP address.
    /techtalk
    Sure.

But I was doing this from work and had browsers running on multiple different machines - and order did not seem to matter.

I don't *know*, right, because I haven't seen their code. But the behavior i've seen strongly suggests to me - as a software developer - that they're using a random select rather than a queue.

Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    that's just a bug. bugs are less irritating than bad design decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    i had one window open at 10:01AM, and waited about 40 minutes and it was still telling me i was "getting close" for weekend 1. my friend had like 6 windows open, got her tickets within 30 minutes, then another window got her in again within minutes... i gave her my login information and she was able to secure our weekend 1 and camping.

once i got my confirmation email and clicked on it i was able to log in immediately and buy as many additional tickets as i wanted, and could log in using my friends information and secured their tickets.

definitely flawed.

Well, it's not THAT flawed because you need another credit card/name/whatever to buy more tickets. You can't just repeatedly log in and order more tickets on your card, there's a "2 ticket per household" limit. I saw several people on this board graciously order tickets for other members, so it just seems to me that this bug only seemed to benefit a lot of people here.
    2004, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2012b, 2013a, 2014a

Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar

yeah i got tikets through the same 'bug'. it's not some scalper fucking conspiracy.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

Quote Originally Posted by thebestever View Post
    i had one window open at 10:01AM, and waited about 40 minutes and it was still telling me i was "getting close" for weekend 1. my friend had like 6 windows open, got her tickets within 30 minutes, then another window got her in again within minutes... i gave her my login information and she was able to secure our weekend 1 and camping.

once i got my confirmation email and clicked on it i was able to log in immediately and buy as many additional tickets as i wanted, and could log in using my friends information and secured their tickets.

definitely flawed.
    You're welcome.
    Quote Originally Posted by microcuts View Post
    Well, it's not THAT flawed because you need another credit card/name/whatever to buy more tickets. You can't just repeatedly log in and order more tickets on your card, there's a "2 ticket per household" limit. I saw several people on this board graciously order tickets for other members, so it just seems to me that this bug only seemed to benefit a lot of people here.
    That "bug" did benefit our group big time. After I got my passes, and realized I can just log back in immediately under a different account, I ended up purchasing passes for 4 other people. I even offered to get passes for people on the boards. I rather have people on the boards get passes than some unknown who may try to scalp it.

I had 2 lap tops open so I could purchase 4 passes. I was able to get in on one of them after 16 minutes and purchase 2. When I hit "print receipt" it logged me out of my husbands account and back to the order page. I was able to sign in under my account and order my other 2 passes (2 different credit cards). My other lap top sat in the waiting room the entire time.

Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar

I just went to Daft Punk's website and got mine, similar to how people got theirs off of Radiohead's last year.
    Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    When Foster the People played Pumped Up Kicks I freaked the fuck out because I thought that song was long gone

The words "Daft Punk's website" freaked me out for a second.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

Quote Originally Posted by Neighborhood Creep View Post
    I just went to Daft Punk's website and got mine, similar to how people got theirs off of Radiohead's last year.
    lulz

Anyone know if people who pre-registered a Frontgate account received preference over people who didn't register?

Quote Originally Posted by Tikiman View Post
    Anyone know if people who pre-registered a Frontgate account received preference over people who didn't register?
    I don't think so because you had to get passed the waiting room to enter your information... I think.
    “Intellectual growth should commence at birth and cease only at death.” - Albert Einstein
    “Music is a safe kind of high" - Jimi Hendrix
    “Music is the wine that fills the cup of silence.” - Robert Fripp
    “Nothing separates the generations more than music. By the time a child is eight or nine, he has developed a passion for his own music that is even stronger than his passions for procrastination and weird clothes.” - Bill Cosby

I pregregisterd, it still took me about an hour to get mine....

No. My coworker didn't pre-register and he got in quicker than some of my friends who are registered.

Ive been registered since before registration been registration....I deserve to get my tickets first.

You have to login after you pass the waiting room. So the system doesn't know if someone in the waiting room is pre-registered or not.