Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Coachella has officially "Jumped the Shark"

Lurker

Unhappy Coachella has officially "Jumped the Shark"

Last edited by Amnesiac33; 05-17-2012 at 05:45 PM.

Default Re: Coachella has officially "Jumped the Shark"

Good thread
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    To you guys I say Wat?????????? Off to ?????? ....... cr****
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    It's hard to argue with that.

Hoff was a regular long before the last couple years.

someone didn't get tickets for weekend one........

Someone didn't get tickets.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

What does "jump the shark" mean?
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    I try to be politically pc more than most here: As a dude, anyone who could put a shark up a gals pc body, is pretty creepy, different and interesting. Just saying big time ..... cr****

Some well thought out opinions by the OP

are not here.

Someone didn't find a mother-daughter combo in 2012.

... and tickets

Quote Originally Posted by Alchemy View Post
    What does "jump the shark" mean?
    It's from the show "Happy Day's". A popular show that pressed for one show where the Fonz jumped a shark on water ski's. They worked up so much for the one event when it was over the showed died because people felt they'd done it all....and the show ended.

Yea dude...you sound like you don't care 1 bit....LOL....you sound like a 10 year old who didn't get his toy. You wanted to wait...but you lost out...that's exactly what happened.
    Just when I think you couldn't possibly be any dumber, you go and do something like this…and totally redeem yourself!
    Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    she should get an abortion then go to chella
    Quote Originally Posted by Bougie24 View Post
    You people are disgusting for posting this shit on my thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neighborhood Creep View Post
    Look up your moms skirt when she is dancing

What does "euphemism" mean?
    Quote Originally Posted by dj12inches View Post
    What makes me qualified? I've watched EVERY fucking episode of American Idol, and every single episode of The Voice...Forget that I won departmental music awards when I was in the 8th grade choir.

Sad part is this dude is a 50-year-old with a kid.

What does idiot mean?

I thought trakball was gone.

Fuckin Fonz Rocked... He even jumped that bitch wearing his leather jacket.

Henry Winkler jumping the land sharks for 2013...
    Last edited by EastLos01; 05-17-2012 at 01:19 PM.
    You know, but that's valid because if we are all gonna die anyway shouldn't we be enjoying ourselves now? You know, I'd like to quit thinking of the present, like right now, as some minor insignificant preamble to something else.

---------------------------------------------------
    It's that tad bit of Crazy that keeps me Sane...

Quote Originally Posted by EastLos01 View Post
    Fuckin Fonz Rocked... He even jumped that bitch searing his leather jacket.

Henry Winkler jumping the land sharks for 2013...
    Only if it's hologram Henry Winker from the '70s.

Quote Originally Posted by Amnesiac33 View Post
    Fact is I was a first year attendee in 2012 and loved it. I paid for VIP cause I can and although, to me, it was worth it, it was stupid expensive to buy anything. I don't think Pearl Jam ever thought that you would have to pay $12 for a Ruth Chris steak sandwich (with condiments only available by way of plastic squeeze packages). Or bottle service would be available in a special roped off area (within VIP) if you committed to pay exorbinate prices to elbow up next to the Winkelvoss's in the Rose Garden. I seen the kids line up 30-40 deep just for free water. How is that fair? I handed out free water all weekend and bought lots of beers for kids who were much appreciated. It should be the same expierience for all. That was the original intention.

There is no excuse for making pre tickets available one year in advance and then selling out the allotment in 2 hours. Inexcuseable. The people that need to pay in installments are for all truth and reason the real Coachella lovers. Many, but not all of the rest are posers. I went for the music and loved my time there, but not again. Been there, done that, got the $45 Radiohead Tshirt.

So you went in 2012 of all years and NOW think it has jumped the shark because they did a presale two weeks earlier than last year's presale and it sold out because of how popular it is?

I love this fucking thread every year.
    10/8 - Little Dragon @ Marquee (Tempe, AZ)
    10/11 - Carolina Chocolate Drops @ Rialto Theater (Tucson, AZ)
    11/10 - The Black Keys @ US Airways Center (Phoenix, AZ)
    4/10/15 - 4/12/15 - Coachella

Fact is I was a first year attendee in 2012 and loved it. I paid for VIP cause I can and although, to me, it was worth it, it was stupid expensive to buy anything. I don't think Pearl Jam ever thought that you would have to pay $12 for a Ruth Chris steak sandwich (with condiments only available by way of plastic squeeze packages). Or bottle service would be available in a special roped off area (within VIP) if you committed to pay exorbinate prices to elbow up next to the Winkelvoss's in the Rose Garden. I seen the kids line up 30-40 deep just for free water. How is that fair? I handed out free water all weekend and bought lots of beers for kids who were much appreciated. It should be the same expierience for all. That was the original intention.

There is no excuse for making pre tickets available one year in advance and then selling out the allotment in 2 hours. Inexcuseable. The people that need to pay in installments are for all truth and reason the real Coachella lovers. Many, but not all of the rest are posers. I went for the music and loved my time there, but not again. Been there, done that, got the $45 Radiohead Tshirt.
    Quote Originally Posted by dj12inches View Post
    What makes me qualified? I've watched EVERY fucking episode of American Idol, and every single episode of The Voice...Forget that I won departmental music awards when I was in the 8th grade choir.

So GV forced all of us to buy tickets to the event 11 months in advance? No wonder my ass is so sore from this mornings events.
    The real sucker is the person who pays for "VIP" whether they can afford it or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by sbessiso View Post
    I jacked off 4 times today all before work! true story!
    Quote Originally Posted by greghead View Post
    Spicy pie or die, bitch.

Yeah fuck GV for selling out in 2hrs.

I think you've shown that you are the poser fool.

Guys I think we're all gonna be really sorry when Amnesiac33 isn't at the weekend 1 boardie meetup. Sad, sad day for us all.

OP can fucking die of cocks
    Last edited by koryp; 05-17-2012 at 01:31 PM.
    Wow, 12 step meetings at Coachella, who knew? SOBERCHELLA.COM

I'm a reasonable man, get off my case....

EXORBINATE
    Quote Originally Posted by stinkbutt View Post
    It's like finding out an old high school buddy is on meth, and you're not sure if any of the rumors of him giving handies behind Burger King are true but they very likely could be.

Exclamation Re: Coachella has officially "Jumped the Shark"

You sound like a douche & I'm glad that you're not coming back

Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar

paging randy...
    October 2 - Beck
    October 3-5 - Austin City Limits
    October 10 - Bonobo
    October 20 - Mastodon
    October 23 - 26 - Housecore Horror Festival
    October 29 - The Melvins
    November 7-9 - Fun Fun Fun Fest
    November 18 - Slayer

What a sad bitter old man you are, I feel sorry for your son. If you were my dad I would have been fucking pissed to have to spend the whole weekend with you. The reason you have so much animosity right now is probably because he ditched your loser ass to go do drugs with cool people and forget about what a prick of a father he has.

And lastly...

Why is Coachella any more different than those 2 venues other than the bands played there first?

Well Coachella is in California which means anyone in that area and AZ, NV, CO, NM etc, it is their closest major music festival. But a lot of people live in California, so why would they go elsewhere?

But you are acting like a bit of a trakball.

Fact is I was a first year attendee in 2012 and loved it.
    You weren't even there when Fonzy jumped his bike the first time, who the fuck are you to judge qualitative changes in the festival?

And who gives a fuck what Pearl Jam think about a $12 sandwich? Do you? They'd probably think you the fool for paying for it, I sure do. Spicy pie or die, bitch.
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    Has Pitchfork revealed it's top 200 covers by Arcade Fire yet?

I think it's every band and festival organizers dream to eventually "Jump the Shark" whether they admit it or not.

I'm just hoping there's a Walmart in the next Coachella!

paging randy...
    This made me chorkle a little bit.

paging randy...
    you missed it man...magic will not happen again.

this miserable old creep didn't get any action and now coachella is not worth it...surprise surprise

I'm sorry, I'm a complete idiot and am confused. Are people who pay in full during presale not real Coachella lovers, because money corrupts all who touch it and causes universal bad music taste? Or are all Coachella lovers for truth and reason? Is Kant the only true Coachella lover? Please answer all of these questions for me, I'm dying to know and might do something stupid in the meantime.
    Quote Originally Posted by HandBanana View Post
    with all the pain in the world and Urban Outfitters sadding the navajo yall should not use the word "scalpers" please increase the peace.