Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 'Passes for Weekend 1 are moving quickly, and will be sold out soon.'

Default Re: 'Passes for Weekend 1 are moving quickly, and will be sold out soon.'

won't have to wait long.

Default Re: 'Passes for Weekend 1 are moving quickly, and will be sold out soon.'

So weekend 2 is not giving the option to purchase gA or VIP anymore...
    You know, but that's valid because if we are all gonna die anyway shouldn't we be enjoying ourselves now? You know, I'd like to quit thinking of the present, like right now, as some minor insignificant preamble to something else.

---------------------------------------------------
    It's that tad bit of Crazy that keeps me Sane...

I heard from my sister that they are sold out for both weekends. I tried to get some, but there wasnt even the option to purchase GA

I couldn't get in for weekend 1 for a full hour, had go to a meeting and by the time I got back at 12 PM PT weekend 1 was gone. FAIL.

Quote Originally Posted by Panda421 View Post
    Why not just sell all the tickets at once? If they sold out w1 in the next day or two it would force a sell out of the second weekend by the end of advanced sale. I dont see why it matters if there arent tickets available in January. It seems odd for a business to turn down millions of dollars 11 months before the event.
    That would make all those waiting for the lineup before buying explode with rage. (they're pissed as it is now)

Quote Originally Posted by moxie990 View Post
    It says "advance sale" tickets are sold out. I almost guarantee* that all the tickets for w1 aren't completely sold out. After last year's general sale and the tickets selling out in like 20 minutes for w1, I bet they restricted the amount of tickets available in the advance sale this year.
    Hopefully.

Quote Originally Posted by gaspard27 View Post
    Even if only 40,000 were available for presale, it was less that two hours to sell out. I'd expect the regular onsale to sell out just as quickly. People freaked that 2011 sold out in 5 days, then people freaked out that 2012 sold out in less than three hours. People aren't chancing that again and diving in on this presale in larger numbers. It's nutty!
    The thing that upsets me most about so many people buying tickets before the lineup is announced is that a shit ton of these people are people that don't care about what music is playing: they're just going to party (like 90% of Stagecoach attendees). When I first started going to Coachella, half the fun was hanging out with people who actually knew and loved music. I know of three people so far (that aren't even music fans) with tickets to weekend 1. They're reason? "After the 2pac thing, I just couldn't miss it another year".
    Maybe it's time to move on to another festival? Where do all of the music fans seem to congregate these days?
    --->Living-Silver.com <---

Quote Originally Posted by Living Silver View Post
    The thing that upsets me most about so many people buying tickets before the lineup is announced is that a shit ton of these people are people that don't care about what music is playing: they're just going to party (like 90% of Stagecoach attendees). When I first started going to Coachella, half the fun was hanging out with people who actually knew and loved music. I know of three people so far (that aren't even music fans) with tickets to weekend 1. They're reason? "After the 2pac thing, I just couldn't miss it another year".
    Maybe it's time to move on to another festival? Where do all of the music fans seem to congregate these days?
    I actually don't disagree about the amount of people coming to party, but the beauty to me of Coachella is that kids go in for the party, and leave as aspiring music snobs. I know one kid who was hoping Pitbull would show up for Afrojack coming in, and just a month after the festival he is going to indie shows in LA and blasting pre "Saturdays = Youth" M83, and actually enjoying it. While I totally get what you're saying I also think it's elitist to demand that all of the 160,000 Coachella 2013 attendees be able to write a thesis about Joy Division. So in a way, Coachella is responsible for opening up the ears of tens of thousands of people. As long as people are open-minded and respectful, nobody should give a shit if they are "music fans" coming in...they generally become them after just three days.

Quote Originally Posted by Living Silver View Post
    Hopefully.

stop fucking bitching...go with a good group of people and ignore all the bullshit going on
    Quote Originally Posted by mncarpooler View Post
    Anything that's not Sahara tent trash is going to have a small crowd it seems like. I wandered over near the Sahara once all weekend and it was a clusterfuck of the douchiest looking people you could ever imagine.

Is it really so wrong to enjoy modeselektor and afrojack? DJ Shadow and Kaskade? etc.
    '10, '11, '12.1, '13.1, '14.1

Quote Originally Posted by witham View Post
    Is it really so wrong to enjoy modeselektor and afrojack? DJ Shadow and Kaskade? etc.
    I don't think so.

shadow is your fucking daddy....

About 12:30 I logged in and bought 2 tickets with camping in about 4 minutes. No wait, super smooth. Not sure why everyone was having such a hard time?

He said hard.

They definately don"t take buyers in any kind of order! My daughters and I all tried-me at 10,daughter right after that and the third try for another daughter was at1030-and she got the first tickets-the other daughter got in about 20 min. later but before me! And I didn't get into the buying page for about 1 hour> Then I am still waiting and my daughter right next to me gets in and has enough time to start an acct for yet another daughter-times out because of temp password and gets in again to purchase-while I am still in the waiting room! So first one in_last one served! Not Fair-but we all got tickets!

Quote Originally Posted by travelfan View Post
    I actually don't disagree about the amount of people coming to party, but the beauty to me of Coachella is that kids go in for the party, and leave as aspiring music snobs. I know one kid who was hoping Pitbull would show up for Afrojack coming in, and just a month after the festival he is going to indie shows in LA and blasting pre "Saturdays = Youth" M83, and actually enjoying it. While I totally get what you're saying I also think it's elitist to demand that all of the 160,000 Coachella 2013 attendees be able to write a thesis about Joy Division. So in a way, Coachella is responsible for opening up the ears of tens of thousands of people. As long as people are open-minded and respectful, nobody should give a shit if they are "music fans" coming in...they generally become them after just three days.
    Totally agree!!! had a buddy who was really only into hardcore and punk and left saying life is too short to just listen to angry punk. And he has been discovering a bunch of new edm we showed him. He came for refused, atdi, and the party and left with a new opened mindeness to different types of music.... in short coachella changed him hahhaha

Anyone know how many Camping passes are sold per weekend?

We know that W1 Camping sold out in approx. 84 minutes, and W1 GA Adv. Tickets sold out in approx. 112 minutes (going off Twitter announcements from @Coachella). Using those figures, if we know the number of Camping passes sold, we should be able to get a ballpark figure of how man W1 GA Adv. tickets were sold.

SmellyBath

Quote Originally Posted by arsgunner View Post
    stop fucking bitching...go with a good group of people and ignore all the bullshit going on
    That's what's up

While I totally get what you're saying I also think it's elitist to demand that all of the 160,000 Coachella 2013 attendees be able to write a thesis about Joy Division.
    Funniest. Line. Ever.

Love this & completely agree. 09 was my first year and I bought the tickets (yes... real tickets) about a week before without really looking at the lineup and made so many good discoveries. It's like anything else... it's what you make of what you've got. You've got an amazing 3-day music festival you just shelled a decent chunk of change to go to, so don't worry about anybody else and just have fun.

Quote Originally Posted by loopy View Post
    Love this & completely agree. 09 was my first year and I bought the tickets (yes... real tickets) about a week before without really looking at the lineup and made so many good discoveries. It's like anything else... it's what you make of what you've got. You've got an amazing 3-day music festival you just shelled a decent chunk of change to go to, so don't worry about anybody else and just have fun.
    Agree. I missed so much good shit 2009 because I was a noob dumbass who did minimal research (first year as well). Gotta start somewhere. I do, however, give shit to everyone I meet/talk to who only knows shitty Sahara artists. To go to Coachella and ONLY see dumb cheesedjs that you can catch anywhere else... damn I can't even understand that.

At least my first year I had the fucking brains to catch some of The Cure and My Bloody Valentine. I'm still kicking myself for not watching both entire sets, but at least I saw some.

DJ Shadow was awesome in '99.... anyone else here see him then? hm?
    every day, every year

malcolmjamalaweful malcolmjama1awesome's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GaragePoet View Post
    no. im not old as shit like you.

I can understand the frustration with people who only listen to shitty cheese dj's thing..In the campgrounds I would turn on sigur ros, real estate, etc. and the group next to us would yell "god someone turn on some fucking good music" and put on "Bounce" by Calvin Harris. But to each his own, that's why there is 5 stages at Coachella...but I am still blown away how fast it has started selling out.

Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjama1awesome View Post
    no. im not old as shit like you.
    Quit imitating malcolmjamalawesome u wannabe
    2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012: II, 2013: I, 2014: I

Quote Originally Posted by witham View Post
    Only because no one addressed this I will inform you that only afrojack and kaskade should be on that list, and not so much wrong as misinformed.

Quote Originally Posted by GaragePoet View Post
    I don't remember much, but I was there. Second stage...pre-sunset?
    Last edited by thedevious; 05-18-2012 at 12:23 AM.
    Years Attended:

Kind of late, but I thought I chime in on my thoughts about this mornings Coachella orgy!

I didn't find out about the presale till Wednesday evening, so I set my clock to 9:50am. I wake up at around 10:20! WTF! So I get my computer out of sleep and get to the stand-by page. So while I'm waiting, I did some laundry, made breakfast, and even put out the trash to the curb. I finally get to the purchase page at fucking 11:48am and wondering if I made it in time. So I select the GA option and tried to go to the next page, but I was getting 'glitches' because the screen kept refreshing and saying something like 'the number of tickets you selected are not available', so now I'm like freaking out like crazy, and i'm stuck on this shit for like a minute, but I finally managed to get through and finished my order at approximately 11:57!!!

I then took a celebratory piss, came back out to my computer and hit refresh......'passes are no longer available!'

Lurker

Got my tickets yesterday easily enough but I would assume that's because I got a travel package with ticket, hotel and shuttle passes. I'm from Scotland and the festivals I normally get tickets for and through ticketmaster and they're a nightmare so this was a nice change being able to get them so easily. But I feel the frustration of everyone who couldn't get through, been there before.

1 hour I waited. Selected quantity 2, paid for them then the confimations said quanitity 1 so I had to go do it all again!!
    Nightmare, but sorted now!

My card got declined twice, i was basically cussing out the fraud alert people telling them if i didnt get my tickets i was going to kill their families. Needless to say, the third time i tried it my card got through... TICKETS PROCURED FOR WEEK ONE

how about next time you call them ahead of time and give them a heads up instead of being a dick when things don't go exactly as planned?