Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 'Passes for Weekend 1 are moving quickly, and will be sold out soon.'

Lurker

Default Re: 'Passes for Weekend 1 are moving quickly, and will be sold out soon.'

secret is to refresh! just got mine

Default Re: 'Passes for Weekend 1 are moving quickly, and will be sold out soon.'

I got in within 10 minutes and was able to purchase 2 more sets for my friends. All I did when I was finished with my order was clicked on the coachella banner and it took me right back to the purchase page again, no standby.

See you all in 2013!

Does anyone know what the total is for car camping plus a ticket is?

still on stanby....

Quote Originally Posted by amma_sol View Post
    $349 + $85 = $434
    20% = $86.80

Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by amma_sol View Post
    Mine was about 626. . with 2 passes

It's directing me right to the weekend one purchase page with no wait time....strange, I opted for weekend two though.

Sorry guys who got this message and bought weekend 2 instead. Looks like you would have been ok. Just got in on both of my browsers.
    For your health

Quote Originally Posted by legenDAIRY69 View Post
    Mine was about 626. . with 2 passes
    how'd you get tickets below face value?

Just got two more.

Weekend 1 sold out in under two hours.

Coachella Junkie

loljkjk

This is insane. So glad I didn't wait till the afternoon >_>

I think weekend 1 is sold out.

EDIT: Nevermind. It's giving me a message of "We were not able to find that many tickets in that section" in every step of the process, including camping. but then it works?

Didn't think this was too bad at all. I was in and out by 10:05 and then some friends were having trouble so I bought on behalf of 4 other groups of friends. Like someone above said, if you just hit "back" or "login" again after buying, it would bring you right back to the sign in screen and not have to wait.

I finally got through to buy, but the whole thing was so messed up.

First off, I had 3 browsers on standby. Of course, it was the third one (which I started about 10 minutes later than the other two) that got through, while the others sat on standby until passes were no longer available!

So much for first-come, first-serve!

Then once I got through and tried to buy 2 tickets, I got that lame message about "The number of passes selected are not available" or whatever. But then I selected 2 again and tried, and everything worked fine. WTF??

And then when I was done... guess what? It put me back to the page to purchase more tickets if I wanted, while my other two browsers were still waiting! LOL

Looks like the purchase process here was totally random and not based upon any kind of fair algorithm.

FRONT GATE TICKETS = JOKE
    Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar

it seems i was wrong. very wrong.
    September 16 - Earth
    September 18 - DJ Shadow & Cut Chemist
    September 20 - Skeletonwitch
    September 21 - Nails
    September 23 - Andy Stott
    October 2 - Beck
    October 3-5 - Austin City Limits
    October 10 - Bonobo
    October 20 - Mastodon
    October 23 - 26 - Housecore Horror Festival
    October 29 - The Melvins
    November 7-9 - Fun Fun Fun Fest
    November 18 - Slayer

From this day forward the Coachella lineage shall be divided into pre/post Tupac hologram.

Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    have people forgotten that this happened last year, and then weekend 1 was available for purchase that entire week without any problems?
    https://twitter.com/coachella/status/203196296465629184

Sadly, I won't be going to weekend 1 this year. I got through, but it kept telling me that it couldn't find any more tickets in that section. Then I saw the tweet. :'(
    --->Living-Silver.com <---

Quote Originally Posted by Living Silver View Post

Sadly, I won't be going to weekend 1 this year. I got through, but it kept telling me that it couldn't find any more tickets in that section. Then I saw the tweet. :'(
    It says "advance sale" tickets are sold out. I almost guarantee* that all the tickets for w1 aren't completely sold out. After last year's general sale and the tickets selling out in like 20 minutes for w1, I bet they restricted the amount of tickets available in the advance sale this year.

*guarantee meaning my own personal opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Living Silver View Post

Who else is very skeptical that they sold like 80,000 week 1 tickets in less than 2 hours?

I have a feeling that they are either holding some tickets back, or some scalpers pulled off some major shenanigans and sucked up most of the tickets.

This just isn't passing the sanity check.

Quote Originally Posted by moxie990 View Post
    It says "advance sale" tickets are sold out. I almost guarantee* that all the tickets for w1 aren't completely sold out. After last year's general sale and the tickets selling out in like 20 minutes for w1, I bet they restricted the amount of tickets available in the advance sale this year.

*guarantee meaning my own personal opinion.
    ha, we posted this at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Archie Bunker View Post
    Who else is very skeptical that they sold like 80,000 week 1 tickets in less than 2 hours?

I have a feeling that they are either holding some tickets back, or some scalpers pulled off some major shenanigans and sucked up most of the tickets.

This just isn't passing the sanity check.
    Even if only 40,000 were available for presale, it was less that two hours to sell out. I'd expect the regular onsale to sell out just as quickly. People freaked that 2011 sold out in 5 days, then people freaked out that 2012 sold out in less than three hours. People aren't chancing that again and diving in on this presale in larger numbers. It's nutty!

So more weekend 1 passes are going to be sold come January right?

Quote Originally Posted by serranocarlos View Post
    So more weekend 1 passes are going to be sold come January right?
    probably ... but we're only assuming that because the pic they posted specifically references "advance sale" being what sold out. You prolly have about 5 minutes to buy in January before they sell out then though. Shit is crazy these days!

Coachella Junkie

They have to hold some back so they can attach shuttle passes to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasma Del Mar View Post
    From this day forward the Coachella lineage shall be divided into pre/post Tupac hologram.
    2010 is when it really changed
    Stevie Wonder, Jurassic 5!!, Magnetic Man, Pogo, Tycho, Tears for Fears 2013

Coach 06,07,08,09,10,11,12,13(1)
    Sasquatch 12
    Lolla 11(Chile)
    VOODOO 11
    Street Scene 07,08,09
    Rock the Bells 07

Why not just sell all the tickets at once? If they sold out w1 in the next day or two it would force a sell out of the second weekend by the end of advanced sale. I dont see why it matters if there arent tickets available in January. It seems odd for a business to turn down millions of dollars 11 months before the event.
    Quote Originally Posted by sbessiso View Post
    I jacked off 4 times today all before work! true story!
    Quote Originally Posted by greghead View Post
    Spicy pie or die, bitch.

Weekend 1 is NOT sold out. Just got mine about 20 minutes ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by PotVsKtl View Post
    The middle class needs sick beats.

just wait til weekend 2 is gone