Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: 'Passes for Weekend 1 are moving quickly, and will be sold out soon.'

Default Re: 'Passes for Weekend 1 are moving quickly, and will be sold out soon.'

Yesterday was a nightmare. Out of about 12 friends of mine that I go to Coachella with ever year, four of us were able to get Weekend 1 passes. Everyone else had to buy Weekend 2 and are going to try to trade to get Weekend 1 passes, but I doubt they'll be able to. My g/f and I used one card together, and were logged on right at 10 am, so we were able to get Weekend 1 passes. Looks like I won't be going with any of my friends next year though, pretty bummed about the whole situation.

thestripe

Default Re: 'Passes for Weekend 1 are moving quickly, and will be sold out soon.'

It's almost impossible to experience Coachella with your friends anymore. I got tickets. But there were a few in my group that tried and failed. This two ticket thing made it really difficult to secure tickets as a group. Not to mention the frontgate system is fucked. The majority of my group were in the waiting room at 10, and didn't get tickets until 11:45. The two who were late and logged on at 11, got right in and bought their tickets with no wait.

I have no friends. I got 2 - the other one is just so I have more room at the polo fields.
    Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    well, for all intensive porpoises it is, will sell out within seconds tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by korbinn View Post
    It's jsut dawned on me that I'm overly confident and a extremely ocd perfectionist.
    Quote Originally Posted by kroqken View Post
    I don't give a flying fuck about the Kardashians, I doubt they know who Belle and Sebastian are.

thestripe

Hahaha. Good going, sonofhal.

*Also, if you're looking to unload the extra pass later, let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by sonofhal View Post
    I have no friends. I got 2 - the other one is just so I have more room at the polo fields.
    LOL, that's win.
    2004, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2012b, 2013a, 2014a

Quote Originally Posted by sonofhal View Post
    Haha nice

Almost to 1,000 posts guys. Been going to Coachella for six years now, but haven't been active on the boards until recently. Should my 1,000th post be something ridiculous, helpful, or should I flame someone?

Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    Almost to 1,000 posts guys. Been going to Coachella for six years now, but haven't been active on the boards until recently. Should my 1,000th post be something ridiculous, helpful, or should I flame someone?
    honestly no one gives a damn...if you want the truth
    Just when I think you couldn't possibly be any dumber, you go and do something like this…and totally redeem yourself!
    Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    she should get an abortion then go to chella
    Quote Originally Posted by Bougie24 View Post
    You people are disgusting for posting this shit on my thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neighborhood Creep View Post
    Look up your moms skirt when she is dancing

I'm comin' for you baily!

Would the 4 of you trading for Weekend 2 be a solution?

Yeah it definitely would, but my g/f and I are going to be out of state during the second weekend. Another thing that makes my situation pretty shitty.

Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    how about next time you call them ahead of time and give them a heads up instead of being a dick when things don't go exactly as planned?
    Really? Is this a common thing to have to do when making a purchase?

I never know exactly what is going to set off their system. I called ahead when my card was going to be used in Japan. But, for basic purchases in the US?

Chase gives the option of sending me a SMS message and I can just reply to it and they lift the fraud alert. Good idea to set this up, and also to have multiple cards at hand.

My sitch was sorta hairy too, some CC bullshit then couldn't put the stuff on payment plans so I get timed out of the screen but hit back and get right back in and finish the order got two for weekend one, first time presale buy in 5 years of coachella it keeps gettin better -_-
    2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012: II, 2013: I, 2014: I

Anyone close to someone "inside" Goldenvoice that can attest to roughly the ticket allotment that was given for this presale? I am so fucking pissed that I missed out on this completely. With the exception of the boards, how was everyone notified about this presale so early? Last year I seem to remember last years presale being June. I was mentally preparing for june. Last year we got emails stating when they were going onsale. I didn't get squat this year.
    Quote Originally Posted by cutterbutter View Post
    Go in when doors open. Buy your shit. Go back to the car and lock it up. Get a beer at your car. Go back in. See some art. Watch first band.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Dylanja View Post
    I really wish it was called Titter, I'd teet all day long if that were the case.

They sent out an email on Monday, May 14th to anyone on the mailing list. The website's main page was also changed to reflect this, and I'm pretty sure there was a social media presence of the news as well. Sorry you missed the memo though
    2004, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2012b, 2013a, 2014a

Quote Originally Posted by theecat View Post
    Anyone close to someone "inside" Goldenvoice that can attest to roughly the ticket allotment that was given for this presale? I am so fucking pissed that I missed out on this completely. With the exception of the boards, how was everyone notified about this presale so early? Last year I seem to remember last years presale being June. I was mentally preparing for june. Last year we got emails stating when they were going onsale. I didn't get squat this year.
    Facebook / Twitter

1st they notified us of a "big" announcement and when it would be, then that announcement was when the pre-sale was. I also got an e-mail. I subscribe to their Twitter feed to send texts to my phone (unlimited texts so no big deal), and the only texts I've gotten, except for during the event, has been crucial information like pre-sale dates, lineup, schedules, etc. They seem to use Twitter first before anything.
    Friday: Outkast, The Replacements, Girl Talk, Chromeo, AFI, The Afghan Whigs, Bastille, Jagwar Ma, Grouplove, Caravan Palace
    Saturday: Muse, QOTSA, Pharrell, Foster the People, Empire of the Sun, Kid Cudi, Sleigh Bells, Cage the Elephant, CHVRCHES, Capitol Cities, Temples, Bombay Bicycle Club, Holy Ghost!, Bear Hands
    Sunday: Arcade Fire, Beck, Neutral Milk Hotel, Trombone Shorty, Frank Turner, Surfer Blood, J Roddy Walston

Got it. Thanks for the heads up. Fuck, I hate twitter.
    Quote Originally Posted by cutterbutter View Post
    Go in when doors open. Buy your shit. Go back to the car and lock it up. Get a beer at your car. Go back in. See some art. Watch first band.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Dylanja View Post
    I really wish it was called Titter, I'd teet all day long if that were the case.

Pretty sure they sent an email at least a day before. I heard about it on Facebook I think on Monday of last week.
    Quote Originally Posted by hawkingvsreeve View Post
    Perhaps if you had spent more time planning your sets out and less time playing slutty Indian this wouldn't be so difficult for you.