Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 'Passes for Weekend 1 are moving quickly, and will be sold out soon.'

Hybrid View

Default 'Passes for Weekend 1 are moving quickly, and will be sold out soon.'

'You will likely not be directed to the purchase page prior to sell out.'

That has to be some algorithmically generated text based on wait time right? It's been 8 minutes since they've gone on sale.
    Quote Originally Posted by hawkingvsreeve View Post
    Perhaps if you had spent more time planning your sets out and less time playing slutty Indian this wouldn't be so difficult for you.

Default Re: 'Passes for Weekend 1 are moving quickly, and will be sold out soon.'

I will be shocked if they sell out in presale that fast. But crazier things have happened.

Lurker

Default Re: 'Passes for Weekend 1 are moving quickly, and will be sold out soon.'

I was in and out in 5 min
    10, 11, 12(2), 13(1)

I started getting that message at 10:00 when I logged in.

I hate frontgate so much right now.
    '11, '12.1 coldchella

Quote Originally Posted by threeve View Post
    I hate frontgate so much right now.
    truth.

Motherfucker! I got called into a stupid ass meeting at 9:55 and just got in. Now I am getting this message.
    For your health

Not bad. Kept refreshing for about 15 mins. Done now.
    Steve Winwood| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| Echo and the Bunnymen| Echo and the Bunnymen| Paul McCartney| Foxygen| NIN/Soundgarden| Elvis Costello| Swans| Buzzcocks| King Crimson| Elton John| Kasabian| Massive Attack| Massive Attack| Fleetwood Mac

I was through the waiting room in about 20 minutes, which is way faster than it was last year, but I know it's not the same for everyone... keep trying everyone!
    Coachellas attended: 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 (W1), 2013 (W1)

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    Theme night listing:

Thursday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Friday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Saturday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Sunday Night: Boo, I have to go back to my parent's house!
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    The level of sheer laziness and pure speculation and confusion about very easily found and well-known things that this board has gotten to is truly confounding.

All my friends got in and I am still on the standby page that says I am close to the purchase page....

Same here, for the past 30 min it's said my chances are looking good, but no dice at getting in

tricial

Quote Originally Posted by emoassnolan View Post
    All my friends got in and I am still on the standby page that says I am close to the purchase page....
    I was using a desktop computer and my phone. Got into weekend 2 twice on the desktop to purchase two seperate orders with two seperate billing addresses.....my phone was still on standby...

i got through then got kicked out after it said i couldn't select the payment plan without an account. waited for 40 min, now back to standby

Quote Originally Posted by anavargas View Post
    i got through then got kicked out after it said i couldn't select the payment plan without an account. waited for 40 min, now back to standby
    That sucks. I couldn't remember my frontgate password so I had to have it emailed to me and get it reset. Barely completed my order with like :35 seconds left. I was so stressed.

Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    That sucks. I couldn't remember my frontgate password so I had to have it emailed to me and get it reset. Barely completed my order with like :35 seconds left. I was so stressed.
    Exact same thing happened to me. I even gave up and said to myself, "self... its not the end of the world." My girlfriend was actually really pissed at me... but i went back in and bought them no wait. It was really weird.

Quote Originally Posted by anavargas View Post
    LOL

Such fail.

They really need to contract with a more competent ticket provider. Does Front Gate even do anything else besides provide Coachella tickets?
    Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Archie Bunker View Post
    LOL

Such fail.

They really need to contract with a more competent ticket provider. Does Front Gate even do anything else besides provide Coachella tickets?
    http://www.frontgatetickets.com/festivals

I had the message at 10:02. Yeah.

I decided not to risk getting shut out and bought weekend 2. I hope that wasn't a mistake.

I can't believe I'm actually wishing for TicketDisaster to be managing this instead.

This is an embarrassment.

Zero chance that the entire week 1's supply of tickets was sold out (or at least had enough people in line to buy them) within 2 minutes.

They must be holding a large percentage of them back for the general sale, or perhaps for other pre-sale days.

It is funny how they are supposedly so against scalping yet they are making it so hard for legitimate people to buy tickets.

Weird. After I purchased my weekend 1 pass at about 11:35 I went back in just out of curiosity and I got taken right to the purchase page, no waiting at all.

they didn;t hold any back last year for the general sale, doubt they will this year.

I guess there's also a chance that they're using this method to trick people into buying weekend 2 who otherwise wouldn't have wanted that weekend.

Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar

have people forgotten that this happened last year, and then weekend 1 was available for purchase that entire week without any problems?
    July 12 - Matthew Dear
    July 29 - Boris
    August 1 - Black Label Society
    August 14 - Nine Inch Nails/Soundgarden
    August 27 - Röyksopp & Robyn
    August 30 - Sleep
    August 31 - Sleep
    September 14 - Lily Allen
    September 20 - Skeletonwitch
    October 10 - Bonobo
    November 7-9 - Fun Fun Fun Fest
    November 23 - Caribou

Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    have people forgotten that this happened last year, and then weekend 1 was available for purchase that entire week without any problems?
    haha ya. That's why I'm not even bothering right now. Both weekends can't sell out in presale. If they do then well... I guess I'm fucked.

Lurker

Friend got his in 10min...i've been on the stand by site for over an hour. funk is going on?

They need some sort of sound alert when you actually connect to the buy page, so I can go do something else like watch TV or jerk off in the meantime.

I got in within 10 minutes and was able to purchase 2 more sets for my friends. All I did when I was finished with my order was clicked on the coachella banner and it took me right back to the purchase page again, no standby.

See you all in 2013!

Lurker

secret is to refresh! just got mine

Does anyone know what the total is for car camping plus a ticket is?