Thread: General Admission VS VIP

Default General Admission VS VIP

Hey guys,

just wondering is it worth the extra dollars (it's quite a lot to be honest) for the VIP package?

Did any previous VIP'ers find the extra stuff worth it or you guys didn't bother using the extra facilities and just used what the GA'ers mostly used?

I'm interested in getting the VIP package if que times at the VIP areas for drinks and the pisser is drastically reduced as compared to the GA areas.

Sorry I couldn't find anything with a search on this forum and google search.

Thanks!

Default Re: General Admission VS VIP

Not worth it, imho. Pisser lines are not bad if you stay away from Sahara. You don't get much closer to the stage in VIP areas. Beer lines are nothing outside in regular area.

I've never done it... and the Rose Garden by the Sahara does look moderately worthwhile, but I really find it hard to believe it's worth more than double the cost of a regular ticket this year.

I never had to wait more than about 25 seconds anytime I used a bathroom all weekend. I think people are retarded and don't think to go to the portajohns at the BACK. Everyone congests up the front areas and makes it look like some kind of ridiculous wait when you can just stroll past everybody.
    2004, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2012b, 2013a, 2014a

We did VIP last year and I have to say it really wasn't worth it for me. The only stage we were able to get closer to (section just behind photo pit on one side of the stage) was the Gobi and that seemed like at the whim of whomever was working there at the time. They oversell VIP, so although you get more shade and seating, its hard to utilize it in the late afternoon evening when it's really crowded.

Plus side was the food selection is more varied and if you are into artist and celebrity sightings, it might be worth it. We are going to do it again this year because my girl likes it and we are taking our 4 year old next year. I'm trying to talk her into weekend 2 GA passes though and go both weekends...

I'm really the only one in our group that is reluctant to tear themselves away from the music to go eat, drink and rest, so if you are like me or have limited funds, skip the VIP.

VIP tix and VIP parking. No wait to get in, ever. Compared to friends who did regular parking + GA tix, took em like 2 hours every day.

No line for booze or liquor. In the main GA beer garden that hard liquor line was packed all the time.

Never a line for bathroom or food.

Getting in so easily to the festival was worth it to me. Now they raised the prices and I was ok with GA but I was asleep yesterday during the pre-sale and woke up to hubby having bought 4 VIP tix plus 2 VIP parking passes. Love the hubby!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sl4shd0t View Post
    VIP tix and VIP parking. No wait to get in, ever. Compared to friends who did regular parking + GA tix, took em like 2 hours every day.

No line for booze or liquor. In the main GA beer garden that hard liquor line was packed all the time.

Never a line for bathroom or food.

Getting in so easily to the festival was worth it to me. Now they raised the prices and I was ok with GA but I was asleep yesterday during the pre-sale and woke up to hubby having bought 4 VIP tix plus 2 VIP parking passes. Love the hubby!!!
    I'm gay and I'd marry him! Go husband!

And yes, upon further review, you can always get back money, but not time. No lines for parking, entry, booze, food, and bathrooms were a definite plus.

Getting in and getting out in regular parking was a breeze this year, so I don't see why that would be as much of an issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by concertgoer View Post
    You better stop because he can shut down this message board with one call.

Ya I had a companion parking pass and it was real easy in and out. The main thing for Entrance into Coachella lines is to never just walk up to the first line and wait, go to the lines on the far end, where people dont think to go everyone thinks " Ok everyones waiting here so ill just stand here to" but if you just walk down a few steps its wide open. Same goes for Beer garden lines. Go to the far end, I saved so much time this year doing that, I probably waited 30 minutes in line all weekend long.