Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 31 to 53 of 53

Thread: Reason for the price increase?

  1. #31
    Coachella Junkie Mugwog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    6,666

    Default Re: Reason for the price increase?

    Someone mentioned in another thread to stop the presses on "Camp" magazine. I agree, it's a fucking waste of paper with very little useful information in it. Why not just give everyone a Vice mag on entry? At least it would be worth glancing thru

  2. #32
    Member Hawkings's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    blue/green planet, 3 from the sun, can't miss it
    Posts
    550

    Default Re: Reason for the price increase?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mugwog View Post
    They are adding camel rides from the Ferris wheel to the sahara this year.
    lol
    04' 05' 07' 08' 09' 10' 11' 12' 13'
    Metric, Of Monsters, Local Natives, Beach House, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Band of Horses, Stone Roses, Foals, Tegan and Sara or How to Destroy 2 Bears, Violent Femmes, Portugal, Hot Chip, Spiritualized, Simian Mobile or Postal, Moby, New Order, Sigur Ros DIIV, Oh Sees, Grimes, Paul K, Oakey, Vampire Weekend, Pretty LIghts, OMD, WU, RHCP, Dead Can Dance

  3. #33
    Coachella Junkie algunz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Rustin' in Tustin
    Posts
    21,388

    Default Re: Reason for the price increase?

    I love The Camp magazine. Fuck y'all.

  4. #34
    Coachella Junkie Ardentbiscuit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    6,709

    Default Re: Reason for the price increase?

    There's only one reason, it takes a lot of money to take your money.

  5. #35
    old school crazzz2007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    5,829

    Default Re: Reason for the price increase?

    Quote Originally Posted by mrhand View Post
    3) Demand far outpaces supply.
    False. By the time all the wristbands were mailed out, aftermarket tickets prices had pretty much come down to about face value. That means demand is approximately equal to supply.

  6. #36
    old school microcuts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    lansing_mi
    Posts
    2,710

    Default Re: Reason for the price increase?

    Or it just means that people just don't want to pay over face value for an already expensive event.
    2004, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2012b, 2013a, 2014a

  7. #37
    old school crazzz2007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    5,829

    Default Re: Reason for the price increase?

    You did not say anything that contradicts what I said. You essentially said the exact same thing I said, but in different words.

  8. #38
    Coachella Junkie PlayaDelWes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Posts
    7,352

    Default Re: Reason for the price increase?

    Quote Originally Posted by crazzz2007 View Post
    False. By the time all the wristbands were mailed out, aftermarket tickets prices had pretty much come down to about face value. That means demand is approximately equal to supply.
    Yes...for the month leading up to the fest. But no when there is hype around lineup time. Must consider timing as well. Demand has outpaced supply months in advance while housing is still available, groups are able to plan together, and there's always that option to sell your ticket later.
    Quote Originally Posted by dj12inches View Post
    What makes me qualified? I've watched EVERY fucking episode of American Idol, and every single episode of The Voice...Forget that I won departmental music awards when I was in the 8th grade choir.

  9. #39
    Member insbordnat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    In a blazing inferno
    Posts
    1,809

    Default Re: Reason for the price increase?

    Quote Originally Posted by crazzz2007 View Post
    False. By the time all the wristbands were mailed out, aftermarket tickets prices had pretty much come down to about face value. That means demand is approximately equal to supply.
    That's not true either. We're only talking about the prices set by GV (primary market). If demand is high enough, they can charge more, irrespective of whether its scalpers or concert goers. The secondary market prices are a different story. The frenzy that exists at the date of sale, the fear of selling out, etc. will all drive ticket prices higher.
    northside groove...southside groove....eastside groove...westside groove

  10. #40
    Peaceful Oasis TomAz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Zenith, Winnemac
    Posts
    40,861

    Default Re: Reason for the price increase?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wonderbot View Post
    Working on two reasons, which both make sense to me...

    1) They want to book a band with a very high price...
    2) They're making up the money from purchasing the polo fields.

    It's probably #2...
    The reason there is a price increase is that GV is charging more.

    Anything beyond that, you are overthinking it.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

  11. #41
    Coachella Junkie PlayaDelWes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Posts
    7,352

    Default Re: Reason for the price increase?

    Overthinking things on this message board stops now.

    Only Tom is shall determine the right amount of think.
    Quote Originally Posted by dj12inches View Post
    What makes me qualified? I've watched EVERY fucking episode of American Idol, and every single episode of The Voice...Forget that I won departmental music awards when I was in the 8th grade choir.

  12. #42
    Peaceful Oasis TomAz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Zenith, Winnemac
    Posts
    40,861

    Default Re: Reason for the price increase?

    Quote Originally Posted by crazzz2007 View Post
    False. By the time all the wristbands were mailed out, aftermarket tickets prices had pretty much come down to about face value. That means demand is approximately equal to supply.
    Your logic is sound but I am not sure the data supports your assertion. I sold my extra VIP wristband for about 150% of face about two weeks before wknd 1.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

  13. #43
    Member elChurro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Empire Polo Grounds, Indio Ca.
    Posts
    1,185

    Default Re: Reason for the price increase?

    It's to pay for all the free passes the reality show celebrities get, in return for more coverage.

  14. #44
    Member Tikiman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Anywhere but here
    Posts
    182

    Default Re: Reason for the price increase?

    Heck, I'm just wondering if they're selling the tickets early so they can invest that money until next year. Even with a 5% return they'll make mucho buckos.

  15. #45
    Lurker
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Somewhere in LA
    Posts
    18

    Default Re: Reason for the price increase?

    New for 2013, the price you see is what you pay — prices reflect all fees included.

    -KROQ
    haha

  16. #46
    Pedley Rocks JustSteve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    the Beach of Newport
    Posts
    12,130

    Default Re: Reason for the price increase?

    Quote Originally Posted by elChurro View Post
    It's to pay for all the free passes the reality show celebrities get, in return for more coverage.
    they don't get free passes. shit, my friend is the guy who runs the festival and i don't get in free. comps are a thing of the past.

  17. #47
    Member philabuster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    143

    Default Re: Reason for the price increase?

    I just hope they don't raise the price of a bottle of water

  18. #48
    Member elChurro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Empire Polo Grounds, Indio Ca.
    Posts
    1,185

    Default Re: Reason for the price increase?

    Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    they don't get free passes. shit, my friend is the guy who runs the festival and i don't get in free. comps are a thing of the past.
    "Celebrity" being a key word, I'm guessing you're not. Maybe you should talk to my friend at Capitol, he'll get you in.

  19. #49
    Member elChurro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Empire Polo Grounds, Indio Ca.
    Posts
    1,185

    Default Re: Reason for the price increase?

    Some greedy Indio official is proposing an increase sales tax on all festivals (meaning Coachella) if they get their way expect a increase in ticket prices.

  20. #50

    Default Re: Reason for the price increase?

    becausez youlzz payz

  21. #51

    Default Re: Reason for the price increase?

    Does anyone here understand the concept of inflation?

  22. #52
    Member ialvarado2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    926

    Default Re: Reason for the price increase?

    Two words: inflation.
    OutKast-TheKnife-Replacements-theGlitchMob-JagwarMa-Shlohmo-MSMR-AntiFlag-CaravanPalace-GabbaGabbaHeys-EllieGoulding-NekoC-AFI-Bonobo-theCult-Bastille

    QOTSA-Lorde-PetShopBoys-MGMT-EmpireOfTheSun-CageTheElephant-Chvrches-CapitalCities-Temples-Naked&Famous-Mogwai-HolyGhost-WhiteLies-theInternet-LauraMvula-

    ArcadeFire-Beck-NMH-Disclosure-LanaDelRey-Motörhead-LittleDragon-ToyDolls-1975-Krewella-Fishbone-TromboneShorty-ArtDept-Bombino-BadManners-SurferBlood-BoNingen-JRoddy-FactoyFloor

  23. #53
    Milkshake suprefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Burbank CA
    Posts
    43,940

    Default Re: Reason for the price increase?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wonderbot View Post
    Working on two reasons, which both make sense to me...

    1) They want to book a band with a very high price...
    2) They're making up the money from purchasing the polo fields.

    It's probably #2...
    Cause a $20 increase since 2007 is soooooooooooooooooo insane?

Similar Threads

  1. 3 Day Pass + Car Camping = $415. $40 increase
    By frizbee9 in forum Questions
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-21-2011, 09:38 AM
  2. Increase in # of idiots/douche bags this year
    By RisforRufus in forum Past Experiences
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 04-25-2009, 04:03 PM
  3. Replies: 18
    Last Post: 04-23-2009, 01:11 AM
  4. hotel rates ^ increase
    By DaKINe in forum Music Lounge
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 05-24-2007, 06:54 PM
  5. Replies: 25
    Last Post: 04-11-2007, 11:17 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •