Thread: Sahara 2012: The year in review

malcolmjamalaweful malcolmjama1awesome's Avatar

Default Sahara 2012: The year in review

I think most of you will concur with the assessment that the Sahara tent (and a couple select acts in the Mohave) had a down year. While you can't blame Goldenvoice for following the trends of electronic dance music and ensuring a popular lineup that will sell tickets. Bottom line is I go to Coachella to RAVE MY DICK OFF. Some of these acts left something to be desired. Starting from the top:

Modeselektor: Possibly the only act I was able to rave my dick off to the entire weekend. Total dick detachment.
    Sub Focus: While a good set, I wouldn't say I raved my dick off for this late Saturday set. Ball dropping for sure, but my dick remained firmly attached.
    Aviici: I was unable to "get a good feeling" at this set because I was completely unable to rave my dick off. In fact, my dick remained firmly planted in place.
    Calvin Harris: I "felt so close" to my dick during this set. Raving my dick off was not even an option.

I'll update this after getting some feedback but I am curious as to how the rest of your dicks fared while raving.

Default Re: Sahara 2012: The year in review

give it up already

It's as if almost every other board member could do a better job than you at this, but hasn't yet.

9/12: Shifted @ Mercer
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/3-5: Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival
    10/4: Ought @ BoH
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

i lulled a lil
    MY NEW 2014 COACHELECTRO MIX! 58 of This Years Artists In Just 50 Minutes! FREE DOWNLOAD!
    https://soundcloud.com/taktik-3/the-...coachelectro-2

Lorena Bobbitt could definitely rave a dick off better than the Sahara 2012 lineup.
    2004, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2012b, 2013a, 2014a

If you're going to impersonate him and not use any italics in your post you're doing it wrong.

Also, not sure which are worse, this guys posts or the real one's...

guy's

9/12: Shifted @ Mercer
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/3-5: Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival
    10/4: Ought @ BoH
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

Both are terrible, but I'll give the slight edge to the impersonator.

Coachella Junkie malcolmjamalawesome's Avatar

Agreed.
    Quote Originally Posted by ruetheday View Post
    I don't fucking care. I don't even know who the hell Dave Wang is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devin the Dude View Post
    you used to be that guy that just Dave Wang's everybody. that guy. he's gone now, and whoever you really are showed up, and that was utter disappointment.

Lurker

Exclamation Re: Sahara 2012: The year in review

I completely agree, Modselektor is just awesome, they didnt play the exact same set like every other Dj did who headlined the sahara tent at coachella. there were a few who did not play the same exact shit as everyone else, but they were few and far between. Who the F is the Stage Manager? I heard the same 4 to 5 songs, (some the same version) played in DJs sets back to back djs, every day for all three days.like i was listening to the same cd on repeat. One dj PLAYED THE EXACT SAME SET as the group hes in played the night before on the main stage... almost to a T.... he got paid? why? fml. Fricken ridiculous! I have been at coachella 11 years except for last year. I have never experienced that in all my years attending coachella or any party. such a let down. it was like listening to a crappy radio station play top 40s BS and that were played out already... . One thing I loved about Coachella prior years is listening to every Djs Individual and unique sets, playing different songs than the DJS before them. finding out about new tunes that are amazing.Not this year, it was EMBARRASSING!!!!! the Djs didnt care to put in work for originality... Shit happens, hopefully someone who is music director or whoever is responsible for hiring djs or acts for the sahara tent knows that it was whack! if not that person needs to either be replaced or have a panel of advisers.. Its not like they needed commercial djs to sell tickets. so what the Frick? I will still go hoping that this year was just a hiccup. please coachella, if your gonna pay DJs to represent your festival make sure they are as awesome as the many amazing years before or that they give a fuck about performing at your festival.

Coachella Junkie malcolmjamalawesome's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BebeInStereo View Post
    I completely agree, Modselektor is just awesome, they didnt play the exact same set like every other Dj did who headlined the sahara tent at coachella. there were a few who did not play the same exact shit as everyone else, but they were few and far between. Who the F is the Stage Manager? I heard the same 4 to 5 songs, (some the same version) played in DJs sets back to back djs, every day for all three days.like i was listening to the same cd on repeat. One dj PLAYED THE EXACT SAME SET as the group hes in played the night before on the main stage... almost to a T.... he got paid? why? fml. Fricken ridiculous! I have been at coachella 11 years except for last year. I have never experienced that in all my years attending coachella or any party. such a let down. it was like listening to a crappy radio station play top 40s BS and that were played out already... . One thing I loved about Coachella prior years is listening to every Djs Individual and unique sets, playing different songs than the DJS before them. finding out about new tunes that are amazing.Not this year, it was EMBARRASSING!!!!! the Djs didnt care to put in work for originality... Shit happens, hopefully someone who is music director or whoever is responsible for hiring djs or acts for the sahara tent knows that it was whack! if not that person needs to either be replaced or have a panel of advisers.. Its not like they needed commercial djs to sell tickets. so what the Frick? I will still go hoping that this year was just a hiccup. please coachella, if your gonna pay DJs to represent your festival make sure they are as awesome as the many amazing years before or that they give a fuck about performing at your festival.
    Tell me more about this stage manager.
    Quote Originally Posted by ruetheday View Post
    I don't fucking care. I don't even know who the hell Dave Wang is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devin the Dude View Post
    you used to be that guy that just Dave Wang's everybody. that guy. he's gone now, and whoever you really are showed up, and that was utter disappointment.

Lurker

???

trakball

Bebe, you're being trolled. The guy who started this thread doesn't give a shit.

Lurker

I DONT GIVE A SHIT ABOUT THE DUDE WHO STARTED THE PAGE... JUST VENTING About the topic. Cuz I give a shit about the music. Its been on my mind...

trakball

I hear ya, I'm just trying to clarify shit for ya.

You should go to the Do-Lab for better beats, next year.

Lurker

i appreciate the heads up, do-lab i love!! I did go and you are right, it was way better...

Zedd was awesome. So was Feed me.
    Coachella 2011 2012 and soon to be 2013

Shut your mouth before I put my detached dick in it
    Quote Originally Posted by bdb23 View Post
    but dude, these guys are talking about wizards piss, they're already in danger mode.

Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjama1awesome View Post
    While you can't blame Goldenvoice for following the trends of electronic dance music and ensuring a popular lineup that will sell tickets.
    lol invisible text

Was in the beer garden for Alesso and Ingrossos sets, wandered by SHM, as well as spent a few minutes saving some friends from Levicii... I'm convinced they all played the exact same songs, just in a different order. That's what all the kids want to hear though, right?

Wish I would've been in sahara for the stabbing during Doctor Bro and Flux Brovillion. Now that's what I call RAGING.
    Quote Originally Posted by sonicc View Post
    Fuck "themule"