Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: BLUR for 2013

Default Re: BLUR for 2013

Probably an Oasis fan.
    8/20 SISU and Tanlines @ Sayers Club, 8/21 The Zombies @ Santa Monica Pier, 8/23-24 FYF Fest, 9/10 Swans @ Roxy, 9/18 Neutral Milk Hotel & Daniel Johnston @ Hollywood Bowl, 9/19 Tokimonsta @ El Rey, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/3-4 Desert Stars, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater, 10/22-25 CMJ, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale

Quote Originally Posted by Boourns View Post
    Probably an Oasis fan.

Dead >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> watching Blur>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>watching Oasis>>>>>>>>>>>>watching butthurt Blur fangirls cry like cunts.

And then top it off by seeing douchetwats with thousands and thousands of useless bullshit posts whine about anyone else doing something "over and over again."

Extra crunchy.

If being dead is so great, why are you still here?
    8/20 SISU and Tanlines @ Sayers Club, 8/21 The Zombies @ Santa Monica Pier, 8/23-24 FYF Fest, 9/10 Swans @ Roxy, 9/18 Neutral Milk Hotel & Daniel Johnston @ Hollywood Bowl, 9/19 Tokimonsta @ El Rey, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/3-4 Desert Stars, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater, 10/22-25 CMJ, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale

Quote Originally Posted by Boourns View Post
    If being dead is so great, why are you still here?
    To ref the cock-sucking contest between Blur and your dad. Close call so far.

I think Blur will come out ahead in the end, thanks to Alex being so used to the smell of cheese by now, but dad has been known to surprise.

old school

Quote Originally Posted by Bumblebee View Post
    I'd take the BLUR catalog over the Gorillaz catalog in a second. IMO, it has more "hits", despite US chart rankings.

Though I will acknowledge that Gorillaz worked much better as a concept in a live setting, whereas BLUR never seemed hit it out of the park as a live act.
    Quote Originally Posted by wunderbrad55 View Post
    Tell that to them....

Interesting that you chose a clip where Damon does less singing that the guest or crowd. I watched the full Hyde Park 2009 DVD this month with a friend and was reminded why I liked the singles 10-15 years ago but skipped the shows in Vancouver(never graduating from the 1,000 seater in 4-5 appearances here). Though the possibility of seeing them in April on the polo fields would be a priority that day.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimesceneCookie View Post
    Where they are on the poster is irrelevant. The only important thing is that they are on the poster.
    Looking forward to hearing a bunch of those songs.
    Whether or not they get 45 minutes, 60 minute or a 75 minute set is irrelevant to you?

I'd take the BLUR catalog over the Gorillaz catalog in a second. IMO, it has more "hits", despite US chart rankings.

Though I will acknowledge that Gorillaz worked much better as a concept in a live setting, whereas BLUR never seemed hit it out of the park as a live act.
    really? i thought gorillaz absolutely sucked live. blur gigs were always fun!

i'm really hoping blur do some shows around north america in march/april since they have that mexico date already booked.
    it's not the band i hate, it's their fans.

Interesting that you chose a clip where Damon does less singing that the guest or crowd. I watched the full Hyde Park 2009 DVD this month with a friend and was reminded why I liked the singles 10-15 years ago but skipped the shows in Vancouver(never graduating from the 1,000 seater in 4-5 appearances here). Though the possibility of seeing them in April on the polo fields would be a priority that day.
    Just to sum up, you realized that you like a few of their songs (but not many), and didn't like them enough to pay 30 bucks to see them locally several years ago. Despite this apathy towards Blur in general, you'd make them a PRIORITY over god knows how many other bands, were they to play Coachella.

You are the fucking worst.
    Quote Originally Posted by baily View Post
    Eat a dick on that or did I make too much sense for your mind to take

old school

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Farnsworth View Post
    Just to sum up, you realized that you like a few of their songs (but not many), and didn't like them enough to pay 30 bucks to see them locally several years ago. Despite this apathy towards Blur in general, you'd make them a PRIORITY over god knows how many other bands, were they to play Coachella.

You are the fucking worst.
    I'm drawn by the Coxon stuff, so the 2003 tour was out. Would've needed fake ID to get into the late 90's shows since they were 19+ venues.

Those early 90's shows had issues with drinking. One of the Vancouver shows had a venue tech tie their shoes before the show they were too shitfaced to do it themselves.

I'm drawn by the Coxon stuff, so the 2003 tour was out. Would've needed fake ID to get into the late 90's shows since they were 19+ venues.

Those early 90's shows had issues with drinking. One of the Vancouver shows had a venue tech tie their shoes before the show they were too shitfaced to do it themselves.
    There's a chaaaaaaaaance Graham may have a solo spot as well.
    99 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13!

Thanks for The Stone Roses and blur!!! Totally Enormous Extinct Dinosaurs, Electrelane, Dum Dum Girls, SISU, HUM, American Analog Set, Unrest, Lush, Inspiral Carpets, th' faith healers and Chavez for 2014 please!

I'm dubious, but I'd be totally on board with that.
    Quote Originally Posted by garspaceman View Post
    well hello my fancy pants.

Quote Originally Posted by tigermilkboy View Post
    Only trouble with blur in the US is that 90% of the crowd are there for 'Song 2'.
    this always happens. last year, the best representation of this was gotye's "something that i used to know." it's especially crazy evident when the song is smack in the middle of the set list and over 50% of the crowd leaves after hearing it. i wonder what it must feel like to to the artist seeing over half of the crowd disappear after a song.

Quote Originally Posted by concertgoer View Post
    Fuck em. Plenty of real Blur fans would be at the set.
    i wasn't a die hard pulp fan, but really got into them after they announced their coachella gig - listened to them a shitload. i was 20 feet from the stage during their set was there was no one else i really cared to see at that time, so when the letters began to light up, i actually got teary-eyed - i was overwhelmed with the realization that i was about to see them this close. the people around me that sang ever single word and would react after they started every song made for great company. the immediate radius of people around you during a show affect it so much (especially when you're 5'5" like me).

Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    i imagine that the crowd would be just as big as pulp's crowd was this year, and they're even less known here than blur.
    agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by Coachella Bound View Post
    Blur had 3 or 4 huge hits here in the states.... and yes they would headline.
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    I don't remember ever hearing a Pulp song on the radio -- at least Blur had that one hit.
    amount of hits ≠ headline status; i.e. tool, arcade fire, björk are not radio favorites with multiple "hits." it really depends on your local radio station. being in southern california, mainstream radio rarely plays these aforementioned artists.

Quote Originally Posted by Coachella Bound View Post
    your argument is just as void as mine.... we're arguing statistics from almost a decade ago. Things have changed.... but until a new tour is announced, if ever, then this conversation is simply speculation.
    what else is new/

Quote Originally Posted by far gone and out View Post
    really? i thought gorillaz absolutely sucked live. blur gigs were always fun!
    opinion. i was one of the people that really enjoyed gorillaz in 2010. again, i'm not a huge fan, but seeing the people go bat-shit crazy when they played feel good inc., (a song i don't particularly care for) was awesome. AND they didn't even play my favorite song during their set, DARE.
    Jagwar Ma ● the Knife ● GOAT ● the Preatures ● Bo Ningen ● Woodkid ● QOTSA ● Foxygen ● Little Dragon
    DARKSIDE ● Lorde ● Temples ● Factory Floor ● Banks ● Duck Sauce ● Grouplove ● Pet Shop Boys
    ††† ● OutKast ● Muse ● Mogwai ● Austra ● CHVRCHES ● Syd Arthur ● J. Roddy Watson & the Business

wishlist, still: wishlist, still: missy elliot●oingo boingo●talking heads●grace jones●george clinton●fiona apple
    sweat.x●jamiroquai●space●hooverphonic●los fabulosos cadillacs●la santa cecilia

Don't we all feel silly now? SO EXCITED. Although confused about blur and Stone Roses flip flopping on the poster all the time. True co-headliner?
    99 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13!

Thanks for The Stone Roses and blur!!! Totally Enormous Extinct Dinosaurs, Electrelane, Dum Dum Girls, SISU, HUM, American Analog Set, Unrest, Lush, Inspiral Carpets, th' faith healers and Chavez for 2014 please!

The more I think about it, the more I'm ecstatic that they're headlining. They were always in my top-5 "must have" acts at Coachella, but the fact that they're headlining means they'll (ostensibly) get the longest amount of time possible to play.
    Quote Originally Posted by baily View Post
    Eat a dick on that or did I make too much sense for your mind to take

Is Lou Reed going to play the same time as Blur or The Stone Roses?

Not too sure how it totally works for the 2nd line