Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lake Eldorado 2013 refresh your cache

Default Lake Eldorado 2013 refresh your cache

Can this be true?

Lake Eldorado Teepee (2 person) Secluded onsite camping area includes separate check-in location, a kick ass tee pee style tent with air conditioning, private restrooms & showers, free private parking lot for 1 car, drop off area, breakfast and late night snacks, added security, outdoor chairs, shade tents + outdoor lighting & more. Price INCLUDES 2 GA festival passes.
    $2000 (+ additional charge for international shipping)

Default Re: Lake Eldorado 2013 = Air conditioning?

Quote Originally Posted by ummnosir View Post
    Can this be true?

Lake Eldorado Teepee (2 person) Secluded onsite camping area includes separate check-in location, a kick ass tee pee style tent with air conditioning, private restrooms & showers, free private parking lot for 1 car, drop off area, breakfast and late night snacks, added security, outdoor chairs, shade tents + outdoor lighting & more. Price INCLUDES 2 GA festival passes.
    I know it's hard to believe now, what, with all the hot air blowing across the board right now...
    Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

Think the Safari Tents have always had air conditioning.

^ that is what I was thinking.
    Quote Originally Posted by involvelemons View Post
    Silent discos are like having sex with a virgin: really exciting in theory, extremely awkward in execution.
    Quote Originally Posted by BROKENDOLL View Post
    I bet Cara's gotten enough Twats on a Platter and Dick on a Stick to open her own Trolls to Go snack shop.

Safari tents always had air conditioning and the El Dorado have never (to my knowledge).

Deal-maker for sure... Air conditioned tents would make the price so worth it.

Yes Stickjohn they have. This isn't about Safari tents though.

ha ha it is NOW.

Does anybody have pictures of the Lake Eldorado tents? I'm considering this option for next year...
    Let's go on a livin' spree!

I'll see if I thought to take pics of anything, but I will say the tiny pic on Coachella.com is misleading - the tents have no floor and the grass was not the best... It was Weekend 2 though, so it was likely nicer the first weekend. Cots also weren't very comfortable, but manageable. Space-wise it was great. The tepees looked pretty small, but all the tents were rather spacious and all the same size (and meant for 4 people), probably why they're doing away with the 2-person tent option next year.
    2004, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2012b, 2013a, 2014a

The teepees were huge for 2 people. I agree they really should have a tarp flooring, the dusty/dead grass sucked and got over everything.

Showers/privacy/quiet were all amazing though.

Oh cool, it was hard to tell from the outside what the tepees were like. Showers were great.. I was initially mortified to see the SINGLE shower trailer, but the entire el dorado site seemed to be rather heavily undersold. I think my longest wait for a shower was around 10 or 15 minutes.

I didn't snap any pics of the tents unfortunately. They were spacious and tall though. And the sides could be partially disconnected for better airflow, too. That really didn't prevent them from becoming death ovens as early as 7:30am though. Just plan on getting up early or finding shade elsewhere to lay down in. Overall the experience there was pleasurable and I'm definitely doing it again for '13.

when it says "private restrooms and showers", does that mean each tent has its own, or the eldorado area has it's own private shitters, but you share with the rest of the eldorado campers? and are they porta potties? or nicer trailers?

thanks for all the info so far!

Quote Originally Posted by microcuts View Post
    And the sides could be partially disconnected for better airflow, too. That really didn't prevent them from becoming death ovens as early as 7:30am though. Just plan on getting up early or finding shade elsewhere to lay down in. Overall the experience there was pleasurable and I'm definitely doing it again for '13.
    so do you think now that they have AC will the sides of the tent be different so you can seal in the cold air?

They don't have AC, typo on the initial pre-sale info. (PF said this Monday)

Quote Originally Posted by Sexecutioner View Post
    when it says "private restrooms and showers", does that mean each tent has its own, or the eldorado area has it's own private shitters, but you share with the rest of the eldorado campers? and are they porta potties? or nicer trailers?
    Private insofar as just private from the rest of tent/car camping. There were porta potties by the entrance/exit, as well as some by the showers and sinks (at the other end of the lake). Also indoor restroom trailer for both sexes with flushable toilets, which apparently had A/C. I never bothered to check it out but was told it was nice.

*edit - yeah, BIG typo re: A/C... Dani had edited my thread title in the Questions forum but must have missed this one. Only the $6,500 for 2/ +$1,500 for each additional person Safari Tents will have the fabled A/C, beds, and complimentary breakfast...
    Last edited by microcuts; 05-15-2012 at 09:25 PM.

This sounds awesome. Unfortunately it's out of my price range.

damn, that IS a big typo. i was thinkin that sounded great, but no AC pretty much kills it for me.

Default Re: Lake Eldorado 2013 refresh your cache

text is correct live on the internet, update your cache. there are also new Q/A and other useful info.
    .................................................. ..............
    She added the phrase "meany head" to my profile.
    I hardly think I'm an attention whore.
    I train birds of prey and am I licensed falconer

Thanks, Dani!

I think El Dorado Teepees still have a minor typo though, it is described as a 10x13 tent which is the same dimensions as the 4-person tents.

should it say some form of pi because its round?

Quote Originally Posted by psychic friend View Post
    should it say some form of pi because its round?
    And we'd have to calculate the final area ourselves? What the fuck are we paying 3 grand for if I have to multiply things by pi.

That's it. Goodbye Coachella. This, in addition to the 29 dollar up in ticket prices? Never again. Fuck you GV

yummmm pie

I think Dani just confirmed Kate Bush since she has a song called Pi. You heard it here first.

We've done El Dorado twice now and are going to do it again come tomorrow morning. This year you had one shower trailer per gender (2011 was one trailer split in half), which meant the only time I waited for a shower was the time when the guy in the front of the line didn't realize there were five stalls open. The toilets are a mix of a ton of portapotties, and one air conditioned trailer per gender which had like two stalls and two urinals or something. Plenty of charging stations.

The four person tents are big. Cots are kind of "meh", but whatever. Teepees next to the lake with the mountain in the back is a gorgeous backdrop for daytime. The thing I like about El Dorado is that it is just enough luxury to make it a substantial step above car camping, but is still "rough" enough that it feels like Coachella (unlike, I'm sure, the Safari tents). People are almost exclusively mid 20s, and very friendly. Lots of hanging out during the day. Tons of international groups.

It costs about as much as a hotel, which is admittedly more luxurious, but at the end of the day the hotel isn't seven minutes from the Coachella entrance. To me it is the perfect mix of ambiance, location, and comfort.

Do El Dorado campers bring shade canopies, or is there a central shady area?

was that guy kidding? it was a pie joke. i will find out the circumference. sheesh. who doesnt love pi jokes?

i love pi jokes.

and pi in general really.

Quote Originally Posted by Stickjohn View Post
    Do El Dorado campers bring shade canopies, or is there a central shady area?
    There isn't really a central shady area, but in our "alley" of maybe 40-50 tents, I only remember a handful of shape canopies (two from one group, and one from another). But you can bet they made the most friends. We just sat out in the sun. Then again, this was Weekend 1, I remember in 2011 we resolved to bring a shade canopy the next year.

ok i got the updated info. spots are bigger! and i got the circumference for the tee pees

Lake Eldorado Tent (4 person) Secluded onsite camping area includes separate check-in location. Spots include a fully pitched and "ready to go" 12x14 foot safari-styled tent equipped with 4 cots, 4 sleeping bags and 4 Pillows. 18 + over only. Includes free overnight parking for 1 car. Includes 4 GA festival passes.
    $3400 (+ additional charge for international shipping)

Lake Eldorado Tent VIP (4 person) Secluded onsite camping area includes separate check-in location. Spots include a fully pitched and "ready to go" 12x14 foot safari-styled tent equipped with 4 cots, 4 sleeping bags and 4 pillows. 18 + over only. Includes free overnight parking for 1 car. Includes 4 VIP festival passes.
    $5200 (+ additional charge for international shipping)

*Lake Eldorado Teepee (2 person)
    Secluded onsite camping area includes separate check-in location. Spots include a fully pitched and "ready to go" kick ass tee pee style tent with a 16 foot diameter equipped with 2 cots, 2 sleeping bags and 2 pillows. Price INCLUDES 2 GA festival passes.

*Lake Eldorado Teepee VIP (2 person)
    Secluded onsite camping area includes separate check-in location. Spots include a fully pitched and "ready to go" kick ass tee pee style tent with a 16 foot diameter equipped with 2 cots, 2 sleeping bags and 2 pillows. Price INCLUDES 2 VIP festival passes.
    $2900 (+ additional charge for international shipping)

DOUBLE CHECK ONE LAST TIME DURING THE PURCHASE PROCESS ON FRONT GATE