Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: 350$???

Default Re: 350$???

God. It's like trying to teach a donkey to speak.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

The murder capital where we murder for capital

Wait guys, let me go get my statement and see what I paid and we can compare that to the prices for Thursday. Then once we know the difference we can spread it out over 8 payments and then we can all say "hey look it's only a few dollars more" so everyone will shut up. Then we can do that a few more times until we have it all figured out enough. Then we can argue about people who are arguing about the prices and tell them to stfu because Coachella already costs 50 million dollars anyway so nobody cares about another $10 or $30.

Jeeeeeezus GAWWWWWDddd.

At no time on any day during Coachella shall more than ninety five thousand (95,000) persons, including Event Personnel, Contractor/Promoter personell, artists, complimentary persons, vendors, and patrons, be present at the Venue. In effect, this figure represents the maximum all inclusive capacity of the Venue for these Special Events. This same condition shall apply to Stagecoach, but the persons present shall be capped at sixty-five thousand (65,000) per day.

http://76.79.137.55/pub_weblink/DocV...id=9952&dbid=1
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

In the contract for 2012 and 2013 (signed October 2011 after the presale), GV agreed to

a) Donate $300,000 to the city for street improvements
    b) Increase the deposit to the city from $900,000k to $1,600,000
    c) Pay the city $2.33 per ticket sold

Between A and B, that's an extra $1 million. Plus if they owe the city an extra $2.33 per ticket sold, that's another $375k a year that goes to the city. There's part of the reason for your price increase right there.
    Last edited by captncrzy; 05-15-2012 at 12:57 PM.

Is anyone else bothered by the "350$" notation? I find that more irksome that I probably should.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    To you guys I say Wat?????????? Off to ?????? ....... cr****
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    It's hard to argue with that.

90,000 tickets x $346.67= 31.2 million doll hairs before expenses paid by GV.

We'll say roughly 30 million before they start to pay for talent and freshers lemonaid.

Do they get a concession cut? How much does Heini pay them? I WANT ANSWERS!
    Last edited by faxman75; 05-15-2012 at 12:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    THE CAPACITY IS STILL SET AT A CERTAIN NUMBER YOU FUCKING FOOL.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumblebee View Post
    An official statement from the Indio police department begs to differ.

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/lo...148020395.html

From billboard last year:

Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival: Kanye West, Arcade Fire, Chemical Brothers, The Strokes, Animal Collective, Kings of Leon and others
    Empire Polo Field
    Indio, Calif.
    April 15-17, 2011
    $24,993,698
    75,000 /
    3 /
    $699, $269

Number of people allowed onsite is still around 85,000, but those extra bodies were working/volunteers/guestlists. Did they tighten up and simply made more people pay?

I've seen several casual media mentions that paid sales were around 85k per weekend. I've seen no offical source from last week nor when they sold out in January that sales were capped at 75k. IIRC, there were some public documents from Indio City hall detailing how GVs permit allows 90k on the festival ground.
    Jesus Mary Mother of Christ you are stupid. Jen said THE CAPACITY IS STILL SET AT A CERTAIN NUMBER. arguing about what the number is in no way constitutes a rebuttal of her statement. it just makes you look like an assclown.

God. It's like trying to teach a donkey to speak.
    Not only did i laugh out loud, i choked on my phlegm. brava.

Guys shhhoosh for a minute. I'm trying to do math here.

So, if I carry the 2 and then oh wait, what if they do charge for parking this year? What about all that profit from tent campers and companion passes? Oh fuck. See, now I have to start over. I know that giant observation wheel wasn't cheap either.

old school

At no time on any day during Coachella shall more than ninety five thousand (95,000) persons, including Event Personnel, Contractor/Promoter personell, artists, complimentary persons, vendors, and patrons, be present at the Venue. In effect, this figure represents the maximum all inclusive capacity of the Venue for these Special Events. This same condition shall apply to Stagecoach, but the persons present shall be capped at sixty-five thousand (65,000) per day.

http://76.79.137.55/pub_weblink/DocV...id=9952&dbid=1
    With some off hand remarks on this forum about limited freebie to bands and a Police figure, leads me to believe GV increased number of tickets sold to the public.

Billboard publishes the ticket gross/attendance in about a month or so.

Quote Originally Posted by SassmouthKatie View Post
    GENERAL ADMISSION FESTIVAL PASS Qty: 2
    APR 20 - 22 Empire Polo Club (Indio, CA) Doors at 11:00AM PDT
    PRICE/SECTION QUANTITY PRICE EA SUBTOTAL
    3-Day Pass Gen Adm (2) $281.00 $562.00
    There is a $12.00 $9.00 Facility + $3.00 Charity included in the base price of each ticket.
    DELIVERY Mail (UPS Shipping) SERVICE CHARGES $58.00
    SUBTOTAL $620.00
    DELIVERY $10.00
    ORDER TOTAL $630.00 PAYMENT INFORMATION
    Pay 10% today, and the balance will be charged in 8 payments on the first of the month. Payments will occur every month from July until February.
    PAYMENT PLAN DATE STATUS AMOUNT PAYMENTS
    Deposit Jun 3, 2011 PAID $72.00 $72.00
    Payment 1 Jul 1, 2011 PAID $68.20 $68.20
    Payment 2 Aug 1, 2011 PAID $68.20 $68.20
    Payment 3 Sep 1, 2011 PAID $68.20 $68.20
    Payment 4 Oct 3, 2011 PAID $68.20 $68.20
    Payment 5 Nov 1, 2011 PAID $68.20 $68.20
    Payment 6 Dec 1, 2011 PAID $68.20 $68.20
    Payment 7 Jan 3, 2012 PAID $68.20 $68.20
    Payment 8 Feb 1, 2012 PAID $80.60 $80.60
    BALANCE DUE $0.00
    I've never done layaway before...can someone explain two things?

1) How the 10% deposit of $72 here was derived from the order total of $630, unless they elected to put more than 10% down
    2) Why the final payment 8 is always more than 1-7. I don't see why they aren't just spread out equally.

Quote Originally Posted by xuclarockerx View Post

1) How the 10% deposit of $72 here was derived from the order total of $630, unless they elected to put more than 10% down
    2) Why the final payment 8 is always more than 1-7. I don't see why they aren't just spread out equally.
    This really fucks with your monthly budget, doesn't it.
    Quote Originally Posted by dj12inches View Post
    What makes me qualified? I've watched EVERY fucking episode of American Idol, and every single episode of The Voice...Forget that I won departmental music awards when I was in the 8th grade choir.

I believe now you pay 20% down instead of 10%
    With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams; it is still a beautiful world.
    Coachella: 08, 09, 10, 11, 12w1, 12w2, 13w1, 14w2
    Lollapalooza: 08,10,11,12
    Burning Man: 08,10

old school

Quote Originally Posted by faxman75 View Post
    90,000 tickets x $346.67= 31.2 million doll hairs before expenses paid by GV.
    2011:
    11,250 VIP passes
    63,750 regular passes

Quote Originally Posted by PlayaDelWes View Post
    This really fucks with your monthly budget, doesn't it.
    Considering I've never elected to use the "Coachella Purchase Plan" as stated above...not really, no.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderbot View Post
    I believe now you pay 20% down instead of 10%
    This is true.
    Last edited by ocbruin84; 05-15-2012 at 01:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by xuclarockerx View Post

1. the deposit was 10% down of order total plus shipping. order total 620, 10% is 62 + 10 shipping = 72
    2. no idea, lol
    .................................................. ..............
    She added the phrase "meany head" to my profile.
    I hardly think I'm an attention whore.
    I train birds of prey and am I licensed falconer

Quote Originally Posted by SassmouthKatie View Post

$630/2 = $315 per ticket (pre-sale).... therefore $349-$315= $34 increase.
    the 2012 presale price was discounted.

the regular price would be $336 in comparison. and in comparison to 2013 price of $349 that is a $13 dollar increase.
    .................................................. ..............
    She added the phrase "meany head" to my profile.
    I hardly think I'm an attention whore.
    I train birds of prey and am I licensed falconer

trakball

Jesus, you people are insufferable. Thank fuck for the internet giving anonymous assholes a voice

Ugh, I'm starting to get pissed about the price increase now. I should probably stay out of this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by concertgoer View Post
    You better stop because he can shut down this message board with one call.

old school

Jesus Mary Mother of Christ you are stupid. Jen said THE CAPACITY IS STILL SET AT A CERTAIN NUMBER. arguing about what the number is in no way constitutes a rebuttal of her statement. it just makes you look like an assclown.
    I said GV sold 10,000 more passes per weekend than 2011. Jen disagreed. I provided a link from Indio police. No one has shown me a verifiable link that "only" 75,000 passes were sold per weekend in 2012.

I bring this up because GV has found extra revenue streams via ticket sales/VIPs and other things.

Why this is relevant to this thread is GV made a modest $30 ticket(for me) increase only because they wanted extra money that will sell out. All justifications about the extra $13-30 ticket price because of inflation, charitable donations to Indio, land purchases or potential better onsite experience, better acts, better food doesn't pass scrutiny.
    Last edited by Bumblebee; 05-15-2012 at 01:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by trakball View Post
    Jesus, you people are insufferable. Thank fuck for the internet giving anonymous assholes a voice
    A number of us know each other in person you dummy. We ain't all that anonymous with our assholeishness.

I said GV sold 10,000 more passes per weekend than 2011. Jen disagreed. I provided a link from Indio police. No one has shown me a verifiable link that "only" 75,000 passes were sold per weekend in 2012.

I bring this up because GV has found extra revenue streams via ticket sales/VIPs and other things.

Why this is relevant to this thread is GV made a modest $30 ticket(for me) increase only because they wanted extra money that will sell out. All justifications about the extra $13-30 ticket price because of inflation, charitable donations to Indio, land purchases or potential better onsite experience, better acts, better food doesn't pass scrutiny.
    It doesn't matter how many passes were sold. The same amount of people are on the field, taking up space.

This is why I hate everybody.

You're going to drive yourself crazy trying to keep up with all of these threads.

I hope Jen runs into Bumblebee at Coachella one year...
    fuck.

trakball

Quote Originally Posted by faxman75 View Post
    A number of us know each other in person you dummy. We ain't all that anonymous with our assholeishness.
    Honestly, that makes what I said even worse. A handful of assholes with tens of thousands of posts on the fucking Coachella Message Board playing grabass with their little clique of friends while being assholes to everyone outside of it.

Christ almighty, how pathetic.

WTOTY Nominee
    Quote Originally Posted by dj12inches View Post
    What makes me qualified? I've watched EVERY fucking episode of American Idol, and every single episode of The Voice...Forget that I won departmental music awards when I was in the 8th grade choir.

Seconded

How can you say this when you have no clue what the extra money is actually going towards?
    fuck.

Your mind must be like an amusement park. One of those shady ones run by questionable characters on weedy lots and you never know if the tilt-a-whirl is really safe or not.

By which I mean: You are attributing motives to GV with no information whatsoever. I don't know, and you don't know either.
    Last edited by TomAz; 05-15-2012 at 02:11 PM.