Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 210 of 650

Thread: 350$???

  1. #181
    Stage Manager captncrzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    TBD
    Posts
    19,540

    Default Re: 350$???

    God. It's like trying to teach a donkey to speak.
    Quote Originally Posted by miscorrections View Post
    I think the safest course is to assume everyone is a fucking nightmare and proceed from there.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.

  2. #182
    Coachella Junkie faxman75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    The murder capital where we murder for capital
    Posts
    27,914

    Default Re: 350$???

    Wait guys, let me go get my statement and see what I paid and we can compare that to the prices for Thursday. Then once we know the difference we can spread it out over 8 payments and then we can all say "hey look it's only a few dollars more" so everyone will shut up. Then we can do that a few more times until we have it all figured out enough. Then we can argue about people who are arguing about the prices and tell them to stfu because Coachella already costs 50 million dollars anyway so nobody cares about another $10 or $30.

    Jeeeeeezus GAWWWWWDddd.

  3. #183
    Stage Manager captncrzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    TBD
    Posts
    19,540

    Default Re: 350$???

    At no time on any day during Coachella shall more than ninety five thousand (95,000) persons, including Event Personnel, Contractor/Promoter personell, artists, complimentary persons, vendors, and patrons, be present at the Venue. In effect, this figure represents the maximum all inclusive capacity of the Venue for these Special Events. This same condition shall apply to Stagecoach, but the persons present shall be capped at sixty-five thousand (65,000) per day.

    http://76.79.137.55/pub_weblink/DocV...id=9952&dbid=1
    Quote Originally Posted by miscorrections View Post
    I think the safest course is to assume everyone is a fucking nightmare and proceed from there.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.

  4. #184
    Stage Manager captncrzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    TBD
    Posts
    19,540

    Default Re: 350$???

    In the contract for 2012 and 2013 (signed October 2011 after the presale), GV agreed to

    a) Donate $300,000 to the city for street improvements
    b) Increase the deposit to the city from $900,000k to $1,600,000
    c) Pay the city $2.33 per ticket sold

    Between A and B, that's an extra $1 million. Plus if they owe the city an extra $2.33 per ticket sold, that's another $375k a year that goes to the city. There's part of the reason for your price increase right there.
    Last edited by captncrzy; 05-15-2012 at 11:57 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by miscorrections View Post
    I think the safest course is to assume everyone is a fucking nightmare and proceed from there.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.

  5. #185
    Coachella Junkie Miroir Noir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Zip City
    Posts
    7,136

    Default Re: 350$???

    Is anyone else bothered by the "350$" notation? I find that more irksome that I probably should.
    Quote Originally Posted by sk8r408 View Post
    The word "lulzy" is offensive.

  6. #186
    Coachella Junkie faxman75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    The murder capital where we murder for capital
    Posts
    27,914

    Default Re: 350$???

    90,000 tickets x $346.67= 31.2 million doll hairs before expenses paid by GV.

    We'll say roughly 30 million before they start to pay for talent and freshers lemonaid.


    Do they get a concession cut? How much does Heini pay them? I WANT ANSWERS!
    Last edited by faxman75; 05-15-2012 at 11:57 AM.

  7. #187
    Peaceful Oasis TomAz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Gallifrey
    Posts
    39,943

    Default Re: 350$???

    Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    THE CAPACITY IS STILL SET AT A CERTAIN NUMBER YOU FUCKING FOOL.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumblebee View Post
    An official statement from the Indio police department begs to differ.

    http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/lo...148020395.html


    From billboard last year:

    Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival: Kanye West, Arcade Fire, Chemical Brothers, The Strokes, Animal Collective, Kings of Leon and others
    Empire Polo Field
    Indio, Calif.
    April 15-17, 2011
    $24,993,698
    75,000 /
    75,000
    3 /
    3
    $699, $269

    Number of people allowed onsite is still around 85,000, but those extra bodies were working/volunteers/guestlists. Did they tighten up and simply made more people pay?

    I've seen several casual media mentions that paid sales were around 85k per weekend. I've seen no offical source from last week nor when they sold out in January that sales were capped at 75k. IIRC, there were some public documents from Indio City hall detailing how GVs permit allows 90k on the festival ground.
    Jesus Mary Mother of Christ you are stupid. Jen said THE CAPACITY IS STILL SET AT A CERTAIN NUMBER. arguing about what the number is in no way constitutes a rebuttal of her statement. it just makes you look like an assclown.
    Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    HAY CAN SOMEONE DRIVE DOWN TO THE FESTIVAL GROUNDS AND SEE IF THE BEER BARN IS REALLY A BARN?

  8. #188
    Peaceful Oasis TomAz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Gallifrey
    Posts
    39,943

    Default Re: 350$???

    Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    God. It's like trying to teach a donkey to speak.
    Not only did i laugh out loud, i choked on my phlegm. brava.
    Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    HAY CAN SOMEONE DRIVE DOWN TO THE FESTIVAL GROUNDS AND SEE IF THE BEER BARN IS REALLY A BARN?

  9. #189
    Coachella Junkie faxman75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    The murder capital where we murder for capital
    Posts
    27,914

    Default Re: 350$???

    Guys shhhoosh for a minute. I'm trying to do math here.

    So, if I carry the 2 and then oh wait, what if they do charge for parking this year? What about all that profit from tent campers and companion passes? Oh fuck. See, now I have to start over. I know that giant observation wheel wasn't cheap either.

  10. #190
    old school
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    3,775

    Default Re: 350$???

    Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    At no time on any day during Coachella shall more than ninety five thousand (95,000) persons, including Event Personnel, Contractor/Promoter personell, artists, complimentary persons, vendors, and patrons, be present at the Venue. In effect, this figure represents the maximum all inclusive capacity of the Venue for these Special Events. This same condition shall apply to Stagecoach, but the persons present shall be capped at sixty-five thousand (65,000) per day.

    http://76.79.137.55/pub_weblink/DocV...id=9952&dbid=1
    With some off hand remarks on this forum about limited freebie to bands and a Police figure, leads me to believe GV increased number of tickets sold to the public.

    Billboard publishes the ticket gross/attendance in about a month or so.

  11. #191

    Default Re: 350$???

    Quote Originally Posted by SassmouthKatie View Post
    GENERAL ADMISSION FESTIVAL PASS Qty: 2
    APR 20 - 22 Empire Polo Club (Indio, CA) Doors at 11:00AM PDT
    PRICE/SECTION QUANTITY PRICE EA SUBTOTAL
    3-Day Pass Gen Adm (2) $281.00 $562.00
    There is a $12.00 $9.00 Facility + $3.00 Charity included in the base price of each ticket.
    DELIVERY Mail (UPS Shipping) SERVICE CHARGES $58.00
    SUBTOTAL $620.00
    DELIVERY $10.00
    ORDER TOTAL $630.00 PAYMENT INFORMATION
    Pay 10% today, and the balance will be charged in 8 payments on the first of the month. Payments will occur every month from July until February.
    PAYMENT PLAN DATE STATUS AMOUNT PAYMENTS
    Deposit Jun 3, 2011 PAID $72.00 $72.00
    Payment 1 Jul 1, 2011 PAID $68.20 $68.20
    Payment 2 Aug 1, 2011 PAID $68.20 $68.20
    Payment 3 Sep 1, 2011 PAID $68.20 $68.20
    Payment 4 Oct 3, 2011 PAID $68.20 $68.20
    Payment 5 Nov 1, 2011 PAID $68.20 $68.20
    Payment 6 Dec 1, 2011 PAID $68.20 $68.20
    Payment 7 Jan 3, 2012 PAID $68.20 $68.20
    Payment 8 Feb 1, 2012 PAID $80.60 $80.60
    BALANCE DUE $0.00
    I've never done layaway before...can someone explain two things?

    1) How the 10% deposit of $72 here was derived from the order total of $630, unless they elected to put more than 10% down
    2) Why the final payment 8 is always more than 1-7. I don't see why they aren't just spread out equally.

  12. #192
    Coachella Junkie PlayaDelWes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Posts
    7,165

    Default Re: 350$???

    Quote Originally Posted by xuclarockerx View Post
    I've never done layaway before...can someone explain two things?

    1) How the 10% deposit of $72 here was derived from the order total of $630, unless they elected to put more than 10% down
    2) Why the final payment 8 is always more than 1-7. I don't see why they aren't just spread out equally.
    This really fucks with your monthly budget, doesn't it.
    Friday: Aloe Blacc, ZZ Ward, Caravan Palace, MS MR, Bastille, OutKast, Grouplove, Kate Nash, HAIM, Jagwar Ma, Tom Odell, Neko Case
    Saturday
    : Chvrches, Lorde, ,Foxygen, The Naked and Famous, Pharrell Williams, Muse, Empire of the Sun, Bombay Bicycle Club, Pet Shop Boys, Saints of Valory, Temples
    Sunday: Arcade Fire, Lana Del Rey, Frank Turner, John Newman, J Roddy Walston and the Business, Superchunk, STRFKR, Neutral Milk Hotel

  13. #193
    Member Wonderbot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    1,041

    Default Re: 350$???

    I believe now you pay 20% down instead of 10%
    With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams; it is still a beautiful world.
    Coachella: 08, 09, 10, 11, 12w1, 12w2, 13w1, 14w2
    Lollapalooza: 08,10,11,12
    Burning Man: 08,10

  14. #194
    old school
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    3,775

    Default Re: 350$???

    Quote Originally Posted by faxman75 View Post
    90,000 tickets x $346.67= 31.2 million doll hairs before expenses paid by GV.
    2011:
    11,250 VIP passes
    63,750 regular passes

  15. #195

    Default Re: 350$???

    Quote Originally Posted by PlayaDelWes View Post
    This really fucks with your monthly budget, doesn't it.
    Considering I've never elected to use the "Coachella Purchase Plan" as stated above...not really, no.

    Quote Originally Posted by Wonderbot View Post
    I believe now you pay 20% down instead of 10%
    This is true.
    Last edited by xuclarockerx; 05-15-2012 at 12:24 PM.

  16. #196
    Cobra psychic friend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    valley girl
    Posts
    9,196

    Default Re: 350$???

    Quote Originally Posted by xuclarockerx View Post
    I've never done layaway before...can someone explain two things?

    1) How the 10% deposit of $72 here was derived from the order total of $630, unless they elected to put more than 10% down
    2) Why the final payment 8 is always more than 1-7. I don't see why they aren't just spread out equally.
    1. the deposit was 10% down of order total plus shipping. order total 620, 10% is 62 + 10 shipping = 72
    2. no idea, lol
    .................................................. ..............
    She added the phrase "meany head" to my profile.
    I hardly think I'm an attention whore.
    I train birds of prey and am I licensed falconer

  17. #197
    Cobra psychic friend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    valley girl
    Posts
    9,196

    Default Re: 350$???

    Quote Originally Posted by SassmouthKatie View Post

    $630/2 = $315 per ticket (pre-sale).... therefore $349-$315= $34 increase.
    the 2012 presale price was discounted.

    the regular price would be $336 in comparison. and in comparison to 2013 price of $349 that is a $13 dollar increase.
    .................................................. ..............
    She added the phrase "meany head" to my profile.
    I hardly think I'm an attention whore.
    I train birds of prey and am I licensed falconer

  18. #198
    trakball
    Guest

    Default Re: 350$???

    Jesus, you people are insufferable. Thank fuck for the internet giving anonymous assholes a voice

  19. #199
    zeezus amyzzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Arizzzona
    Posts
    40,250

    Default Re: 350$???

    Ugh, I'm starting to get pissed about the price increase now. I should probably stay out of this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by chairmenmeow47 View Post
    i fucking hate women with their lives together who try and help other people. where are the needy bitches at?!

  20. #200
    old school
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    3,775

    Default Re: 350$???

    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Jesus Mary Mother of Christ you are stupid. Jen said THE CAPACITY IS STILL SET AT A CERTAIN NUMBER. arguing about what the number is in no way constitutes a rebuttal of her statement. it just makes you look like an assclown.
    I said GV sold 10,000 more passes per weekend than 2011. Jen disagreed. I provided a link from Indio police. No one has shown me a verifiable link that "only" 75,000 passes were sold per weekend in 2012.

    I bring this up because GV has found extra revenue streams via ticket sales/VIPs and other things.

    Why this is relevant to this thread is GV made a modest $30 ticket(for me) increase only because they wanted extra money that will sell out. All justifications about the extra $13-30 ticket price because of inflation, charitable donations to Indio, land purchases or potential better onsite experience, better acts, better food doesn't pass scrutiny.
    Last edited by Bumblebee; 05-15-2012 at 12:44 PM.

  21. #201
    Coachella Junkie faxman75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    The murder capital where we murder for capital
    Posts
    27,914

    Default Re: 350$???

    Quote Originally Posted by trakball View Post
    Jesus, you people are insufferable. Thank fuck for the internet giving anonymous assholes a voice
    A number of us know each other in person you dummy. We ain't all that anonymous with our assholeishness.

  22. #202
    Stage Manager captncrzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    TBD
    Posts
    19,540

    Default Re: 350$???

    Quote Originally Posted by Bumblebee View Post
    I said GV sold 10,000 more passes per weekend than 2011. Jen disagreed. I provided a link from Indio police. No one has shown me a verifiable link that "only" 75,000 passes were sold per weekend in 2012.

    I bring this up because GV has found extra revenue streams via ticket sales/VIPs and other things.

    Why this is relevant to this thread is GV made a modest $30 ticket(for me) increase only because they wanted extra money that will sell out. All justifications about the extra $13-30 ticket price because of inflation, charitable donations to Indio, land purchases or potential better onsite experience, better acts, better food doesn't pass scrutiny.
    It doesn't matter how many passes were sold. The same amount of people are on the field, taking up space.
    Quote Originally Posted by miscorrections View Post
    I think the safest course is to assume everyone is a fucking nightmare and proceed from there.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.

  23. #203
    Stage Manager captncrzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    TBD
    Posts
    19,540

    Default Re: 350$???

    This is why I hate everybody.
    Quote Originally Posted by miscorrections View Post
    I think the safest course is to assume everyone is a fucking nightmare and proceed from there.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.

  24. #204
    Coachella Junkie Miroir Noir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Zip City
    Posts
    7,136

    Default Re: 350$???

    You're going to drive yourself crazy trying to keep up with all of these threads.
    Quote Originally Posted by sk8r408 View Post
    The word "lulzy" is offensive.

  25. #205
    Coachella Junkie GuyInTucson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7,904

    Default Re: 350$???

    I hope Jen runs into Bumblebee at Coachella one year...
    Quote Originally Posted by HotHamWater View Post
    Nobody has ever given a single fuck about anything you've ever had to say.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Erik or Dani: Can we change Spooks' member title to "Stupid Pigfucker"? thanks.

  26. #206
    trakball
    Guest

    Default Re: 350$???

    Quote Originally Posted by faxman75 View Post
    A number of us know each other in person you dummy. We ain't all that anonymous with our assholeishness.
    Honestly, that makes what I said even worse. A handful of assholes with tens of thousands of posts on the fucking Coachella Message Board playing grabass with their little clique of friends while being assholes to everyone outside of it.

    Christ almighty, how pathetic.

  27. #207
    Coachella Junkie PlayaDelWes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Posts
    7,165

    Default Re: 350$???

    WTOTY Nominee
    Friday: Aloe Blacc, ZZ Ward, Caravan Palace, MS MR, Bastille, OutKast, Grouplove, Kate Nash, HAIM, Jagwar Ma, Tom Odell, Neko Case
    Saturday
    : Chvrches, Lorde, ,Foxygen, The Naked and Famous, Pharrell Williams, Muse, Empire of the Sun, Bombay Bicycle Club, Pet Shop Boys, Saints of Valory, Temples
    Sunday: Arcade Fire, Lana Del Rey, Frank Turner, John Newman, J Roddy Walston and the Business, Superchunk, STRFKR, Neutral Milk Hotel

  28. #208
    Coachella Junkie Miroir Noir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Zip City
    Posts
    7,136

    Default Re: 350$???

    Seconded
    Quote Originally Posted by sk8r408 View Post
    The word "lulzy" is offensive.

  29. #209
    Coachella Junkie GuyInTucson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7,904

    Default Re: 350$???

    Quote Originally Posted by Bumblebee View Post
    I said GV sold 10,000 more passes per weekend than 2011. Jen disagreed. I provided a link from Indio police. No one has shown me a verifiable link that "only" 75,000 passes were sold per weekend in 2012.

    I bring this up because GV has found extra revenue streams via ticket sales/VIPs and other things.

    Why this is relevant to this thread is GV made a modest $30 ticket(for me) increase only because they wanted extra money that will sell out. All justifications about the extra $13-30 ticket price because of inflation, charitable donations to Indio, land purchases or potential better onsite experience, better acts, better food doesn't pass scrutiny.

    How can you say this when you have no clue what the extra money is actually going towards?
    Quote Originally Posted by HotHamWater View Post
    Nobody has ever given a single fuck about anything you've ever had to say.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Erik or Dani: Can we change Spooks' member title to "Stupid Pigfucker"? thanks.

  30. #210
    Peaceful Oasis TomAz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Gallifrey
    Posts
    39,943

    Default Re: 350$???

    Quote Originally Posted by Bumblebee View Post

    Why this is relevant to this thread is GV made a modest $30 ticket(for me) increase only because they wanted extra money that will sell out. All justifications about the extra $13-30 ticket price because of inflation, charitable donations to Indio, land purchases or potential better onsite experience, better acts, better food doesn't pass scrutiny.
    Your mind must be like an amusement park. One of those shady ones run by questionable characters on weedy lots and you never know if the tilt-a-whirl is really safe or not.

    By which I mean: You are attributing motives to GV with no information whatsoever. I don't know, and you don't know either.
    Last edited by TomAz; 05-15-2012 at 01:11 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    HAY CAN SOMEONE DRIVE DOWN TO THE FESTIVAL GROUNDS AND SEE IF THE BEER BARN IS REALLY A BARN?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •