Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: 350$???

Default Re: 350$???

Quote Originally Posted by Mugwog View Post
    Bring turkey legs to the polo fields
    Signed. Dland style.
    Quote Originally Posted by involvelemons View Post
    Silent discos are like having sex with a virgin: really exciting in theory, extremely awkward in execution.
    Quote Originally Posted by BROKENDOLL View Post
    I bet Cara's gotten enough Twats on a Platter and Dick on a Stick to open her own Trolls to Go snack shop.

Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    Oh my god who the fuck gives a shit. You all sound retarded getting up in arms over an extra 20, 30, 40, or even 50 dollar price increase to a weekend that costs us each at least a grand even if you're super thrifty. Now please stop arguing about tiny price increases, this same dumb crap goes on every year and it's always stupid.
    Seriously. What the fuck is $35 when the overall cost of the weekend is typically $1,000+?

And to me anything less than $500 is perfectly fair given the number of quality acts and the length of the festival. Not saying they should bump prices up, but a $13-35 increase is such a minor concern that I can't even believe there are this many pages discussing it.

Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    Supre doesnt know since he's usually in the bathroom going away at the glory hole. Noms Nom nom noms oooooo i'm taking a picture of that beast....****snap*** back to yum yums nom nom noms

Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    they just need to start charging $20 for day parking, everyone is so conditioned to have to pay for it at pretty much every other large scale event they go to. would be less outrage over that than the $13 more for a pass this year.
    Why are they going to care about outrage? People here are going to buy a ticket anyway, and if a price increase of $13 is preventing anyone from doing so, I'm sure there's thousands of other people that will be still be happy to make next year's fest sell out in record time.
    2004, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2012b, 2013a, 2014a

they just need to start charging $20 for day parking, everyone is so conditioned to have to pay for it at pretty much every other large scale event they go to. would be less outrage over that than the $13 more for a pass this year.
    This would freak me the fuck out.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

I wish they'd charge more so all you whiners wouldn't be there

I hope the "13" jinkes most of the idiots from being able to purchase tickets.
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

I don't care about the price increase. I wonder though if the general on-sale will be the same price as the presale this time around.

I would love to see the entire festival sell out prior to the line up being released.

old school

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    They really can't increase capacity. The fire marshall has it set.
    Quote Originally Posted by shoegazer76 View Post
    An extra $3,000,000 roughly per weekend. Not too shabby.
    Didn't they sell 10-15,000 extra passes per weekend compared to previous years? Same number of bodies onsite but they got very strict about comps/volunteers.

I'd like to see an itemized breakdown of Goldenvoice's expenses!!
    "Well, that's just like, you know... your opinion, man"

Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wstsidela View Post
    I'd like to see an itemized breakdown of Goldenvoice's expenses!!
    I'd pay 20 extra for my ticket just to see that out of curiosity
    Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    When Foster the People played Pumped Up Kicks I freaked the fuck out because I thought that song was long gone

Quote Originally Posted by Bumblebee View Post
    Didn't they sell 10-15,000 extra passes per weekend compared to previous years? Same number of bodies onsite but they got very strict about comps/volunteers.
    THE CAPACITY IS STILL SET AT A CERTAIN NUMBER YOU FUCKING FOOL.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

I would be ok with this if they would create a dedicated, paved bicycle path for bicyclists in the area.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

Absolutely. I am surprised no one has been killed yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    To you guys I say Wat?????????? Off to ?????? ....... cr****
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    It's hard to argue with that.

it is NOT true that it is a $13 price increase. that is absolutely false. It is easily at least $30 and this is from checking my receipt as well. there was NO presale discount, it was just that during regular sale for weekend 1 you were forced to buy a shuttle pass along with your festival pass. Either way, i don't really care as I'll still be going, but stop making it seem like it's only a $13 increase when its clearly more than that. Also, the hoodie thing happened. I know because I saw it happen with my own two eyes. that was pretty messed up

Quote Originally Posted by deepseabreeze View Post
    it is NOT true that it is a $13 price increase. that is absolutely false. It is easily at least $30 and this is from checking my receipt as well. there was NO presale discount, it was just that during regular sale for weekend 1 you were forced to buy a shuttle pass along with your festival pass. Either way, i don't really care as I'll still be going, but stop making it seem like it's only a $13 increase when its clearly more than that. Also, the hoodie thing happened. I know because I saw it happen with my own two eyes. that was pretty messed up
    Chillax!

I did the presale for 2012 and the increase is $29. OH NO!! Let's get super mad over $29 because over the course of 8 months, that's an increase of $3.625! How am I ever going to afford that?!

whiney pain in butt

Quote Originally Posted by psychic friend View Post
    where are the complaints of $0 price hike for the last 6 years? i want to read about those
    whatever helps you sleep at night, and fills your pocket with more money, right?

Quote Originally Posted by deepseabreeze View Post
    it is a $13 price increase over what passes sold for during the general on sale this past january, no shuttle pass included, you dolt. the math has been done, this has all been figured out.

here, do the math for yourself:

http://www.coachella.com/festival-passes/charges

"The additional charges on top of the face value of the passes are as follows:

GA Pass($285) + $3 Charity +$9 Facility fee + $29 service/convenience fee"

then add in $10 for shipping and what do you get? I get $336. this year is $349. can you do simple subtraction?

the presale passes were $269 +$12+$29+10=$320. So, there was a presale discount, too.
    Last edited by JustSteve; 05-15-2012 at 08:55 AM.

it is a $13 price increase over what passes sold for during the general on sale this past january, no shuttle pass included, you dolt. the math has been done, this has all been figured out.

here, do the math for yourself:

http://www.coachella.com/festival-passes/charges

"The additional charges on top of the face value of the passes are as follows:

GA Pass($285) + $3 Charity +$9 Facility fee + $29 service/convenience fee"

then add in $10 for shipping and what do you get? I get $336. this year is $349. can you do simple subtraction?

the presale passes were $269 +$12+$29+10=$320. So, there was a presale discount, too.
    Not that I give a shit about the price increase, but wouldn't it make more sense to compare pre-sale 2012 prices to pre-sale 2013 prices? That's the discussion here. After fees, I paid $320 last year. This year it's $349. $29 difference.

Quote Originally Posted by HotHamWater View Post
    Not that I give a shit about the price increase, but wouldn't it make more sense to compare pre-sale 2012 prices to pre-sale 2013 prices? That's the discussion here. After fees, I paid $320 last year. This year it's $349. $29 difference.
    Tommy is right. Who's to say they won't increase the prices in January like they did this year?
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

just going by what i am hearing, passes are all inclusive of fees at $349 for next year whether it is presale or regular sale.

Ok so it's a $29 increase for those who did presale in 2012, and a $13 increase for those who did regular sale. Why was there even an argument if everybody was seemingly correct?

i'm just trying to correct people who refuse to believe there were even 2 different prices. like deepsea saying there was no presale discount, you were forced to buy a shuttle pass when not everyone was, etc.

Oh my god who the fuck gives a shit. You all sound retarded getting up in arms over an extra 20, 30, 40, or even 50 dollar price increase to a weekend that costs us each at least a grand even if you're super thrifty. Now please stop arguing about tiny price increases, this same dumb crap goes on every year and it's always stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by dj12inches View Post
    What makes me qualified? I've watched EVERY fucking episode of American Idol, and every single episode of The Voice...Forget that I won departmental music awards when I was in the 8th grade choir.

go lakers!

Most of the people here weren't arguing that point. The presale point didn't come up until after you said the cost difference was $13.
    For your health

GENERAL ADMISSION FESTIVAL PASS Qty: 2
    APR 20 - 22 Empire Polo Club (Indio, CA) Doors at 11:00AM PDT
    PRICE/SECTION QUANTITY PRICE EA SUBTOTAL
    3-Day Pass Gen Adm (2) $281.00 $562.00
    There is a $12.00 $9.00 Facility + $3.00 Charity included in the base price of each ticket.
    DELIVERY Mail (UPS Shipping) SERVICE CHARGES $58.00
    SUBTOTAL $620.00
    DELIVERY $10.00
    ORDER TOTAL $630.00 PAYMENT INFORMATION
    Pay 10% today, and the balance will be charged in 8 payments on the first of the month. Payments will occur every month from July until February.
    PAYMENT PLAN DATE STATUS AMOUNT PAYMENTS
    Deposit Jun 3, 2011 PAID $72.00 $72.00
    Payment 1 Jul 1, 2011 PAID $68.20 $68.20
    Payment 2 Aug 1, 2011 PAID $68.20 $68.20
    Payment 3 Sep 1, 2011 PAID $68.20 $68.20
    Payment 4 Oct 3, 2011 PAID $68.20 $68.20
    Payment 5 Nov 1, 2011 PAID $68.20 $68.20
    Payment 6 Dec 1, 2011 PAID $68.20 $68.20
    Payment 7 Jan 3, 2012 PAID $68.20 $68.20
    Payment 8 Feb 1, 2012 PAID $80.60 $80.60
    BALANCE DUE $0.00

$630/2 = $315 per ticket (pre-sale).... therefore $349-$315= $34 increase.

Im still going for sure in 2013, but its weirding me out that every person on here has completely different math. I guess it depends on how many tickets you buy and whether or not they charge one price for shipping many tickets, or a specific amount per ticket.

old school

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    THE CAPACITY IS STILL SET AT A CERTAIN NUMBER YOU FUCKING FOOL.
    An official statement from the Indio police department begs to differ.

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/lo...148020395.html

From billboard last year:

Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival: Kanye West, Arcade Fire, Chemical Brothers, The Strokes, Animal Collective, Kings of Leon and others
    Empire Polo Field
    Indio, Calif.
    April 15-17, 2011
    $24,993,698
    75,000 /
    3 /
    $699, $269

Number of people allowed onsite is still around 85,000, but those extra bodies were working/volunteers/guestlists. Did they tighten up and simply made more people pay?

I've seen several casual media mentions that paid sales were around 85k per weekend. I've seen no offical source from last week nor when they sold out in January that sales were capped at 75k. IIRC, there were some public documents from Indio City hall detailing how GVs permit allows 90k on the festival ground.