Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: 350$???

Default Re: 350$???

This shit is 19 pages because a dumbass troll reared their head, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Blowjobs are the best when your pubes are moist with tears
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    I got really good grades in school, but I suck at life.

So... has anyone created a memorial thread for the board members who get obliterated to all hell? I think we can add the story of Trakball.
    For your health

Endearingly Dislikable RotationSlimWang's Avatar

AND YOU FUCKERS TRIED TO ACT LIKE YOU DIDN'T MISS ME.
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar

i'm off for a week and thread gold is made. god dammit.

December 31 - Matthew Dear/The Sword/Pallbearer
    January 30 - Behemoth
    February 3 - Zola Jesus
    February 10 - 1349
    February 28 - A Place To Bury Strangers
    April 6 - Swans
    April 10-12 - Coachella
    April 17 - Clark/Nosaj Thing
    May 8-10 - Austin Psych Fest
    May 15-17 - Psycho California
    June 24-28 - Glastonbury

Quote Originally Posted by algunz View Post
    Maybe it's just me, but I think this went a bit too far.
    Some quality human beings in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by xuclarockerx View Post
    Some quality human beings in this thread.
    You arent one of them

Quote Originally Posted by theresalwaysone View Post
    People need to be aware that the internet isn't the fun anonymous playground it once was and there are consequences to their actions. Also, hopefully he's learned a valuable lesson in managing is online fingerprint.
    What the fuck did he do? Voice his opinion and when you all ganged up on him, decided to fight back? (no matter how pathetic)

I don't think that warrants digging up unrelated information about him. Sure it's publicly available but is it "right"? I guess that doesn't matter. It was too much fun I guess!
    Last edited by ocbruin84; 05-17-2012 at 12:14 AM.

What he did was act like a goddamn idiot. If you go into a bar and obnoxiously pick a fight with a guy who happens to turn out to be a black belt and you get knocked the fuck out, whose fault is it? The fault of the guy who clearly doesn't understand how easy it is to get your nose broken if you talk shit to a complete stranger and you're not equipped to deal with the consequences.
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    You arent one of them
    40k+ post? such a fuckin loser
    Quote Originally Posted by mncarpooler View Post
    Anything that's not Sahara tent trash is going to have a small crowd it seems like. I wandered over near the Sahara once all weekend and it was a clusterfuck of the douchiest looking people you could ever imagine.

Ethical question though, "is it right?"

12/16: A Winged Victory for the Sullen @ The Independent
    12/17: Sleepy Sun @ Brick and Mortar
    12/31: Derek Plaslaiko, Dave Aju @ f8
    1/8: Tamaryn @ The Chapel
    1/28: Beacon @ The Rickshaw Stop
    1/29: Ty Segall, Wand, Cold Beat @ GAMH
    2/7: Robag Whrume, Daniel Bell, Sassmouth, The Black Madonna @ Public Works
    2/14: Sparks @ Ace Theater Hollywood

In trakball's defense, he was only complaining about people complaining about other people complaining, and then complaining that the people pointing out that he was complaining about people complaining was cliquish and indicative of a larger theme of some of us knowing one another well enough to casually use actual names in passing reference, like who are we, elitist assholes for knowing actual names of people?

Just sayin'

12/16: A Winged Victory for the Sullen @ The Independent
    12/17: Sleepy Sun @ Brick and Mortar
    12/31: Derek Plaslaiko, Dave Aju @ f8
    1/8: Tamaryn @ The Chapel
    1/28: Beacon @ The Rickshaw Stop
    1/29: Ty Segall, Wand, Cold Beat @ GAMH
    2/7: Robag Whrume, Daniel Bell, Sassmouth, The Black Madonna @ Public Works
    2/14: Sparks @ Ace Theater Hollywood

Wow.

Downright Depressing.

I feel like I felt when I was near the end of Jonathan Franzen's Freedom and I thought to myself, "there is nobody in this story the author really wants me to like or root for here."

Did that guy have it coming? Yeah, but not to that extreme. I'm with Algunz here.
    Last edited by santasutt; 05-17-2012 at 12:48 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by MotorAve View Post
    Careful, while the threats are amusingly clueless, I could probably have this whole board shut down with one phone call.

Totally worth reading all 20 pages. Bravo people, bravo.

Note to self:
    Don't ever piss off Randy.
    Last edited by RedHotSgtPeppers; 05-17-2012 at 01:10 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by miscorrections View Post
    It's really boring when people use this thread to post about their successes.
    Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    ...... hey im not posting anything in here about half raptor half alligator people

Can someone PM me his Photobucket password? Some people have to work, ya know.

Here's why it's bullshit:

Complaining is bitching, and generally speaking people should never bitch as a rule. If you're living your life right, you don't bitch. Bitching hinders all things.

Bitching ABOUT bitching though is valid--it's a single loop of circuitous criticism, but that's as far as it goes. Either you're on the bitches' side or the bitching about bitches side, but you can NOT get all cunty about people who bitch about bitching. WE'RE TRYING TO END THE LOOP. At that point you're just being a complaining bitch all over again, hating on somebody for doing the right thing.

Oh, so Randy PTA'd him? I might actually read the thread now.
    Blowjobs are the best when your pubes are moist with tears
    I got really good grades in school, but I suck at life.

Coachella Junkie malcolmjamalawesome's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    i'm off for a week and thread gold is made. god dammit.
    It's as though things are ... better .... without you
    Quote Originally Posted by ruetheday View Post
    I don't fucking care. I don't even know who the hell Dave Wang is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devin the Dude View Post
    you used to be that guy that just Dave Wang's everybody. that guy. he's gone now, and whoever you really are showed up, and that was utter disappointment.

Quote Originally Posted by xanman86 View Post
    What is Godfathers over there? We have one that's a burger place in San Carlos and you guys are making me want to go there for lunch tomorrow.
    That place is legendary. San Carlos has some good food in general, Emergency BBQ is epic.

Dude reviewed hookers on the internet. Whether or not he deserved to get publicly destroyed for this thread is debatable, but he's clearly a scumbag and has had a good ass-fucking coming for a longtime now.

Thank you, Randy.
    Last edited by greghead; 05-17-2012 at 07:22 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    Has Pitchfork revealed it's top 200 covers by Arcade Fire yet?

Quote Originally Posted by xuclarockerx View Post
    What the fuck did he do? Voice his opinion and when you all ganged up on him, decided to fight back? (no matter how pathetic)

I don't think that warrants digging up unrelated information about him. Sure it's publicly available but is it "right"? I guess that doesn't matter. It was too much fun I guess!
    Plenty of people voice their opinion and not much happens from it. That isn't what happened here; here he started out attacking.

But even more he came in here and nonsensically attacked much of what I like about this place. I like that people stick around (and thus have high post counts.) I like that people are familiar*. I like that posts around here stick around, that conversations can span days, weeks, years. And I like that this place isn't just people quoting popular movies**.

His entire conception of how people interact on the internet was off, and, again, not at all like what I like about how things work here. This forum is not strangers interacting anonymously, with no memory... there are a lot of sites (more) like that and I spend little time with them. I don't see groupthink, I see people sticking around because they like this place.

He accused others acting as the board police while he was trying to be the board police. He did not give attention to what anybody said, even when they said it (more or less) nicely. He didn't even read the bit of the forum rules he posted carefully enough to realize that what was going on did not meet that definition of harassment. [If he was being bombarded by PMs then that's something else entirely.]

Yeah, it's rude to repost pictures and other information that he had publicly displayed elsewhere. If this were a regular or random occurrence, I'd be more bothered. If he were attacked in one of the other threads (in at least a few of them he was trying to interact like a human!) I would be upset about it. But that isn't what happened here. He came in and acted like an asshole and got that back.

* Even years ago when I got here and saw that people knew each other I saw that as a positive. It meant it took a little while before people recognized me but it had been a long, long time since I had seen the internet as an anonymous utopia of thought and humor.

** On the internet, at least, The Big Lebowski is a popular movie. And even unpopular movies get distribution now.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    I feel like dad-rock wouldn't get so bad of a rep if we called it pop-rock

I sure hope there will be a trakball commemorative tee. I think it would be a beautiful tribute if all the boardmembers wore it at Coachella 13.

Quote Originally Posted by mountmccabe View Post
    Plenty of people voice their opinion and not much happens from it. That isn't what happened here; here he started out attacking.

But even more he came in here and nonsensically attacked much of what I like about this place. I like that people stick around (and thus have high post counts.) I like that people are familiar*. I like that posts around here stick around, that conversations can span days, weeks, years. And I like that this place isn't just people quoting popular movies**.

His entire conception of how people interact on the internet was off, and, again, not at all like what I like about how things work here. This forum is not strangers interacting anonymously, with no memory... there are a lot of sites (more) like that and I spend little time with them. I don't see groupthink, I see people sticking around because they like this place.

He accused others acting as the board police while he was trying to be the board police. He did not give attention to what anybody said, even when they said it (more or less) nicely. He didn't even read the bit of the forum rules he posted carefully enough to realize that what was going on did not meet that definition of harassment. [If he was being bombarded by PMs then that's something else entirely.]

Yeah, it's rude to repost pictures and other information that he had publicly displayed elsewhere. If this were a regular or random occurrence, I'd be more bothered. If he were attacked in one of the other threads (in at least a few of them he was trying to interact like a human!) I would be upset about it. But that isn't what happened here. He came in and acted like an asshole and got that back.
    Perspective and wisdom. Thank you John.

atari-trakball.jpg

Proof that arguing in circles won't.
    '06, '07, '08, '09, '10, '11, '13.1
    LAST.FM

Quote Originally Posted by mountmccabe View Post

This. The analogy about picking a fight with a guy in a bar and it turns out the other guy is a blackbelt is correct. He came in here swinging, determined to be an irritant. So I spent five minutes doing four things:

a) found that he had posted a link to his public photobucket account ON THIS FORUM
    b) went to said photobucket account
    c) did a google search of the photobucket user name; discovered on the first hit what his name was
    d) passed the info on to Randy and a few others

I didn't do anything with it because I really didn't think I was clever enough to handle it; plus I knew that if one of the persons I sent the information to DID decide to do something with it, it would be internet gold. Turns out I was right. Boy, I had no idea about the erotic review thing.

So which is worse, Gunz, a five minute search..er..."cyberstalking"? Or hiring whores and then writing reviews of them as if they are some sort of dive bar on Yelp?

Also, interpret cyberstalking 'rules' any way you want, but I don't believe any of the following occured.

A number of key factors have been identified:
    False accusations. Many cyberstalkers try to damage the reputation of their victim and turn other people against them. They post false information about them on websites. They may set up their own websites, blogs or user pages for this purpose. They post allegations about the victim to newsgroups, chat rooms or other sites that allow public contributions, such as Wikipedia or Amazon.com.[5]
    Attempts to gather information about the victim. Cyberstalkers may approach their victim's friends, family and work colleagues to obtain personal information. They may advertise for information on the Internet, or hire a private detective. They often will monitor the victim's online activities and attempt to trace their IP address in an effort to gather more information about their victims. [6]
    Encouraging others to harass the victim. Many cyberstalkers try to involve third parties in the harassment. They may claim the victim has harmed the stalker or his/her family in some way, or may post the victim's name and telephone number in order to encourage others to join the pursuit.
    False victimization. The cyberstalker will claim that the victim is harassing him/her. Bocij writes that this phenomenon has been noted in a number of well-known cases.
    Attacks on data and equipment. They may try to damage the victim's computer by sending viruses.
    Ordering goods and services. They order items or subscribe to magazines in the victim's name. These often involve subscriptions to pornography or ordering sex toys then having them delivered to the victim's workplace.
    Arranging to meet. Young people face a particularly high risk of having cyberstalkers try to set up meetings between them.[7]

Should I have done it? Maybe, maybe not. Had he not already posted a link to his photobucket account - AGAIN, ON THIS FORUM - I probably wouldn't have bothered to do any digging. But he made it available...and when I got to his account and saw that it was only pictures of weed, his car, and a couple pictures of him, any reservation I would have had disappeared. If he had children or a wife or a bunch of friend pictures on there, I wouldn't have passed any info along.
    Last edited by captncrzy; 05-17-2012 at 08:36 AM.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

What happened here makes the rest of the noob slaughterings seem very tame. That being said I greatly enjoyed reading every post and appreciate the lulz provided in this thread.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sbessiso View Post
    I jacked off 4 times today all before work! true story!
    Quote Originally Posted by greghead View Post
    Spicy pie or die, bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Stickjohn View Post
    I think gunz is talking about how stalking is bad and euphonic is trying to figure out where she hangs out.
    I was inspired by all the stalking...
    “Intellectual growth should commence at birth and cease only at death.” - Albert Einstein
    “Music is a safe kind of high" - Jimi Hendrix
    “Music is the wine that fills the cup of silence.” - Robert Fripp
    “Nothing separates the generations more than music. By the time a child is eight or nine, he has developed a passion for his own music that is even stronger than his passions for procrastination and weird clothes.” - Bill Cosby

Whatever happened and whatever people's opinions are is not relevant anymore. It was entertaining. I think we can all agree on that.

Quote Originally Posted by travelfan View Post
    That place is legendary. San Carlos has some good food in general, Emergency BBQ is epic.
    I loooove me some Emergency BBQ but it's almost never open when I really want it

Facebook // Twitter // Blog // Tumblr // Instagram
    Coachella: 04,06,07,09,10,11,12(1&2),13(1&2),14(1&2)
    Upcoming shows

Events
    Holy Ship! 1/3-6/2015, Coachella 4/10-12&17-19/2015, SDCC 7/9-12/2015

I better go clean up my Photobucket account.

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    This. The analogy about picking a fight with a guy in a bar and it turns out the other guy is a blackbelt is correct. He came in here swinging, determined to be an irritant. So I spent five minutes doing four things:

a) found that he had posted a link to his public photobucket account ON THIS FORUM
    b) went to said photobucket account
    c) did a google search of the photobucket user name; discovered on the first hit what his name was
    d) passed the info on to Randy and a few others

I didn't do anything with it because I really didn't think I was clever enough to handle it; plus I knew that if one of the persons I sent the information to DID decide to do something with it, it would be internet gold. Turns out I was right. Boy, I had no idea about the erotic review thing.

So which is worse, Gunz, a five minute search..er..."cyberstalking"? Or hiring whores and then writing reviews of them as if they are some sort of dive bar on Yelp?

Also, interpret cyberstalking 'rules' any way you want, but I don't believe any of the following occured.

Should I have done it? Maybe, maybe not. Had he not already posted a link to his photobucket account - AGAIN, ON THIS FORUM - I probably wouldn't have bothered to do any digging. But he made it available...and when I got to his account and saw that it was only pictures of weed, his car, and a couple pictures of him, any reservation I would have had disappeared. If he had children or a wife or a bunch of friend pictures on there, I wouldn't have passed any info along.
    Fully agreed. And in hindsight it appears the guy has a history of being an asshole online and has a demonstrated history of purposefully attempting to disrupt online communities with his aggressive behavior. You didn't know it at the time but I think we can look back and say it was certainly warranted and he had it coming. Internet Justice.