Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: 350$???

Default Re: 350$???

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    I feel trakball is now part of the clique. Against his will.
    Quick! Trakball, what is your first name?

trakball

Quote Originally Posted by GuyInTucson View Post
    There is little motivation to try hard when you're such an easy target.
    Well, I certainly appreciate the fact that I was able to motivate you to post one more time in this thread.

trakball

motivate

I don't even like it when people use my real name. Yawl pronunciate it wrong.

12/16: A Winged Victory for the Sullen @ The Independent
    12/17: Sleepy Sun @ Brick and Mortar
    12/31: Derek Plaslaiko, Dave Aju @ f8
    1/8: Tamaryn @ The Chapel
    1/28: Beacon @ The Rickshaw Stop
    1/29: Ty Segall, Wand, Cold Beat @ GAMH
    2/7: Robag Whrume, Daniel Bell, Sassmouth, The Black Madonna @ Public Works
    2/14: Sparks @ Ace Theater Hollywood

trakball

seems like "gordita", yet... different

My real name actually is Gordita.

trakball

What a coincidence! Mine's Trakball!

My parents worked for Atari.

I was conceived in a Taco Bell bathroom.

trakball

It certainly beats a Burger King bathroom.

Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    Why the fuck do they have to explain their costs to you? This is the first price change in six years. What does it matter what it cost last year, or the year before, or the year before? Things change.

The only question that anyone should be asking is would you have paid 13 or 30 or whatever dollars more than you paid last year for the same level of experience? If another 30 dollars really tips the scales into the realm of it no longer being worth it, well, personally that sounds fucking insane to me, but everybody is entitled to their own crazy opinions.

IF, however, you're just getting all indignant and self-righteous about a nominal increase in price because you're the kind of asshole who likes to count other people's money--"GV doesn't need any more money, they already make plenty, and now they want to charge me less than 10 percent more for giving me the best weekend of my year? Fuck them!"--then frankly I'm glad you won't be there.

Anybody who doesn't appreciate the vast amount of work GV puts into giving us the absolute best US music festival every fucking year without fail should stay home. I have no desire to share the beauty of my weekend with a bunch of unappreciative underwhelmed hipster assholes. If you're just there for the Sahara tent I have no clue why you're there in the first place--there are EDM festivals if that's all you want to see.

Coachella is about a shared experience of wonderment. All negative, hate-filled bullshit artists are welcome to voice their complaints as loud as they want, but do so while walking the fuck away from me.
    i know this is a few pages back but this is dead the fuck on.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

Re: Using people's names being cliquish.

Quote Originally Posted by trakball View Post
    in dialogue on a public message board where not every member is so well acquainted with one another?
    No, it is not.

It does not make sense to constantly play dumb to keep from intimidating people, so that they will feel comfortable joining us and participating in impersonal ways so as to avoid intimidating even newer people.

People are writing conversationally and some of those people like to use names, it is silly to read aggression into that. Plus it is often clear what names refer to what usernames, if one wishes to pay attention to the context.

Also nearly everybody fights with nearly everybody, based on what, ya know, they post. This time of year there are just so many new, confused folks that it's real easy to find newbies/seasonal folk to argue with.

But yeah, you're new here. Congratulations. Yeah, some friends hang out here, in most cases those friendships started here. If you stick around and don't take everything as an attack you'll start to realize that most people here are inviting and inclusive. Everyone was invited to the boardmember photos at Coachella and there are many events throughout the year people are attending/organizing that they talk about on the board; I've met a lot of people just at shows in various cities.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    I feel like dad-rock wouldn't get so bad of a rep if we called it pop-rock

I wish Guedita would bite my ankles

Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    Call me a republican if you like, but if they're going to raise ticket prices they need to stop wasting money on things like CAMP magazine and fancy ticket packages etc. and put it towards more water refill stations, cheaper food and cleaner port-o's. Just like with taxes, I'm fine with an increase just clean up the spending first.
    ^This

I never understood why they can't just add three more water refill stations so there isn't a line everytime

Wait, soooooo.... am I too late for the circle jerk?
    You know, but that's valid because if we are all gonna die anyway shouldn't we be enjoying ourselves now? You know, I'd like to quit thinking of the present, like right now, as some minor insignificant preamble to something else.

---------------------------------------------------
    It's that tad bit of Crazy that keeps me Sane...

trakball

Quote Originally Posted by mountmccabe View Post
    Also nearly everybody fights with nearly everybody, based on what, ya know, they post. This time of year there are just so many new, confused folks that it's real easy to find newbies/seasonal folk to argue with.

Sigh. I was hoping to perhaps move on from yesterday's debacle, but I guess not.

In the relatively short time I've been posting here, I've seen the same people give the same shitty responses to anyone who has the nerve to post a question on a message board, and it's really lame as fuck. It's awesome that the hardcore clique of Coachella posters keep the board alive during the off-season, sure... but if "keeping the board alive" = "constantly being a dickhead to everyone from the safety of your keyboard" then shit man, perhaps it's time to go outside, plant a garden, help your fellow man, whatever.

I mean I was dogpiled on from people who didn't even know what the fuck I was bitching about, you know?

Whatever. 350$ is an outrage, burn goldenvoice to the ground, ban Los Angelenos from Coachella, fuck the Sahara tent.

trakball

Whatever

Soooooo, is it sunny in San Diego?

trakball

For like the first time in May!

Perhaps it's the May Grey that is causing me to act so emotional. Hold me, algunz.

*virtual hug*

Don't be scared. We are here for you.

but if "keeping the board alive" = "constantly being a dickhead to everyone from the safety of your keyboard" then shit man, perhaps it's time to go outside, plant a garden, help your fellow man, whatever.

go here...

http://www.coachella.com/forum/showt...ghlight=garden
    You know, but that's valid because if we are all gonna die anyway shouldn't we be enjoying ourselves now? You know, I'd like to quit thinking of the present, like right now, as some minor insignificant preamble to something else.

---------------------------------------------------
    It's that tad bit of Crazy that keeps me Sane...

Endearingly Dislikable RotationSlimWang's Avatar

Oh you're from San Diego? That makes sense. Everyone I've ever met from San Diego has a locker of pig shit where their heart should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

trakball

Rotation, a serious question: how does my dick taste? You seem to quite enjoy swallowing it down.

Your dick tastes like homeless dog pussy with a strong bouquet of never-been-laid-and-staying-that-way.
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

trakball

Ah, yes. It usually tastes that way to hopped-up ragenerds.

I hate to be such a fucking cliche, but it needs to be asked: are you mad, brah?

TRAKBALL:

Visit this thread http://www.coachella.com/forum/showt...etting-flamed!, and stop being a fucking jackass. You'll have a much better time around here, and will find that this forum can be extremely useful.

trakball, you're dead, son. Get yourself buried.

To you guys I say Wat?????????? Off to ?????? ....... cr****
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    It's hard to argue with that.

trakball

SepaGroove, I know it can be useful - got a lot of camping tips from this board.

But I'm sorry, man. I'm not a mindless bandwagoner, and I quite enjoy kicking against the pricks. Perhaps you should re-evaluate what "being a fucking jackass" is.

Ah, yes. It usually tastes that way to hopped-up ragenerds.

I hate to be such a fucking cliche, but it needs to be asked: are you mad, brah?
    If I were you I'd be less worried about being a cliche and more concerned about finding incredibly unimaginative bullshit to regurgitate that does a better job of hiding the fact that you're clearly an ostracized teenager who's clearly in the habit of picking arguments with people who they have no business competing with. You must get humiliated in front of the rest of the slow class frequently. Do you think the British royalty-level rate of inbreeding in your family is to blame or is it more a direct result of your mother finding you too repulsive physically when you were a baby to want to pick you up and hold you, thus your soft infant skull flattened and deformed the shape of your brain into a mold of the tile floor of the abandoned house she gave her Johns AIDS in?

trakball

LOL! Yes, seems you're quite mad.

By the way, I don't think "johns" should be capitalized in this case. Unless you're saying that all of my mothers' customers were all named "John"?

Actually it requires no effort or emotion whatsoever to do what I'm doing now. It's like asking a judge if they're mad when they're sentencing mental defectives who don't comprehend cause and effect enough to stop getting arrested. I don't particularly want to dole out your judgement, I don't care about your fate. You're a non-entity. You're Message Board Dumb Fuck #1047. You all get the same treatment, it's in your best interest and the best interest of society that you get a better understanding of how dim you are. Are you mad when you step on a bug?