Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 650

Thread: 350$???

  1. #31
    Stage Manager captncrzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    TBD
    Posts
    19,943

    Default Re: 350$???

    I'm hoping the price increase means less tickets sold.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

  2. #32
    Member loopy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Long Beach
    Posts
    534

    Default Re: 350$???

    Not enough of a price hike to stop me from going. Is that about $86 for the first payment if you're doing GA + camp? (and if I'm doing my math right?)

  3. #33
    old school nosurprises12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Burbank, CA
    Posts
    3,956

    Default Re: 350$???

    Quote Originally Posted by GuyInTucson View Post
    Don't worry guys. The extra money is for LMFAO and a hologram of John Candy roaming the food courts.
    Please God, let this be true.
    Quote Originally Posted by roberto73 View Post
    I'd contribute to this discussion but I'm still busy reminiscing about the halcyon days of punk. You know, the mid-90s.

  4. #34
    Member heimer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    San Antonio
    Posts
    122

    Default Re: 350$???

    Quote Originally Posted by rage patton View Post
    But seriously, I think a lot of people will be fine with the price increase if we see that that money actually went towards improving the grounds/ festival experience as a whole... and not just to the GV/ AEG executives.
    Technically they did improve the grounds/festival after Clusterfuckchella 2010...without increasing ticket prices. So, I guess we got 2 years without an increase.

  5. #35
    old school nosurprises12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Burbank, CA
    Posts
    3,956

    Default Re: 350$???

    Quote Originally Posted by psychic friend View Post
    6 years at same price was pretty cool.
    Yeah, but what have you done for me lately?
    Quote Originally Posted by roberto73 View Post
    I'd contribute to this discussion but I'm still busy reminiscing about the halcyon days of punk. You know, the mid-90s.

  6. #36
    Coachella Junkie paulb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    North Woods, WI
    Posts
    18,835

    Default Re: 350$???

    Wow, im so glad the price was the same for 6 years. Ok, now, WTF, 350!? Better give us some real Sahara acts and great headliners next year!
    Upcoming Shows:
    Coachella: 4/10-12 @ Empire Polo Fields

  7. #37
    old school SepaGroove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    3,219

    Default Re: 350$???

    As previously specualted, the extra cash is for DAFT PUNK

  8. #38

    Default Re: 350$???

    They are using the extra money on a new mojave sound system.

  9. #39
    Pedley Rocks JustSteve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    the Beach of Newport
    Posts
    12,140

    Default Re: 350$???

    Quote Originally Posted by rage patton View Post
    The extra ~$30-40 does suck, but it won't stop me from attending next year. I just want to know what the extra money will be going towards.

    If really is just going towards lining their pockets, I will be disapointed. If it will be going towards the festival (expanding the grounds, better maintance of the grass, better EDM bookings, David Bowie, etc...) then I think the cost may be worth it.
    uh, they just bought the fields all around the venue...

  10. #40
    Member KickerConspiracy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Silicon Valley, CA
    Posts
    968

    Default Re: 350$???

    $350 is still a bargain. Let's say there are 10-12 bands a day you want to see = $10 per act.

    That said, it would be nice to see the extra $$ go toward more water refill stations or creating viewing areas within the beer garden by the Main/Outdoor (thinking high-school-style bleachers) or carving out viewing areas for VIPs at least on Outdoor and Main (not necessarily at the front, I'm thinking more like the Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival in SF where there is just a fenced part near the stage that is not super-packed).
    Last edited by KickerConspiracy; 05-14-2012 at 09:35 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by hawkingvsreeve View Post
    Perhaps if you had spent more time planning your sets out and less time playing slutty Indian this wouldn't be so difficult for you.

  11. #41
    Coachella Junkie GuyInTucson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    8,088

    Default Re: 350$???

    Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    I'm hoping the price increase means less tickets sold.
    I hope so too, but I don't think it will. It may delay how quickly it sells out though.
    10/8 - Little Dragon @ Marquee (Tempe, AZ)
    10/11 - Carolina Chocolate Drops @ Rialto Theater (Tucson, AZ)
    11/10 - The Black Keys @ US Airways Center (Phoenix, AZ)
    4/10/15 - 4/12/15 - Coachella

  12. #42
    Coachella Junkie luckyface's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    7,945

    Default Re: 350$???

    Considering they upped capacities even though they had the event spread out over two weekends, something tells me they will try to increase it again despite the price increase.
    For your health

  13. #43
    Coachella Junkie HEADSTRUCK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    L.A.
    Posts
    8,588

    Default Re: 350$???

    Quote Originally Posted by GuyInTucson View Post
    I hope so too, but I don't think it will. It may delay how quickly it sells out though.
    I bet it sells out faster this year.

  14. #44
    Member Professor Null's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    201

    Default Re: 350$???

    Here is last year's presale for reference. It was $310 with all fees (minus $10 shipping).


  15. #45
    Coachella Junkie rage patton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    26,512

    Default Re: 350$???

    Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    uh, they just bought the fields all around the venue...
    Ok. And? I still don't understand how this is going to benefit the average festival goer. Again, like I have said, if I knew what the $40 was going towards, I might not have a problem with the price increase.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

  16. #46
    Member dancefreak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Hermosa Beach, CA
    Posts
    346

    Default Re: 350$???

    Wasn't it $320, including the $10 shipping last year? That's a $30 increase. Pretty reasonable bump over 6 years.

    EDIT: I guess it was $315. Still reasonable.
    Last edited by dancefreak; 05-14-2012 at 09:38 AM.
    ______
    1999, 2001, 2002, 2004, 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014

  17. #47
    old school Stickjohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    St. Paul, MN
    Posts
    3,500

    Default Re: 350$???

    Quote Originally Posted by rage patton View Post
    I am actually down with that. Extra $40 well spent.

    But seriously, I think a lot of people will be fine with the price increase if we see that that money actually went towards improving the grounds/ festival experience as a whole... and not just to the GV/ AEG executives.
    GV made LOTS of improvements after 2010 without an increase. Better fencing, security, more space, more campground activities, etc. GV even invested in purchasing land that was previously speculated to be on the market for development. Nobody wants to pay more money but personally I have a hard time complaining about the increase.

    I'm surprised to see still no charge for day parking - I'd like to see them try charging for that vs bundling with shuttle passes.

  18. #48
    Stage Manager captncrzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    TBD
    Posts
    19,943

    Default Re: 350$???

    Quote Originally Posted by luckyface View Post
    Considering they upped capacities even though they had the event spread out over two weekends, something tells me they will try to increase it again despite the price increase.
    They really can't increase capacity. The fire marshall has it set.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

  19. #49
    Coachella Junkie HEADSTRUCK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    L.A.
    Posts
    8,588

    Default Re: 350$???

    Quote Originally Posted by rage patton View Post
    Ok. And? I still don't understand how this is going to benefit the average festival goer. Again, like I have said, if I knew what the $40 was going towards, I might not have a problem with the price increase.
    Its going towards making them richer Josh, just like the reasoning behind having two weekends.

  20. #50
    Coachella Junkie luckyface's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    7,945

    Default Re: 350$???

    Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    They really can't increase capacity. The fire marshall has it set.
    Didn't you see where Steve said that extra $40/person is going to purchasing more land?
    For your health

  21. #51
    LOLocaust Survivor Hannahrain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    stately Rain Manor
    Posts
    17,462

    Default Re: 350$???

    But employee wages don't rise over time to meet the cost of living and nothing ever gets more expensive than it once was. Fucking corporate greed.

  22. #52
    Peaceful Oasis TomAz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Zenith, Winnemac
    Posts
    40,977

    Default Re: 350$???

    Quote Originally Posted by tyles View Post
    Honestly, it's not that much of an increase, especially if you do the payment plan.
    The price increase is the same regardless of whether or not you do the payment plan.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

  23. #53
    Coachella Junkie faxman75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    The murder capital where we murder for capital
    Posts
    27,915

    Default Re: 350$???

    So much bad math in this thread. Damn stoners.

  24. #54

    Default Re: 350$???

    Quote Originally Posted by loopy View Post
    Not enough of a price hike to stop me from going. Is that about $86 for the first payment if you're doing GA + camp? (and if I'm doing my math right?)
    yeah, that's about right. And for real, Its like 50 bucks a month. This isn't a bad deal.
    Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    Smooches. =)

  25. #55
    Member Professor Null's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    201

    Default Re: 350$???

    Looking closer at the FAQ, this is bound to make some people very unhappy:

    Festival passes are limited to 2 per billing address.

  26. #56
    Coachella Junkie faxman75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    The murder capital where we murder for capital
    Posts
    27,915

    Default Re: 350$???

    KONY 2013

  27. #57

    Default Re: 350$???

    Quote Originally Posted by KickerConspiracy View Post
    $350 is still a bargain. Let's say there are 10-12 bands a day you want to see = $10 per act.

    That said, it would be nice to see the extra $$ go toward more water refill stations or creating viewing areas within the beer garden by the Main/Outdoor (thinking high-school-style bleachers) or carving out viewing areas for VIPs at least on Outdoor and Main (not necessarily at the front, I'm thinking more like the Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival in SF where there is just a fenced part near the stage that is not super-packed).
    I'm with you on them installing more water refill stations - with how hot it was on weekend 2 this past year the lines for water were massive. Sometimes I just decided to buy water/powerade instead of waiting in the huge line.
    Coachella 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12.2, 13.2, 14.2, 15.2
    Outside Lands 10, 11, 13, 14

  28. #58
    Pedley Rocks JustSteve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    the Beach of Newport
    Posts
    12,140

    Default Re: 350$???

    Quote Originally Posted by rage patton View Post
    Ok. And? I still don't understand how this is going to benefit the average festival goer. Again, like I have said, if I knew what the $40 was going towards, I might not have a problem with the price increase.
    not sure what it needs to go towards. they are a business and have a bottom line, haven't increased prices in 6 years even though i am sure many of their vendors have, as well as their other costs increasing with inflation, fuel to run all the generators, etc. the list goes on.

  29. #59
    old school
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Innerspace
    Posts
    3,312

    Default Re: 350$???

    Its just greed & the bottom line. Nothing more nothing less. Get over it people.
    "Oh this uncertainty is taking me over"

  30. #60
    Coachella Junkie faxman75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    The murder capital where we murder for capital
    Posts
    27,915

    Default Re: 350$???

    Quote Originally Posted by nyarlathotoats View Post
    yeah, that's about right. And for real, Its like 50 bucks a month. This isn't a bad deal.
    Good point. They should start selling them 5 years in advance and spread the payments out over 60 months and then when they raise the prices more it won't seem that bad. Seeming is believing.

    Fingerhut is still in business by using this pricing model.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •