Page 1 of 21 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: 350$???

Hybrid View

Default 350$???

Really GV? As if they aren't making enough fucking money. This is bullshit. Looks like I won't be attending next year.

Default Re: 350$???

I want to see more of this..... less people = less time in the waiting room this year.

The murder capital where we murder for capital

HAHAHAHA Best thread title ever. It's is a substantial increase IMO. Thank god for payment plans.

It's is
    Quote Originally Posted by dj12inches View Post
    What makes me qualified? I've watched EVERY fucking episode of American Idol, and every single episode of The Voice...Forget that I won departmental music awards when I was in the 8th grade choir.

Honestly, it's not that much of an increase, especially if you do the payment plan. Honestly, I didn't know why they hadn't raised the price already.
    Coachellas attended: 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 (W1), 2013 (W1)

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    Theme night listing:

Thursday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Friday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Saturday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Sunday Night: Boo, I have to go back to my parent's house!
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    The level of sheer laziness and pure speculation and confusion about very easily found and well-known things that this board has gotten to is truly confounding.

Quote Originally Posted by tyles View Post
    Honestly, it's not that much of an increase, especially if you do the payment plan.
    The price increase is the same regardless of whether or not you do the payment plan.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Please, no one tell AlthePal that the prices include all fees this year, so there's really not that much of an increase.....

The extra ~$30-40 does suck, but it won't stop me from attending next year. I just want to know what the extra money will be going towards.

If really is just going towards lining their pockets, I will be disapointed. If it will be going towards the festival (expanding the grounds, better maintance of the grass, better EDM bookings, David Bowie, etc...) then I think the cost may be worth it.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

Quote Originally Posted by rage patton View Post
    The extra ~$30-40 does suck, but it won't stop me from attending next year. I just want to know what the extra money will be going towards.

If really is just going towards lining their pockets, I will be disapointed. If it will be going towards the festival (expanding the grounds, better maintance of the grass, better EDM bookings, David Bowie, etc...) then I think the cost may be worth it.
    I paid $310 last year in the presale, so I believe it is a $40 increase (13%). It could be worse. For Coachella 2012 Goldenvoice could have simply raised the price by 30-40% and kept the festival to only 1 weekend. It would have made things easier on Paul Tollett to book talent for only 1 weekend, and he would have gotten a way higher gross profit margin. So we should be thankful that he decided to open the festival to 2 weekends and he kept the price fairly reasonable considering the substantial demand for tickets (both weekends selling out way ahead of time).
    Last edited by gopher37; 05-14-2012 at 09:29 AM.
    Coachella 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12.2, 13.2, 14.2, 15.2
    Outside Lands 10, 11, 13, 14

uh, they just bought the fields all around the venue...

Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    uh, they just bought the fields all around the venue...
    Ok. And? I still don't understand how this is going to benefit the average festival goer. Again, like I have said, if I knew what the $40 was going towards, I might not have a problem with the price increase.
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

Ok. And? I still don't understand how this is going to benefit the average festival goer. Again, like I have said, if I knew what the $40 was going towards, I might not have a problem with the price increase.
    Its going towards making them richer Josh, just like the reasoning behind having two weekends.

not sure what it needs to go towards. they are a business and have a bottom line, haven't increased prices in 6 years even though i am sure many of their vendors have, as well as their other costs increasing with inflation, fuel to run all the generators, etc. the list goes on.

Ironically, this will probably cost less than Sahara 2012.

I'd like if they resumed bringing art installations that don't fucking suck. And Bowie hand jobs, naturally.
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    Has Pitchfork revealed it's top 200 covers by Arcade Fire yet?

David Bowie
    i dont think the money they are willing to throw at bowie is a factor as to why he wont play.

does anyone read the part about how the fees are included in the price or does everyone forget in years past they were added on? Where is the confusion?
    .................................................. ..............
    She added the phrase "meany head" to my profile.
    I hardly think I'm an attention whore.
    I train birds of prey and am I licensed falconer

315 after fees is the same as 350 including fees?

Quote Originally Posted by psychic friend View Post
    does anyone read the part about how the fees are included in the price or does everyone forget in years past they were added on? Where is the confusion?
    The confusion is, in the past after fees the tickets came out to $310 USD, and now will cost $350 USD. There is a significant price increase.

Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar

the confusion exists because we don't know if this means daft punk or not. any help would be appreciated.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

There's nothing confusing, some just have to bitch, that's all.
    Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

Quote Originally Posted by AlthePal View Post
    Really GV? As if they aren't making enough fucking money. This is bullshit. Looks like I won't be attending next year.
    Good. Now kindly go fuck yourself.
    10/8 - Little Dragon @ Marquee (Tempe, AZ)
    10/11 - Carolina Chocolate Drops @ Rialto Theater (Tucson, AZ)
    11/10 - The Black Keys @ US Airways Center (Phoenix, AZ)
    4/10/15 - 4/12/15 - Coachella

Call me a republican if you like, but if they're going to raise ticket prices they need to stop wasting money on things like CAMP magazine and fancy ticket packages etc. and put it towards more water refill stations, cheaper food and cleaner port-o's. Just like with taxes, I'm fine with an increase just clean up the spending first.

That's like three margaritas or a t-shirt at Coachella. I can handle that.
    To you guys I say Wat?????????? Off to ?????? ....... cr****
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    It's hard to argue with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    Call me a republican if you like, but if they're going to raise ticket prices they need to stop wasting money on things like CAMP magazine and fancy ticket packages etc. and put it towards more water refill stations, cheaper food and cleaner port-o's. Just like with taxes, I'm fine with an increase just clean up the spending first.
    How does this make you a Republican?

9/12: Shifted @ Mercer
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/3-5: Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival
    10/4: Ought @ BoH
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    ^This

I never understood why they can't just add three more water refill stations so there isn't a line everytime

Yeah, on further reflection, ~$35 more isn't too bad.
    To you guys I say Wat?????????? Off to ?????? ....... cr****
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    It's hard to argue with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Miroir Noir View Post
    Yeah, on further reflection, ~$35 more isn't too bad.
    Agreed.

The murder capital where we murder for capital

According to my statement I paid $305 last year with fees. $281+fees. Unless frontgate fucked up their statements that's a $45 increase on the total price of tickets.

Quote Originally Posted by faxman75 View Post
    According to my statement I paid $305 last year with fees. $281+fees. Unless frontgate fucked up their statements that's a $45 increase on the total price of tickets.
    Dammit! I think through WASTE, it came out to like $335 each! Ah well, price you gotta pay when Front Gate site shuts down on you...

9/16 Seth Troxler @ Standard
    9/17 Ty Segall @ Webster
    9/18 Kode 9 @ Verboten
    9/19 The Replacements @ Forest Hills Stadium
    9/20 There Will Be Blood Live @ United Palace

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Help me decide what to wear to the show I'm going to tonight, everyone. I'll post pics of my six different potential outfits in a second.
    What is it about a band you love unconditionally that makes you adore them? Otherwise I'm going to just rip all over your shitty taste in bad bands.