Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: THE KNIFE for 2013

Default Re: THE KNIFE for 2013

Not going to happen
    10/8 - Little Dragon @ Marquee (Tempe, AZ)
    10/11 - Carolina Chocolate Drops @ Rialto Theater (Tucson, AZ)
    11/10 - The Black Keys @ US Airways Center (Phoenix, AZ)
    4/10/15 - 4/12/15 - Coachella

Quote Originally Posted by Mugwog View Post
    Would rather see them on their own tour, the stage setup from the last tour blew my mind when I saw the dvd of it.
    Yes... well... they would use the same stage setup at coachella as they would on other tour dates... If they go on tour and aren't playing coachella I will travel to see them. But I travel down from the cold Canadian North where they will certainly not be taking their tour, every year for Coachella anyways. So if they're at Coachella it would save me having to make a second trip to see them. which could potentially save me like a grand.
    Quote Originally Posted by icedKeg View Post
    it's like, at coachella, we can be a whole group of friends. a whole group of frogs jumping into the streets, jumping into the planet, climbing up the buildings, swimming in the lakes and in the bathtubs. we would be hundreds, thousands, millions. the biggest group of friends the world has ever seen, jumping and laughing forever. it would be great, right?
    Coachella 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012x2

Word on the street is that Karin isn't a big fan of playing festivals, and didn't enjoy her Coachella experience. Something about not being able to control the environment enough. I wouldn't hold out hope for a festival appearance. I'd rather see a full set with the full setup anyway.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

El Cuchillo!

Quote Originally Posted by Edmontonian View Post
    Yes... well... they would use the same stage setup at coachella as they would on other tour dates... If they go on tour and aren't playing coachella I will travel to see them. But I travel down from the cold Canadian North where they will certainly not be taking their tour, every year for Coachella anyways. So if they're at Coachella it would save me having to make a second trip to see them. which could potentially save me like a grand.
    Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    Word on the street is that Karin isn't a big fan of playing festivals, and didn't enjoy her Coachella experience. Something about not being able to control the environment enough. I wouldn't hold out hope for a festival appearance. I'd rather see a full set with the full setup anyway.
    Edmon: Check out their live DVD if you haven't seen it, you'll see why that bolded line from captn is relevant. Coachella sets are so short sometimes for the really good/rare acts and before I used to look at Coachella as a chance to see many bands for a cheaper overall price, but have found I enjoy when bands get all the time they need for a performance, rather than after 40 minutes say "Oh fuck, we only got one more song, uhhhh SINGLE!"

Hey mugwog, you're talking about The Audio Visual Experience or whatever it's called yeah?
    9/05 - The Rentals - Fonda (?)
    9/11 - Swans - Roxy
    9/13 - Owen Pallett - El Rey (?)
    9/17 - Buzzcocks - Fonda (?)
    9/20 - Crosby, Stills & Nash - Santa Barbara Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    I finally made it through a listen of Sun Kil Moon - Benji and had put it on maybe 4 times til I could finally feel mentally like, "just fuck it just let this guy blabber on" while I'm doing paperwork .
    last.fm, if you care

Twitter, if you dare

Coachella sets are so short sometimes for the really good/rare acts and before I used to look at Coachella as a chance to see many bands for a cheaper overall price, but have found I enjoy when bands get all the time they need for a performance, rather than after 40 minutes say "Oh fuck, we only got one more song, uhhhh SINGLE!"
    This is pretty much where I am currently.
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    Has Pitchfork revealed it's top 200 covers by Arcade Fire yet?

Ty Segall - 9/5 - The Mohawk
    Seth Troxler - 9/5 - Vulcan Gas Company
    Black Lips/King Khan & BBQ Show - 9/12 - J. Lorraine Ghost Town
    DJ Shadow/Cut Chemist - 9/18 - Moody Theater
    Bonobo (DJ set) - 10/10 - The Mohawk
    Caribou - 11/23 - The Mohawk

Quote Originally Posted by TallGuyCM View Post
    Hey mugwog, you're talking about The Audio Visual Experience or whatever it's called yeah?
    Yeah, the DVD that came with Silent Shout. Made me really envious of those who got to see that ONE tour they did.

Yeah, the DVD that came with Silent Shout. Made me really envious of those who got to see that ONE tour they did.
    I got into The Knife in 2006 for a few weeks before I decided to check their tour schedule and of course they had JUST been to this area before I checked and haven't been back since.

Facebook // Twitter // Blog // Tumblr // Instagram
    Coachella: 04,06,07,09,10,11,12(1&2),13(1&2),14(1&2)
    Upcoming shows
    Swans 9/8, Modest Mouse 9/26, Cibo Matto 10/4, The Weeknd/Schoolboy Q/Jhene Aiko 10/10, Placebo 10/23, Charli XCX 10/25, Digitalism 11/7, First Aid Kit 11/13, Tame Impala 11/15, Sky Ferreira 11/23&24
    Events
    Mad Decent Block Party 9/19, Holy Ship! 1/3-6/2015, Coachella 4/10-12&17-19/2015

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    This is a bummer to hear, not that there was much of a chance of them playing anyway

Edmon: Check out their live DVD if you haven't seen it, you'll see why that bolded line from captn is relevant. Coachella sets are so short sometimes for the really good/rare acts and before I used to look at Coachella as a chance to see many bands for a cheaper overall price, but have found I enjoy when bands get all the time they need for a performance, rather than after 40 minutes say "Oh fuck, we only got one more song, uhhhh SINGLE!"
    Oh I've seen it. And if you saw Fever Ray in 2010 you would know that Coachella has taken steps to prove to Karin that they will give her the creative freedom she so cravws. They played for 75 mins and had plenty of open time after their set time just in case they wanted to play longer. I feel like there is no way she could have been disappointed with that performance/festival experience... it was just soooo eerie, beautiful, and perfect.
    it's like, at coachella, we can be a whole group of friends. a whole group of frogs jumping into the streets, jumping into the planet, climbing up the buildings, swimming in the lakes and in the bathtubs. we would be hundreds, thousands, millions. the biggest group of friends the world has ever seen, jumping and laughing forever. it would be great, right?

Like they had Fever Ray close the Mojave with about an hour of free unscheduled time afterwards... Which they never give to any artists. I almost feel like they did that specifically to ensure that the next time The Knife went on tour, they would book Coachella exclusively as their only NA festival appearance...
    Last edited by Edmontonian; 12-12-2012 at 11:37 AM.

VigoTheCarpathian

It's was the Mojave. I think that The Knife would close the Sahara if they played. which is fine

Quote Originally Posted by VigoTheCarpathian View Post
    It's was the Mojave. I think that The Knife would close the Sahara if they played. which is fine
    Did we attend the same festival last year? Good dance acts don't even play the Sahara anymore, why on earth would The Knife play there?

Quote Originally Posted by VigoTheCarpathian View Post
    Nah the Sahara's sole purpose these days is to serve as bro-filter. Karin wouldn't want those bros around anyways. Mojave for sure.

Faaark, Everyone drowning this thread in negativity can GTFO. We have all just received news that an album will be out in the Spring. The same time Coachella is on. Fever Ray has played Coachella before. It is obvious to everyone that THE KNIFE is one of those dream acts that you thought would never play. Now, why in the hell would Goldenvoice ignore these factors and fail to book them or atleast go after them as best they could. I for one am calling it, I believe with a new album they are going to be there closing one of the stages and will sub on their day. Here's to hoping anyway, plus I'd love to see them in a sideshow as well obviously, but can you imagine walking into Coachella knowing you'll see them that night!

Quote Originally Posted by themonstermash View Post
    Faaark, Everyone drowning this thread in negativity can GTFO. We have all just received news that an album will be out in the Spring. The same time Coachella is on. Fever Ray has played Coachella before. It is obvious to everyone that THE KNIFE is one of those dream acts that you thought would never play. Now, why in the hell would Goldenvoice ignore these factors and fail to book them or atleast go after them as best they could. I for one am calling it, I believe with a new album they are going to be there closing one of the stages and will sub on their day. Here's to hoping anyway, plus I'd love to see them in a sideshow as well obviously, but can you imagine walking into Coachella knowing you'll see them that night!

The Knife is not playing Coachella 2013. The end.

Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GuyInTucson View Post
    Source or GTFO
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

Quote Originally Posted by GuyInTucson View Post
    You sound so certain... Is there any reasoning for your opinion or you just 'think' they won't be there. Because both of us has an opinion of whether they're on the lineup or not, only I have reason to believe and you don't. New album right before Coachella and Fever Rays history with the festival. I'm not having a dig at all, your entitled to an opinion and its not a stupid way of thinking at all. Do you just think they are too out there to play in a festival setting and would deny any offer thrown at them?

I think Karin not enjoying Coachella the first time around is a pretty strong indicator. It's no secret that she doesn't like festivals.

I had no idea about the new album- SO EXCITED.

Quote Originally Posted by Phunkevil View Post
    I think Karin not enjoying Coachella the first time around is a pretty strong indicator. It's no secret that she doesn't like festivals.
    When did Karin tell you that?

Or was it published somewhere I could read about it? I'm just really intrigued to read more.

It makes sense why she wouldn't enjoy Festivals as much as real shows, but I can't believe she said this directly about Coachella to you?

Quote Originally Posted by Edmontonian View Post
    Oh I've seen it. And if you saw Fever Ray in 2010 you would know that Coachella has taken steps to prove to Karin that they will give her the creative freedom she so cravws. They played for 75 mins and had plenty of open time after their set time just in case they wanted to play longer. I feel like there is no way she could have been disappointed with that performance/festival experience... it was just soooo eerie, beautiful, and perfect.
    Yeah, she got way more setup time and got to close the tent, and it was the best thing I've ever witnessed at 7 years of Coachella. I think they played mid afternoon at Latitude. But apparently it didn't help. Maybe it helped just enough and something can be worked out, but I am not getting my hopes up. The auditori at Primavera would be perfect, like with Sufjan Stevens, so I think that festival has the best chance of getting The Knife.
    9/10 Swans @ Roxy, 9/18 Neutral Milk Hotel & Daniel Johnston @ Hollywood Bowl, 9/19 Tokimonsta @ El Rey, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/3-4 Desert Stars, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater, 10/22-25 CMJ, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale

To those who keep mentioning that Karin didn't enjoy Coachella, where did you hear/read this?

Quote Originally Posted by Zero23 View Post
    To those who keep mentioning that Karin didn't enjoy Coachella, where did you hear/read this?
    Someone on the board heard it from another Coachella artist when talking about mutual fandom.
    9/10 Swans @ Roxy, 9/18 Neutral Milk Hotel & Daniel Johnston @ Hollywood Bowl, 9/19 Tokimonsta @ El Rey, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/3-4 Desert Stars, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater, 10/22-25 CMJ, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale

So it was hearsay. Meh.

I'm sure festivals aren't her favorite place to play, Coachella included, but they pay. She played festivals with the Knife before, she was fully aware what she was getting into, but she still did festival shows with Fever Ray. There are many artists that prefer headlining shows to festival shows, but festivals are where the money is at.

That being said, who knows about the Knife at Coachella this year. I think it's definitely a possibility, but there's a lot more factors than just whether or not Karin enjoyed it the last time.

If The Knife play any major american festivals though... it's most likely going to be Coachella.
    Last edited by Thisismyname; 12-12-2012 at 02:14 PM.

They have enough money and high enough demand to do whatever the fuck they want, charge whatever they want and get it. Why would they play festivals if they don't want to?
    Quote Originally Posted by roboto View Post
    And stinkbutt leaving a motorhead set when you know he's dying just to talk shit ? Your a shitty person as well .please let mja give you an anal love disease .

No they don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Thisismyname View Post
    So it was hearsay. Meh.

I'm sure festivals aren't her favorite place to play, Coachella included, but they pay. She played festivals with the Knife before, she was fully aware what she was getting into, but she still did festival shows with Fever Ray. There are many artists that prefer headlining shows to festival shows, but festivals are where the money is at.

That being said, who knows about the Knife at Coachella this year. I think it's definitely a possibility, but there's a lot more factors than just whether or not Karin enjoyed it the last time.

If The Knife play any major american festivals though... it's most likely going to be Coachella.
    Said board member has sources that are a tad more reliable than the average person around here. No I am not that board member. That person can out themselves if they would like to.

No need, my point is not about doubting the source or their validity.