Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best Post Genesis Project or Side Project

Default Re: Best Post Genesis Project or Side Project

He announced retirement from touring in 04 i think. (wisdom teeth memories) Of course he came out for Genesis. Then he did that Motown covers album recently and did a few shows at the Roseland Ballroom I think? Made a DVD and shit. Pretty sure my mom has it. Not the same as hearing his original stuff though.

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    also can we get some love for 4, aka Security? I really like that album, it's probably my second favorite PG album. I saw him tour on it, it was an incredibly dramatic concert. It was in this campus music hall, maybe capacity 2000-3000? The lights go down, totally dark, no light on stage, nothing. Then from the back of the room, we hear the drums. ba dum ba dum ba dum. banging out this rhythm. dim light comes on in the hall PG & band enter from the back, walk down the aisle -- I had an aisle seat so PG WALKED RIGHT PAST ME -- climb up on stage, PG disappears, all the lights go out, then next thing you know PG is up on a platform 15 feet above the drum kit, spotlight on him as he sings the first notes of "The Rhythm of the Heat". fucking amazing.
    So jealous.
    "This is like The Shawshank Redemption, only with more tunneling through shit and no fucking redemption." - Malcolm Tucker

I found some clips from the Face Value Classic Albums episode on YouTube.

From 0:00 to 0:43 of this clip they explain why Phil got the idea for the funk version of Behind the Lines.
    From 2:13 to 2:28 Tom Tom Washington explains what the horns knew about Phil Collins at the outset (the quote I paraphrased above).

In this clip, from 2:14 to 3:11 Tom Tom explains how Phil told him what the horns were to do.
    "This is like The Shawshank Redemption, only with more tunneling through shit and no fucking redemption." - Malcolm Tucker

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Correct answer, but don't feed this dimwit
    "Dire Straits"

PWNED