Results 1 to 25 of 25

Thread: Photos 2012 Weekend 1

  1. #1

    Default Photos 2012 Weekend 1

    Is there an official 2012 pictures thred? I haven't seen any official pictures, I know I saw a ton of photographers, don't flame, i've searched everywhere, can't find! Thanks everyone in advance!

  2. #2
    photoslut ivankay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Stanton, Ca
    Posts
    7,877

    Default Re: Photos 2012 Weekend 1

    i am one of the many official picture takers. Most of our pictures are submitted to Goldenvoice and they will pick and choose for whatever they need it for. Eventually a large selection will end up in the Gallery. For years i have made photo threads here on the message board (see my sig below for 2011 stuff). Initially i will create a random selection of pics as Coachella is going on:

    Random Coachella 2012 Pictures

    This year's thread: Some Pictures from Coachella 2012 Until the Long Ass Thread is Made

    i am still working on both and traditionally put up pictures until the next Coachella rolls in.

    Hope you like.

  3. #3
    Member Desaparecidos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    central coast of california
    Posts
    216

    Default Re: Photos 2012 Weekend 1

    Quote Originally Posted by ivankay View Post
    i am one of the many official picture takers. Most of our pictures are submitted to Goldenvoice and they will pick and choose for whatever they need it for. Eventually a large selection will end up in the Gallery. For years i have made photo threads here on the message board (see my sig below for 2011 stuff). Initially i will create a random selection of pics as Coachella is going on:

    Random Coachella 2012 Pictures

    This year's thread: Some Pictures from Coachella 2012 Until the Long Ass Thread is Made

    i am still working on both and traditionally put up pictures until the next Coachella rolls in.

    Hope you like.
    helllooo, i think I saw you taking pictures at breakbot and think there may have been an invaluable one taken of my brother and I.. are the pictures under the random 2012 pictures link your entire cataolouge of pictures that you have from breakbot w.1 or is there more somewhere?

    thanks !

  4. #4
    photoslut ivankay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Stanton, Ca
    Posts
    7,877

    Default Re: Photos 2012 Weekend 1

    ^i have not nor will put the majority up for a while. If you could help narrow it down, i can scan and see if i have one of you and your brother. Did we talk? Did the photographer look like me? Possibly wearing a white hat? Where in the Sahara were you? Did you pose specifically for the picture or are you just hoping?

  5. #5
    Member Originalbob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    SL,UT
    Posts
    676

    Default Re: Photos 2012 Weekend 1

    Are you going to be posting more of the group meetup?

  6. #6
    Daft Punky Junkie BROKENDOLL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    15,562

    Default Re: Photos 2012 Weekend 1

    What are the odds of you possibly Photoshopping my ass into the group picture since I was too pissy to be there and smile that day?

  7. #7
    Old Gay Guy gaypalmsprings's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Palm Springs, CA
    Posts
    20,598

    Default Re: Photos 2012 Weekend 1

    Quote Originally Posted by BROKENDOLL View Post
    What are the odds of you possibly Photoshopping my ass into the group picture since I was too pissy to be there and smile that day?

  8. #8
    photoslut ivankay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Stanton, Ca
    Posts
    7,877

    Default Re: Photos 2012 Weekend 1

    Quote Originally Posted by Originalbob View Post
    Are you going to be posting more of the group meetup?
    i will. At some weird time, they will be put in the thread. i'm back in the real world and those responsibilities are some of the primary reasons it takes me so long to post hundreds and hundreds of pictures.

    Quote Originally Posted by BROKENDOLL View Post
    What are the odds of you possibly Photoshopping my ass into the group picture since I was too pissy to be there and smile that day?
    One day i will possess those skills, but not yet.

  9. #9
    Old Gay Guy gaypalmsprings's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Palm Springs, CA
    Posts
    20,598

    Default Re: Photos 2012 Weekend 1

    After 3 weekends, Mike must have over 20,000 photos. Cut him some slack. Or at least send him money. Ha.

  10. #10
    Member Desaparecidos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    central coast of california
    Posts
    216

    Default Re: Photos 2012 Weekend 1

    Quote Originally Posted by ivankay View Post
    ^i have not nor will put the majority up for a while. If you could help narrow it down, i can scan and see if i have one of you and your brother. Did we talk? Did the photographer look like me? Possibly wearing a white hat? Where in the Sahara were you? Did you pose specifically for the picture or are you just hoping?
    Err the photographer in question was wearing one of those floppy hats I believe, not sure on the color but it was light.. We would have been on the right side (facing the stage) of the fence right about where the stage meets the tvs. in the picture my brother and i were both wearing tanktops and i was jumping up behind him to get in the picture.. we didnt talk to the photographer but rain check if it was you ! thanks

  11. #11
    Coachella Junkie Mugwog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    6,671

    Default Re: Photos 2012 Weekend 1

    Were you that one photographer I saw at Coachella this year?

  12. #12
    photoslut ivankay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Stanton, Ca
    Posts
    7,877

    Default Re: Photos 2012 Weekend 1

    Quote Originally Posted by Desaparecidos View Post
    Err the photographer in question was wearing one of those floppy hats I believe, not sure on the color but it was light.. We would have been on the right side (facing the stage) of the fence right about where the stage meets the tvs. in the picture my brother and i were both wearing tanktops and i was jumping up behind him to get in the picture.. we didnt talk to the photographer but rain check if it was you ! thanks
    Are you in these:




  13. #13
    Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    8,399

    Default Re: Photos 2012 Weekend 1

    Looks like it would fit the description
    Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    kvnty offered me 2 fists for one companion parking pass

  14. #14
    Member Desaparecidos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    central coast of california
    Posts
    216

    Default Re: Photos 2012 Weekend 1

    That is exactly it !!! hahah you are awesome ivankay, cant stress enough my thank you !
    Last edited by Desaparecidos; 05-06-2012 at 08:37 PM.

  15. #15
    Milkshake suprefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Burbank CA
    Posts
    43,940

    Default Re: Photos 2012 Weekend 1

    Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    After 3 weekends, Mike must have over 20,000 photos. Cut him some slack. Or at least send him money. Ha.
    I had 24,000 after just Weekend 1, and I had less photo access than Mike had.

  16. #16
    Member frazzles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,940

    Default Re: Photos 2012 Weekend 1

    Cool story, supre
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Blowjobs are the best when your pubes are moist with tears
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    I got really good grades in school, but I suck at life.

  17. #17
    photoslut ivankay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Stanton, Ca
    Posts
    7,877

    Default Re: Photos 2012 Weekend 1

    Quote Originally Posted by Desaparecidos View Post
    That is exactly it !!! hahah you are awesome ivankay, cant stress enough my thank you !
    You're welcome.

    Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    I had 24,000 after just Weekend 1, and I had less photo access than Mike had.
    Not sure of the number, but for the weekend i'm pretty sure i had less than 10,000. i'll try to figure it out. i suspect the 3 weekends is pushing that 20,000 range. A lot of my access is for getting to and fro. Taking pictures of the backstage area is pretty meh. Only when there's something unusual going on like this:


  18. #18
    Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    8,399

    Default Re: Photos 2012 Weekend 1

    Suprefan: Always trying to 1+ everyone
    Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    kvnty offered me 2 fists for one companion parking pass

  19. #19
    photoslut ivankay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Stanton, Ca
    Posts
    7,877

    Default Re: Photos 2012 Weekend 1

    i don't think Chris is playing the 1+ game. And i understand why he thought 20,000 was a low number. i used to shoot more, but mellow it down as time goes on. One time i got to talk to one of my concert photography idols, Glen Friedman. When telling him i liked to shoot shows too, i dropped "Oh, i must have taken over 20,000 pictures last year". He replied "I don't think I have taken 20,000 in my life." Those words still echo though my head when i shoot. Don't get me wrong, i still let the shutter fly, just not as much.


    The master signing my copy of "Fuck You Too"

  20. #20

    Default Re: Photos 2012 Weekend 1

    Hello Ivankay... don't know if you remember me, chatted a little after Kasabian Weekend 2, your friend? (I presume) wanted to trade a beer for my kasabian glow stick (which by the way was handed to me by supermodel Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, she was just in front of me on the other side of the rail, nice girl), I don't recall watching you on full photog gear, maybe W2 you just went to see the show as a normal person.

    Anyway as I said, hope to see your pictures when they come, always brings a smile to my face.

  21. #21
    photoslut ivankay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Stanton, Ca
    Posts
    7,877

    Default Re: Photos 2012 Weekend 1

    Thanks. The Saturday of Weekend 2 was my day off for fun (and the best Coachella day i have had in years). i chose to only have one lens for my SLR that day. i had to be at Kasabian (the headliner that didn't headline). Show rocked hard. i have a few pictures from that show up in my set. This would be the first one (click to go to the pic):


    The crutch cracks me up. Guess he didn't get a glow stick.

    Here's another:


  22. #22

    Default Re: Photos 2012 Weekend 1

    You said it, one of the top 3 sets of this year hands down!

  23. #23
    photoslut ivankay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Stanton, Ca
    Posts
    7,877

    Default Re: Photos 2012 Weekend 1

    Amen. And i do remember when Sexecutioner tried to bargain your stick away with a beer.

  24. #24

    Default Re: Photos 2012 Weekend 1

    campspot.jpg

    Nice pics ivankay, as always... just by chance in one of them my campsite is almost visible and I swear I can see my head as I put one of the tarps on)

  25. #25
    photoslut ivankay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Stanton, Ca
    Posts
    7,877

    Default Re: Photos 2012 Weekend 1

    Awesome! Can't do it now, but i'll try a crop later to see how nice it can look.

Similar Threads

  1. Your top 5 performances from 2012 (weekend two edition)
    By bmack86 in forum Line Up/Artists
    Replies: 173
    Last Post: 01-20-2013, 02:17 PM
  2. Your top 5 performances from 2012 (weekend one edition)
    By GuyInTucson in forum Line Up/Artists
    Replies: 239
    Last Post: 06-04-2012, 09:42 PM
  3. Best Headliner 2012 Weekend 1
    By Kropladop in forum Polls
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-03-2012, 02:43 PM
  4. Photos from Weekend 1 & 2
    By ticketless in forum Misc. Babble
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-23-2012, 08:37 PM
  5. Photos from weekend 1
    By ticketless in forum Past Experiences
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-17-2012, 12:38 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •