Thread: MISSED CONNECTIONS COACHELLA 2012 WEEKEND 2

Default MISSED CONNECTIONS COACHELLA 2012 WEEKEND 2

Figured I'd start a thread like this for you weekend 2 saps. I'll start.

Your name was Minerva (like the Deftones song, as you jokingly said) and you were from Chihuahua, Mexico but went to school in El Paso for nursing. We met after the festival ended on Sunday night and wandered the campgrounds with my friend Ray and those two Asian girls trying to find a place to dance besides the silent disco. You seemed really awesome as we loved a lot of the same bands and just had a really great time together. I was hoping to see you again the next morning as we packed up since you were camping next to us but alas, your group was already gone by the time I woke up

I caught your last name but no numbers or anything. Bummer.
    Last edited by TickleMeElmo; 04-24-2012 at 05:17 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by travelfan View Post
    It's a bit unfair though, when I change an MP3 halfway through a song at a party I get yelled at, whereas Skrillex probably got a blow job.

Banned

Default Re: MISSED CONNECTIONS COACHELLA 2012 WEEKEND 2

that's why i always keep a spare roofie in my pocket. you never know when the love of your life is going to drop into your lap

Quote Originally Posted by TickleMeElmo View Post
    Figured I'd start a thread like this for you weekend 2 saps. I'll start.

Your name was Minerva (like the Deftones song, as you jokingly said) and you were from Chihuahua, Mexico but went to school in El Paso for nursing. We met after the festival ended on Sunday night and wandered the campgrounds with my friend Ray and those two Asian girls trying to find a place to dance besides the silent disco. You seemed really awesome as we loved a lot of the same bands and just had a really great time together. I was hoping to see you again the next morning as we packed up since you were camping next to us but alas, your group was already gone by the time I woke up

I caught your last name but no numbers or anything. Bummer.
    Did you try Minerva <last name> in facebook? Google+ Hell, even regular google?
    With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams; it is still a beautiful world.
    Coachella: 08, 09, 10, 11, 12w1, 12w2, 13w1, 14w2
    Lollapalooza: 08,10,11,12
    Burning Man: 08,10

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderbot View Post
    Did you try Minerva <last name> in facebook? Google+ Hell, even regular google?
    Yes, turns out there are a shit ton of them, many with profile pictures of something other than themselves.
    Quote Originally Posted by travelfan View Post
    It's a bit unfair though, when I change an MP3 halfway through a song at a party I get yelled at, whereas Skrillex probably got a blow job.

Chandler, Emma, and Ben. That's all I got. Good peoples.

I think I met some people from the boards. I can only remember feather.

That's super sweet..

Was anybody at the Silent Dance Party on the last night? I'm wondering if any of those guys who started that dance cypher are on here.Hilarious..
    "Inhale the good shit, exhale the bull$hit"...

Lurker

<re-posted>

Early Sunday morning I couldn't sleep, so I stayed out on a bale of hay to watch the sunrise.
    Then Chris from Stanford stumbled by and kept talking about wanting water and how the lights were like heaters.
    While trying to get Chris to leave me alone, "Nina" and Pat walked by after just meeting 10 minutes before.
    We all decided to stay together, since none of us could sleep and our friends were all knocked out.
    We went to the Silent Disco and got to dance to the very last song before they closed at 6am.
    On our way to finally go to Chris' lights, we got our picture taken in front of the Yellow Submarine by an Australian in gold pants,
    and a character with neon animal print leggings and Christmas lights around his neck.
    These two joined us as we walked upon the grass, still a little "buzzed" from the epic Saturday we all had.
    We ended up at the bales of hay near the Store, where we sat and watched the sunrise.
    We talked about each other, Australia, Coachella, drugs, pb & j's, and how we all really liked each other.

If you're reading, I'm trying to get a hold of you, dammit!
    Chris .5, Pat and The Stolen Water Gun, Simon From Down Under, and "Radio" From Rodando Beach

And good luck to those who are also looking for people you encountered at Coachella.

I'll take the SAP award - I didn't even get a name, hah!
    Nevertheless ...

To the blond girl (w/ blue eyes) in the long blue dress who sat down near me at the Do LaB tent on Sunday (4/22) night ... I wish that we could have looked at the stars together, but my brain hit overdrive & I went all mute.

Chances are the devil will start selling ice cream before you read this, but I had to get it out of my system.
    Farewell and adieu ... from the black guy in the blue shirt.
    Last edited by phoenix5150; 04-28-2012 at 12:13 PM.

To the Canadian girl from Vancouver, we layed on the grass together side-by-side, you had me feel your legs to check for stubble They were smooth! We talked for awhile, then we danced to Radiohead, I put you up on my shoulders, and your $100 dollar bill kept falling out of your tube top.

After Radiohead you went to go charge your cell phone and I left back to my condo. We exchanged names, but it was so loud I couldn't make yours out. Thanks for putting a smile on my face Saturday night!

to connor,

im still not sure as to why we never exchanged numbers. i suppose it wasnt on our minds at the time.
    well i hope you read this. im going to make sure i get to the youth lagoon show at the echoplex may 7th, i truely hope to see you there...

from kelly

To girl at Calvin Harris tent. sigh...i will prob never see you again but wow you were beautiful. What a great set that was too. So much energy and such a crowded tent. Idiot me would rather go have fun with his friends than go back to find the girl of his dreams. If you are that dark-haired girl with the blue shirt near the water stand looking into the calvin harris tent that grabbed me while i was on the way to the bathroom....post away!!!! the crazy things molly makes me do.....................

That's my girlfriend bro! Back the fuck off

Lurker

^ ha ha!

To the austrlian guys that i meet at swedish house mafia I lost you guys after the show was over I was wearing a long feather

Quote Originally Posted by daniela2794 View Post
    To the austrlian guys that i meet at swedish house mafia I lost you guys after the show was over I was wearing a long feather
    They are back in Australia.

To all the bitches giving me the eye, I already got a bitch so back the fuck off.

To the adorable Irish dude from New York who offered to carry me on his shoulders during The Rapture... I regret not getting your info before your friends dragged you off to the Black Keys. Wish you had hung around for M83. Thanks for the sweet little kiss on the hand though

To my adorable dance partner during Kaskade, Eric.
    I totally regret not making a side trip to fourth & main.
    You made my Coachella one to remember If you come across this, my email is katieryanlund@gmail.com

Dear Irene, you were the sweet French, dirty blonde UCSB student who smoked a lot and welcomed me into your smoking circle late Sunday/early Monday after the festt...so you may have not of even thought of me in a romantic manner, hell...I suspect your "friend" you were watching over as he rolled was probably your boyfriend....fuck it. You were super chill and sweet and gorgeous, and I'm glad you trusted following me to my campsite only to fetch a sweater then stay up and watch the sunrise.
    -Oscar
    I would never want to belong to any club that would have someone like me for a member...

Otso, Hansi (correct spelling?), Johnathan and Mikael from Finland... send me a message if you see this! I'd like to add you guys on facebook. I was the guy right behind you guys in the campsite that goes to UCLA

To the awesome asian guy that let me in a little closer during the Black Keys even though they were your fav! My friend dragged off, and i was hoping to see you at Awolnation like we mentioned. Sincerely girl with the cowboy hat and a fatty leg brace haha

To Hans Moleman- Thanks for letting me throw a football at your crotch.

This thread is hillarious. Nice job.
    "How long will this last, this delicious feeling of being alive, of having penetrated the veil which hides beauty and the wonders of celestial vistas? It doesn't matter, as there can be nothing but gratitude for even a glimpse of what exists for those who can become open to it."