Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: It's raining MCA. Damn.

whiney pain in butt

Default Re: It's raining MCA. Damn.

Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    This one hits especially hard. I think a lot of people (myself included) really thought he was going to bounce back. Not even 50 yet. Fuck.
    :-( I was hoping the new album was a good sign he was recovering

Facebook // Twitter // Blog // Tumblr // Instagram
    Coachella: 04,06,07,09,10,11,12(1&2),13(1&2),14(1&2)
    Upcoming shows
    Offspring/Pennywise/Bad Religion 8/31, Swans 9/8, Modest Mouse 9/26, Cibo Matto 10/4, The Weeknd/Schoolboy Q/Jhene Aiko 10/10, Placebo 10/23, Charli XCX 10/25, Digitalism 11/7, First Aid Kit 11/13, Tame Impala 11/15, Sky Ferreira 11/23&24
    Events
    Mad Decent Block Party 9/19, Holy Ship! 1/3-6/2015, Coachella 4/10-12&17-19/2015

junior seau, mca, ???

who is gonna be the third?

whiney pain in butt

And what do you do when
    Your man kills himself and
    How do I make friends now

And where is my Mom
    I need to show her that
    She taught me

And please let me
    Die an instant death

Wow! I can't even come up with something to say. I am that shocked and entirely blindsided. We all are.

RIP, Adam.
    Quote Originally Posted by insbordnat View Post
    If you're in a relationship that causes Ancestry.com to crash, it's probably inappropriate.

ughhhh :C
    Quote Originally Posted by psychic friend View Post
    the best songs are the ones that dont remind you of anyone in particular yet still give you that utter euphoric contentedness of perfection in your mind, body and soul. keep them close.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boourns View Post
    A bag of doritos > RHCP > getting kicked in the balls > Mumford & Sons > skinned alive > Macklemore
    Quote Originally Posted by elliottb View Post
    Ohh god, you guys are so fucking sensitive. Yes there is potential to get laid at Coachella if you camp or are willing to have sex against the fences by the Sahara.

whiney pain in butt

http://www.beastiemania.com/whois/madonna/

"They were very bad boys—they said 'fuck' all the time on the stage. The audience always booed them and they always told everyone to fuck off. I just loved them for that. I couldn't understand why everyone hated them—I thought they were so adorable." --Madonna on The Beastie Boys opening for her on The Virgin Tour 1985

Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    This one hits especially hard. I think a lot of people (myself included) really thought he was going to bounce back. Not even 50 yet. Fuck.
    Completely agree. I was sure he would be back better than ever, and he just needed extra time to recover. I never got to see them live either, and I'm incredibly bummed about that now.
    Quote Originally Posted by TickleMeElmo View Post
    Coachella will come out of the closet announcing it's gay. Most will applaud it while some will sell their passes.

Fuck this.
    This ain't no middle of the mall shit.

Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    For Linkin Park this is kind of embarrassing, but this song would be great live if you just wanna have fun and grind on a girl.
    Diarrhea Planet 2015

So fucking sad...

Quote Originally Posted by Spooks View Post
    Funny thing is, people will say the same thing when you drop dead. Bad fucking things are in your future buddy. You are, unquestionably, a waste of oxygen. I never got people who cut down a dead person even if it is a musician you don't like. Just don't say anything. By all accounts Adam was a standup guy and he did a lot for charity and Tibet so lay off the bs. RIP MCA. Thank you for the music and the art
    He's just trolling. Predictable as shit.

Quote Originally Posted by thelastgreatman View Post
    Due to the fact that you're all a bunch of whiny post-reported babies, for legal reasons I must apologize for not shedding a tear at the passing of this amazing talent. Hopefully he's shaking his rump with Jesus now.
    Nobody gives a fuck. Go bump another one of your shitty threads that no one cares about.

Outsidelands 2009, I was excited for a lot of the bands but I knew from day 1 that I bought my ticket to see The Beastie Boys. I was crushed when they dropped but always assumed he'd get better and I'd have my chance in the future. God damn this is a hell of a bummer.

RIP MCA

whiney pain in butt

From middle school through college and beyond so many of these songs bring back vivid memories. I still remember racing to the record store on my bike to get Pauls Boutique. Smoking weed my first summer and listening to Check your head non stop while skateboarding. Break dancing parties in the backyard drunk as fuck to Hello Nasty.

So pretty much Bonarroo got the last taste of the Beaties right?
    OutKast-TheKnife-Replacements-theGlitchMob-JagwarMa-Shlohmo-MSMR-AntiFlag-CaravanPalace-GabbaGabbaHeys-EllieGoulding-NekoC-AFI-Bonobo-theCult-Bastille

QOTSA-Lorde-PetShopBoys-MGMT-EmpireOfTheSun-CageTheElephant-Chvrches-CapitalCities-Temples-Naked&Famous-Mogwai-HolyGhost-WhiteLies-theInternet-LauraMvula-

ArcadeFire-Beck-NMH-Disclosure-LanaDelRey-Motörhead-LittleDragon-ToyDolls-1975-Krewella-Fishbone-TromboneShorty-ArtDept-Bombino-BadManners-SurferBlood-BoNingen-JRoddy-FactoyFloor

I saw this picture on MSN, and it broke my heart.

Awwww, that is so sweet!
    Quote Originally Posted by involvelemons View Post
    Silent discos are like having sex with a virgin: really exciting in theory, extremely awkward in execution.
    Quote Originally Posted by BROKENDOLL View Post
    I bet Cara's gotten enough Twats on a Platter and Dick on a Stick to open her own Trolls to Go snack shop.

I hadn't even thought of that. Was it really their last show? Damn hindsight, I left Beastie Boys a bit early to catch David Byrne. I was thinking it might be my only shot at Byrne, go figure.

My Beastie Experience

- When I was about 11 years old I used to wake up every morning at 6 and deliver newspapers on my bike while listening to my cassette tape of Licensed to Ill and recite every single lyric. Happy I got to see them in concert multiple times.

- They were the first headliner I ever saw at Coachella. I saw them in Chicago and for the encore they appeared on a stage about 5 feet from my seats in the very back of the venue and . Saw them in an outdoor venue by the lake and remember just getting really baked and having a blast. And I got to see them at one of their final performances at Bonnaroo in 2009.

- When I was 18 I had a fake ID and I was the one who would get us booze. The only shop that would take my ID was in this bad neighborhood so I went out to get us whatever they had. Well they had Brass Monkey and I didn't think twice about getting it. Loved it and it tasted terrible. All because of the Beasties. Might have to go buy a bottle tonight.

When I was at Burning Man I was walking away from opulent Temple and all of a sudden the DJ started to play this. I was stopped in my tracks and turned around and went ape shit. Good times. Crank it loud!!!

RIP - MCA
    Check out Sleeping is Giving in for great mixes and other cool stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Sushov23 View Post
    I hadn't even thought of that. Was it really their last show? Damn hindsight, I left Beastie Boys a bit early to catch David Byrne. I was thinking it might be my only shot at Byrne, go figure.
    Oh man. I took David Byrne over Beasties. I'm not really a Beasties fan though. But I feel bad for Paul and Jenny and y'all.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

I remember sitting in my cousins car (she was the cool older cousin I always wanted to hang with) listening to Brass Monkey. It was the first time I ever heard the song, and I have loved them and that song ever since.
    Quote Originally Posted by involvelemons View Post
    Silent discos are like having sex with a virgin: really exciting in theory, extremely awkward in execution.
    Quote Originally Posted by BROKENDOLL View Post
    I bet Cara's gotten enough Twats on a Platter and Dick on a Stick to open her own Trolls to Go snack shop.

1987 - Beasties at Liverpool Royal Court was the second show I ever bought a ticket for. Ended in a full scale riot involving tear gas after 3 songs. I bought a t shirt that night. Here is a 15 year old me wearing it.

Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    well, for all intensive porpoises it is, will sell out within seconds tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by korbinn View Post
    It's jsut dawned on me that I'm overly confident and a extremely ocd perfectionist.
    Quote Originally Posted by kroqken View Post
    I don't give a flying fuck about the Kardashians, I doubt they know who Belle and Sebastian are.

Rest in Peace MCA. Your memory will live on forever through your music.

RIP. Maybe now people will stop mistakenly saying Mike D is(was) the one with cancer...
    Friday: Outkast, The Knife, The Replacements, Broken Bells, Girl Talk, Haim, Bryan Ferry
    Saturday: Lorde, Empire of the Sun, Fatboy Slim, Nas, Kid Cudi, Sleigh Bells, CHVRCHES, Mogwai, Bombay Bicycle Club, Holy Ghost!, The Internet
    Sunday: Arcade Fire, Neutral Milk Hotel, Disclosure, Chance the Rapper, Starfucker, Superchunk, Poolside
    ----
    Robert DeLong - The Independent - Jan 28
    Mad Caddies - Slim's - Feb 8
    St. Vincent - Fox Theatre - March 22

I'd imagine that night was fun

Check out Sleeping is Giving in for great mixes and other cool stuff

Quote Originally Posted by shotglass75 View Post
    I'd imagine that night was fun

The night they pulled a train on Madonna.

Like many of you I spent a good amount of time listening to the Beastie Boys as kid. I believe the first CD I ever purchased was Hello Nasty.

Before I was born my Mom and her friend Pam (whom you may know as "Funky Pam" from the song Beasties' song "What Comes Around") opened a nightclub in Los Angeles called performance where they hosted the first ever L.A. Beastie Boys show. I grew up constantly hearing stories about the Beastie Boys and other acts that came through the club. I was even named "Dante" in part after Dante Ross, a close friend of the Beasties that my Mother met through them.

Fucking sad day. I'm grateful I had the chance to see them live once.
    Last edited by GolfWang; 05-04-2012 at 01:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    well, for all intensive porpoises it is, will sell out within seconds tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by korbinn View Post
    It's jsut dawned on me that I'm overly confident and a extremely ocd perfectionist.
    Quote Originally Posted by kroqken View Post
    I don't give a flying fuck about the Kardashians, I doubt they know who Belle and Sebastian are.

whiney pain in butt

Went to the Hello Nasty tour in Denver when I was in high school around age 17. I brought my friend Becky with me. I remember all the monks handing out flyers about buddhism while we were walking in. We were very close up in the now torn down McNichols Arena and Money Mark opened up from them. This group of guys in front of us pulled out this seriously long joint, like a foot long, all wrapped up and looked like something out of a cartoon. The bass from Money Mark was so heavy it pushed us back into our seats. The guys in front of us lit up the joint and it was the first time I got high. The second hand smoke from it seriously knocked us out. We both awoke around the second song of Beastie Boys already into their set. They jumped, jived and played every instrument on a circular rotating stage. The whole thing still feels like weird dream, an amazing, sonic wet dream of funk, rap and beats.