Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 75

Thread: Depeche Mode for 2013

  1. #31

    Default Re: Depeche Mode for 2013

    I've been to those stadium tours and I consider myself a Depeche Mode fan going back to the 80s, I'm only saying that there are acts that could knock them down to a top tier sub IF coachella booked one or more of those said acts. I'm firmly in place on the DM bandwagon and would love for them to headline, it's just that I can see a scenario that Coachella would book them as a sub-headliner or co-headliner similar to the Strokes and Kanye in 2010 (not to compare The Strokes to DM at all) and Depeche Mode could agree to it, possibly even in addition to one or 2 of those stadium shows.
    last.fm | facebook | twitter | tumblr
    2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011
    2012 2013 2014
    8/5 Arcade Fire (Sleep Train Amphitheater) 10/3-5 Austin City Limits

  2. #32
    Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    DTLA, CA
    Posts
    21,308

    Default Re: Depeche Mode for 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Jen, he has done it much more in recent tours.
    It's because EVERY band with rapid fanbases who know all the words to every song do this. It's a way of getting the audience in on the act.
    last.fm
    8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/6/14 Elvis Costello & Ben Folds - Hollywood Bowl
    9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL // 9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

  3. #33
    zeezus amyzzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Arizzzona
    Posts
    40,886

    Default Re: Depeche Mode for 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by scenicworld View Post
    I've been to those stadium tours and I consider myself a Depeche Mode fan going back to the 80s, I'm only saying that there are acts that could knock them down to a top tier sub IF coachella booked one or more of those said acts. I'm firmly in place on the DM bandwagon and would love for them to headline, it's just that I can see a scenario that Coachella would book them as a sub-headliner or co-headliner similar to the Strokes and Kanye in 2010 (not to compare The Strokes to DM at all) and Depeche Mode could agree to it, possibly even in addition to one or 2 of those stadium shows.
    No. Why would Depeche Mode agree to that? Are you nuts?
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

  4. #34
    Coachella Junkie Miroir Noir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Zip City
    Posts
    7,348

    Default Re: Depeche Mode for 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by scenicworld View Post
    I've been to those stadium tours and I consider myself a Depeche Mode fan going back to the 80s, I'm only saying that there are acts that could knock them down to a top tier sub IF coachella booked one or more of those said acts.
    No, for your argument to make any sense, it would have to be three of those said acts.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    To you guys I say Wat?????????? Off to ?????? ....... cr****
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    It's hard to argue with that.

  5. #35

    Default Re: Depeche Mode for 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Are you nuts?
    Yes. A little, but my therapist says I'm making progress.

    Quote Originally Posted by Miroir Noir View Post
    No, for your argument to make any sense, it would have to be three of those said acts.
    I wouldn't call it an argument, just an opinion.
    last.fm | facebook | twitter | tumblr
    2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011
    2012 2013 2014
    8/5 Arcade Fire (Sleep Train Amphitheater) 10/3-5 Austin City Limits

  6. #36
    zeezus amyzzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Arizzzona
    Posts
    40,886

    Default Re: Depeche Mode for 2013

    Not sure why I'm arguing so much in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

  7. #37
    Stage Manager captncrzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    TBD
    Posts
    19,849

    Default Re: Depeche Mode for 2013

    There's very little that would knock DM down to a subheadliner or into a co-headliner thingy...and nothing you've mentioned thus far is it. Not that they would ever be booked as a subheadliner ever. Because that's just crazy.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

  8. #38

    Default Re: Depeche Mode for 2013

    Subheadliners are supposed to be promoted to headliner, not the other way around

  9. #39
    old school CrimesceneCookie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    2,988

    Default Re: Depeche Mode for 2013

    Why is everyone on this board obsessed with proper line placement of a band at coachella?
    I've seen more inane arguments over this than anything else here.

  10. #40
    Coachella Junkie Mugwog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    6,666

    Default Re: Depeche Mode for 2013

    BECAUSE WHEN PEOPLE SEE MY POSTER I BOUGHT MY FAVROITE BAND WILL BE AT THE TOP

  11. #41
    Member tyles's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Hollyweird, CA
    Posts
    2,215

    Default Re: Depeche Mode for 2013

    Yeah, can you imagine Depeche Mode being asked this:

    "You guys have been an influencial act for 30 years, sold millions of albums, and sold out stadiums and areas for decades. Would you like to sub-headline our festival, playing right before Phoenix?"
    Coachellas attended: 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 (W1), 2013 (W1)

    Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    Theme night listing:

    Thursday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Friday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Saturday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Sunday Night: Boo, I have to go back to my parent's house!
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    The level of sheer laziness and pure speculation and confusion about very easily found and well-known things that this board has gotten to is truly confounding.

  12. #42

    Default Re: Depeche Mode for 2013

    ^ exaggeration

    I can't think of many bands Depeche would *open* for.

    Once you headline a festival, I'd imagine you generally don't return without headlining again. You'd have to have a hell of a backbone to do that

  13. #43
    old school Somewhat Damaged's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    5,307

    Default Re: Depeche Mode for 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    It's because EVERY band with rapid fanbases who know all the words to every song do this. It's a way of getting the audience in on the act.
    Who's got a more rapid fanbase, Depeche Mode or Radiohead?
    Quote Originally Posted by stinkbutt View Post
    It's like finding out an old high school buddy is on meth, and you're not sure if any of the rumors of him giving handies behind Burger King are true but they very likely could be.

  14. #44
    zeezus amyzzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Arizzzona
    Posts
    40,886

    Default Re: Depeche Mode for 2013

    Radiohead doesn't do that singalong bullshit. Thom always sings.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

  15. #45
    Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    DTLA, CA
    Posts
    21,308

    Default Re: Depeche Mode for 2013

    I think the singalong thing is fun. Radiohead songs, by nature, for most part are not really sin-along-y
    last.fm
    8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/6/14 Elvis Costello & Ben Folds - Hollywood Bowl
    9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL // 9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

  16. #46
    zeezus amyzzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Arizzzona
    Posts
    40,886

    Default Re: Depeche Mode for 2013

    I really don't like that Rick invoked Radiohead here. I'm truly sorry I responded to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

  17. #47
    Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    DTLA, CA
    Posts
    21,308

    Default Re: Depeche Mode for 2013

    I've realized now that despite being on of my favorite bands ever, i've only see Depeche Mode ONCE, on the Exciter Tour, 10 YEARS AGO. I'm always broke when they come around and sell tickets. i can't let that happen next time.
    last.fm
    8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/6/14 Elvis Costello & Ben Folds - Hollywood Bowl
    9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL // 9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

  18. #48

    Default Re: Depeche Mode for 2013

    I would shit my pants in excitement if Depeche Mode were subheadlining. It would mean Depeche Mode > David Bowie

  19. #49
    Stage Manager captncrzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    TBD
    Posts
    19,849

    Default Re: Depeche Mode for 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    I've realized now that despite being on of my favorite bands ever, i've only see Depeche Mode ONCE, on the Exciter Tour, 10 YEARS AGO. I'm always broke when they come around and sell tickets. i can't let that happen next time.
    Jesus. That wasn't even a good tour.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

  20. #50
    zeezus amyzzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Arizzzona
    Posts
    40,886

    Default Re: Depeche Mode for 2013

    I haven't missed a tour since Violator. It's Depeche Mode.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

  21. #51
    old school Somewhat Damaged's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    5,307

    Default Re: Depeche Mode for 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    I really don't like that Rick invoked Radiohead here. I'm truly sorry I responded to it.
    I was more making fun of Drinkey's use of the word "rapid" instead of "rabid." Boring day at work.
    Quote Originally Posted by stinkbutt View Post
    It's like finding out an old high school buddy is on meth, and you're not sure if any of the rumors of him giving handies behind Burger King are true but they very likely could be.

  22. #52
    Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    DTLA, CA
    Posts
    21,308

    Default Re: Depeche Mode for 2013

    Yes, i understood that hahaha.
    last.fm
    8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/6/14 Elvis Costello & Ben Folds - Hollywood Bowl
    9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL // 9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

  23. #53

    Default Re: Depeche Mode for 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Radiohead doesn't do that singalong bullshit. Thom always sings.
    This is not true. I've seen Radiohead quite a few times where everyone is singing along loudly
    to quite a few songs.

  24. #54

    Default Re: Depeche Mode for 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by WhatLies View Post
    I would shit my pants in excitement if Depeche Mode were subheadlining. It would mean Depeche Mode > David Bowie
    Not to beat this dead horse some more, but this is the stature of headliner that I was referring to when I said it would make us all say "wow".

    last.fm | facebook | twitter | tumblr
    2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011
    2012 2013 2014
    8/5 Arcade Fire (Sleep Train Amphitheater) 10/3-5 Austin City Limits

  25. #55
    zeezus amyzzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Arizzzona
    Posts
    40,886

    Default Re: Depeche Mode for 2013

    Depeche Mode and David Bowie would be on separate nights.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

  26. #56

    Default Re: Depeche Mode for 2013

    Bowie, Talking Heads and The Smiths are finally all playing and DM is the sub on sunday night
    last.fm | facebook | twitter | tumblr
    2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011
    2012 2013 2014
    8/5 Arcade Fire (Sleep Train Amphitheater) 10/3-5 Austin City Limits

  27. #57
    Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    DTLA, CA
    Posts
    21,308

    Default Re: Depeche Mode for 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    Jesus. That wasn't even a good tour.
    Since i have nothing to compare it to, I disagree. They had a good setlist, Dave was on fucking fire, i loved the visuals. I am really pissed i didn't get to the Hollywood Bowl shows a couple years ago though.
    last.fm
    8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/6/14 Elvis Costello & Ben Folds - Hollywood Bowl
    9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL // 9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

  28. #58

    Default Re: Depeche Mode for 2013

    Anyone go to the Honda Center show in '09? I had to sell my tix (for a good reason). Setlist looked good.

  29. #59
    Old Gay Guy gaypalmsprings's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Palm Springs, CA
    Posts
    20,732

    Default Re: Depeche Mode for 2013

    Went to Kimmel & Hollywood bowl twice. Lots of boardies did.

  30. #60
    Member tyles's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Hollyweird, CA
    Posts
    2,215

    Default Re: Depeche Mode for 2013

    I was at the first of the two nights at the Hollywood Bowl. Great show, and closing with "Waiting For The Night" was a perfect way to end it.
    Coachellas attended: 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 (W1), 2013 (W1)

    Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    Theme night listing:

    Thursday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Friday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Saturday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Sunday Night: Boo, I have to go back to my parent's house!
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    The level of sheer laziness and pure speculation and confusion about very easily found and well-known things that this board has gotten to is truly confounding.

Similar Threads

  1. I'l say it...Depeche Mode for 2013
    By Electrotek in forum Rumors/Gossip/Wish List
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 02-28-2012, 05:34 PM
  2. Depeche Mode
    By PersonalJesus28 in forum Rumors/Gossip/Wish List
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 03-31-2009, 04:27 PM
  3. Depeche Mode
    By Givemean8ball in forum Rumors/Gossip/Wish List
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-09-2009, 05:48 AM
  4. Depeche Mode
    By Givemean8ball in forum Rumors/Gossip/Wish List
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-09-2009, 04:01 AM
  5. DEPECHE MODE
    By youcutyourhair in forum Rumors/Gossip/Wish List
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 02-01-2009, 06:38 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •