Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Depeche Mode for 2013

Cool Depeche Mode for 2013

I know there's a thread with a new title. But I demand Depeche Mode in 2013. They are the reason I started attending Coachella - in 2006.

Default Re: Depeche Mode for 2013

GPS, you should know better than to post this in the wrong forum.

Besides, word is they hated it the last time they played.
    Quote Originally Posted by travelfan View Post
    It's a bit unfair though, when I change an MP3 halfway through a song at a party I get yelled at, whereas Skrillex probably got a blow job.

I think there's a very good chance that this is one of our headliners or at least one of our top-tier subs.

http://www.slicingupeyeballs.com/201...bum-tour-2013/

“We’ve probably got 20 songs demoed,” Gahan told Spin. “Some of the songs are in really good shape, some need some work, but we’re definitely on track. We have a deadline of the end of November, and there’s no reason we why we won’t meet that at the rate we’re going.”

As for the addition of Berg to the DM studio team, Gahan said, “He’s a great musician and has a lot of fantastic ideas. He’s not afraid to stand up and say, ‘I got an idea.’ I like that. It’s quite intimidating working with a band like ours because you have certain expectations of how it is. A lot are true and some aren’t. Martin and I are open to other people’s ideas.”

Martin Gore previously has promised that the new album will be out “no later than early 2013,” and Gahan confirms that its release will coincide with a new Depeche Mode tour: ”There are already plans in place to be touring next year.”
    last.fm | facebook | twitter | tumblr
    2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011
    2012 2013 2014
    8/5 Arcade Fire (Sleep Train Amphitheater) 10/3-5 Austin City Limits

This would make me very happy. Was front row for them at Lollapalooza 2009. Good time.

I remember hearing something about their 06' apperance being less than great. I refuse to believe.

it really wasn't that great, and I left after a few songs to get ready for Daft Punk. I've seen DM 5 times at that point, and it definitely wasn't one of their finest moments, but I think part of it was the new material at the time. Hopefully the new album returns them to their glory!
    2012 2013 2014

They were pretty good at Lolla 09, so I would see them again.

Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar

i'd be down
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

This would make me happy though I doubt it will happen (as mentioned above there's something about them not enjoying it last time). I had to sell my tickets to see them in 09. Setlist looked awesome

depeche mode needs a redemptionchella

While this would be very very cool, I kinda think Paul is trying for something else. Just a gut feeliing.
    Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    Smooches. =)

thestripe

Support.

old school

I always get some stares & props when I wear my Depeche Mode Tour of the Universe Crew shirt.
    "Oh this uncertainty is taking me over"

Definitely support!
    Coachella '10, '11, '12 (w2), '13 (w1), '14 (w1) and hopefully every one after

"I was born with music inside me. Music was one of my parts. Like my ribs, my kidneys, my liver, my heart. Like my blood. It was a force already within me when I arrived on the scene. It was a necessity for me-like food or water."
    Ray Charles

they played San Jose right before Coachella, most amazing performance ever (even played 'just can't get enough') and it was my third time seeing them. they were good at Coachella, but seemed a little off their high mark, maybe the layout, fatigue...who knows.

In 2006 I was entertained but wasn't feeling the newer songs. Waited and waited for the 80s to come and had to tear ourselves away for something that we heard was gonna be cool in the Sahara.

was a long time fan of DM. My problem with them live now is Dave doesn't sing, he consistently holds his mic to the audience while Martin does the background. Every once in a while on a MAJOR HIT I am all for, but when its every frigging song i have a problem. Go and listen to the live performance at Coachella when they played. On a good note though they did do Photographic that night which made me feel oodles of happiness
    "The Coachella Valley wasn't always like this, there's been a great many changes made since I came here some 67 years ago"

I was at that San Jose show, 4th row in front of the catwalk, they were definitely on their game that night.

And yes to Depeche Mode in 2013!

I would give my left nut for this but Coachella doesnt seem to cater to this kind of crowd anymore
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Coyne
    People treat Arcade Fire like they're the greatest thing ever and they get away with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigur Ros Stache View Post
    was a long time fan of DM. My problem with them live now is Dave doesn't sing, he consistently holds his mic to the audience while Martin does the background. Every once in a while on a MAJOR HIT I am all for, but when its every frigging song i have a problem. Go and listen to the live performance at Coachella when they played. On a good note though they did do Photographic that night which made me feel oodles of happiness
    I have also noticed this and it is really irritating. I think he does it to save his voice. They tour so much which I am sure is hard on his voice.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

Quote Originally Posted by sbessiso View Post
    I would give my left nut for this but Coachella doesnt seem to cater to this kind of crowd anymore
    Yeah, they dont, thats why they booked Duran Duran last year.

wait, really? DD headlined??
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Coyne
    People treat Arcade Fire like they're the greatest thing ever and they get away with it.

Quote Originally Posted by scenicworld View Post
    I think there's a very good chance that this is one of our headliners or at least one of our top-tier subs.
    I don't think DM would be anything but headliners.
    2013 = Coverchella

2011 = Perfectchella

Quote Originally Posted by thefrush View Post
    I don't think DM would be anything but headliners.
    I mostly agree with you, but DM isn't quite as big as they once were and there are plenty of acts that are bigger than they are that would force them into co-headliner or even sub status. That's not to take anything away from DM, but it would be a "wow" moment to see who was billed higher. that's all I meant.
    2012 2013 2014

sadly, I think I agree with you, Scenic.
    Quote Originally Posted by involvelemons View Post
    Silent discos are like having sex with a virgin: really exciting in theory, extremely awkward in execution.
    Quote Originally Posted by BROKENDOLL View Post
    I bet Cara's gotten enough Twats on a Platter and Dick on a Stick to open her own Trolls to Go snack shop.

Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    I have also noticed this and it is really irritating. I think he does it to save his voice. They tour so much which I am sure is hard on his voice.
    He has always done it. He does it to connect with the crowd.

I mostly agree with you, but DM isn't quite as big as they once were and there are plenty of acts that are bigger than they are that would force them into co-headliner or even sub status. That's not to take anything away from DM, but it would be a "wow" moment to see who was billed higher. that's all I meant.
    Just ridiculous to think that DM would be anything but a headliner. They still play arenas. DM would never take a spot at a festival if it was under a headlining spot. Why would they do that when they can play two sold out Bowl shows in LA instead?
    Last edited by captncrzy; 05-03-2012 at 10:04 AM.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

Jen, he has done it much more in recent tours.

And I agree that DM has to be a headliner. Those people above do not seem to understand how big DM's fanbase are. They're HUGE.

He only does it during the hits. Rewatch 101. Does the same thing during the big singalong songs there.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

I'm saying he has done it MORE on those songs in recent tours. More choruses, more verses in each song than he does on 101.

If they play - they would for sure be a headliner. If they were to play in LA right now they would be at the big basketball arenas.