Thread: best places to off-site camp?

Default best places to off-site camp?

im lookin to off-site camp, but im not formiliar with the area and dont know where good spots are. Does anyone have any good spots that are within reasonable walking distance?

Lurker

Default Re: best places to off-site camp?

This is a good question, to which I would also like to know the answer. If the official campsite is very strict about not bringing alcohol in, then I'd rather stay outside but not too far away!

all i know is back in 2004 when radiohead played camping sold out really fast. and when we got there we had to drive all the way to the last campsite on the salton sea ( i have no idea how far this really creepy place is it seemed like forever) and it was a nightmare. so be prepared every year since i have had camping onsite... much better and the only way to exp. coachella

lake cahuilla is really close and worked awesome for me.

right now ATX (that's Austin, TX for you squares)

u really are better off cmaping inside.... unless u plan on getting up early and sitting in a line to go into the festival every morning for a llllooooonnnggg time. Plus they have a bar at the campsite.... actually it might even be 2 bars. you aren ot to suppsoe to camp in the parking lot, but i know people you have....its not pleasant though, casue u cnat set up a cmap or anything.... people just slept in their car. it gets bad in there though....
    honestly...u sohuld do onsite cmaping, the community is fun, and people are always up for playing gmaes or banging on some bongo drums
    see kids, Lily Allen is proof, you can go from being a drug dealer in Ibiza, to a musical star, and eventually play at coachella

Lake Cahuilla was awesome last year! if you wanna stay there u should book now though, all they have left is overflow. It's not far from the venue (couple minutes) and even on the second day last year (when they sold out (madonna and tool were playing)) the lineup to drive in wasn't that bad at all.

Devon

would it be possible to walk to the festival from any of these campsites. i dont have a car