Actually that's a great theme and perfect for you with your love of all things Steely Dan. but do people really 'hate' U2?
Tallguy, the boards hate The Police? WTF is wrong with people. And I thought a lot of us were at the U2 360 shows.
I've been busy moving and such so I have no idea who has sent/received what anymore. This is the list:
I didn't even think you listened to "very twangy country"! And yes, that would be heartless--I DO NOT tolerate "twangy country". Old school, blue grass, yes, the latter, no. I thought I was getting a small taste with The Hold Steady intro but only minor influence.
Mitch: got your mix weeks ago and both CDs are in my rotation of albums. I prefer the classics to the modern dream pop.as I cruise around in my spaceship, the soundtrack brings up thoughts of love, identity and past nostalgia as I drift away in this wasteland known as LA.
To my recipient: it was really fun to stop off a cd mix super late while a little
Hammered. Enjoy the mix TallGuy and the burrito or tacos!
That was such an awesome surprise, Muggy! I can't wait to listen to it. Fantastic artwork!
Mugwog's mix was well worth the wait. Very trippy, and right up my alley. A thoroughly equal mix of stuff I'm familiar with, stuff I'm not, and stuff I had been meaning to listen to but hadn't. I have a long four days of driving this week, and it will most definitely get more spins.
Just gonna leave this here:
1. “Familiar” by Nils Frahm
2. “Minuet For A Cheap Piano Number Two” by A Winged Victory for the Sullen
3. “Tone Bone Kone” by Arthur Russell
4. “Radar” by Hauschka
5. “New Resolution” by Azure Ray
6. “The Page” by Chromatics
7. “I’m Still the Same Person” by Sister Crayon
8. “Ocean Drive” by Miami Nights 1984
9. “Walzer für Niemand” by Sophie Hunger
10. “Sleep” by Soap&Skin
11. “Cry for Judas” by The Mountain Goats
12. “Mr. Ambulance Driver” by The Flaming Lips
13. “True Faith” by New Order
14. “Slippery People” by Talking Heads
15. “She Just Likes to Fight” by Four Tet