Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jamiroquai 2013

Default Re: Jamiroquai 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Mugwog View Post
    Please save Coachella with funky music like this.
    qft

I would love to see him on the Polo Fields!
    '10, '11, '12(W1), '13(W1), '14(W1)*

2013:
    Nine Inch Nails 11/09 | RJD2 11/15
    2014:
    Coachella #1 04/11-13

agree 1000%

I do love me some travellin without moving...

Quote Originally Posted by From Beyond View Post
    agree 1000%

I do love me some travellin without moving...

I have a friend that has a J jacket. I would go just to see her wear that during the show ..... cr****
    Have Another Hit Of Colorado Sunshine

Just announced:
    Saturday 25 February 2013 - Arena, Mexico City, Mexico.
    Monday 27 February 2013 - Arena, Monterrey, Mexico.

For those who listened to the new album, do it. Its full of funky goodness like this. Space Cowboy and Virtual Insanity were my introduction to Jamiroquai, but the new album is incredible.
    DRUGS ON KIDS

Judgy McMarco TeamCoachellaHellYeah's Avatar

this could be fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Reviewers who note the size of the crowd are dumb fucks.
    COACHELLA's: 2001. 2002. 2003. 2004. 2005. 2006. 2007. 2008. 2009. 2010. 2011. 2012. 2013. 2014. 2015.

These guys should play music at a festival.

Realistically, where do you think they would fall on the poster and in time slots? I'm thinking second line, outdoor theater just after nightfall.

Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    I have a friend that has a J jacket. I would go just to see her wear that during the show ..... cr****
    If they play, I will most definitely be wearing that jacket.

Quote Originally Posted by Iamwelting View Post
    Just announced:
    Saturday 25 February 2013 - Arena, Mexico City, Mexico.
    Monday 27 February 2013 - Arena, Monterrey, Mexico.
    This does give me optimisim that they'll finally tour the US for the first time since 2005. As far as Coachella is concerned-
    My optimistic side wants to believe: Since they can really only fill clubs and theaters here (compared to arenas and getting higher billing at fests everywhere else), maybe some fest bookings finally give them some incentive to tour here again.
    My pessimistic side says- Can they really waste 6 weeks touring North America leading up to the fest?

Either way, these dates are super encouraging for some US tour stops.

Quote Originally Posted by Iamwelting View Post
    Realistically, where do you think they would fall on the poster and in time slots? I'm thinking second line, outdoor theater just after nightfall.
    I don't think they're second line, but it smells to me like they'd play the Outdoor or the Mojave opposite a headliner. Really wishful thinking would put them on the main an act or 2 before the headliner, so people are forced to take in the funkiness if they're holding a good spot waiting to see whatever headliner would play after them.

It's wait and see now. The longer they wait to announce a US tour could mean they got booked by the fest... but it also could mean that they aren't touring in the US at all. It's been since 05, and they've toured South America in the past couple years. So they don't seem to really care about the US much (Because on the whole the US doesn't care about them lol).
    If y'all fresh to death, then I'm deceased... -Kanye West
    Jamiroquai 2015 please.
    Quote Originally Posted by miscorrections View Post
    How is any of that ironic? On this board I absolutely expect terrible people to call other people terrible.

I care!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by fiopadp7791 View Post
    This does give me optimisim that they'll finally tour the US for the first time since 2005. As far as Coachella is concerned-
    My optimistic side wants to believe: Since they can really only fill clubs and theaters here (compared to arenas and getting higher billing at fests everywhere else), maybe some fest bookings finally give them some incentive to tour here again.
    My pessimistic side says- Can they really waste 6 weeks touring North America leading up to the fest?

I don't think they're second line, but it smells to me like they'd play the Outdoor or the Mojave opposite a headliner. Really wishful thinking would put them on the main an act or 2 before the headliner, so people are forced to take in the funkiness if they're holding a good spot waiting to see whatever headliner would play after them.

It's wait and see now. The longer they wait to announce a US tour could mean they got booked by the fest... but it also could mean that they aren't touring in the US at all. It's been since 05, and they've toured South America in the past couple years. So they don't seem to really care about the US much (Because on the whole the US doesn't care about them lol).
    They could wander around South America too.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

Before the Mexico dates they're playing Venezuela. But who knows?
    If y'all fresh to death, then I'm deceased... -Kanye West
    Jamiroquai 2015 please.
    Quote Originally Posted by miscorrections View Post
    How is any of that ironic? On this board I absolutely expect terrible people to call other people terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by fiopadp7791 View Post

It would be perfect if they were in the mojave opposite a shitty headliner.

I have a "thing" about J gals but a J group esp Jamiroquai is going to happen .... cr****
    Have Another Hit Of Colorado Sunshine

Bump for 2014

This is one of my biggest Coachella pipedreams (I started the thread last year). The thought of seeing Jamiroquai at my favorite festival is ridiculously exciting, especially because they appear to have completely written America off for a tour. My guess for why it has not happened, despite their constant activity and touring (it seems like they'd be ready to play anywhere at the drop of a hat, they are always playing shows) is that they would only accept billing that GV would not give them, given their huge arena/stadium shows in most other parts of the world.

But Canned Heat in the Mojave is what dreams are made of.