Thread: Friday Nights @ Hollywood Park.

Default Friday Nights @ Hollywood Park.

Just saw this years lineup for the shows at Hollywood Park. .

http://betfairhollywoodpark.com/friday-night-live

May 11- Devo
    May 18- G. Love and Special Sauce
    May 25-SOJA
    June 1-Rebelution
    June 8- The Wailers
    June 15- The Jesus and Mary Chain
    June 22-Jimmy Cliff
    June 29-Michael Franti and Spearhead
    July 6-Iration
    July 13-TBD
    You know, but that's valid because if we are all gonna die anyway shouldn't we be enjoying ourselves now? You know, I'd like to quit thinking of the present, like right now, as some minor insignificant preamble to something else.

---------------------------------------------------
    It's that tad bit of Crazy that keeps me Sane...

Default Re: Friday Nights @ Hollywood Park.

Devo, Jesus and Mary Chain, and Jimmy Cliff!

Yea, we've chatted about in the Upcoming Shows thread (not to worry, I won't "supre" ya).

I've never been to a show here. It looks like the best way to handle is roll up around 7:30pm, pay your $10, watch some races and hang a couple of hours. Can someone maybe share past experiences there for concerts?
    Darkside| Spiritualized| Spiritualized| Pixies| Lord Huron| This Will Destroy You| Tool| Kraftwerk| The National| Neil Young| Coachella| Mogwai| Black Sabbath| Failure/Puscifer/A Perfect Circle| Failure/Puscifer/A Perfect Circle| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| NIN/Soundgarden| Fleetwood Mac

Oh ya i went and saw Steel Pulse there and we arrived to watch a couple races drink some beer then moved over to the spot besides the field for the show..it was a really laid back vibe people were smoking weed every where and it was an all ages crowd,great venue for a show

Paul is dead

SOUNDS COOL, Jimmy Cliff!

Put anything important in your car trunk before driving in and don't flash anything worth anything and you'll be fine.
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

Quote Originally Posted by sonnyboy11 View Post
    Yea, we've chatted about in the Upcoming Shows thread (not to worry, I won't "supre" ya).

I've never been to a show here. It looks like the best way to handle is roll up around 7:30pm, pay your $10, watch some races and hang a couple of hours. Can someone maybe share past experiences there for concerts?
    Sounds about right. We've seen DEVO and English Beat and had really good times. Has the feel of a back yard party.

There are some good shows coming up on here, I'm surprised. I live only 20 minutes away so I'll definitely check out at least one.

Devo tonight!
    Darkside| Spiritualized| Spiritualized| Pixies| Lord Huron| This Will Destroy You| Tool| Kraftwerk| The National| Neil Young| Coachella| Mogwai| Black Sabbath| Failure/Puscifer/A Perfect Circle| Failure/Puscifer/A Perfect Circle| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| NIN/Soundgarden| Fleetwood Mac

July 13th is X

Most likely checking Jimmy Cliff next Friday. Reggae artists and race tracks seem to go hand-in-hand. Saw Steel Pulse free at Santa Anita a few years ago. Eekamouse, dressed to the nines, was a big gambler at Del Mar. I’ll have bud.

My footage of Jesus And Mary Chain last night... good show, but still, a weird location for them, which Jim Reed mention several times:

Coachellas attended: 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 (W1), 2013 (W1)

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    Theme night listing:

Thursday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Friday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Saturday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Sunday Night: Boo, I have to go back to my parent's house!
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    The level of sheer laziness and pure speculation and confusion about very easily found and well-known things that this board has gotten to is truly confounding.

anybody going for Jimmy Cliff?

Si pues. First trying out the clever-ish named Lebanese restaurant "Open Sesame" before heading over there. And if you want a pull or two of my J during the show, then let out a loud "kakaaa, kakaaa" bird call in between songs and I'll find you. Good time tonight all.

So is there an on-site venue? I visualize them playing in the track area but that doesn't seem right.

it's supposed to be in an open field or something. Away from the track. "You can get it if you really want"...that should be the answer to most questions here, especially the dating thread.

The venue is at the end of the racetrack. Once you walk into the main gate and pay your $10-$20 (cash only), walk up to the second floor and then hang a left. Then walk allllllll the way down to the end. You'll pass a maze of food trucks and beer stands getting there.

"One more song! One more song!", then the house lights come on and the roadies start putting away the shit. The band wanted to keep going, but security killed it. Must be a rigid curfew.

Enjoyable night. After stinking it up on bets ended up winning the last two races (Iggy Puglisi FTW!) and escaping with a $15 profit, which is almost two large beers. The concert crowd was pretty good dancing away and no problem smoking out. Kinda sux Jimmy didn't play "Many rivers to cross" or "Harder they come" but he was still awesome.