Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 120 of 300

Thread: 2013 Reunion Wishlist/Speculation Thread

  1. #91
    zeezus amyzzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Arizzzona
    Posts
    40,902

    Default Re: 2013 Reunion Wishlist/Speculation Thread

    Stone Roses
    Cardigans
    Depeche Mode

    And I had a dream last night that I was trying to contact Lush to get them to reunite.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

  2. #92
    Member with_cheese's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    esseff
    Posts
    367

    Default Re: 2013 Reunion Wishlist/Speculation Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Coachella Bound View Post
    why....? Everyone is still around. Slug is still on good terms w/ anticon. as is Sole. W/ Coachella pulling Company Flow this year, and several decent underground acts in the past, its obvious they know their stuff.
    All of them are doing their own thing now and live in different parts of the country. If I recall correctly Dose is in Oakland/Berkeley, Sole is in Texas, Slug in Minnesota and Alias with his family in Maine. Convincing the four of them to get together and practice for a one off performance that realistically nobody gives a shit about would be a tough sell.

    A more realistic underground act would be Cannibal Ox, but I can't see that happening either.

  3. #93
    Happy Feet Coachella Bound's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    City of Wasted Dreams, CA
    Posts
    5,557

    Default Re: 2013 Reunion Wishlist/Speculation Thread

    practice.....??? You do know they made that album in 2 days......??? Not much to practice. And you forgot to mention Jel and Abilities.

    Fact is theyve never lived in the same vacinity, and to pull them all out to California wouldnt be that difficult considering theyre all still active and could tour seperately around the 2 weekends. I think a lot of people would be interested once they realized what it was.
    Last edited by Coachella Bound; 05-10-2012 at 12:39 PM.
    Coachella 07 (the introduction), 08 (the bands), 09 (the documentary), 10 (the people i came with), 11 (the relationship test... we passed), 12 (whatever the weather, Dirty Epic forever), 13 (the year of the troll)

    - PEARL JAM WHY YOU HATE COACHELLA? -

  4. #94

    Default Re: 2013 Reunion Wishlist/Speculation Thread

    Sleater Kinney
    Roxy Music
    Lemon Jelly
    The Unicorns
    Whirlwind Heat

    ...and wouldn't really be a reunion show but can we please please pretty please get Primal Scream so I can die happy?

  5. #95
    Member IlliniQ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Santa Clarita, CA
    Posts
    638

    Default Re: 2013 Reunion Wishlist/Speculation Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by r1ckola View Post
    Sleater Kinney
    Roxy Music
    Lemon Jelly
    The Unicorns
    Whirlwind Heat

    ...and wouldn't really be a reunion show but can we please please pretty please get Primal Scream so I can die happy?
    Just had two thirds of Sleater Kinney here this year with Wild Flag, and SK already played '05 or '06 during their Woods Tour, and Janet Weiss was here in '08 with the Jicks. Love SK, but not sure this is a high priority reunion just yet.

  6. #96
    Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Duluth Minnesota
    Posts
    8,563

    Default Re: 2013 Reunion Wishlist/Speculation Thread

    Superheavy with Mick Jagger and Damian Marley
    Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    When Foster the People played Pumped Up Kicks I freaked the fuck out because I thought that song was long gone

  7. #97

    Default Re: 2013 Reunion Wishlist/Speculation Thread

    Huge reunion was leaked to me today. They are going to kick off their reunion tour at Coachella.

    Here is the background story. I was in the office of a co-worker in an industry that is so far distanced from music and entertainment that it isn't even funny. There was some Stagecoach memorabilia in the office, and so I made some comment like, "Oh, do you go to Stagecoach?"

    Them: "Yes, every year."
    Me: "Oh, I go to Coachella every year."
    Them: "So do I! I've been every year because of [INSERT BUSINESS CONNECTION WITH GOLDENVOICE.] My favorite acts have been Paul McCartney and Madonna."
    Me: "Cool".
    BLAH BLAH BLAH BUSINESS
    Them (as I am leaving the door): "But you'll never guess who they have for next year."

    I get all excited thinking it's a headliner. It's not, but I'm guessing second liner. They say "BLAHBLAHBLAH".

    It's pretty big.

    I'm not going to ruin anything for anybody, because I do think it will be a great left field surprise, but I am going to leave vague enough clues that when the act ends up on the poster, I can bump this thread and be all like, "Told you I knew what I was talking about." Because I'm an ass.

    Band, not solo singer
    80s era
    At least one member has significant name recognition outside of the band
    Has not been mentioned so far in this thread
    No way Bonnaroo or Lolla will book it

    Have fun. And now I will insert a word in this thread so I can search for it and bump it when January comes out: Rapscallion.

    See you then.
    Last edited by travelfan; 05-11-2012 at 12:16 PM.

  8. #98
    Member witham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    230

    Default Re: 2013 Reunion Wishlist/Speculation Thread

    Are you sure The Smiths haven't been mentioned in this thread ?
    '10, '11, '12.1, '13.1, '14.1

  9. #99

    Default Re: 2013 Reunion Wishlist/Speculation Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by witham View Post
    Are you sure The Smiths haven't been mentioned in this thread ?
    Hah, trust me, I'd probably leak it if it was The Smiths. But the act in question is definitely not headliner material.

    That's the last clue or response I'll give. Until January when it becomes really obvious who I was talking about. See you then suckas.

  10. #100

    Default Re: 2013 Reunion Wishlist/Speculation Thread

    Sugarcubes or Wham! ?

  11. #101
    Member VOLVOX17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Posts
    490

    Default Re: 2013 Reunion Wishlist/Speculation Thread

    DEPECHE MODE WITH ALAN AND VINCE BACK TO MAKE THEM A 5 PIECE.
    GRANDADDY
    SOUL COUGHING - NEVER EVER EVER GONNA HAPPEN
    7A3
    NWA
    TEMPLE OF THE DOG
    THOMPSON TWINS

  12. #102

    Default Re: 2013 Reunion Wishlist/Speculation Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by travelfan View Post
    Hah, trust me, I'd probably leak it if it was The Smiths. But the act in question is definitely not headliner material.

    That's the last clue or response I'll give. Until January when it becomes really obvious who I was talking about. See you then suckas.
    Hopefully the people you talked to weren't bluffing you/not 100% sure/etc. Curious to see who it "is" but won't be surprised at the ol' "Oh it didn't work out"

  13. #103
    Member Mr. Porter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    LA & Mililani
    Posts
    1,758

    Default Re: 2013 Reunion Wishlist/Speculation Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by travelfan View Post
    Huge reunion was leaked to me today. They are going to kick off their reunion tour at Coachella.

    Here is the background story. I was in the office of a co-worker in an industry that is so far distanced from music and entertainment that it isn't even funny. There was some Stagecoach memorabilia in the office, and so I made some comment like, "Oh, do you go to Stagecoach?"

    Them: "Yes, every year."
    Me: "Oh, I go to Coachella every year."
    Them: "So do I! I've been every year because of [INSERT BUSINESS CONNECTION WITH GOLDENVOICE.] My favorite acts have been Paul McCartney and Madonna."
    Me: "Cool".
    BLAH BLAH BLAH BUSINESS
    Them (as I am leaving the door): "But you'll never guess who they have for next year."

    I get all excited thinking it's a headliner. It's not, but I'm guessing second liner. They say "BLAHBLAHBLAH".

    It's pretty big.

    I'm not going to ruin anything for anybody, because I do think it will be a great left field surprise, but I am going to leave vague enough clues that when the act ends up on the poster, I can bump this thread and be all like, "Told you I knew what I was talking about." Because I'm an ass.

    Band, not solo singer
    80s era
    At least one member has significant name recognition outside of the band
    Has not been mentioned so far in this thread
    No way Bonnaroo or Lolla will book it

    Have fun. And now I will insert a word in this thread so I can search for it and bump it when January comes out: Rapscallion.

    See you then.
    It's New Edition y'all

    nvm they're touring now. oh well my next guess is frankie goes to hollywood
    Last edited by Mr. Porter; 05-11-2012 at 01:56 PM.
    I'ma ball at the mall shuttin' down the sea wall

  14. #104

    Default Re: 2013 Reunion Wishlist/Speculation Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by xuclarockerx View Post
    Hopefully the people you talked to weren't bluffing you/not 100% sure/etc. Curious to see who it "is" but won't be surprised at the ol' "Oh it didn't work out"
    All I'll say is that it would be a really odd name for a bluff. Kind of like that dude last year that tweeted ATDI/Refused (but different genre and era, obviously). Totally plausible, but not a name people are speculating about, or that there is a ton of news about either. And the connection to the festival is strong enough (although in a weird sort of way) that I don't doubt they'd have the info.

    If it doesn't end up on the poster, I'll come back and say who it was as well.
    Last edited by travelfan; 05-11-2012 at 01:54 PM.

  15. #105
    zeezus amyzzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Arizzzona
    Posts
    40,902

    Default Re: 2013 Reunion Wishlist/Speculation Thread

    Culture Club?
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

  16. #106
    Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Duluth Minnesota
    Posts
    8,563

    Default Re: 2013 Reunion Wishlist/Speculation Thread

    Just say the fucking name. No one cares if you ruin the surprise. We spend the whole year trying to put the pieces of the puzzle together with tour dates, rumors, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    When Foster the People played Pumped Up Kicks I freaked the fuck out because I thought that song was long gone

  17. #107
    Member with_cheese's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    esseff
    Posts
    367

    Default Re: 2013 Reunion Wishlist/Speculation Thread

    I'm signing every post with 'Rapscallion'.

  18. #108
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Oakland, CA
    Posts
    95

    Default Re: 2013 Reunion Wishlist/Speculation Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by FEELS View Post
    HUSKER DU
    Phil Elverum as The Microphones
    Fugazi
    ^^This, and...

    - Talk Talk
    - Slint
    - Dismemberment Plan (are they "broken up" again?)
    - Sunny Day Real Estate (see above)
    - R.E.M. (still can't believe they never made a Coachella appearance)

  19. #109
    old school
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    4,036

    Default Re: 2013 Reunion Wishlist/Speculation Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Culture Club?
    really solid guess. A Madonna fan would be excited, Lolla/Roo wouldn't touch it and defintitely a sub or outdoor stage act.

    I think they have an anniversary coming up in 2013 and a rumour has been whispered/mulled about the past couple years. Boy Georges legal hiccups could've taken a couple months to clear. BG has connections to the EDM world.

    Talk Talk I like but it wouldn't sub.

    The Jam?

    Replacements?

    Soundgarden with Hiro on bass?(kidding)

  20. #110
    old school
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    4,036

    Default Re: 2013 Reunion Wishlist/Speculation Thread

    Eurythmics is a very snug fit on all the clues.

  21. #111

    Default Re: 2013 Reunion Wishlist/Speculation Thread

    ooh ooh ooh

    10,000 Maniacs.

  22. #112
    old school
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    4,036

    Default Re: 2013 Reunion Wishlist/Speculation Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by xuclarockerx View Post
    ooh ooh ooh

    10,000 Maniacs.
    I'll raise you a "'Til Tuesday"

  23. #113
    Old Gay Guy gaypalmsprings's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Palm Springs, CA
    Posts
    20,732

    Default Re: 2013 Reunion Wishlist/Speculation Thread

    I was listening to our local rap/hip hop station yesterday when they played back-to-back Depeche Mode songs. It seemed totally random. Coachella 2013!

  24. #114
    Happy Feet Coachella Bound's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    City of Wasted Dreams, CA
    Posts
    5,557

    Default Re: 2013 Reunion Wishlist/Speculation Thread

    Talking Heads or Oingo Boingo.....

    Talking Heads would headline though.... so. Oingo Boingo is the correct answer.
    Coachella 07 (the introduction), 08 (the bands), 09 (the documentary), 10 (the people i came with), 11 (the relationship test... we passed), 12 (whatever the weather, Dirty Epic forever), 13 (the year of the troll)

    - PEARL JAM WHY YOU HATE COACHELLA? -

  25. #115
    Member FEELS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Palm Desert, CA
    Posts
    2,075

    Default Re: 2013 Reunion Wishlist/Speculation Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Coachella Bound View Post
    Talking Heads or Oingo Boingo.....

    Talking Heads would headline though.... so. Oingo Boingo is the correct answer.
    but he said "has not been mentioned in this thread so far"..

  26. #116

    Default Re: 2013 Reunion Wishlist/Speculation Thread

    Culture Club sounds like the best guess.

    I think Oingo Boingo could headline a friday night. They were always huge in LA and have a ton songs that got
    radio play.

  27. #117

    Default Re: 2013 Reunion Wishlist/Speculation Thread

    If it is 10,000 Maniacs - I'd love to see them get Billy Bragg and Wilco and they could do a bunch of Mermaid Ave stuff with Natalie Merchant.

  28. #118
    old school TickleMeElmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Anchorage
    Posts
    3,439

    Default Re: 2013 Reunion Wishlist/Speculation Thread

    Oingo Boingo could not headline Coachella. Ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by travelfan View Post
    It's a bit unfair though, when I change an MP3 halfway through a song at a party I get yelled at, whereas Skrillex probably got a blow job.

  29. #119

    Default Re: 2013 Reunion Wishlist/Speculation Thread

    The Beta Band

  30. #120
    Happy Feet Coachella Bound's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    City of Wasted Dreams, CA
    Posts
    5,557

    Default Re: 2013 Reunion Wishlist/Speculation Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by FEELS View Post
    but he said "has not been mentioned in this thread so far"..
    yeah yeah... I know, I know. But Danny and David have deff made names for themselves.

    Quote Originally Posted by TickleMeElmo View Post
    Oingo Boingo could not headline Coachella. Ever.
    I think the magnitude of the reunion, and the fact that a big big chunk of their fanbase is here in California, could put them in a friday night headliner spot.
    Coachella 07 (the introduction), 08 (the bands), 09 (the documentary), 10 (the people i came with), 11 (the relationship test... we passed), 12 (whatever the weather, Dirty Epic forever), 13 (the year of the troll)

    - PEARL JAM WHY YOU HATE COACHELLA? -

Similar Threads

  1. Omnibus 2013 Headliner Speculation and Argument Thread
    By Miroir Noir in forum Rumors/Gossip/Wish List
    Replies: 1183
    Last Post: 04-24-2013, 12:05 PM
  2. The Official 2013 Wishlist Thread.
    By Kropladop in forum Rumors/Gossip/Wish List
    Replies: 481
    Last Post: 01-22-2013, 02:46 PM
  3. Omnibus 2013 Weather Speculation and Argument Thread
    By TomAz in forum Rumors/Gossip/Wish List
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-26-2012, 01:34 PM
  4. wishlist for acts that haven't been posted in an existing wishlist thread.
    By heart cooks brain in forum Rumors/Gossip/Wish List
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-22-2010, 03:10 PM
  5. DFA 1979/Blood Brothers Reunion SPECULATION
    By bee513 in forum Rumors/Gossip/Wish List
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 12-10-2007, 12:56 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •