Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Hotels in the area already booked for 2013?!?

Default Re: Hotels in the area already booked for 2013?!?

I booked the Homewood Suites in La Quinta (we stayed the last 3 years) on Monday. Rates are $300/night, but they're sold out now. I'm actually about to cancel my reservation. Message me if you'd like to try to coordinate...

Lurker

Doesn't help these places charge out the asshole for it

Are there any hotels which don't cost $1000 for the weekend? Tent camping was sold out, but I bought a ticket anyway. Super 8 is telling me they'll give me a room starting next month but that I'd have to pay $1000 up front.

You can get hotels in Palm Springs and Rancho mirage for under a grand at this point.

Hey when I checked earlier, the Red Roof Inn over by the In N Out still had rooms around $115 a night. No joke.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

The Shilo Inn in Palm Springs has rooms for $99. This is where we usually stay, rooms are huge and the pool is nice enough. Can easily sleep 4, king bed & pull out sofa.

As of now I think I am gonna stay with The Comfort Inn in Palm Springs. It's more expensive than those hotels, but it's a 10 minute walk to the shuttle stops and it will be cool to hang out in downtown Palm Springs for two days before the fest.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeynla View Post
    I booked the Homewood Suites in La Quinta (we stayed the last 3 years) on Monday. Rates are $300/night, but they're sold out now. I'm actually about to cancel my reservation. Message me if you'd like to try to coordinate...
    I'm staying there next year (with car camping). How is it getting back and forth to the festival? Any advice would be much appreciated.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrhand View Post
    ... Keep fucking that chicken.
    Quote Originally Posted by fakekvnty View Post
    As awkward as the time I force-felched you?
    Quote Originally Posted by fakekvnty View Post
    All you ladybois want inside this pink slip

For the Shilo Inn, do you know if you have to pay the whole reservation in advance or just make a deposit?

You don't have to pay anything in advance, just give them your credit card and you can cancel up to 4pm the day before your reservation. I do think they authorize the funds on your card, but it doesn't hold them.

I stayed in Palm Springs (Palm Mountain Resort) for Coachella 2012- and I have to say I wasn't too impressed. Although there were lots of good places to eat, there was nothing to do in the evening. I thought it would be a bit more happening with the influx of all the Coachella peeps, but not so. Also, it took 40 min on the shuttle, which ended up being quite a bit of travel time over the 3 days there and back. For 2013, trying to get something closer, but having the same problem as everyone else! Not a lot of choices for accomodation near a shuttle stop but will keep trying.

I'm gonna be cancelling a reservation for Motel 6 in Palm Desert if any of you guys are interested. I'm pretty sure the rates were right around $100 per night. I'll post on here right after I cancel it.

Just reserved this. Have you ever stayed there before? How do you get to the fest from here? Doesn't seem close to any shuttle stops.

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    Hey when I checked earlier, the Red Roof Inn over by the In N Out still had rooms around $115 a night. No joke.
    Have you stayed there before? If so, how did you get to the fest? Doesn't seem close to any shuttle stops. At any rate, I've got it reserved.

Since places like Travelocity, Hotels.com, etc are not booking that far in the future, we reserved a room at the Hilton Garden Inn in Rancho Mirage for $143/night (AAA rate). Is this a decent place? It's a little farther from the fest than I'd like to stay but it's on the 111 so I won't get lost late at night. Has free internet, microwave, fridge, so that's good.

Anyone have experience with this one?

Quote Originally Posted by TheWatcher View Post
    Since places like Travelocity, Hotels.com, etc are not booking that far in the future, we reserved a room at the Hilton Garden Inn in Rancho Mirage for $143/night (AAA rate). Is this a decent place? It's a little farther from the fest than I'd like to stay but it's on the 111 so I won't get lost late at night. Has free internet, microwave, fridge, so that's good. Anyone have experience with this one?
    Booked a room there as well. Not a fan of Hilton so I'm skeptical.

For 2011 & 2012 i stayed in Palm Springs. Not bad in my opinion. 2010 was the Quality Inn in Cathedral City. I got the Renaissance Palm Springs Travel Package again this year. Nice rooms, good pool, and the shuttle stop is right out front.

I reserved a room at the Motel 6 in Palm Desert. Since I'll be renting a car, the location is good enough for me, especially at $100/night.
    Has anybody stayed there before?

Yeah, the price is damn right. If I'm not mistaken they do not have a pool (unfortunately). It took my car caravan about 20 minutes to reach the Washington / Ave. 50-51 clusterfuck from the Motel. There's a bank, some fastfood, Denny's and a supermarket nearby but not much else.
    '06, '07, '08, '09, '10, '11, '13.1
    LAST.FM

Still looking... Sucks that the Valley Music Travel packages are using all the nicer hotels I've stayed at in the past it didn't used to be this hard to find a decent place

Quote Originally Posted by nano925 View Post
    I reserved a room at the Motel 6 in Palm Desert. Since I'll be renting a car, the location is good enough for me, especially at $100/night.
    Has anybody stayed there before?
    Stayed there last year. I think that there are actually two in Palm Desert. You get what you pay for. Small room, no microwave/fridge/coffemaker. They do have coffee in the lobby in the mornings. They are clean though and you do not have to worry about bugs and other things living in the room with you and the air conditioners work just fine.

As far as Coachella is concerned, I spend about 8 hours in the room each day, so why pay for a nice room, when all you need is a place to crash and bone down. Works perfect for that.

lol bone down

malcolmjamalaweful malcolmjama1awesome's Avatar

TLDR

(lol)

Dude you're literally the worst troll EVER

Well, I wanted to avoid Palm Springs and get something closer - but after a bit of research, I could not find a hotel near a shuttle stop for under $200. I ended up going with the Hyatt in Palm springs, it's walking distance to the Desert Fashion Plaza shuttle stop. Rooms are only $160 a night right now, or $195 if you want a refundable room. It seems to me that the shuttle stops are only close to a few hotels, and those hotels are always in the $300 range, or only available to those who book the vacation packages...

Finally decided to go with the Homewood Suites La Quinta for one weekend and the Marriott Shadow Ridge the other, ~$300/night for both. I feel like I'm wasting money, but since I can afford it and they don't make you pay ahead of time, I decided to just get the reservations now so I don't get screwed out of a room while I'm looking for a better deal.

Same place I'm staying...looked like one of the better options out there.

If you get jacked for a hotel room via online...note that the law in CA states on a sign in every room that they can only charge a MAX amount (listed inside the room) and if you get charged a penny over that....notify the manager and they'll refund the difference...they have to.
    99% of people don't ask for the difference and just accept the price hike.
    They will refund the cost...or just keep your receipt and mail it to corporate and they'll refund the difference...it's the law they have to follow.
    Just when I think you couldn't possibly be any dumber, you go and do something like this…and totally redeem yourself!
    Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    she should get an abortion then go to chella
    Quote Originally Posted by Bougie24 View Post
    You people are disgusting for posting this shit on my thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neighborhood Creep View Post
    Look up your moms skirt when she is dancing

Quote Originally Posted by baily View Post
    If you get jacked for a hotel room via online...note that the law in CA states on a sign in every room that they can only charge a MAX amount (listed inside the room) and if you get charged a penny over that....notify the manager and they'll refund the difference...they have to.
    99% of people don't ask for the difference and just accept the price hike.
    They will refund the cost...or just keep your receipt and mail it to corporate and they'll refund the difference...it's the law they have to follow.
    I'll be looking into this for sure, thanks.

Doesn't the hotel get to determine the maximum amount, though? So as long as they change their signs they are all good, pretty sure most would be on it by now.