Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Another Stagecoach, another sexual assault

Default Re: Another Stagecoach, another sexual assault

Ok, so I happen to go to both Coachella & Stagecoach & damn was I shocked at the difference!! I was commenting to my friend that it's definitely not fair that we cannot drink alcohol freely like they do at Stagecoach, but then after reading this, I think there might be something to it & maybe the beer garden fence @ Coachella is not a bad thing & needs to be implemented at Stagecoach. Not only was everyone completely wasted on night one but the trash it accumulated from the beer cups, it was pretty gross. I swear I felt like I was at some frat party (not that there's anything wrong with partying but it was just a little too much) Funny that people think Coachella is crazy when in fact Stagecoach is probably worse, in my opinion. After going to my first Stagecoach this year, I doubt I will go back. Besides, what the fuck is up with having to pay for a "VIP" ticket to sit in the front? At Coachella, it's fair & square, first come, first served...well, this last comment should be for a different thread. Back to the point, saddens me to hear this happened while I was there, I hope next year will not add a third year of this unfortunate event happening.

^ Thanks for the comments, I went Sunday for the first time and the vibe is totally different. Not to stray off-topic but I don't think Goldenvoice really goes "all-out" for Stagecoach the way they do for Coachella. I'm pretty sure they just use Stagecoach as a cash cow. Not that Coachella isn't about making lots of money either but I would venture to say they put more heart & soul into that. Just based on their roots as a promoter/booking company.

Quote Originally Posted by Mugwog View Post
    We recreate the ass to ass scene in Requiem, but on cowboys instead. One of them blonde. 10 japanese girls will be singing an acapella version of Lux Aeterna while the cycleside modified double sided dildo penetrates these dirtbags.
    Wow. Sigworthy.

We recreate the ass to ass scene in Requiem, but on cowboys instead. One of them blonde. 10 japanese girls will be singing an acapella version of Lux Aeterna while the cycleside modified double sided dildo penetrates these dirtbags.
    Absolutely inspired.

yeah....10 jap girls singing acapella sounds nice.

when i did concert security, all of the worse crowds we dealt with were not the metal crowds or the hip-hop crowds, it was the country crowds. always drunk, fighting, and being so aggressive we would have to stop the beer hrs before the headliner would go on.

never will change.

strange, they look so respectful when two-steppin.

Quote Originally Posted by m_romero27 View Post
    Ok, so I happen to go to both Coachella & Stagecoach & damn was I shocked at the difference!! I was commenting to my friend that it's definitely not fair that we cannot drink alcohol freely like they do at Stagecoach, but then after reading this, I think there might be something to it & maybe the beer garden fence @ Coachella is not a bad thing & needs to be implemented at Stagecoach. Not only was everyone completely wasted on night one but the trash it accumulated from the beer cups, it was pretty gross. I swear I felt like I was at some frat party (not that there's anything wrong with partying but it was just a little too much).
    part of why i'm so happy the alcohol is kept in the fenced in areas. that and imagine being in the main stage crowd and having the bro train come through, each person with at least one beer in hand, most likely spilling it on someone at some point. ive had beer spilled on me more times than i can count at various shows. it sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by thelastgreatman View Post
    Well, honestly... how can you reasonably expect 30,000 shitkickers to get together and not rape somebody now and then? I think it's kinda impressive that this only happens once per weekend on average.
    Last year's rapist was something i should not really say here because people report it and i could get banned

http://www.swrnn.com/2011/12/16/los-...festival-rape/

Quote Originally Posted by SlowMotionApocalypse View Post
    Last year's rapist was something should not really say here because people report it and i could get banned

http://www.swrnn.com/2011/12/16/los-...festival-rape/
    So tell us more about the punk rock show.

So tell us more about the punk rock show.
    There were no reported rapes.

Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    When Foster the People played Pumped Up Kicks I freaked the fuck out because I thought that song was long gone

I've wished for many people to have been raped in my lifetime. Not to worry, they were deserving of it.
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.