Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Weeknd @ Hollywood forever cemetary

Default The Weeknd @ Hollywood forever cemetary

so who's going to this?

Default Re: The Weeknd @ Hollywood forever cemetary

Hipsters, mainly.
    Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    well, for all intensive porpoises it is, will sell out within seconds tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by korbinn View Post
    It's jsut dawned on me that I'm overly confident and a extremely ocd perfectionist.
    Quote Originally Posted by kroqken View Post
    I don't give a flying fuck about the Kardashians, I doubt they know who Belle and Sebastian are.

well, yeah.

I missed them at Coachella and will be there!

awesome. i too missed the coachella show but ive since caught it on youtube and i'm really looking forward to it.

The more this guy tours the stronger he's going to get. The weekend 1 performance was great but I'm really looking forward to seeing him again a year from now.

thats good to read cutter. this will be my first time watching but already i feel he's doing an amazing job. his backing band is also tearing that shit up. it should be a good night at the cemetary.

Quote Originally Posted by sonofhal View Post
    Hipsters, mainly.
    Not really.

Yeah I imagine mostly hip hop, and R&B fans bought these tickets. The Weeknd is bigger with that crowd than the hipster crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by MR.NOVEMBER View Post
    thats good to read cutter. this will be my first time watching but already i feel he's doing an amazing job. his backing band is also tearing that shit up. it should be a good night at the cemetary.
    There were a couple moments in the performance that I was just waiting for him to "go for it" but he only did once or twice. He played it safe and did a good job of it, especially for a real first gig in front of a crowd like that. But I think most of his music comes from a certain confidence which he hasn't exactly found on stage yet. And yes I did love his band. A friend of mine actually said she doesnt want to see him live that badly because she hates when hip hop etc artists have backing bands. I was so confused. I cant imagine it being anywhere near as soulful if he was just singing with piped in backing tracks.

Quote Originally Posted by cutterbutter View Post
    There were a couple moments in the performance that I was just waiting for him to "go for it" but he only did once or twice. He played it safe and did a good job of it, especially for a real first gig in front of a crowd like that. But I think most of his music comes from a certain confidence which he hasn't exactly found on stage yet. And yes I did love his band. A friend of mine actually said she doesnt want to see him live that badly because she hates when hip hop etc artists have backing bands. I was so confused. I cant imagine it being anywhere near as soulful if he was just singing with piped in backing tracks.
    So true! Same with some of the electronic acts like Trentemoller, playing with a full band was a great spectacle. Im going to see the Weeknd at The showbox Market in Seattle in a week or so and am extremely excited after seeung him and the band during weekend 1. They were great and hopefully this place wont be overrun with teenyboppers deciding on when to take their adorol and drink their flask. Heres to 21+ shows!

Quote Originally Posted by cutterbutter View Post
    I would be lacking confidence on stage to if my career was manifested of someone else's production work.

i'll be there. he has solid both weekends. taking 2 girls to see him for the first time so should be good fun

Quote Originally Posted by Sushov23 View Post
    Yeah I imagine mostly hip hop, and R&B fans bought these tickets. The Weeknd is bigger with that crowd than the hipster crowd.
    It's going to be full of people who have no clue how to act at the cemetery. Im sure theyll all crowd to the front and stand if given the chance. They will make things difficult at the gates when they bring stuff you arent allowed to. And of course, there will be a cloud around the stage that is not fog during the performance.

Quote Originally Posted by tmac View Post
    i'll be there. he has solid both weekends. taking 2 girls to see him for the first time so should be good fun
    2 Girls 1 Weeknd

If anyone has an extra ticket, hook an air-head up!xo till infinity

Well...how was it?
    I'ma ball at the mall shuttin' down the sea wall

Much better then his Coachella performance. I had a great time.

He killed it. Brought out Drake during Crew Love. Too bad the crowd was terrible, even up close where we were. Great night tho!

Yeah, it was great, and it was much better than at Coachella. And yes, I was remarking to a friend that most people only came for the scene and for Crew Love and talked through everything else.
    Arcade Fire - Sir Richard Bishop, Bill Orcutt - Spoon - Paul McCartney - Steve Gunn - Beserktown Fest - FYF - Sleep - Swans - Owen Pallett - Neutral Milk Hotel - Chris Thile & Edgar Meyer - Bobby Bradford Quartet - Matana Roberts - Wadada Leo Smith, Anthony Braxton - Thurston Moore, Sebadoh - Songs for Unseen Warhol Films - Ben Frost, Tim Hecker, Pete Swanson - Ryoji Ikeda - A Winged Victory for the Sullen - John Zorn Marathon

Coachella Junkie WhyTheLongFace's Avatar

I had an amazing time. The sound was great so I'm guessing it was lower at Coachella cause he was crisp to me. One of the best concerts I've been to in a while
    Quote Originally Posted by stinkbutt View Post
    Wake me up when Steve Angello wants me to make some fucking noise

Agreed. The sound was amazing last night. Drake was a nice surprise. Saw the Jessica Simpson on acid t-shirt as well.

Im glad there were a couple extra songs dropped into the set, but still it being an hour kind of sucked. He really just took his time because there werent time constraints like at a festival. And everyone is going to be pissed tonight when Drake does not show. He is in SF tonight for his tour, derp. And yes, much better than coachella. I did not mind having a ton of space where we all set up our blankets and stuff. Everyone around us was singing and dancing. But you could tell most of these people didnt give a shit about most of it. And plenty of people being over dressed for the show was a tell tale sign for example.

Last edited by suprefan; 05-06-2012 at 12:24 PM.

With three "albums" already, he could really do a two-hour set. I would've loved to hear "Loft Music" live.
    I'ma ball at the mall shuttin' down the sea wall

Quote Originally Posted by MR.NOVEMBER View Post
    Agreed. The sound was amazing last night. Drake was a nice surprise. Saw the Jessica Simpson on acid t-shirt as well.
    lol Nice.

Yeah I mean I love every weeknd song so a 2 and a half hour set would be ideal but he's still new and me wanting that is just unrealistic. Only songs I really wish he did was 'Same Old Song' and 'Next' but I can live with that set. It was my 1st show there, I came under dressed and was cold. Note to self: Bring Jacket to Sigur Ros.

Quote Originally Posted by WhyTheLongFace View Post
    lol Nice.

Yeah I mean I love every weeknd song so a 2 and a half hour set would be ideal but he's still new and me wanting that is just unrealistic. Only songs I really wish he did was 'Same Old Song' and 'Next' but I can live with that set. It was my 1st show there, I came under dressed and was cold. Note to self: Bring Jacket to Sigur Ros.
    They mentioned it in the email about the weather. Ooops

edit: Better play Initiation tonight at the fonda. He did it in ny.

Yes but I live in the Inland which is hotter so I made a wrong assumption. So shut up ya face and upload Weeknd pics from last night

Went on a wild hair last night, great vibe, mellow crowd other than mother fuckers need to learn to pick up their trash.

Drake coming out was a good surprise for rabid fans and for someone casual like me, now I've seen Drake. Woot. I hope Hollywood Forever keeps having shows like this throughout the year, its turning into a great venue. Most of the folks who come there too are pretty mellow, yeah lots of talkers, but hey you get that at every show.

I'm fine with no drake tonight, I'd actually prefer it that way. Has he played what you need live at all anywhere yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Mugwog View Post
    Went on a wild hair last night, great vibe, mellow crowd other than mother fuckers need to learn to pick up their trash.

Drake coming out was a good surprise for rabid fans and for someone casual like me, now I've seen Drake. Woot. I hope Hollywood Forever keeps having shows like this throughout the year, its turning into a great venue. Most of the folks who come there too are pretty mellow, yeah lots of talkers, but hey you get that at every show.
    they've been having shows for a while now if you haven't noticed.