Thread: Car Camping Panic Buttons

Default Car Camping Panic Buttons

This was my first year car camping at Coachella, and overall, it was a pretty good experience. There was one major exception: The number of people using their car panic buttons to find their camping spots all night long. I wasn't expecting a peaceful night's sleep, but I didn't expect to feel like I was sleeping in Watts either.

Did nobody think to use the well laid out street signs to find their cars? It seemed pretty simple to me.
    Coachella 1999, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2012

Default Re: Car Camping Panic Buttons

Wasn't an issue for me, but I was all the way at the back of Lot 7. I guess the people around me figured to just keep walking till you hit the wall, and you're car would be somewhere there...

I doubt it was solely people trying to find their spots. Some of them may have been just locking their cars for the night. When I lock my car and equip the alarm, the horn honks.

I don't think I heard an alarm all weekend. Maybe changing the street names back to animals will help people remember their street name more easily.

I heard a lot of alarms Saturday morning and it was really annoying. I don't mind if an alarm goes off unexpectedly and you don't have your keys handy and it goes off for a while, but it seemed like people on streets 107-109 were having a "let's see who can be more annoying" contest and all of the alarms were going off at once.
    last.fm | facebook | twitter | tumblr
    2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011
    2012 2013 2014
    8/5 Arcade Fire (Sleep Train Amphitheater) 10/3-5 Austin City Limits

I didn't have any problems with alarms going off. I was on S 109th weekend 2

That's was security breaking in breaux

Oh god, if you're near your car in the AM and you keep setting off your alarm. Leave that shit unlocked and off alert mode, people need to sleep and not hear your failure with using your own car keys.

Several people in Lot 7 near 147 & Park on weekend 1 will remember that asshole who's alarm kept going off from 630am-8am.

I was in Lot 10 on N 135 st, and I swear I heard an alarm every few minutes. Not just beeping your car lock (which I did the first night when I walked right by my car twice), but literally hitting the panic button to set off the alarm. It was happening from midnight to around 3am, maybe longer since I fell asleep eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Mugwog View Post
    Oh god, if you're near your car in the AM and you keep setting off your alarm. Leave that shit unlocked and off alert mode, people need to sleep and not hear your failure with using your own car keys.

Several people in Lot 7 near 147 & Park on weekend 1 will remember that asshole who's alarm kept going off from 630am-8am.

I was on 146 weekend 1 and holy fuck... I was about to find out who's car it was and disconnect the battery or something. Fucking alarm went off every day, every 30 minutes for 20 minutes at a time.
    I CAN HAZ SHUTTLE?

Lot 8 ftw. Pretty quiet, except for right after the fest let out and people were going back to all their spots. Also, any panic alarm buttons I heard were very far away from my spot, so never an issue.

That's 'cuz nobody likes you.

Quote Originally Posted by paperdoll78 View Post
    I was in Lot 10 on N 135 st, and I swear I heard an alarm every few minutes. Not just beeping your car lock (which I did the first night when I walked right by my car twice), but literally hitting the panic button to set off the alarm. It was happening from midnight to around 3am, maybe longer since I fell asleep eventually.
    Which weekend? I was Lot 10 on N 135th St too on weekend 1. We remembered it by: Miracle on 34th St + 101 Dalmatians =135th. Super lame (lame is my default setting, I didn't have a choice), yet super effective. After that long walk, none of us got lost.

i was in the very front of lot 7, heard nothing at all haha

Only a retard/asshole would put their car alarm on at Coachella.

Coachella proves to have many.

My car alarm was set off while I was in the festival on Saturday and my friend accidentally set it off late Saturday night, but I turned it off immediately. I was in lot 10 row 137...sorry if it disturbed anyone. Unfortunately I care about my belongings therefore I will always lock up my car and set the alarm so I can know when someone is fucking my with my shit. And I will for sure continue doing it considering a lot of people seemed to have their stuff broken into or stolen.

I've never come closer to committing a capital felony. Fuck that dude.
    Quote Originally Posted by Timestretch View Post
    Plus 11 dollars is a lot for Mexicans.
    Quote Originally Posted by edbangme View Post
    Swedish House Mafia: two djs and a guy who speaks english
    Quote Originally Posted by bananahambone View Post
    I guess it's like me going to some Al Queda site and being like "Hey guys. don't ask me how I know, but Bin Laden isn't really dead" And all those terrorist dudes would be like "Hey fuck head, Daft Punk is still not playing Coachella"

Quote Originally Posted by CaseSensitive View Post
    Which weekend? I was Lot 10 on N 135th St too on weekend 1. We remembered it by: Miracle on 34th St + 101 Dalmatians =135th. Super lame (lame is my default setting, I didn't have a choice), yet super effective. After that long walk, none of us got lost.
    That's funny, I used the same "Miracle on 34th" st to remember my street! I was there weekend 2. I also took a photo of the street sign in case I forgot, but the mnemonic device worked just fine for us too.

We were right near that guy too ... such a dick! And this was after that campsite right near that was partying till past 5am with their music blasting too. Didn't have the best night sleep that night. the music all night I understand though, but letting your alarm go off at 6am is unacceptable!

Quote Originally Posted by Fidoosh View Post
    I was on 146 weekend 1 and holy fuck... I was about to find out who's car it was and disconnect the battery or something. Fucking alarm went off every day, every 30 minutes for 20 minutes at a time.
    I would've found who it was and smacked the shit out of them...

Ok, maybe not. But that would seriously piss me off.

Last year on Sunday night there was a car alarm going off about three sites over from us when we returned after Kanye and it didn't stop until about 6 in the morning when the battery died. It was brutal. I have no idea where the fuck the people were.