View Poll Results: If you went to both Coachella Weekends, which was more enjoyable?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Weekend 1

10 40.00%
  • Weekend 2

15 60.00%

Thread: To those who went both Weekends, which Weekend was better?

Default To those who went both Weekends, which Weekend was better?

Was it Weekend 1 that was more enjoyable? Or the heat of Weekend 2? Pros and cons? Which weekend had the better crowd, artists performed a better set....
    Upcoming Shows:
    Kasabian/Bo Ningen: 10/1 @ Metro
    Coachella: 4/10-12 @ Empire Polo Fields

Default Re: To those who went both Weekends, which Weekend was better?

Reviews?
    Upcoming Shows:
    Kasabian/Bo Ningen: 10/1 @ Metro
    Coachella: 4/10-12 @ Empire Polo Fields

Friday is tied. Weekend 1 Saturday was better. Weekend 2 Sunday was better. Fuck the heat.
    RAPE STOVE

white power?!

I put this in another thread about the same thing but here it goes.

I know this is gonna break many boardies hearts, but if you're gonna be honest about this, it's weekend 2 and it's not close. I'll give you a few specific reasons why week 2 wins. First and foremost, the weather in week 2 was by far the best. I think that weather does affect the momentum in the crowd and on stage. The energy when the crowd is lubed up with a little sweat is much different. The bands feed off the energy in the crowd and it does make a difference. Second, all of the kinks were ironed out for week 2. Justice played a full set, the sound issues from week
    1 were fixed on each stage, and each band is much more comfortable to be on stage their second time. The only things that week one has over week two is the surprise factor and better grass. That's it. The performances were stronger, the weather was way better (sorry week 1 but Friday and Saturday were freezing at night), the sound was better on the outdoor especially, and the beautiful people were out in full effect in week 2 in their lovely bikinis. Week 2 ftw. The answer to this debate is to go both weeks. Then you get the best of both worlds and have the opportunity to see every act you want, plus a couple twice, without worrying about conflicts.
    COACHELLA- 99, 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12 (wk 1 & 2), 13 (wk 1 &2), 14 (wk 1 & 2)

Quote Originally Posted by crombrenner View Post
    The answer to this debate is to go both weeks. Then you get the best of both worlds and have the opportunity to see every act you want, plus a couple twice, without worrying about conflicts.
    ^^
    This. Well put.

I couldn't leave the shade of the tent all of week 2. I was a prisoner to the sun and wasn't able to leave my camp till the sun went down a bit. Week 1 wins.
    Coachella Vet. 03,05,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,and 14

Quote Originally Posted by crombrenner View Post
    I put this in another thread about the same thing but here it goes.

I know this is gonna break many boardies hearts, but if you're gonna be honest about this, it's weekend 2 and it's not close. I'll give you a few specific reasons why week 2 wins. First and foremost, the weather in week 2 was by far the best. I think that weather does affect the momentum in the crowd and on stage. The energy when the crowd is lubed up with a little sweat is much different. The bands feed off the energy in the crowd and it does make a difference. Second, all of the kinks were ironed out for week 2. Justice played a full set, the sound issues from week
    1 were fixed on each stage, and each band is much more comfortable to be on stage their second time. The only things that week one has over week two is the surprise factor and better grass. That's it. The performances were stronger, the weather was way better (sorry week 1 but Friday and Saturday were freezing at night), the sound was better on the outdoor especially, and the beautiful people were out in full effect in week 2 in their lovely bikinis. Week 2 ftw. The answer to this debate is to go both weeks. Then you get the best of both worlds and have the opportunity to see every act you want, plus a couple twice, without worrying about conflicts.
    Hahahhaa. Stopped reading after this. Credibility gone.

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

That's the weather is it is every year, and for many people, that's just how Coachella should be.
    last.fm
    8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/6/14 Elvis Costello & Ben Folds - Hollywood Bowl
    9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL // 9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

blue/green planet, 3 from the sun, can't miss it

the cold of week 1, Coldchella, was a kind of unholy aberration and the crowds seemed more ethusiastic towards the bands week 2
    04' 05' 07' 08' 09' 10' 11' 12' 13'
    Metric, Of Monsters, Local Natives, Beach House, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Band of Horses, Stone Roses, Foals, Tegan and Sara or How to Destroy 2 Bears, Violent Femmes, Portugal, Hot Chip, Spiritualized, Simian Mobile or Postal, Moby, New Order, Sigur Ros DIIV, Oh Sees, Grimes, Paul K, Oakey, Vampire Weekend, Pretty LIghts, OMD, WU, RHCP, Dead Can Dance

Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    That's the weather is it is every year, and for many people, that's just how Coachella should be.
    Well said Drinkey
    COACHELLA- 99, 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12 (wk 1 & 2), 13 (wk 1 &2), 14 (wk 1 & 2)