Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best Coachella crowds ever? Lots of politeness...

Default Best Coachella crowds ever? Lots of politeness...

I've been going since '04 and this is the first year that I didn't get shoved, jostled, harrassed, kicked, or stepped on, not even once. I went up front several times, usually a sure place to get pushed by someone looking to get to the stage, but all that happened was a lot of dancing and smiling. A few times people wanted to get by me, and they said "excuse me" and "thanks"!

Thanks for being so cool and fun, everybody. You made this the best Coachella ever! Even the "bros" I saw were cool, and I got more freebies from my concertmates than ever before. There was lots of love on the polo fields this year.

See you next year!

Default Re: Best Coachella crowds ever? Lots of politeness...

If best = boring, then maybe

you must not have been at the same coachella(s) i was at this year

Modeselektor both weekends in 2012!

you must not have gone to flying lotus. or gotye.
    Quote Originally Posted by thewindowliquor View Post
    No. I push you down. Always.

...Or the litany of other sets where people were constantly talking all around you, until they heard the one song they wanted to hear (M83, sadly, was the perfect example of this). It soured a few sets. It wasn't as bad as in recent years, though, I will agree to that.
    Upcoming: 04/11/14-04/13/14 - Coachella Weekend One; 04/18/14-04/20/14 - Coachella Weekend Two; 08/19/14 - NIN/Soundgarden (Isleta Amphitheater - Albuquerque, NM)

Quote Originally Posted by nahuatldream View Post
    ...Or the litany of other sets where people were constantly talking all around you, until they heard the one song they wanted to hear (M83, sadly, was the perfect example of this). It soured a few sets. It wasn't as bad as in recent years, though, I will agree to that.
    yeah the number of people freaking out over midnight city and then looking kind of confused at the great version of couleurs after that was dumb.
    Quote Originally Posted by thewindowliquor View Post
    No. I push you down. Always.

I went Weekend 1 and I noticed an equal amount of politeness and rudeness from attendees.
    2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2010, 2011, 2012.1, 2013.1, 2014.1

Quote Originally Posted by michaelvk View Post
    I've been going since '04 and this is the first year that I didn't get shoved, jostled, harrassed, kicked, or stepped on, not even once. I went up front several times, usually a sure place to get pushed by someone looking to get to the stage, but all that happened was a lot of dancing and smiling. A few times people wanted to get by me, and they said "excuse me" and "thanks"!

Thanks for being so cool and fun, everybody. You made this the best Coachella ever! Even the "bros" I saw were cool, and I got more freebies from my concertmates than ever before. There was lots of love on the polo fields this year.

See you next year!
    I attribute this to the end of 1-day ticket sales. Back when they used to sell 1-day passes, they also used to book bro-attracting bands like Rage Against the Machine, Jack Johnson, Coldplay and Tool. These casuals would just buy 1-day passes, show up at 5pm hang out in the beer garden all night until the headliner comes on, watch the headliner and leave. Now, with the 3-day only system, you only get hardcore Coachella-lovers who are in it for the long haul. The douchiest of the douchebags don't have a 3-day attention span and would lose interest after 1 day. Now, whatever bros/douchebags still go to Coachella, you'll typically find in the Sahara tent and I never go in there so I'm not sure what the shoving/pushing is like in there.

EHHHH NOT REALLY i was smoking a fat joint and these bros come up to me with this slut with high hairy boots talking about
    how my weed smells good and if they can i take a toke wich i let my kindness take over they smoked my shit
    i hate how they are so despret to get high and always asking for stokes so annnoyin!!!!! even when they smoked alll my shit they were still looking
    for left over weed on the grasss!! wtf!!!!!

Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar

soeaking of freebies, some kids were running around before the rapture looking for a peice. we had one. apparently some guy gave them 3 grams of has to let his girl cut in front of them in the porto line. they smoked us out and gave us a huge spliff on top of that. cool dudes.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by im18andilikeit View Post
    EHHHH NOT REALLY i was smoking a fat joint and these bros come up to me with this slut with high hairy boots talking about
    how my weed smells good and if they can i take a toke wich i let my kindness take over they smoked my shit
    i hate how they are so despret to get high and always asking for stokes so annnoyin!!!!! even when they smoked alll my shit they were still looking
    for left over weed on the grasss!! wtf!!!!!
    whoever let me hit their bowl at company flow, thank you. i was tripping pretty hard and needed to find my level. much appreciated.
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

Quote Originally Posted by Justin170 View Post
    Modeselektor both weekends in 2012!
    I was just about to post the same thing, regarding second weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by heart cooks brain View Post
    whoever let me hit their bowl at company flow, thank you. i was tripping pretty hard and needed to find my level. much appreciated.
    Tripping without weed in hand.... Not advisable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goatchella View Post
    I'm the number one Jedi.

is this thread a joke?
    Quote Originally Posted by psychic friend View Post
    the best songs are the ones that dont remind you of anyone in particular yet still give you that utter euphoric contentedness of perfection in your mind, body and soul. keep them close.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boourns View Post
    A bag of doritos > RHCP > getting kicked in the balls > Mumford & Sons > skinned alive > Macklemore
    Quote Originally Posted by elliottb View Post
    Ohh god, you guys are so fucking sensitive. Yes there is potential to get laid at Coachella if you camp or are willing to have sex against the fences by the Sahara.

I always take 3 or 4 hits off my joints and then pass it out to whoever wants it, I was actually surprised this year when there was a couple times no one in my general vicinity wanted any, I had to put it out.

thats weird i had alot people asking me if i sell weed or have a pipe?

Quote Originally Posted by im18andilikeit View Post
    thats weird i had alot people asking me if i sell weed or have a pipe?
    If you're selling, PM me.
    Quote Originally Posted by HotHamWater View Post
    Nobody has ever given a single fuck about anything you've ever had to say.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Erik or Dani: Can we change Spooks' member title to "Stupid Pigfucker"? thanks.

Usually find people ask for other drugs if Im smoking weed.

Blam
    Last edited by destraxiko; 04-28-2012 at 06:21 AM.

I was at weekend 1.
    The fields before 6pm were JOYOUS! In all the tents I met nothing but wonderful people, shared a great experience with Janelle at Grouplove who was there by herself and we bonded and enjoyed the show, we were close to the front and at one point a guy walks in front of her who was way tall, I grabbed her and put her in front of me so she could see and we enjoyed the set.

Dragonette, was on the rail and this guy behind me was in LOVE, LOVE, LOVE with them....at times he asked if he could just step up and be on the rail to which i happily obliged he would stay there a few minutes and would then turn around and thank me and step back with his group...went on throughout the show and I couldn't be happier to share the experience with him.

Sadly, anything after the sunset turned into people that just wanted to talk talk talk throughout whoever was playing. Waiting for the ONE song to which some still continued to talk. They couldn't ruin what was the great times with the people I got to meet earlier though.
    "The Coachella Valley wasn't always like this, there's been a great many changes made since I came here some 67 years ago"

Suprisingly, the crowd at Florence + The Machine was full of rabid, angry harpies.
    One skinny short bitch wouldn't let me walk close to get a good spot because "she needed to see Florence and no one could be in front of her".
    Then there was the Dad that was pushing me when I found a good spot, because his kid was sitting down next to where I was and thought I was gonna step over the little brat.

I think your daughter was dancing with me during the whole set. Hold that shit.
    Last edited by bells; 04-29-2012 at 02:11 AM.
    pillows and parties

I think that the Sahara lineup may have partially contributed to the absence of assholes elsewhere, but there were still plenty of douchebags roaming around. The worst was on Sunday when Justice was about to come on, there was a mass migration of bros from the Sahara tent to the Main stage, running and leaping over people like they were fucking gazelles

Coachella is WAY more polite than Stagecoach.

weed, etc. vs. beer and liquor.

Quote Originally Posted by hurryupmode View Post
    I think that the Sahara lineup may have partially contributed to the absence of assholes elsewhere, but there were still plenty of douchebags roaming around. The worst was on Sunday when Justice was about to come on, there was a mass migration of bros from the Sahara tent to the Main stage, running and leaping over people like they were fucking gazelles
    I hear that.

I was at the VIP rail on the right hand side on the Sunday, and there were a bunch of bro pricks about two rows behind us throughout The Hives, thankfully they fucked off before Justice. Thought they were gonna be there for the duration.

I was at the VIP rail towards the middle during the Hives on Sunday. I was just standing there minding my business watching a great show and this little gay dude wouldn't stop trying to dance with me. I literally had to push him forward 4 times to get him off of me.
    2013: Tool first three time Headliner.

Weekend 2 kicked weekend ones ass
    Coachella 02,03,04,05,06,07,08,09,10,11,12,12,13,14!

not a competition.

Quote Originally Posted by nahuatldream View Post
    m83 was totally ruined for me because of this. huge crowd, but no one paying attention to the actual show. that's basically the only thing that annoyed me, especially since the sound was so low the first weekend. who goes to a show to talk through the entire thing? stop your chatting & listen/appreciate/dance plz.