Thread: Thank you GV for the camping improvement

Default Thank you GV for the camping improvement

I haven't seen any other thread making this point directly, but a thousand thank yous for the group staging area. This was really a *tremendous* improvement; it made the experience of coming in as a group much less stressful, and it kept our group from getting split up (as it was last year), making for an overall more fun campground experience.

Please keep doing this in the future.

Default Re: Thank you GV for the camping improvement

What was "group staging"? When we entered the campsite we had one other car with us and after the security check they told us to keep going and that there was a waiting area where we could meet up with the rest. We ended up caravaning directly inside together but I did see some cars waiting and stuff. Is this what you're referring to?

Agreed and within the next few years I think a lot of us would like to see a group camping ticket option when purchasing. There are several ways they could implement something similar to bonnaroo's, take note goldenvoice.

Quote Originally Posted by xuclarockerx View Post
    What was "group staging"? When we entered the campsite we had one other car with us and after the security check they told us to keep going and that there was a waiting area where we could meet up with the rest. We ended up caravaning directly inside together but I did see some cars waiting and stuff. Is this what you're referring to?
    On the right side of lot 10, right as you entered lot 10 from the tollbooths, was a waiting area where you could hang out and wait for the rest of your group. It wasn't particularly well signed, but it was there, and every employee I asked about it - and I was paranoid about it being a myth so I asked and asked and asked - seemed to know about it.

Agreed, thanks GV

Yeahno, this didn't happen to me and my group. The security kept telling us we could not keep our cars together (we were all together, driving directly behind the other). And said we had to follow his orders.

So I said ok where do you want me to go? Then I went and parked exactly where I had intended, and my friends did the same. he came over to bitch and I said "Good luck making us move, try not to lose your job while you're not parking the rest of those cars lining up over there" he turned, looked and walked off to park more cars.

Lot 7, jerk.
    With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams; it is still a beautiful world.
    Coachella: 08, 09, 10, 11, 12w1, 12w2, 13w1, 14w2
    Lollapalooza: 08,10,11,12
    Burning Man: 08,10

I would love to echo this praise, I had been meaning to make a thread similar to this. The same people who were yelling at us and trying to herd us into camp spots like refugees in 2011 were completely and totally kind and happy to greet us this year. Such a weight off everyones shoulders right up front it was really really fantastic. Thank you so much for hearing the complaints of last year GV, and making an improvement, it seriously meant a great deal to my group and I, and I'm sure to everyone else as well even if they are not here to post about it.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!

Amen! A million thank yous for the staging area. Took all the stress out of the ride into the grounds. Cant wait till next year when we make a thread titled "Thanks for hiring real security and not the scum of Compton/Inglewood"
    Quote Originally Posted by sbessiso View Post
    I jacked off 4 times today all before work! true story!
    Quote Originally Posted by greghead View Post
    Spicy pie or die, bitch.

This was wonderful, I was also relieved to see that they weren't too harsh about the five minute waiting cap. Obviously you couldn't wait there all day for someone arriving later but there were huge differences in the searches conducted on each line, my group ended up waiting fifteen minutes for someone that arrived at the same time
    Quote Originally Posted by pachucasunrise View Post
    Thought this said Of Mice & Men. Now THAT'S a scary thought...
    Quote Originally Posted by iantmcfarland View Post
    Just don't schedule them anywhere near White Rabbits.

SUPER TALL PAUL THANK YOU!!! this guy was hilarious and kept all the people all messed up on drugs entertained till the wee hours..great show indeed

Paul is dead

Our 4 cars arrived at about 10:30AM Thursday. We all got in the same search line and 2 cars were through security in about 40 minutes and the other 2 were about 5 minutes behind. The wait in the staging area for the other 2 cars was stress free and we all ended up next to each other on 106th in lot 8. Couldn't have been easier.

Thanks GV.

I too just want to thank GV for this seriously great improvement for people that wanted to park together in the car camping area. Not sure why it had to be such a big deal, last year sucked big time, but now that it finally is in place it really made our Coachella 2012 as good as camping could be in a 10x30 spot:-) All 26 people in our group thank you from the bottom of our hearts!

Yes, kudos from our camping group as well. It made our Thursday afternoon to see how well managed this addition was. Plenty of staff members organizing the whole thing, one lady who appeared to be the supervisor in charge of the operation was particularly friendly and helpful, making sure each car passing her understood to turn left to meet up with a group or straight forward if alone. Another guy who greeted the first car in our group, letting us know to walk over to the entrance of the staging area to wave over the rest of our group and get them into the right line, and a third who stopped traffic momentarily to allow our group unfettered access to get back into the line and proceed to parking in Lot 8. You guys went from zero to 60 in terms of accommodating group camping this year, and it didn't go unnoticed.

bathrooms seemed like the cleanest experienced in last 5 five years, tall paul was amazing every night, bikes were funny as shit, and group meet up was relief. really feel taken care of this year in camping