Thread: El Dorado vs car camping?

Default El Dorado vs car camping?

So, this was my first year & I car camped. It was AWESOME. I'm already planning next year and I'm wondering if El Dorado is equally awesome or should I stick to car camping?

Default Re: El Dorado vs car camping?

Not worth it especially for the same price as a nice hotel. I car camped last year and wanted to try eldorado. It was just too hot this year to enjoy downtime in the tent (that had frogs and crickets and ants everywhere). Also really hard to sneak friends in though we did it all 4 days. If you're into the 24/7 car camp parties you wouldn't like lake eldorado very much either, but it's nice to come back to a quiet tent after partying in the campgrounds. The cots are nothing special and there were still lines for the shower but assuming a lot less than that of other campgrounds. People are cool but so is everyone at Coachella haha. If you enjoyed car camping then stick with it, it's a lot cheaper. Nonetheless had the time of my life and the lake is beautiful and nice to trip by haha. Hope I helped and if you have any other questions feel free to ask!!

I love El Dorado. This year I didn't wait for a shower once (Weekend 1). People talk about a hotel being a better experience than El Dorado for the price, and they are correct if you are going by pure experience, but it's the location combined with the nicer experience that cannot be beat. Less than a minute to the farmer's market in the morning, close to all the car camping action, and of course under ten minutes to the festival. Plenty of time to run back to change or drink during the downtime in your schedule. Can't do that at a hotel.

Not being able to get friends in is the only downside for me. Other than that, the tents are huge, the people friendly, the lake drop dead beautiful, and the charging stations/showers are virtually wait free. It's essentially a more grown up car camping. We've done it twice now, and will continue to do it as long as it's an option, although I wonder if it will be seeing as it did not sell out this year.

My only gripe about car camping is the dusty ground they had us on, while regular car camping had perfect, lush grass. A little unfair for someone paying so much more.

But I have to echo the praise for the shower/bathroom situation and the proximity to food/chargers. This year we brought a canopy (so fucking recommended) and we had an awesome time.

I have to say, I was pretty disappointed with car camping. I really liked all of the amenities the festival has provided, but in my case giving people access to electricity through their car, etc. made it a relatively shitty experience, since Dubstep-chella was all around us. Our neighbors actually brought a generator to run their DJ-ing system all fucking night. I even overheard them saying "fuck the neighbors sleeping, this is Coachella!"

As someone who's tent camped a couple of weekends in the past, I wanted to tell them to fuck off. I have NEVER had an issue with people being rude like that. Having a good time is one thing, but seriously, don't force your bullshit on people who want nothing to do with it.