Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: FUCK TENT CAMPING!

Default Re: FUCK TENT CAMPING!

Quote Originally Posted by lostatlimbo View Post
    Inside the venue there is free drinking water to refill, but nothing available in the campgrounds.
    False.

Quote Originally Posted by Stickjohn View Post
    I never needed it but according to the map there was a water refill station in Lot 8 this year.
    There was, and it was not hard to find.

Tent Camping was the shit, when it was the only option. Some of you guys were out by 50th Ave...wtf?! Might as well have been offsite camping. Why did they not just make lot 4B the Tent Only camping. I walked by that lot all weekend and it was as empty as a frat boy's beer bong.
    Class of 1999, 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 W2, 2013 W1 & 2014 W2

Quote Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
    How can some1 still 100 dollars from a broke single mom!!!!! WTF!! People r so getto!! I wouldint do that to some1 I hate

Quote Originally Posted by billtino View Post
    Tent Camping was the shit, when it was the only option.
    SO FUCKING TRUE

2009 was absolutely amazing. then 2010 happened and tent camping went straight to hell. someone got fucked in my tent on friday. coming back to a used condom, busted air mattress and trashed food is smashing after a day of coachella. i wish it would go back to just tent camping.
    Quote Originally Posted by psychic friend View Post
    the best songs are the ones that dont remind you of anyone in particular yet still give you that utter euphoric contentedness of perfection in your mind, body and soul. keep them close.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boourns View Post
    A bag of doritos > RHCP > getting kicked in the balls > Mumford & Sons > skinned alive > Macklemore
    Quote Originally Posted by elliottb View Post
    Ohh god, you guys are so fucking sensitive. Yes there is potential to get laid at Coachella if you camp or are willing to have sex against the fences by the Sahara.

Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    SO FUCKING TRUE

2009 was absolutely amazing. then 2010 happened and tent camping went straight to hell. someone got fucked in my tent on friday. coming back to a used condom, busted air mattress and trashed food is smashing after a day of coachella. i wish it would go back to just tent camping.
    2008 and 2009 tent camping was NOT amazing.

You had to park in a lot 10, then drag all your shit with you across lot 10 into Lot 8 to get checked, then drag your shit to the camp spot... and then turn around and go back and get whatever you weren't able to bring with you on the first trip.
    With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams; it is still a beautiful world.
    Coachella: 08, 09, 10, 11, 12w1, 12w2, 13w1, 14w2
    Lollapalooza: 08,10,11,12
    Burning Man: 08,10

We've done tent camping and yes...you make great friends and such but it's still shit. However, if you can save $10.50 per person per day for 300 days (I know that's still a lot) you can do the Safari Tent and all will be forgiven. We fretted so much about the cost and how the hell could we spend that much money on a flippin' music festival but we did and stopped the self loathing about 2 minutes after we arrived.

Already saving for next year. Some of the best memories in a life full of fanfuckingtastic memories. The access. The outrageous A/C. The wonderful green grass everywhere. The swimming pool. The golf carts to get you to the back or front of the main stage in less than 10 minutes. If you are really INTO Coachella, then save up the dough and go for it. We need more people that like to party next year.

Saving $10.50 a day for 300 days makes it seem so reasonable. Much like "don't look down"....don't ever admit to "how much it costs". It's always $10.50 per day. So, "Joe Blow..how much was that fancy tent for the one percenters?" The reply always is "$10.50 per day".

You want expensive, no matter how you rationalize it? Bonnaroo Roll Like a Rockstar....$26,000 (including tour bus) and amazingly, with far from all access. That is some rich hippy shit going down in TN.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderbot View Post
    2008 and 2009 tent camping was NOT amazing.

You had to park in a lot 10, then drag all your shit with you across lot 10 into Lot 8 to get checked, then drag your shit to the camp spot... and then turn around and go back and get whatever you weren't able to bring with you on the first trip.
    i don't remember doing all of that in 2009... then again i'm not familiar with the lots, lol. i just remember the experience being a lot better... having front row was really nice. and with tent camping in 2010 they put the tent people in this secluded dunce area. ugh. i vote for 2009 camping
    Quote Originally Posted by psychic friend View Post
    the best songs are the ones that dont remind you of anyone in particular yet still give you that utter euphoric contentedness of perfection in your mind, body and soul. keep them close.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boourns View Post
    A bag of doritos > RHCP > getting kicked in the balls > Mumford & Sons > skinned alive > Macklemore
    Quote Originally Posted by elliottb View Post
    Ohh god, you guys are so fucking sensitive. Yes there is potential to get laid at Coachella if you camp or are willing to have sex against the fences by the Sahara.

3 star hotel with breakfast buffet = quasi-camping
    Quote Originally Posted by MotorAve View Post
    Careful, while the threats are amusingly clueless, I could probably have this whole board shut down with one phone call.

Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    i don't remember doing all of that in 2009... then again i'm not familiar with the lots, lol. i just remember the experience being a lot better... having front row was really nice. and with tent camping in 2010 they put the tent people in this secluded dunce area. ugh. i vote for 2009 camping
    The only reason you liked it is because Lot 8, was where they put tent campers before. And that's the lot right next to the entrance.

That won't EVERY happen again, it's now a car camping lot.

Car camp at coachella or suck forever.
    With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams; it is still a beautiful world.
    Coachella: 08, 09, 10, 11, 12w1, 12w2, 13w1, 14w2
    Lollapalooza: 08,10,11,12
    Burning Man: 08,10

Grant is more a VIP/hotel type guy now. They grow up so fast these days ...

Quote Originally Posted by SFOtoJFK View Post
    We've done tent camping and yes...you make great friends and such but it's still shit. However, if you can save $10.50 per person per day for 300 days (I know that's still a lot) you can do the Safari Tent and all will be forgiven. We fretted so much about the cost and how the hell could we spend that much money on a flippin' music festival but we did and stopped the self loathing about 2 minutes after we arrived.

Already saving for next year. Some of the best memories in a life full of fanfuckingtastic memories. The access. The outrageous A/C. The wonderful green grass everywhere. The swimming pool. The golf carts to get you to the back or front of the main stage in less than 10 minutes. If you are really INTO Coachella, then save up the dough and go for it. We need more people that like to party next year.

Saving $10.50 a day for 300 days makes it seem so reasonable. Much like "don't look down"....don't ever admit to "how much it costs". It's always $10.50 per day. So, "Joe Blow..how much was that fancy tent for the one percenters?" The reply always is "$10.50 per day".

You want expensive, no matter how you rationalize it? Bonnaroo Roll Like a Rockstar....$26,000 (including tour bus) and amazingly, with far from all access. That is some rich hippy shit going down in TN.
    One day I'm going to do the Safari tents. You get all of the positive things about camping without the negative, so it really does seem pretty bad ass. But it's just so damn expensive, I can't afford that shit right now. Are you a smoker? Were you able to smoke in there? My friends were camping in Car Camping and security tried to roll up on them for smoking in their tents.

^ I was wondering this, too. I feel like because there are less people there it would be harder to get away with everything.
    Quote Originally Posted by involvelemons View Post
    Silent discos are like having sex with a virgin: really exciting in theory, extremely awkward in execution.
    Quote Originally Posted by BROKENDOLL View Post
    I bet Cara's gotten enough Twats on a Platter and Dick on a Stick to open her own Trolls to Go snack shop.

Quote Originally Posted by ENluv12 View Post
    ^ I was wondering this, too. I feel like because there are less people there it would be harder to get away with everything.
    Exactly what I was thinking. And if so, fuck that

yeah, no way in hell I am paying that much fucking money to not be able to thrown down in comfort.
    Silent discos are like having sex with a virgin: really exciting in theory, extremely awkward in execution.
    I bet Cara's gotten enough Twats on a Platter and Dick on a Stick to open her own Trolls to Go snack shop.

Just buy a house.
    Coachella 02,03,04,05,06,07,08,09,10,11,12,12,13,14,15!

Quote Originally Posted by Ambassador of Coachella View Post
    Just buy a house.
    Seriously, for how much Safari tent camping costs you could get a dope ass house a few miles away if you book early.

Fuck camping...

... unless they bring back RV camping.
    fuck.

Quote Originally Posted by GuyInTucson View Post
    Fuck camping...

... unless they bring back RV camping.
    Now this I could do.

yall are old farts and cant handle camping...
    2012w1
    2013w1

nobil@sbcglobal.net

Tent Camping was like the poor stepbrother to Car camping. Shitty, sandy ground with fire ants & next to the stables with the scent of horse shit in the morning air, no nearby showers, and we didn't get water at the porta-potty till day 2. It was a bad experience except for the fellow campers - all of them were great - it felt like Coachella found the worst place and the worst attitude to deal with tent campers = NEVER AGAIN.

This was my 3rd time tent camping, never again. We had an awesome settup and that was not the problem, rather the distance to showers and camping center, and lack of grass was a problem. Also, I'm over the lack of privacy...i wanna get down on my coachella vacation, but in my tent next to my sisters and bro-in-law is not a great time. I'm gettin to old to camp apparently, so i'm gonna rent a house and take a shuttle.

Coachella 2012 part deux

Coachella Junkie frozen pilgrim's Avatar

genuinely curious about the safari tents re: smoking pot. how'd that work out in such a (presumably) secured camping area

We are going to be comfortable this year. We got a Standing Room 100 tent from Amazon. It is 10x10 with almost 9' of head room. It hangs from a 10x10 shade canopy which acts as a fly and shades the tent. Enough room inside for a queen size air mattress, a table and two chairs! With two doors and two large windows there is plenty of ventilation. We are bringing extra tarps to shade the sides as well. Z.jpg

for those asking about tent camping.

I think tent camping is going to get some love this year with some nice grass but far distance away from everything.

That's crazy... I started this thread.