Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: FUCK TENT CAMPING!

The murder capital where we murder for capital

Default Re: FUCK TENT CAMPING!

They have running water. Also you can bring an air mattress.

Quote Originally Posted by MMMMJ View Post
    We did tent camping last year and car camping this year. Tent camping was awful (mostly because of the longgggggg ass walk past lot 10) but aside from having the car next to the us this year, camping was still brutal. Hotel next year, thank you very much.
    I'm not sure if people just have really high expectations, or what... But you're really in the cuts when you camp. Yes, the experience is fabulous and you can easily walk to the venue, but I need running water and a bed. I just do.
    Arrive earlier.
    Prepare a better camp.

I assure your camp was not pimped out in any way, and thus you had a bad camping experience.

Learn to camp comfortably, and you will not complain.
    With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams; it is still a beautiful world.
    Coachella: 08, 09, 10, 11, 12w1, 12w2, 13w1, 14w2
    Lollapalooza: 08,10,11,12
    Burning Man: 08,10

You're a clown. You're just trying to ruffle up some feathers. Tent campers were not paying that much less than car campers. 75 bucks isn't cheap. As a paying customer, i deserve at least some grass.

FUCK BOTH OF YOU CLOWNS

They should of clarified that if you pay less; you get some shitty ass lot. They never made that clear. Anyways! I'm done with this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderbot View Post
    Arrive earlier.
    Prepare a better camp.

I assure your camp was not pimped out in any way, and thus you had a bad camping experience.

Learn to camp comfortably, and you will not complain.
    Wonderbot, c'mon, the very least you could do is tell her how you got all your pimpin' camp gear this year to use for next year! lol

Quote Originally Posted by geonotgio View Post
    You're a clown. You're just trying to ruffle up some feathers. Tent campers were not paying that much less than car campers. 75 bucks isn't cheap. As a paying customer, i deserve at least some grass.

FUCK BOTH OF YOU CLOWNS
    CLOWN? The man will be pimping out tents next year, you watch. Dudes got shit for days after this year's score.
    Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

I'm getting caught up in the general boardie douchebaggery. So yes, you're right. I should offer advice with the snarky replies.

Camping essentials for Indio:

1) SHADE:
    You need something covering your tent from the sun, or it will turn into an oven. And no, your tents Rain fly thingie will not protect you from the sun.
    Popular options: EZ-Up, Carport, build your own out of PVC.

2) Less is more, except for when it's not:
    What I mean is don't buy a tent that's 10x20 and expect to have space for both your car and tent in a 10x30 plot of land. Plan for the space you're provided, or buy extra camping spots (requires you have a car for each at the time of parking).
    PRO-TIP: With Multiple cars, or just one, the best thing to do is buy a car companion pass (Parking on site) and you unload your gear, set up camp, then move the car off to the companion parking lot. This leaves you with the entire 10x30 spot for your camp (but leaves you without a secure place to lock your valuables in, and have a place to charge your electronic devices if you only have one car).

3) Sleeping comfortably:
    You don't need an air mattress, especially if you don't have a canopy to shield your camp from the sun. In cold/hot climates the air mattress will become an ice cube/hot plate. You can prepare for cold by having one of those blue tarps laid out on the ground, and you set up your tent on top of it, so it insulates your tent from the cold/hot ground. You can also put something on the bottom of your tent floor to double up on this, or only inside your tent if you don't have something for outside/under it. With a sleeping bag rated for the kind of weather you're expecting (Example weekend 1 you needed a bag rated for at least 40degrees to be warm). If it's warm weather you can sleep pretty much anywhere until sunrise, then it'll get hot depending on your setup. Blankets will not keep you warmer than a sleeping bag on an air mattress if the temp is cold.

4) Access to the venue:
    Arrive for car camping in between 2pm and 3pm which usually gets you into lot 5 as it's filling up, or lot 8 (which is the best IMO). A camping spot in lot 8 means you can exit the festival any time and go to your tent and be back within 10-15min easily.

5) Camp amenities:
    Camping chairs, fold-up table, Shower tent, solar shower, chemical toilet or a "dry" toilet (uses these double sealed bags you pretty much only use to poop in, easier to deal with than a chemical toilet), a cheap radio, an inverter to charge your devices from the car (or try your luck standing in line at other outlets). Cheap LED lighting (lasts long time on battery power, is bright), flashlights/headlamps, baby wipes (in case you can't shower always), extra tent stakes (Always buy some new tent stakes, try to never use the ones provided with your tent/gear they usually SUCK).

6) Be aware of your neighbors:
    This can make or break your camping experience. Most people are cool, and you should try and get to know them. I've camped and ignored neighbors and I've camped and made lasting friends. The benefit is if you make friends, it's like having an extra set of eyes watching over your shit. However you can't be too trusting, so never flash your expensive gear to them either, or let anyone see where you hide stuff.

7) Hiding stuff:
    I'm a little hesitant to share this but I figure it's relatively safe to give out... If you have a little spade or the like, you can dig a little hole, where you can put a lockbox or a regular box and then set up your tent over it. There you can hide your keys or "other" things if you don't have your car parked near your tent. You can even go as far as cutting a hole in your old beat-up tent so you can access your secret stash from inside the tent.

There's more of course, but I'm at work and I have to make trails for a meeting.

But yeah, there is no reason for anyone to have a bad camping experience if you are prepared for comfort.

And don't forget the lube

Quote Originally Posted by Goatchella View Post
    And don't forget the lube
    Goat, you seem like an awesome guy. I hope I get to meet you next year.

Banned

FUCK BOTH OF YOU CLOWNS
    wahhhh!!!!!!! wah!!!!!!!!! wah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

crying_baby.jpg

FUCK BOTH OF YOU CLOWNS
    Translation: I didn't prepare so my camp was terrible and I was uncomfortable. All my own fault, for not being prepared for comfort. But I'll blame everyone but myself.

Banned

Translation: I didn't prepare so my camp was terrible and I was uncomfortable. All my own fault, for not being prepared for comfort. But I'll blame everyone but myself.
    EXACTLY.

i had so much fun camping with other people and introducing myself to my neighbors so that when i didn't have something all i had to do was ask around nicely . man did i love laying on the grass and on my neighbors air mattress smoking j's with the group .. there is nothing like camping .. i didn't prepare as well as i should have but in the end i didn't let it bother me to the point where i have to cry all day

This year I rented a pickup and we had a 10x20 carport, a 10x10 EZ Up a 10x20 tent a 10x10 tent a portable shower tent, 2 solar showers, a toilet, air mattresses, sleeping bags, camping chairs, etc etc....

We could not have been more comfortable, unless we stayed in a hotel.

Even with "poor" ground conditions, we would not have noticed any problems at all because we were prepared.

Next year my camp will be even better than this last. Not Goatchella worthy mind you... but I strive to get to that point.

Goat, you seem like an awesome guy. I hope I get to meet you next year.
    Wanna share a sleeping bag?

This year I rented a pickup and we had a 10x20 carport, a 10x10 EZ Up a 10x20 tent a 10x10 tent a portable shower tent, 2 solar showers, a toilet, air mattresses, sleeping bags, camping chairs, etc etc....

We could not have been more comfortable, unless we stayed in a hotel.

Even with "poor" ground conditions, we would not have noticed any problems at all because we were prepared.

Next year my camp will be even better than this last. Not Goatchella worthy mind you... but I strive to get to that point.
    Like a bawssss

I supposed that was going to happen, so i paid an hotel room for this year, heres some pics for 2010 and 2011 for all you people can see the quality decrease:

2010:

Beautiful grass, incredible view:

Hard grass, dust and horse shit smell:

Click on the photo to see them larger

This has nothing to do with tent camping specifically, but since you're discussing the finer merits of car camping, the only complaint I had (first time) was no drinking water.

Inside the venue there is free drinking water to refill, but nothing available in the campgrounds.

I get that they are trying to make as much money as they can from us ($48 for a case of cheap bottled water), but come on... its a basic necessity. I'm buying your delicious $9 breakfast burritos each morning, least you could do is offer a couple drinking water stations in the campgrounds.

That said, overall, the experience was great. Had a great campsite and great neighbors. Didn't sleep for shit, but I'll do that when I'm dead.

uh. you camped in the desert and didn't bring water? are you dumb?
    Quote Originally Posted by thewindowliquor View Post
    No. I push you down. Always.

Quote Originally Posted by lostatlimbo View Post
    This has nothing to do with tent camping specifically, but since you're discussing the finer merits of car camping, the only complaint I had (first time) was no drinking water.

Inside the venue there is free drinking water to refill, but nothing available in the campgrounds.

I get that they are trying to make as much money as they can from us ($48 for a case of cheap bottled water), but come on... its a basic necessity. I'm buying your delicious $9 breakfast burritos each morning, least you could do is offer a couple drinking water stations in the campgrounds.

That said, overall, the experience was great. Had a great campsite and great neighbors. Didn't sleep for shit, but I'll do that when I'm dead.
    So what you're saying is it was your fucking fault for not buying a cheap case of water to bring with you to coachella?

Now that car camping is available why in gods name would you want to do tent camping?

BUT the one thing I can complain about!!! fucking security took my god damn rubber mallet!!!!!!! WHAT THE FUCK AM I SUPPOSED TO BEAT THE STAKES INTO THE GROUND WITH!?! MY FOOT!?!?!

Fucking tards.... of all the things they decide to take essential camping gear -.- smh smh..

I never needed it but according to the map there was a water refill station in Lot 8 this year.

We had a large group on one side of us that pretty much walled us out and 2 really nice, super pretty, expert camping women on the other side. It was just fine.

My camp had plenty of water (I didn't have to buy any at the store, just quoting the price I heard in line)

That really wasn't my point though. Its a wasteful to bring in a shitload of water bottles into the campgrounds. Even if they get recycled it would be much better to just fill up a couple jugs at a refill station and leave all the fucking trash at home.

Coachella likes to pretend that its reducing its environmental impact, but requiring each person to bring in a weekend's worth of drinking water is a FAIL in that regard.

I stayed in Tent Camping and I can honestly say I have nothing to complain about!
    The "uneven" ground was hardly noticeable, and kind of expected, seeing as you are CAMPING.
    We made friends with a large amount of our neighbours, whom we ended up partying with for the entire 3 days, no depressed campers to be seen!
    And the BEST perk of tent camping, was having the CLEANEST bathrooms out of all the lots. Seriously worth it!!!
    The only benefit of car camping in my mind, is obviously having your car next to your tent. However, our vehicles were a short enough distance away that it was practically the same as having it next to our tent anyways!
    I don't know what everyone seems to be complaining about, you can't seriously have been expecting some sort of "first class" camping experience at a music festival!!

Wanna share a sleeping bag?
    Only if you can put up with my snoring

That will be easier than what your gonna have to deal with.

Quote Originally Posted by lostatlimbo View Post
    That really wasn't my point though. Its a wasteful to bring in a shitload of water bottles into the campgrounds. Even if they get recycled it would be much better to just fill up a couple jugs at a refill station and leave all the fucking trash at home.
    Why don't you just bring in jugs filled with water? I brought in 3x 5-gallon water carriers. They can be used to refill your jugs.

Quote Originally Posted by lehorne View Post
    as does manicured bush
    nice one

I liked tent camping . every moring a few girls by my site took their tops off and spryed sunscreen all over them, great time , *****OUR BATHROOMS WHERE ALWAYS CLEAN AND NOT OVER FLOWING****** because not many people knew about our bathrooms, **less cops** unless you where maken smoke clouds for the cleaning people to see they really didnt come in. they didnt seach my car, and when i brought my stuff to the tent site the sceeners looked at me asked if I had any drugs a let me walk by they did search people but not me " . EZ to get in and out you could take your car and just drive out if you wanted to in tent camping
    , or the shuttle was right there , Just getting out on the last day was EZ no lines getting out of town. at the end of every night we wernt in the dust cloud made from the people walking back everyday. over it wasent that bad

Quote Originally Posted by Jugohouse View Post
    I supposed that was going to happen, so i paid an hotel room for this year, heres some pics for 2010 and 2011 for all you people can see the quality decrease:

2010:

Beautiful grass, incredible view:

Hard grass, dust and horse shit smell:

Click on the photo to see them larger
    the 2011 location just looked *awful*.

camping is amazing and the ONLY way to experience the festival in its entirety. But you must be prepared: shade, sleeping pad, food (dry ice works amazing, it’s a little more expensive at first, but I never had to buy more all weekend. my cooler froze my strawberries so we had a nice treat after the 1st and 2nd night), and plenty of water (the 5 gal jugs are amazing and really cheap to fill).

The most important thing YOUR attitude about the whole situation, you either love it and make the best of it; or hate it and complain the whole weekend ruining things for the people around you.
    No Shirt
    No Shoes
    No Dice

Learn it. Know it. Live it.

Only if you can put up with my snoring
    That will be easier than what your gonna have to deal with.
    you gonna get raped....
    Quote Originally Posted by softbulletin View Post
    I don't agree with him, but he has every right to complain. The people who complain about the complainers are even worse in my opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by LongshotJoe View Post
    But the WORST are the people who complain about the people complaining about the complainers. Those people should probably kill themselves.

Last time I camped at Coachella was 2008, and yes, compared to how it used to be, tent camping sucks. here's a photo from weekend 1. yes, that's my tent in the "sold out" tent camping.
    coachella2012 182.jpg