Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: too many frat "bros"

Default Re: too many frat "bros"

While I agree with the sentiments, your gross negligence towards the return key makes you seem like a moron.

But I agree.

edit: lol

I agree, so I added paragraphs so I don't look as much like a moron. Thank you sir.
    2013: Tool first three time Headliner.

Dodgeball (Week2) was a God Damn Frat boy Intramural....I thoroughly enjoyed seeing them beam each other in the head.
    Class of 1999, 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 W2, 2013 W1 & 2014 W2

Quote Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
    How can some1 still 100 dollars from a broke single mom!!!!! WTF!! People r so getto!! I wouldint do that to some1 I hate

yeah hate to say it but i think this year had the most amount of bros. thank you sahara tent
    Quote Originally Posted by psychic friend View Post
    the best songs are the ones that dont remind you of anyone in particular yet still give you that utter euphoric contentedness of perfection in your mind, body and soul. keep them close.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boourns View Post
    A bag of doritos > RHCP > getting kicked in the balls > Mumford & Sons > skinned alive > Macklemore
    Quote Originally Posted by elliottb View Post
    Ohh god, you guys are so fucking sensitive. Yes there is potential to get laid at Coachella if you camp or are willing to have sex against the fences by the Sahara.

Quote Originally Posted by cman1098 View Post
    I remember these two 20 year old girls, extremely hot btw, came up to me and started talking to me about seeing Guetta next. They also knew I was older and they needed someone to buy them alcohol (I'm 23 btw it was my 3rd Coachella). I laughed at them and told them I had no time to get them alcohol even if they both took turns sucking my dick. They were appalled and moved on to the next sap. "
    Quid bro quo.
    He sold his soul for a shot at fame
    Catchphrase and wigs and the jokes are lame...

Quote Originally Posted by Mugwog View Post
    2013 Plan - Salah - you dress as your funky sexy self, any of us who spot shirtless sweaty bros who will be easily coaxed into a tent for "pure ecstasy" will forward them to you
    Im holding you to this. I need wing men
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Coyne
    People treat Arcade Fire like they're the greatest thing ever and they get away with it.

Quote Originally Posted by ods.. View Post
    Sadly, that's all too true.

Also (since there doesn't seem to be a thread, nor do I want to start one), there seemed to be a ton of first timers on the fields this year, both weekends. Nearly every person I met/talked to was there for the first time. Not sure exactly what that means, but I thought it was interesting. Some of them were bros with zero music taste, but I met a few alright people as well.
    That's somewhat unsurprising given that GV effectively doubled capacity.

Quote Originally Posted by sbessiso View Post
    Im holding you to this. I need wing men
    Solochella + mischievous acid mode. You got it.

"See that guy right there, the code is to back it up against him and dance, he'll bring you to a state of pure ecstasy."

During Kaiser Chiefs this dude pushed his way up to the front, told everyone around him they are assholes for not 'raging', faced the crowed (back to stage) and fist pumped for 20 minutes, turned in a few circles while fist pumping then left..
    Last edited by fibes; 04-30-2012 at 02:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fibes View Post
    During Kaiser Chiefs this dude pushed his way up to the front, told everyone around him they are assholes for not 'raging', faced the crowed (back to stage) and fist pumped for 20 minutes, turned in a few circles while fist pumping then left..
    would like to see a video of that. and i thought the bro "point at the stage" move was annoying...

i was going to say i dont believe you, but i saw a few people like that here and there. on my way to the shuttles one night there were three women walking back who were soooooo "jersey" it was like they were caricatures of the people on jersey shore. all of them fugly as hell with the orange spray tans, all of them VERY VERY VERY FUCKING LOUD, one of the loudest ones had that woman whos been drinking gin and smoking for 50+ years voice that sounded like a man but she couldnt have been more than 30. oh and they were all arguing too of course, probably all agreeing yet yelling at each other because its a jersey thing.

it was around 1AM and every step hurt pretty bad, but my friend and i ran ahead as fast as we could to the shuttles just to make sure they werent on the same bus

I didn't have problems with any of them, they were pretty nice actually. I had a few problems with the "hipster" crowd as they were kinda mean about standing in front of them at shows. I'm not even that tall!

Quote Originally Posted by swdshfsk View Post
    I do hate making generalizations about "bros", particularly since I am in a fraternity myself. And, for the most part, I have no issues with "bros" (or their female counterparts...you know the type) at the show. But, camping next to a gaggle of these folks totally killed the experience for me (not the fest, just the camping).

- Our camping bros brought their DJ system with a generator and ran that shit through the night Saturday night. At one point (3...4 am ish?) they turned things up literally just to piss off the rest of us trying to sleep. They acted like it was justified: "what the fuck, it's Coachella!", to which I call bullshit. It was their first year at the fest, and my 4th...I've never had that type of experience.

Alright...I'm done being pissed about it. Happy Coachella, folks!
    were you in lot 7? if so, I Heard those assholes.
    weekend one

my cousin put this on the window of our car... ROBROCHELLA!
    weekend one

for a second there I thought one of you ass hats started a thread to complain about the abundance of fat ho's this year. My mistake
    I would never want to belong to any club that would have someone like me for a member...

Quote Originally Posted by ballroomdancer22 View Post
    for a second there I thought one of you ass hats started a thread to complain about the abundance of fat ho's this year. My mistake
    ^Nice. As far as the BRO'S, shit happens.

Quote Originally Posted by destraxiko View Post
    I don't know why you would let people existing bother you. Californians are always bitching about bros as if they are some abstract phenomenon. I did see some people who match such descriptions, but I didn't stare at them with disdain, and I had a tremendous weekend. You should try something similar
    If all they did was keep to themselves and enjoy the weekend, I wouldn't have had a problem. The reason people don't enjoy bro's is because bullying other people IS what they do for fun.

Quote Originally Posted by swdshfsk View Post
    I do hate making generalizations about "bros", particularly since I am in a fraternity myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by badgerbeaver View Post
    heyyy....I'm from colorado and I'm not a frat bro or in a frat at all but I call my friends bro and wear tanks and go shirtless in the blazing sun. T
    I think most people here, when we talk about "bros" are defining people by how they act, not how they look or dress. I was in a fraternity too, and I don't intentionally elbow people shorter than me when I push through the beer line (I watched this happen). On Sunday night (weekend 1) there were bros at the DJ tent in the Campgrounds who walked out and just STOOD in the middle of our dance circle, pretending that they didn't see anyone dancing there. There was hella room around us, it's not like we were hogging space or anything.

And I agree with the other posters above: too many people were there just to drink and hang out. Coachella used to be about the music. I don't know if it's because there are far more pop acts or because so many people, but I don't like it. I don't know how much longer I will be shelling out the cash if this trend continues.
    --->Living-Silver.com <---

Quote Originally Posted by LickTheLizzard View Post
    we broooooooooooos
    WU LYF

The only time when I truly cringed at "bro" behavior, was a guy with his buddies in the entrance line on Sunday who kept chanting "Pussy and patron make me feel alright" for at least fifteen minutes. I guarantee somebody else heard this dude.

That being said, I don't really care that much about "bros" with no music taste. There are a lot of people that come to their first as a bro with no interest in music, and come back the next year as a bonafide Pitchfork reading hipster, and then hopefully come back the next year as a normal kid who just likes music. I've known plenty of people who can probably trace their interest in music to leaving Coachella and saying, "Oh shit, it doesn't all have to be Rick Ross and Taylor Swift" or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by travelfan View Post
    The only time when I truly cringed at "bro" behavior, was a guy with his buddies in the entrance line on Sunday who kept chanting "Pussy and patron make me feel alright" for at least fifteen minutes. I guarantee somebody else heard this dude.

That being said, I don't really care that much about "bros" with no music taste. There are a lot of people that come to their first as a bro with no interest in music, and come back the next year as a bonafide Pitchfork reading hipster, and then hopefully come back the next year as a normal kid who just likes music. I've known plenty of people who can probably trace their interest in music to leaving Coachella and saying, "Oh shit, it doesn't all have to be Rick Ross and Taylor Swift" or whatever.
    I think you're right on here. I actually know various people who are perfect examples of this. Come to Coachella for Jay Z or Kanye, leave with tons of new discoveries and a more open mind about music as a whole.

That patron song from Kendrick Lamar was awful, I have never heard that song till then. This is the case with almost everyone playing at Coachella and I dont play it off like I do know. I find that not knowing much about music (which i know almost none) makes it that much more exciting because my first time experiencing these songs is live.

well, seal up the Sahara with them inside pulling a Nazi "This is where we are going to feed you, Jews" routine

Wow
    2004, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2012b, 2013a, 2014a

Yikes

still too soon lehorne

2 minutes into the festival around noonish a stampede of bros galloped by me making a dash to Gobi screaming "OMG THERES THE SAHARA!!!!!!!" Can't imagine how disappointed they must have been to watch Abe Vigoda instead.

Ods & cman basically summed up my experience. This was my 7th year, and in my head, I still consider myself a "mid school" Coacheller. Sadly, in neither weekend that I had gone did I run into anyone who had matched my number of Coachellas, and 80% of the people I talked to were first-timers, and 100% of them named some DJ when I asked who they were most excited about seeing.

I guess I'm old now. And it really does make me sad that I've lost motivation to do 2 weekends again. It's not about being an elitist and wishing Coachella were still a "secret". But the reason I had even fallen in love with Coachella in 2006 was because any random person I talked to was actually familiar with all the random shit I listened to in college, and could give me recommendations on sets that spanned all genres. I really really really don't understand this EDM fad, and I'm starting to suspect that some zombie apocalypse has afflicted the music world without us having realized it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by cman1098 View Post
    So many bros. The group I was camping with began to just people watch and make fun of them all. It was extremely discouraging talking to most people about their taste in music. I would look at people at tell them where they were going next and they were always saying aren't you going to see Afrowack too?!

I remember these two 20 year old girls, extremely hot btw, came up to me and started talking to me about seeing Guetta next. They also knew I was older and they needed someone to buy them alcohol (I'm 23 btw it was my 3rd Coachella). I laughed at them and told them I had no time to get them alcohol even if they both took turns sucking my dick. They were appalled and moved on to the next sap.

I don't think I had a decent conversation about music with any stranger this year. I ran into so many people who "loved the shins" I told them I loved them too but would not be seeing them because the shins weren't playing because the lead singer fired his band. None of them knew that but claimed to be huge fans. I ran into a million Miike Snow fans who did not know they came out with a new album, and did not even know Miike Snow wasn't a single person.

To be honest in 2010 I would have been classified as a bro, but I knew more about music in my bro form then the bros today know. The outdoor on Saturday in 2010 was amazing, spent all day there, there isn't a bro that I know today that would leave the Sahara for anything. I at least was coming for the music, not to "rage face."
    Coachella 06, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12 (1&2), 13 (2), 14 (2)
    Lolla 03, 06, 07, 08
    Outside Lands 08, 10, 11, 12
    Nerd Project: www.coacheller.com

haha! Just make sure you warn all the non bro's and non kandi hoes that accompany them before you do this.

Quote Originally Posted by lehorne View Post
    well, seal up the Sahara with them inside pulling a Nazi "This is where we are going to feed you, Jews" routine

Last edited by Digitalstereo; 05-17-2012 at 04:03 PM.

I understand where every one is coming from. Bros weren't an issue until 2010. The growth of the EDM scene has attracted such people; like a giant pile of shit attracts flies. Can't tell the difference between the both, a pile of shit (Skrillex) and flies (bros) The shit is there but you can't really bother with it since it's shit and the flies well, you try your best to stay away from it, but it just does not go away. Take out the shit from Coachella and you will have a festival free of bros. Basically take the generic indie rock, generic dance music, and brostep out from Coachella and the bros and kandi skanks will leave.

Edit: Then again, like people mentioned before; bros can be used as personal amusement. I sure do every time I go to a dance event. I normally just confuse them by telling them Skrillex and Nero are at a different stage and they leave.
    Last edited by Digitalstereo; 05-17-2012 at 04:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Digitalstereo View Post
    I understand where every one is coming from. Bros weren't an issue until 2010. The growth of the EDM scene has attracted such people; like a giant pile of shit attracts flies. Can't tell the difference between the both, a pile of shit (Skrillex) and flies (bros) The shit is there but you can't really bother with it since it's shit and the flies well, you try your best to get rid of them but they just don't go away. Take out the shit from Coachella and you will have a festival free of bros. Basically take out all the indie rock, generic dance music, and brostep from Coachella and the bros and kandi skanks will leave.

Edit: Then again, like people mentioned before; bros can be used as personal amusement. I sure do every time I go to a dance event. I normally just confuse them by telling them Skrillex and Nero are at a different stage and they leave.
    I was following this until riiiight about here.

haha! not all indie rock let me edit that. I also enjoy indie I did go overboard with take out all indie.
    Last edited by Digitalstereo; 05-17-2012 at 04:15 PM.