Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: too many frat "bros"

Default Re: too many frat "bros"

you'd be surprised how many frat bros are in these forums disguised as music elitists

Quote Originally Posted by gWiLiKeRzZz View Post
    i might be alone with this but I enjoyed the bros. I have so many funny stories from the shit I saw them doing/saying at the sahara tent. If I was ever tired/bored/super hot I could rest by the Sahara tent and be amused for hours.
    I am with you. Bros make for hilarious people watching. I enjoy it. Whenever I have some down time and nothing to do I wander over to the Sahara for some of the best entertainment ever. People on this board are all elitist and like to bash people that aren't like them so they feel superior. What fun would Coachella, or even life be if everybody looked and acted the same? Fuckin hipsters...sometimes they're worse than bros...
    Let's go on a livin' spree!

You mad breaux?

You guys haven't even seen the worst kind of bros until you've seen Utah bro's, in southern Utah drinking and smoking in high school makes you edgy. So they're sweetbro's that think they are edgy and alternative - but they're all just regular bros.
    Anyway, I have some bro friends and I have to say, I have a lot more fun with my bro-friends than I do with my non-bro friends.

Quote Originally Posted by badgerbeaver View Post
    With the music during late hours thing, my neighbors this year weren't bros but they would pound house music til 5am then pass out, which gave my group like 2-3 hours of "sleep" before my other neighbors started waking up and pounding house music on their sub w/ generator at 8am. I felt like it was a noise war between our rap, rock, and musical diversity vs. house (specifically that shitty song by avicii, whats that song that i've heard bajillions of times at coachella this year called? you know the one), but not everyone who was blasting house was a bro and it kinda drove me insane when I was strung out trying to get in on much needed sleep.
    My point is, not every "bro" is a douchebag and the fact that people are harshing on others during and after a festival of acceptance and allowing others to be who they wanna be is shitty and pretty douchy too. Everyone is different and if you can't handle that fact when you're in the middle of 80,000 people, maybe you shouldn't go.
    Point taken, and it is definitely a generalization about buff, tatted-up, dudes in tank tops that are being made here. I think douche bag vs. bro is an important distinction, as not all "bros" are "douches"...but many are. It's a style by association, my friend. Does that mean seemingly open-minded/good people such as yourself get lumped in sometimes? Unfortunately, but it's up to you to make "bro"...umm, un-"bro".

Quote Originally Posted by swdshfsk View Post
    generalization about buff, tatted-up, dudes in tank tops that are being made here.
    ahh, my generalization about buff tatted-up dudes in tank tops is: sweet! eye candy!

We wrote BRO-CHELLA!!! 2012!!! EDM <3, #STUPIDFACEDD!!!, SHM, AFROJEEZY and LE7ELS all over my van as a joke...our neighbors didn't get it and peed on our van Thursday night. They admitted it to us when we started hanging out and realized we weren't d-bags...I guess we asked for it.

Maybe bro's who go to Coachella, some of them come back and realize that the lifestyle they currently have isn't for them. Festivals can change people. Give people the chance to grow.

Quote Originally Posted by emoassnolan View Post
    We wrote BRO-CHELLA!!! 2012!!! EDM <3, #STUPIDFACEDD!!!, SHM, AFROJEEZY and LE7ELS all over my van as a joke...our neighbors didn't get it and peed on our van Thursday night. They admitted it to us when we started hanging out and realized we weren't d-bags...I guess we asked for it.
    There was nothing written on a van at our camp and it got pissed all over....by the guys that drove it in.
    Twin cities kids....they drink. ALOT

Is BRO an acronym for Being Ridiculously Obnoxious, because they sure fit the bill.

There were these two bros in line to get back in on Saturday late afternoon during weekend one who kept making drawn out grunting noises that sounded like a pair of dying cows and slamming beer can after beer can. He and his buddy must have put away 6 beers apiece in a 15 minute span while this line moved ridiculously slow. They kept talking about how they had to finish all of their beer before they got to the front of the line and how they were going to "rage" inside and it seemed like quite a moment for the heterosexual bro-couple. In the process, much beer was spilled on people after about three beers into their binge (which was probably more like 12 beers in because I am willing to bet they were drinking at their campsite) and it didn't make many nearby folks happy.

A few people started telling them to shut the fuck up and pay attention. One of the drunk guys turns and tries to confront a person who hadn't said a word nor paid the least bit of attention to the guy. Then, after being told by several people that the person he was trying to fight didn't say anything, he proceeds to tell his buddy he will take everyone on in order to get inside to see Guetta and they both start making random noises again.

/brostory
    Last edited by GuyInTucson; 04-26-2012 at 11:04 AM.
    10/8 - Little Dragon @ Marquee (Tempe, AZ)
    10/11 - Carolina Chocolate Drops @ Rialto Theater (Tucson, AZ)
    11/10 - The Black Keys @ US Airways Center (Phoenix, AZ)
    4/10/15 - 4/12/15 - Coachella

umm never too many. There were so many beefy, shirtless, in nothing but going commando in shorty neon shorts all frolicking about. One day I am going to get into their pants. ALL OF THEIR PANTS. I was pretty much hard and horny all weekend because of them
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Coyne
    People treat Arcade Fire like they're the greatest thing ever and they get away with it.

You fucking slut.
    10/8 - Little Dragon @ Marquee (Tempe, AZ)
    10/11 - Carolina Chocolate Drops @ Rialto Theater (Tucson, AZ)
    11/10 - The Black Keys @ US Airways Center (Phoenix, AZ)
    4/10/15 - 4/12/15 - Coachella

The cold weather made Friday and Saturday of weekend one clotheschella, sorry brah

Quote Originally Posted by sbessiso View Post
    umm never too many. There were so many beefy, shirtless, in nothing but going commando in shorty neon shorts all frolicking about. One day I am going to get into their pants. ALL OF THEIR PANTS. I was pretty much hard and horny all weekend because of them
    Can we get you to creep the Sahara next year? (if you're not busy)

I bet I could make salah blush.

Oh I was lurking all up in that Sahara. Believe me I know where the hot ass is. Not only hot ass, but hot ass on copius amounts of drugs all impairing their judgement and just thumping to the beat.

need a cold shower
    People treat Arcade Fire like they're the greatest thing ever and they get away with it.

Coachella Junkie malcolmjamalawesome's Avatar

It's just down to hipster or bro now, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by ruetheday View Post
    I don't fucking care. I don't even know who the hell Dave Wang is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devin the Dude View Post
    you used to be that guy that just Dave Wang's everybody. that guy. he's gone now, and whoever you really are showed up, and that was utter disappointment.

And the aussies

AUSSIE BROS

WOOF

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen Snips View Post
    Any act: "Throw your muthafuckin' hands up!"
    Bruhs: "FUCK YEAH!!!!!!"

Any act: *plays good music*
    Bruhs: *looks around* "the FUCK is this, bruh?!"

Any act: *has lasers*
    Bruhs: "KILLED IT, BRUH!"

Bruh drinks lemonade: "Dude, bruh, this is best fucking lemonade I've ever had bruh!"

Bruh drinks green drink: "You GOT to try this green drink bruh!"
    I like you.
    Quote Originally Posted by involvelemons View Post
    Silent discos are like having sex with a virgin: really exciting in theory, extremely awkward in execution.
    Quote Originally Posted by BROKENDOLL View Post
    I bet Cara's gotten enough Twats on a Platter and Dick on a Stick to open her own Trolls to Go snack shop.

During Justice I was dancing my ass off in my own personal space while some drugged out bro and his friends decided to mosh/dance into every person around them. He kept trying to start a mosh pit and when I told him to stop he kept trying to apologize...and then tried to kiss me. Then about every 30 seconds he tried to apologize for that. And the whole time I was just saying, "I won't be mad if you just shut the fuck up and let me watch Justice." But he just wouldn't stop. Ruined the set.

Quote Originally Posted by RobotMan4 View Post
    it seemed to be getting worse every year but this year their drunken presence was far more noticeable. Coachella used to be a great festival because it was a chance to get away from "bro" d-bags. not anymore. oh well.
    I mentioned this in another thread, but believe it or not, it used to be a lot worse when they sold 1-day passes. Those attracted tons of non-committal bro d-bags.

Coachella Junkie malcolmjamalawesome's Avatar

There is no more enjoyable Salah than sexually aggressive Salah.
    Quote Originally Posted by ruetheday View Post
    I don't fucking care. I don't even know who the hell Dave Wang is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devin the Dude View Post
    you used to be that guy that just Dave Wang's everybody. that guy. he's gone now, and whoever you really are showed up, and that was utter disappointment.

Quote Originally Posted by sbessiso View Post
    Oh I was lurking all up in that Sahara. Believe me I know where the hot ass is. Not only hot ass, but hot ass on copius amounts of drugs all impairing their judgement and just thumping to the beat.

need a cold shower
    2013 Plan - Salah - you dress as your funky sexy self, any of us who spot shirtless sweaty bros who will be easily coaxed into a tent for "pure ecstasy" will forward them to you

Quote Originally Posted by aphrael View Post
    on the one hand, coachella is about sharing a love of music with other people who love music.

on the other hand, it's always been a place where i feel like i can be who i want to be, and where i'm happy to allow others to be who they want to be; we're all here for the same thing, and we just express it differently.
    Not so. I can't even count how many bros I talked to both weekends who knew nothing about the music and were just there to get wasted and party.

Sadly, that's all too true.

Also (since there doesn't seem to be a thread, nor do I want to start one), there seemed to be a ton of first timers on the fields this year, both weekends. Nearly every person I met/talked to was there for the first time. Not sure exactly what that means, but I thought it was interesting. Some of them were bros with zero music taste, but I met a few alright people as well.

Quote Originally Posted by ods.. View Post
    Sadly, that's all too true.

Also (since there doesn't seem to be a thread, nor do I want to start one), there seemed to be a ton of first timers on the fields this year, both weekends. Nearly every person I met/talked to was there for the first time. Not sure exactly what that means, but I thought it was interesting. Some of them were bros with zero music taste, but I met a few alright people as well.
    I ran into a first timer on weekend 2 who said Coachella was the best kept secret and don't tell anyone or you'll ruin it. I thought, too late, you're already here.

I was too busy enjoying all the awesome music to notice bros or people watch. I didn't camp though so that could be why they don't bother me.

So many bros. The group I was camping with began to just people watch and make fun of them all. It was extremely discouraging talking to most people about their taste in music. I would look at people at tell them where they were going next and they were always saying aren't you going to see Afrowack too?!

I remember these two 20 year old girls, extremely hot btw, came up to me and started talking to me about seeing Guetta next. They also knew I was older and they needed someone to buy them alcohol (I'm 23 btw it was my 3rd Coachella). I laughed at them and told them I had no time to get them alcohol even if they both took turns sucking my dick. They were appalled and moved on to the next sap.

I don't think I had a decent conversation about music with any stranger this year. I ran into so many people who "loved the shins" I told them I loved them too but would not be seeing them because the shins weren't playing because the lead singer fired his band. None of them knew that but claimed to be huge fans. I ran into a million Miike Snow fans who did not know they came out with a new album, and did not even know Miike Snow wasn't a single person.

To be honest in 2010 I would have been classified as a bro, but I knew more about music in my bro form then the bros today know. The outdoor on Saturday in 2010 was amazing, spent all day there, there isn't a bro that I know today that would leave the Sahara for anything. I at least was coming for the music, not to "rage face."
    Last edited by cman1098; 04-29-2012 at 08:22 PM. Reason: Added paragraphs.
    2013: Tool first three time Headliner.