Thread: Thank you!

Default Thank you!

Thanks to everyone who made my first Coachella an absolutely magical and memorable experience.

A special shout out to everyone on the message boards who responded to with humour, honesty and experience to my, and many other's, questions!

Happy Coachella. Now back to reality ... le sad.

Default Re: Thank you!

Glad to hear you enjoyed yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by teej1984 View Post
    Thanks to everyone who made my first Coachella an absolutely magical and memorable experience.

A special shout out to everyone on the message boards who responded to with humour, honesty and experience to my, and many other's, questions!

Happy Coachella. Now back to reality ... le sad.

This

I have been to many local festivals but absolutely nothing like Coachella. The whole experience was fantastic. I dont want to sound like a wanker, but to those of you who have this in your "backyard" please never take it granted. I will give body parts to go every year...and I still may have to.

Quote Originally Posted by vulcandeathgrip View Post
    This

I have been to many local festivals but absolutely nothing like Coachella. The whole experience was fantastic. I dont want to sound like a wanker, but to those of you who have this in your "backyard" please never take it granted. I will give body parts to go every year...and I still may have to.
    It's like a right of passage around here.

This was also my first Coachella and I'm already looking forward to coming back next year. One of the best weekends of my life.

Agree entirely with the OP, had been to Sasquatch and Outside Lands, but Coachella is like an A+ while those that used to be the best around in my book are now a C and B respectively lol

you're welcome

Mesa, Az, Amsterdam and Antwerp when I can!

Glad you enjoyed it as much as I did! See you next year.
    99, 01, 02, 03, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11,12,13, 14
    Dancing In The Desert and Loving Every Minute of Coachella!

Check out my Coachella pictures at Flickr.com under AJVaughn.com. Other art work there also!
    There are 3 Coachella sets on Flickr.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/alanjvaughn/sets

Been to many many festivals, concerts, etc, but I have to say I had more fun last weekend than I can remember. It was my first Coachella by the way.

Not to hijack the thread, but may I ask what it is that makes Coachella different than the others? I havent been to any of the other large festivals in the US other than Ultra, so I dont really have anything to compare. What's the main difference?

I haven't been to other major festivals but the location is pretty special to me.

Very cool. It's hard to put that experience in words.
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

I agree, it's hard to put into words why Coachella is so special... I've been to Lolla (2010) and Osheaga (2009 in Montréal) and both were amazing but there was a certain je ne sais quoi about Coachella!

Maybe it's the heat, the cool California lifestyle, the medicinal marijuana or just the 'happy go-lucky I'm going to talk to everyone' attitude that everyone I met seemed to have!

Thread not full of pure trolls.

2012 Coachella & TBA
    2011 Wakarusa & Bonnaroo
    2010 Coachella
    2009 Bonnaroo
    2008 Wakarusa

Quote Originally Posted by theGold View Post
    Not to hijack the thread, but may I ask what it is that makes Coachella different than the others? I havent been to any of the other large festivals in the US other than Ultra, so I dont really have anything to compare. What's the main difference?
    Since I've been to many festivals over the years, I'd say between the quality of the musicians, the sound systems, the lighting, and an atmosphere created that you should feel like an idiot if it doesn't make you want to dance your ass off. I'm sure there are other reasons, but I'd say that was mine.

Lurker

It was my first festival as well and it was amazingt the whole aura of the weekend was amazing the people had a lot to do with it i think. lots of substance filled people but i don't recall seeing anyone being an asshole and causing trouble.It was a great time see you next year

Agreed to everything everyone said above! Great times, and the boards really helped prepare for what I should bring to the campsite! What a weekend!

This was my 2nd Coachella and could not thank Golden Voice enough for making this experience one of the best of my life. I had my first taste of Golden Voice and The Empire Polo Fields when Phish had their festival in 2010 and that by far was the best (logistically and run) Phish festival. So thank you Golden Voice and everyone that makes Coachella what it is!

Quote Originally Posted by vulcandeathgrip View Post
    This

It really is a lucky thing to be able to have Coachella when you're from SoCal. It's great to see how many people come from far and wide to attend, too. I love seeing the "I came from (fill in the blank country) and I want to hear (fill in the blank) song!" signs.

Huell Howser needs to do a California's Gold episode on Coachella.
    Coachella 1999, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2012

This festival is just gonna get bigger and bigger, people are just going to say they went. Trendy as fuck, I miss my festival the way it was years ago. Coachella will never be the same.

Quote Originally Posted by paperdoll78 View Post

Huell Howser needs to do a California's Gold episode on Coachella.
    I don't know if you're joking, but he already did.

Quote Originally Posted by Riggins33 View Post
    This festival is just gonna get bigger and bigger, people are just going to say they went. Trendy as fuck, I miss my festival the way it was years ago. Coachella will never be the same.
    Seems like everyone says this when things grow, but something this good can't simply stay the same. I think it has grown in an amazing wway. (Sans the devolving Sahara tent). Just keep looking at all the positives and take it for what it is instead of holding onto a past ideal. Not trying to burn, as I see some bad things happening to the fest and it's attendees, but overall everything is awesome. It's up to us to keep the attendee vibe awesome.

My first Coachella and the best weekend of my life. No doubt about it. I've wanted to go to Coachella ever since I first heard about it some years ago. I finally had the means to attend and I'm glad I jumped on the chance to do so.
    I always hear about people going year after year and how amazing it all is, and now I'm happy to say that I understand what they mean. Saying goodbye to the amazing people I met that weekend and taking my final steps off the festival site was really heartbreaking, but I just hope to be there again next year.

Sorry for being so fucking sappy but Coachella is my dream come true (and I bet it is for you guys as well). Thanks to everyone for the great vibes & overall wonderful experience!

I want to say thanks also. This is my 3rd Coachella but the first time reading the boards before going. I took my two boys and we had an awesome camp thanks the the camping threads (we made a mister which was huge for week 2). I saw some amazing performances I would have missed without all the great threads in Lineup/Artists (Le Butcherettes, Wally Callerio, DoLab!!). There's nothing like the first time but this was the best Coachella so far. I may have to do in one more time. Thanks

I'll jump on the "best experience of my life" train too (no sarcasm). It was an indescribable experience. The people, the music, the art and the fields all just seem to fit together. I had no problems that weekend with anyone over anything. My girlfriend and I were nothing but happy the entire time. Literally perfect. Can't wait for 2013!