Thread: Driving Back to Los Angeles/Orange County Area

Hybrid View

Default Driving Back to Los Angeles/Orange County Area

Last night was one of the worst nights I have driven back home from the festival. Sandstorm, wind, heavy fog, and rain. Surprised no accidents happened. Saw some crazy swerving but I guess if everyone is swerving no one has a chance to hit each other, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by fatbastard View Post
    Don't ever use Paul's name again in a posting. YOU GOT THAT YOU STUPID MOTHERFUCKER? Paul was making his bones in the business back when you were just cum in your mother's ear.

Default Re: Driving Back to Los Angeles/Orange County Area

I knew I wasn't in Kansas any more. I was very happy to have made it home safely, driving for 2+ hours fatigued from 3 days of musical euphoria, sleep deprivation & heat. A few times I wondered if I had missed an exit, as visibility was really limited.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonovan View Post
    I knew I wasn't in Kansas any more. I was very happy to have made it home safely, driving for 2+ hours fatigued from 3 days of musical euphoria, sleep deprivation & heat. A few times I wondered if I had missed an exit, as visibility was really limited.
    Yeah. I had to get off the freeway after the fog'd up area to sleep for 15 minutes. Then I drove home in the following way:

Music on blast, windows open, heater on.
    Mute music, windows closed, ac on.
    Singing my own made up music.

There were points where I'd snap out of dozing off. Scary.
    Don't ever use Paul's name again in a posting. YOU GOT THAT YOU STUPID MOTHERFUCKER? Paul was making his bones in the business back when you were just cum in your mother's ear.

It was pretty intense. I've never so happy to see my exit and get off to go home. Didn't see any accidents though. I saw a couple of close calls on the way to Coachella though.

Driving back last night was pretty wild, I was almost certain my car was gonna flip over.

vogina, your avatar was successful as to making me punch the shit out of my computer monitor.

driving home from weekend 1 sunday at 2 AM was really rough. never making that choice again. i'd rather wait it out. almost got into mad accidents. not. good.

Driving back at 4:30am it was still pretty bad...

First wind, then dust/wind, then fog/rain, then finally the sun came up and there was a light steady rain most of the remainder of the way. I was really happy to see the sun. Made it to UCLA around 8am.

I feel pretty wimpy, as I was driving cautiously at about 55-60mph when the wind was gusting, but people were zooming around me without a care in the world. Oh well, I kind of want to continue living.

Lurker

I didn't even bother trying to get back to OC sunday night. I just got home this evening. People at coachella are all nice, but put them on the freeway and they turn super scary

Whatever you do don't put your blinkers on. Don't telegraph your next move.

Quote Originally Posted by stranger123 View Post
    It was pretty intense. I've never so happy to see my exit and get off to go home. Didn't see any accidents though. I saw a couple of close calls on the way to Coachella though.
    Ya. When I got home I just went for the couch and immediately fell asleep. I don't think I have ever falling asleep so fast being sober. Wished it happened more often.

[QUOTE=deegee;2474963]vogina, your avatar was successful as to making me punch the shit out of my computer monitor./QUOTE]

Excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWatcher View Post
    I feel pretty wimpy, as I was driving cautiously at about 55-60mph when the wind was gusting, but people were zooming around me without a care in the world. Oh well, I kind of want to continue living.
    I drive a Scion XB and did that last year - mellow and safe. I found out that during the windy parts of the drive back it's better to drive fast because you are breaking the wind rather than being tossed by it. At least this holds for hi-topped box cars with the weight of a tool box.

Quote Originally Posted by flowbee View Post
    Whatever you do don't put your blinkers on. Don't telegraph your next move.
    Hahaha. Or do the speed-up speed down game with the guy in the next lane.

Our drive back to OC was ok. I didn't think it was near as bad as everyone is saying. Maybe we were early enough? We were on the road between....midnight and 2 or so. I only saw one driver that couldn't stay in his/her fucking lane. Horribly scary to watch.
    A couple years ago we actually called the cops on some raver kid trying to drive. He was decked out in typical Sahara apparel and was swerving so much that we thought he was having a seizure. When we pulled up next to him he was literally asleep at the wheel, drifting away from our car. Dude looked fucked up.
    Don't know what happened, but I'm sure he either eventually crashed or the cops found him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mammoth85 View Post
    I hope Wario and Donkey Kong don't conflict.