Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: VIP wristbands: Worth it?

Default Re: VIP wristbands: Worth it?

Quote Originally Posted by Azzah1977 View Post
    I think as I'm getting older, I enjoy the comfortability of VIP
    I would totally agree with this if only you'd not used the word 'comfortability'. I think 'comfort' would have worked just fine there.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

i splurged & bought myself VIP ~ maybe if i was in my 20s & with a group of friends i would do GA ~ but this may be my only time going & i'll be alone so i figure it's worth it for the comfort factor alone ~

In my opinion, not worth it at all unless you REALLY care about not using the porta-potties.

Used to be a "maybe if you have cash to burn" back when VIP had the only full bar, but now that there's at least one outside the VIP I wouldn't pay for it.
    06, 08-14

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    I still haven't quite figured this out. The easy parking and getting in sure were nice. The VIP lounges in the afternoon were very nice (and probably would have been even more appreciated had it been hot). Is that worth the extra $? gametime decision.
    This is one of the reasons we did VIP this year. I just couldn't catch a break last year ending up in the 2/3 hour lines getting through security (that was getting there early/later on different days) and I had to really work not to let it effect my weekend.

I went for VIP this year, could be my last time at the Polo Fields so I thought I would treat myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn163 View Post
    This is one of the reasons we did VIP this year. I just couldn't catch a break last year ending up in the 2/3 hour lines getting through security (that was getting there early/later on different days) and I had to really work not to let it effect my weekend.
    I wound up buying VIP this year as well. fuck lines.
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Except rack lines.. Amirite?

Can't Post anymore. bummer Zafocaine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ravingmad View Post
    In my opinion, not worth it at all unless you REALLY care about not using the porta-potties.

Used to be a "maybe if you have cash to burn" back when VIP had the only full bar, but now that there's at least one outside the VIP I wouldn't pay for it.
    Grabbing a beer after 10:30pm is a great perk. Closing the beer garden before the festival ends is asking for riots. If only this were 1992 again, when anger mattered...

I don't think denying people beer - or anything aside from water after any time of day is proper grounds for a riot. Using cliches like 'when anger mattered' doesn't seem like an apt way to describe your dissapointment (or maybe not if you go VIP) in not being able to get a beer after 1030. You know, things like dictatorships, oppression of civil rights, no access to clean drinking water or food, that might be asking for a riot, regardless of ANGER MATTERING BRO!

Quote Originally Posted by funkmastahosh View Post
    I don't think denying people beer - or anything aside from water after any time of day is proper grounds for a riot. Using cliches like 'when anger mattered' doesn't seem like an apt way to describe your dissapointment (or maybe not if you go VIP) in not being able to get a beer after 1030. You know, things like dictatorships, oppression of civil rights, no access to clean drinking water or food, that might be asking for a riot, regardless of ANGER MATTERING BRO!
    Whatever bro, even Hitler was pro-beer.

I even went on to mention 1992, which seems to have gone way over your head. A black man on PCP resisting arrest was beaten by the LAPD. This happens ALL THE FUCKING TIME, yet people decided to riot and loot.

Maybe you don't mind drinking all day just to have someone stop you from finishing your night off proper. Maybe you just don't drink. Some of us do, and we don't need some 18 year old kid acting as security to tell us that the beer garden closes at any time.

A. The proposed rioters are already intoxicated.
    B. The proposed rioters are being denied the treatment to their sickness (alcoholism is a disease. One which they support from 11AM until 10:30PM. To cut the medication off is begging for non-race riots)
    C. There are way more of us than there are of them.

You do understand how rioting works... right? I'm not saying it should happen at all. I am saying LEAVE THE MOTHER FUCKING BEER GARDENS UP UNTIL CLOSING. Install a checkpoint at each exit in the parking lots catching drunk drivers. End of discussion.

VIP areas can use credit cards at some of the food vendors and at the bars.

That's a great perk.

I think the sociocultural impact of Rodney King definitely transcended just a black man on PCP being beaten by the cops (which isn't that common of an occurrence) but, if that's how you would like to compartmentalize a crucial event in recent history, I'm not going to try and change your mind since per reading this thread it seems like you just like the attention. I am sorry, though as I thought I misunderstood thinking you were like hoping for a riot or at least implying the folks in charge deserved a riot on their hands. I guess I could understand like a 'oh man, no more beer' or a 'thank god I brought this flask of tequila' as an appropriate response for a grown adult. I personally think governments responsible for racial prejudice and hiring an incredibly racist staff to operate a function like LAPD are asking for some type of civil unrest to be insighted. Way to cap it off with another wonderful cliche END OF DISCUSSION BRO!

Quote Originally Posted by iamthehorn View Post
    Whatever bro, even Hitler was pro-beer.
    Yep he was also world war 2 runner up. Quite the accomplishment.

Mesa, Az, Amsterdam and Antwerp when I can!

I had VIP twice. Paid once and free the other. Neither were really worth it. 15 minutes on a coach was wasted time I should have been at a show. Drinks weren't that much better, especially for the price and the food was just food. Save your money for t-shirts, posters and drugs. It's a better use of your money.
    99, 01, 02, 03, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11,12,13, 14
    Dancing In The Desert and Loving Every Minute of Coachella!

Check out my Coachella pictures at Flickr.com under AJVaughn.com. Other art work there also!
    There are 3 Coachella sets on Flickr.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/alanjvaughn/sets

Who the fuck are you to tell me how to use my money? Go fuck yourself.

Do what my buddy and I did last year...collect 1000 cans, then trade them in Thursday before the festival starts. We got VIP upgrades through the recycling program and had a blast...especially since security screwed up and let us into the Artist/Guest area in the Sahara tent early Friday. Saw Breakbot, LA Riots, & R3hab in the very front row with 4 people around us. Amazing experience.

Otherwise, much of what everyone else has said...clean bathrooms, food, full bars...and viewing from the Sahara tent is pretty legit in the rose gardens. It's amazing the difference in atmosphere and the calmness of VIP in comparison to the party going on in GA.

I think the sociocultural impact of Rodney King definitely transcended just a black man on PCP being beaten by the cops (which isn't that common of an occurrence) but, if that's how you would like to compartmentalize a crucial event in recent history, I'm not going to try and change your mind since per reading this thread it seems like you just like the attention. I am sorry, though as I thought I misunderstood thinking you were like hoping for a riot or at least implying the folks in charge deserved a riot on their hands. I guess I could understand like a 'oh man, no more beer' or a 'thank god I brought this flask of tequila' as an appropriate response for a grown adult. I personally think governments responsible for racial prejudice and hiring an incredibly racist staff to operate a function like LAPD are asking for some type of civil unrest to be insighted. Way to cap it off with another wonderful cliche END OF DISCUSSION BRO!
    How many grown men do you know who accidentally drowned in a pool, on drugs or not? Remember that next time you try denying alcohol to an adult. I saw King about two months before his death, and he was visibly more sober than I was at the time. Either police got the last laugh, or some crank addict decided that no mother fucker was going to stop them.

Point? Don't offer alcohol unless you're planning on keeping it available until closing.

If that weren't enough, vip bars stayed open until closing. People have rioted for much less, including tea. Considering you just paid $9 for a beer, considerations ought to be taken.

You had the nerve to tax my cup of beer. To put it kindly, Paul, did you expect me to agree? Gonna show you why we dumped it in the Sahara. Biggest little tent of beer you'll ever see.

As intelligent a some of you are, you sure do make a big deal out of people making a big deal out of nothing. Are you here to draw significance from the dirt, or to enjoy yourself? You figure that out.

Default Anissiar Angelic

Nice post. I be taught something more difficult on different blogs everyday. It is going to always be stimulating to learn content from different writers and follow a little bit something from their store. I’d prefer to use some with the content material on my weblog whether you don’t mind. Natually I’ll give you a link in your web blog. Thanks for sharing.

Default Re: Anissiar Angelic

Quote Originally Posted by Anissiar View Post
    Nice post. I be taught something more difficult on different blogs everyday. It is going to always be stimulating to learn content from different writers and follow a little bit something from their store. I’d prefer to use some with the content material on my weblog whether you don’t mind. Natually I’ll give you a link in your web blog. Thanks for sharing.
    Are you asking for something? Spit it out. The answer is still 'get Fucked,' but I figured I'd ask =)

If you're a Festival Warrior, the VIP isn't worth it at all. Years ago, it really felt VIP. But now it's so crowded, it's a bit more about getting to wait in a different set of lines. The food and drinks are marginally better... but not $300 better. The other toilets are nice, but it doesn't prevent you from taking a sweat bath the minute you step into a crowd.

But if you're really only going for the headliners and to take it easy, if you're not much an outdoors person, if your boyfriend or girlfriend isn't really a music nut and "is going for you"... then it can be nice. Personally, I can't fathom paying another $300 to go to Coachella.
    Just Say No to eurotrash nonsense. Rock n' roll will set you free.

i got vip this year. I already know its not worth the money from the fact you still pay for everything with in...kind of stupid. But, maybe the experience will be differen't. either way I'm going to have a blast and probably wont spend that much time in the VIP areas.

VIP is for people that want to be VIP but aint shit... if you have $$$ get a fucking safari tent and get real perks like free drinks and backstage passes or just make friends with someone in the industry, and get one for free

then get out of the forum you dumb cunt

Best thing we did this year! Absolutely no lines. Parking was a 4 minute drive from house to parking lot. Never waited to get in or out of lot or venue. Was worth every penny for the escape and convenience after our experience last year and from what I've read about this year (maybe just Friday). Of course there are people in there just to be seen, but that's all over the fields.

first year being VIP and it was totally worth it. very quick entrance/walk from shuttle stop to inside the festival (VIP entrance). Plenty of shade in the vip section next to the main stage. Didn't get searched all 3 days and was able to bring my big ass evian water bottle everyday without problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by shoegazer76 View Post
    Passion Pit drew the biggest congregation of white people that couldn't dance that I've ever seen.

Lurker

I just got back from this years Coachella, I had GA through half of it and Artist throughout the rest. It was cool having Artist bands but I had a lot more fun being in the crowd. VIP is the way to go if you don't want a full experience. A concert is meant to be in the middle of... just my opinion, but I had an amazing time!!! Lolla doesn't compare to Coachella, great time again but a totally different experience. #twodoorcinemaclub #knifeparty

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn163 View Post
    Of course there are people in there just to be seen, but that's all over the fields.
    Well, I saw you, what else do you need?

Well, I saw you, what else do you need?
    True. My weekend was made.

Quote Originally Posted by gam3g3ni3 View Post
    VIP areas can use credit cards at some of the food vendors and at the bars.

That's a great perk.
    Wait. Paying more to be given options on how to spend even more is a perk?